THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4691
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  9,379
Page 4691 of 4830 FirstFirst ... 369141914591464146814688468946904691469246934694470147414791 ... LastLast
Results 70,351 to 70,365 of 72442
  1. #70351
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    23,760
    Posts Per Day
    3.37
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1040
    Likes (Received)
    2566
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    I’m not sure what doesn’t make sense. There was intelligence of possible violence (which wasn’t disseminated to the police), including storming the Capitol, and lots of the people who stormed were armed, as well as people who didn’t but were outside.

    As far as hearsay, she wasn’t in the limo, like I said. But anything she heard herself, especially by party opponents, would not be hearsay. “[D]irect testimony of contemporaneous things said in Hutchinson’s earshot about events that were taking place while she was listening” is admissible in court.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #70352
    Unchained
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    58,437
    Posts Per Day
    10.01
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1829
    Likes (Received)
    4715
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834

    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Agreed, despite her having incredible access to many important people in the administration. But many other witnesses have been very credible. People are gravitating toward her testimony as if she has been the only one to testify so far.
    Sorry, but did you see the way CNN & MSNBC covered her "stunning" testimony. People watch that shit and believe 100% of it.

    (Just like me and FNC... before you can say it.)

  3. MD 5150, jimmy812 Liked This Post
  4. #70353
    Unchained
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    58,437
    Posts Per Day
    10.01
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1829
    Likes (Received)
    4715
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834

    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    This would be funny if it weren't so sad. I remember watching all of the various video footage (from all sources) from January 6th. Pitchforks? check. Noose set up to potentially hang the VP? check. A flag with a bayonet on top? check. Rioters smashing windows to enter the Capitol? check. "Patriots" bringing bear spray and other weapons into the building? check. Many police officers injured (and one killed) while doing their jobs against the so-call "Patriots"? A President who egged the rioters on and did literally nothing to stop the violence until he was forced to? check.

    I remember how in the days after J6, everyone was condemning the acts of that day, even the Repubs, as everyone thought then that acts like this could not stand. Now, those same people are saying J6 was a hoax, the riot was a "tourist visit" and all manner of behavior to try to use this to A) regain power and B) to ensure that they never lose power again once it is regained.

    p.s. I wonder if Lincoln would have had his supporters do this, or Reagan? The further than everyone acts to normalize Trump's behavior on that day, the ever more likely that it is that it will happen (and probably succeed) again in the future if Trump wins again. What's sedition between friends?!?
    Check your facts on the police officer "killed". Do you still believe the fire extinguisher bullshit?

  5. seenbad Liked This Post
  6. #70354
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    23,760
    Posts Per Day
    3.37
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1040
    Likes (Received)
    2566
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Agreed, despite her having incredible access to many important people in the administration. But many other witnesses have been very credible. People are gravitating toward her testimony as if she has been the only one to testify so far.
    The biggest thing is that she was a firsthand witness to Trump planning to be at the Capitol (which WH Counsel explicitly said not to do) and that he ordered security down to include armed people who could March to the Capitol from there. So he sent armed people to the Capitol to fight like hell and save the country knowing there was intelligence about violence and particular groups breaking into the Capitol.

    I’d be interested in knowing what Meadows, Flynn, Stone, and Giuliani talked about at their “war room” meeting the night before, especially since those guys were in communication with the groups they had intelligence would be violent or try to break in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #70355
    The Full Bug

    Join Date
    02.17.00
    Posts
    1,986
    Posts Per Day
    0.24
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 07:25 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    178
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    102

    Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    [QUOTE=jimmy812;2533719]Yeah, I wasn't so high on her testimony because of that very fact. Yes, she had substantial access to many top people and meetings in the administration, but I think they're putting too much emphasis on her testimony regarding DJT "assaulting" secret service and trying to grab the steering wheel because she wasn't present when it happened.

    I've also heard that they weren't actually in the "Beast" when that happened, but in a different, more 'normal' SUV. That would make a difference.

    I don't want her testimony to diminish what others, more credible than her IMO, have stated so far.[/QUOTE

    Whatever the automobile/vehicle the President is in at any given time is referred to as “The Beast.” Limousine or SUV....Doesn’t matter. The same goes for Air Force One when a president, any president, is in flight. If he/she needs to use another plane for whatever reason, that plane now becomes Air Force One....The term “The Beast” and “Air Force One” is code and interchangeable at any moment.
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

  8. #70356
    The Full Bug

    Join Date
    02.17.00
    Posts
    1,986
    Posts Per Day
    0.24
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 07:25 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    178
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    102

    Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    The biggest thing is that she was a firsthand witness to Trump planning to be at the Capitol (which WH Counsel explicitly said not to do) and that he ordered security down to include armed people who could March to the Capitol from there. So he sent armed people to the Capitol to fight like hell and save the country knowing there was intelligence about violence and particular groups breaking into the Capitol.

