THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4061
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3,596
Page 4061 of 4193 FirstFirst ... 306135613961401140514058405940604061406240634064407141114161 ... LastLast
Results 60,901 to 60,915 of 62883
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.12.20 @ 06:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Packing the court is wrong and you know it. It’s not the same thing as waiting to appoint a judge.

FDR’s whole foundation for doing it was bullshit too. It was a temper tantrum from someone who wasn’t a fan of the Constitution.

The GOP senators? Murkowski does what she always does. She asks “What’s in it for me?” then votes according to that .

Romney. Do we even have to discuss his reasons?

Seems like you’re mad for the sake of being mad since you said you had no problem with it.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

George Stephanopoulos Challenges Ted Cruz During Heated Exchange

Virginia Kruta
    September 20, 2020

“This Week” host George Stephanopoulos interrupted Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, challenging a statement he made about former Vice President Joe Biden.

Cruz made an appearance on the Sunday morning program to discuss the passing of the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the coming fight over her replacement on the court.

“Do you have the votes now to have a — to confirm before the election?” Stephanopoulos asked.

Cruz said that he did not know that for sure, but argued that it was still very important to start the process of filling the seat left vacant by Ginsburg.

“I think it is particularly important that the Senate take it up and confirm this nomination before the election, because Joe Biden has been explicit,” Cruz replied. “He has said if he doesn’t win, he’s going to challenge this election. He’s going to go to court. He’s going to challenge it, he’s already hired a big legal team. Hillary Clinton has told Joe Biden under no circumstances should you concede. Given that, there is a serious risk of a constitutional crisis if Joe Biden is bringing litigation like we had in Bush —”

“Senator, I have to stop you,” Stephanopoulos interrupted. “As you know, President Trump has been the one talking about rigged elections. Joe Biden has not explicitly said he’s going to challenge the election.”

He went on to say that having a legal team was a standard practice for any candidate because they wanted to be able to review any possible irregularities with the process.

“George, true or false that Hillary Clinton said don’t concede?” Cruz shot back. “True or false that Hillary Clinton said don’t concede? It’s true, it’s true.”

“I was asking — you said Joe Biden explicitly said it,” Stephanopoulos clarified. “I have not challenged your statement about Hillary Clinton.”

“So you agree Hillary Clinton said don’t concede,” Cruz continued. “Joe Biden has also hired a legal team head by Supreme Court advocates —”

“As has President Trump,” Stephanopoulos interrupted again.

Cruz went on to explain that what he went through as part of former President George W. Bush’s legal team during the Bush v. Gore case in 2000 was the reason he felt so strongly about President Donald Trump and the Senate moving forward to fill Ginsburg’s seat.

“Al Gore challenged the election results and for 36 days, the country was held in chaos. Well, if Joe Biden does that again this year, and we have an 8-8 court, an equally divided court 4-4 can’t decide anything,” Cruz explained. “That could make this presidential election drag on weeks and months and well into next year. That is an intolerable situation for the country. We need a full court on Election Day given the very high likelihood that we’re going to see litigation that goes to the court. We need a court that can give a definitive answer for the country.”

Biden said at his CNN town hall last week that he would accept the results of the election, but clarified that he would accept “the full results” only if all the votes had been counted.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/20/g...ton-joe-biden/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

It’s simple. The right thing to do is give the President serving when a vacancy opens a nominee.

Doing the right thing in 2020, however, actually makes the bullshit Republicans pulled in 2016 look worse than it already did. The party is so fucked up at this point that even doing the right thing makes them look like assholes.

McConnell is putting party above country, period. Democrats will be doing the same if they pack. But there’s a not a strong distinction for me between legally only holding votes for nominees by your party, which is politicizing the Court, and legally adding justices to the court, only from your party, which is politicizing the Court.

A lot of bullshit here from both sides, but one side complaining about the other on this subject is truly some rich shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

You’re being disingenuous.

“legally adding justices to the court, only from your party”

GEEZUS

“Stacking the court” is a little more than that.

You know this.

7. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    You’re being disingenuous.

“legally adding justices to the court, only from your party”

GEEZUS

“Stacking the court” is a little more than that.

You know this.
    I think you underestimate how unsportsmanlike I find the handling of Merrick Garland by the Republican Senate. And again, I think if Democrats had done this to a Trump nominee in February of 2016 but allowed a Biden nominee in almost October of 2020, you'd have a very different opinion on how innocuous what it is McConnell did.

Either way, it is factual that it is legal what McConnell did in 2016, and just as legal for Congress to change the number of justices.

I can be against the Democrats attempting to pack the court while at the same time recognizing that the reasons they are doing it are a legitimate gripe. It's sort of like, I am against vigilante justice as a rule, but I can recognize the reasons why someone might attempt it.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Today @ 09:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Sure Turtle Face is for sale and always has been. What's particularly upsetting is this underlying idea that he and his gang have more or less given up any ambition to convince 50% of the country and win fair and square. He's going with this strategy of playing to the base, to the 35 to 40%, and then using every trick in the book to still be able to govern or influence the state of things.

However people are overestimating what the Supreme Court will do. They listen to where the country is at. For example, I don't care how many conservative judges are on it, they won't outlaw gay marriage because it enjoys overwhelming support around the country. They're not gonna go against brown vs board of education, and they won't overturn roe v. wade. They might limit it, but won't overturn it. Also I don't believe the election will be close, so they won't have to rule on who's the winner. So basically everyone should chill.
    Little Dreamer

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 11:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable350,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Sure Turtle Face is for sale and always has been. What's particularly upsetting is this underlying idea that he and his gang have more or less given up any ambition to convince 50% of the country and win fair and square. He's going with this strategy of playing to the base, to the 35 to 40%, and then using every trick in the book to still be able to govern or influence the state of things.

However people are overestimating what the Supreme Court will do. They listen to where the country is at. For example, I don't care how many conservative judges are on it, they won't outlaw gay marriage because it enjoys overwhelming support around the country. They're not gonna go against brown vs board of education, and they won't overturn roe v. wade. They might limit it, but won't overturn it. Also I don't believe the election will be close, so they won't have to rule on who's the winner. So basically everyone should chill.
    You don't believe the election will be close? Really? Wait until Sleepy Joe goes viral for the whole nation to see on 9/28 ...
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Today @ 09:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    You don't believe the election will be close? Really? Wait until Sleepy Joe goes viral for the whole nation to see on 9/28 ...
    Nope, attitudes and opinions are already baked in. There are almost zero undecided voters left, that's the big difference with 2016. In 2016, undecided broke for trump. This time, there are almost none of them.
    Little Dreamer

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 11:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable350,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Nope, attitudes and opinions are already baked in. There are almost zero undecided voters left, that's the big difference with 2016. In 2016, undecided broke for trump. This time, there are almost none of them.
    We shall see ...
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

#vhlinksmatter
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

45% Queer Men Backing Trump, Poll Finds

"Queer men have always voted reliably Democratic. Until now."

According to polling from a queer dating app, a stunning 45% of queer American men are backing President Donald Trump.

A survey conducted by international queer dating app Hornet found that 45% of about 1,200 queer American male respondents said they plan to vote for Trump this election.

Hornet outlined: “Of the 10,000 men Hornet surveyed, 12% identified themselves as U.S. citizens. Of those 1,200 American men, 51% answered they would be voting for Joe Biden in the upcoming presidential election, while 45% — just shy of one-half — said they would be casting their ballot for Donald Trump.”

“Queer,” once a derogatory term for gay men, is now largely knows as an identifier for people with sexual preferences or “identities” outside of being “cis-gender” and/or heterosexual.

“Queer men have always voted reliably Democratic. Until now,” LGBT site Pink News said Tuesday.

The site lamented the polling in a Twitter headline condemning Trump-backing queer men for abandoning their “morals.”

“Queer men to forgo their morals this November with a thumping 45 per cent vowing to back Donald Trump,” the outlet complained.

Globally, Hornet found that 66% of their respondents preferred Biden, while 34% backed Trump.

“Just less than half of queer men said they do not support Trump, and a slither of just 11 per cent said they generally disagree with his stances,” the report said. “Only 10 per cent emphatically said they do not support him ‘at all’ and would not vote for him regardless.”

The report noted, “Mapping out support for Trump, the poll found that across Hornet’s global 10,000 users, queer men on almost every continent other than Africa supported Biden more than Trump, across a spawning margin of 54 to 25 per cent.”

Taiwan and Russia were the two countries found to show queer male support in favor of Trump over Biden, Pink News noted.

Last month, former Acting Director of National Intelligence and Ambassador to Germany Ric Grenell, who is openly gay, declared in a Log Cabin Republicans video that “President Trump is the most pro-gay president in American history.”

“My name is Ric Grenell. I’m America’s first openly gay cabinet member,” Grenell said in the video, The Daily Wire reported. “As a United States senator, Joe Biden said gay people couldn’t receive security clearances because we would be a security risk. Joe must have been terrified when Donald Trump appointed me as Acting Director of National Intelligence. The fact that I’m gay didn’t even faze Donald Trump; Joe Biden certainly didn’t congratulate the appointment or even acknowledge it. But his silence was deafening.”

“President Trump has done more to advance the rights of gays and lesbians in three years than Joe Biden did in forty-plus years in Washington,” Grenell added. “For four decades, Joe Biden has attacked the LGBT community; as a U.S. senator, Biden supported ‘Don’t Ask; Don’t Tell’ and the Defense of Marriage Act. Biden voted to cut off federal funds to any school that teaches acceptance of homosexuality. Biden said again and again that he was against marriage equality.”

The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/45-qu...ump-poll-finds

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 07:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Polling from a gay data app?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

#vhlinksmatter
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Woman suspected of mailing ricin to White House arrested at U.S.-Canada border

RCMP says 'initial information ... suggests that the letter originated in Canada'

Three U.S. law enforcement officials say a woman suspected of sending an envelope containing the poison ricin, which was addressed to the White House and President Donald Trump, has been arrested at the New York-Canada border.

The officials say the woman was taken into custody by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers and is expected to face federal charges. The officials were not authorized to discuss the ongoing investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Aaron Bowker of the CBP confirmed with CBC News that the arrest took place at the Peace Bridge in Buffalo and that the individual was travelling from Canada into the U.S.

The letter had been intercepted earlier this week before it reached the White House.

An RCMP spokesperson told CBC News on Saturday that it was assisting the FBI in the investigation and that "initial information from the investigation suggests that the letter originated in Canada."

There have been several prior instances in which U.S. officials have been targeted with ricin sent through the mail.

A Navy veteran was arrested in 2018 and confessed to sending envelopes to Trump and members of his administration that contained the substance from which ricin is derived. The letters were intercepted, and no one was hurt.

In 2014, a Mississippi man was sentenced to 25 years in prison after sending letters dusted with ricin to President Barack Obama and other officials.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/white-...rder-1.5732052

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 07:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Also how stupid does daily wire think people are? "while 45% — just shy of one-half". Damn, i thought 45% was may more than one half.

#vhlinksmatter
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Polling from a gay data app?

dating.

#vhlinksmatter
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Also how stupid does daily wire think people are? "while 45% — just shy of one-half". Damn, i thought 45% was may more than one half.

I winced also at that line.