    I’d be interested in knowing what Meadows, Flynn, Stone, and Giuliani talked about at their “war room” meeting the night before, especially since those guys were in communication with the groups they had intelligence would be violent or try to break in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep...Her testimony speaks to Trump’s intent....The audience here is of course AG Garland....And we just recently saw the Jusitce Dept. begin to move to acquire evidence referenced in the hearings.

    I suspect the AG will soon tighten the grip on the henchman/women as they are in a world of hurt. Hurt that could either bankrupt them financially, ruin their careers, send them to jail, or disbar them....Flynn potentially could loose his couple hundred K a year pension....Rudy too if he ends up convicted as a felon...His NY state pension could go buy buy as per NYS law...

    So the question becomes will they cut a deal to save their own skins....This shit has RICO written all over it. Ironic for Rudy given he used the same statuette to prosecute mobsters in NY....And now he may pay for doing the bidding of the Trump mob family...
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

  9. #70357
    Hang 'Em High
    ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    18,995
    Posts Per Day
    2.76
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:58 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1479
    Likes (Received)
    2644
    Thanks (Given)
    4379
    Thanks (Received)
    6704

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    So question did she hear it from Trump himself?

    Being serious because I don't know what to believe. I thought you can't use 2nd or 3rd hand information in a court of law. I mean obviously she could have heard or misheard something. I wasn't there but if you are going to hold a hearing, shouldn't one be using a higher level of proof than I heard somebody say this and that happened? I mean can that hold up in a civil or court case let alone a congressional hearing?

    If that's the case many more politicians need to be impeached or prevented from serving iin office

  10. #70358
    Unchained
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    58,437
    Posts Per Day
    10.01
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1829
    Likes (Received)
    4715
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834

    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    So question did she hear it from Trump himself?

    Being serious because I don't know what to believe. I thought you can't use 2nd or 3rd hand information in a court of law. I mean obviously she could have heard or misheard something. I wasn't there but if you are going to hold a hearing, shouldn't one be using a higher level of proof than I heard somebody say this and that happened? I mean can that hold up in a civil or court case let alone a congressional hearing?

    If that's the case many more politicians need to be impeached or prevented from serving iin office
    No.

  11. #70359
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    23,760
    Posts Per Day
    3.37
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1040
    Likes (Received)
    2566
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    So question did she hear it from Trump himself?

    Being serious because I don't know what to believe. I thought you can't use 2nd or 3rd hand information in a court of law. I mean obviously she could have heard or misheard something. I wasn't there but if you are going to hold a hearing, shouldn't one be using a higher level of proof than I heard somebody say this and that happened? I mean can that hold up in a civil or court case let alone a congressional hearing?

    If that's the case many more politicians need to be impeached or prevented from serving iin office
    Did she hear what from Trump himself? She testified to a lot. About the limo? No. Some of what she said was hearsay.

    About dropping security, not caring if they were armed, that they aren’t there to hurt him, and they can go to the Capitol from there? Yes. She heard him say it and that is admissible.

    Here is former prosecutor Ken White’s explanation: So if a player comes up to you and says “hey coach I went to the team doctor for a bloody nose and he grabbed my genitals instead,” that's not hearsay because he's not repeating an out of court statement, it's something that person perceived. But if people came to you and said “hey coach a bunch of people are complaining that the team doctor is perving on them in the showers and doing gratuitous genital exams,” that would be hearsay, because they're talking about other people's statements. Now, say you were being sued for something -- say, some sort of grotesque dereliction of duty for failing to report or stop the serial sexual abuse of people under your care -- and a witness said “I told coach about it and he said 'I have nothing to do with this.'" That's not hearsay either, because in that case you're a party opponent and a statement of a party opponent is not hearsay. Just like first-hand witness testimony about what Trump said would be a statement of a party opponent in, say, a prosecution of Trump.

    Just about everything she testified to she heard herself.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #70360
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    MD 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.15.20
    Posts
    5,926
    Posts Per Day
    8.27
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Likes (Given)
    6187
    Likes (Received)
    2004
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterMaster PraiserRookie25,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

    Default

    Yet the mainstream media is going at it like they got Trump this time and Schiff is walking around with a big grin like he just walked out of a bath house or hotel party with Gillum.

  13. #70361
    Hang 'Em High
    jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    51
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,690
    Posts Per Day
    2.34
    Last Online

    09.30.22 @ 09:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    3690
    Likes (Received)
    3603
    Thanks (Given)
    1305
    Thanks (Received)
    657

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    [QUOTE=chain;2533727]
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't so high on her testimony because of that very fact. Yes, she had substantial access to many top people and meetings in the administration, but I think they're putting too much emphasis on her testimony regarding DJT "assaulting" secret service and trying to grab the steering wheel because she wasn't present when it happened.

    I've also heard that they weren't actually in the "Beast" when that happened, but in a different, more 'normal' SUV. That would make a difference.

    I don't want her testimony to diminish what others, more credible than her IMO, have stated so far.[/QUOTE

    Whatever the automobile/vehicle the President is in at any given time is referred to as “The Beast.” Limousine or SUV....Doesn’t matter. The same goes for Air Force One when a president, any president, is in flight. If he/she needs to use another plane for whatever reason, that plane now becomes Air Force One....The term “The Beast” and “Air Force One” is code and interchangeable at any moment.
    Hadn't heard that regarding the "Beast," I thought it was just one vehicle. The "Beast" is a Cadillac limousine ("Cadillac One").

    She said he was in that when he tried to take the steering wheel. But other reports had him in an SUV.

  14. #70362
    Hang 'Em High
    jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    51
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,690
    Posts Per Day
    2.34
    Last Online

    09.30.22 @ 09:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    3690
    Likes (Received)
    3603
    Thanks (Given)
    1305
    Thanks (Received)
    657

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Sorry, but did you see the way CNN & MSNBC covered her "stunning" testimony. People watch that shit and believe 100% of it.

    (Just like me and FNC... before you can say it.)
    I'd rather watch the actual hearings myself and not the B.S. post-coverage...from any of those partisan networks.

  15. #70363
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    23,760
    Posts Per Day
    3.37
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1040
    Likes (Received)
    2566
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    [QUOTE=jimmy812;2533746]
    Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post

    Hadn't heard that regarding the "Beast," I thought it was just one vehicle. The "Beast" is a Cadillac limousine ("Cadillac One").

    She said he was in that when he tried to take the steering wheel. But other reports had him in an SUV.
    She said the Beast but it was an SUV. Think the type of vehicle he left the hospital in to wave at his crowd.

    Or more specifically, if I remember correctly, she said someone else asked her “Did you hear what happened in the Beast?”

    This story and the Giuliani and Meadows sought pardons were the two hearsay items. Everything else she says she heard directly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. jimmy812 Liked This Post
  17. #70364
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    43
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    24,012
    Posts Per Day
    4.50
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    182
    Likes (Received)
    3560
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    I'd rather watch the actual hearings myself and not the B.S. post-coverage...from any of those partisan networks.
    I’d rather watch paint dry on both. Regardless of political affiliation. I used to watch CSPAN to go to sleep. The OJ trial was the most entertaining legal proceeding I’ve ever watched.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #70365
    The Full Bug
    KS 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.07.07
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    2,182
    Posts Per Day
    0.40
    Favorite VH Album

    1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL, As Is
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 08:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1475
    Likes (Received)
    764
    Thanks (Given)
    1889
    Thanks (Received)
    601


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Check your facts on the police officer "killed". Do you still believe the fire extinguisher bullshit?
    I know that he was repeatedly pepper sprayed and then died of a stroke the following day. I'm pretty sure he didn't die from an overabundance of hugs that day. I watched the videos that are out there of Office Sicknick. Safe to say that none of those made it to Fox News.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. President Bush And Vice President Dick Cheney To Be Arrested Upon Visiting Vermont
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03.06.08, 03:39 PM
  2. Donald Fagen
    By VanHagar4Life in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05.01.06, 07:49 AM
  3. Donald Trump fires Chewbacca!
    By Wolfie3 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.10.05, 07:13 AM
  4. Who runs this??Ray Daniels??
    By littleguitars in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10.06.01, 10:54 AM
  5. Australia mourns - Sir Donald Bradman dies, aged 92
    By Goo in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02.25.01, 10:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •