06.02.21 @ 10:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Panama View Post
    Somebody mentioned in one of the other threads that because music releases are going to shift from Tuesdays in the US to Fridays sometime this year, Amazon was showing a new release date of March 27 for the Live Album and the remasters. Then it was mentioned that for the Deluxe CD set only, the release date was now April 14 (a Tuesday).

I can confirm that Amazon is now showing April 14 for the Deluxe CD set only, but for everything else (individual CD releases, and the individual and Deluxe LP releases) it's still showing the 31st. (iTunes is still showing the 31st as well).

Regarding the Deluxe CD set, I'm wondering if Jeff has heard about a delay of the Deluxe CD box and whether VH Store orders be affected?

Sorry to be a tool and quote myself, but I really want to know if Amazon's apparent delay in the Deluxe CD box is universal and if it will therefore affect VH store pre-orders.

Also, the Store lists the drum solo title as "Me & You", whereas Amazon and iTunes list it as "Drum Struck". This is little more than a detail, but still I'm curious which one is correct.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.24.20 @ 08:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Can't wait to hear the live versions of 'I'll Wait' and Eddie's extended guitar solo !!!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Runnin' With The Devil

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

06.05.21 @ 09:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    Right on .
    I've always said that a live album w/Dave would've been perfect after the 1984 tour . Reminds me of that Ali/Frazier documentary - When We Were Kings ...
    Well if ya remember back then that's what Dave wanted to do. He often cited Pat Benatar's Live On Earth album. Let's put out a live album with two new tracks but the brothers said nah.
    Help a fellow fan out, watch my latest short film:
    https://amzn.to/2v4vZow

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

iTunes only has track times listed for 4 tunes: Panama, RWTD, Hot For Teacher and Jump. I wonder if we'll get those two songs early as well?

Little Dreamer

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:30 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

If someone could take this new CD, edit Dave's vocals out, and essentially making it an instrumental live album, I'm in!

Banned!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 03:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    Here's what I'm suggesting...Keep in mind this is all just a bad daytime soap opera I've played out in my head.

1) VH convenes to begin working on/recording a new album in early 2014. This was reported via multiple rumors.
    2) VH commits to album release w/ label.
    3) Something happens to drive an issue between the VH clan and Dave. Maybe DLR wants one last go round with Mikey (based on his then-recent interview citing Mike as one of the best high tenor voices), Ed wants to keep VH Mark 4 rolling?
    4) Dave doesn't get his way so he makes like Cartman: "Screw you guys, I'm going home." The bros and Dave stop talking.
    5) VH have to release something, so they say "Fine, screw you Dave, here's the live Tokyo album with your untouched vocals." Bootlegs from 2012 soundchecks had Ed referencing that they'd be doing tunes like As Is and LUTS if it weren't for Dave. Ed's unhappy with Dave's performance and is only tolerating him because he knows he's the only option he's got.
    6) Dave's pissed, goes dark on social media.
    7) At the Smithsonian Ed mentions wanting to record new music, but having no idea where Dave is. Effectively throwing Dave under the bus for not producing a new album.

And here we are now. Of course this is just wild speculation, things could be roses and daisies in VH land and everybody could be fine with the vocals on this disc. But to me it seems like such an odd move that there has to be some tension or strain driving it.
    This

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Wow. That is horrible.

Not sure what the hell they were thinking putting that out. "Oh, yeah, DLR sounds great, let's put this out!"

There are fifty shows at least since they have reconvened in which DLR sounds anywhere from good to great, why release a show in which he is obviously struggling?
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Bullethead
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

All
    Last Online

03.01.18 @ 09:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    I really doubt that. I'm sure Dave is ok with how he sounds. You've got to have an ego to be a frontman like he is. If he was that self-conscious he wouldn't go sing live in front of a large non-VH audience with the Foos surrounded by a bunch of other high profile guys.
    You are correct. EGO. But I think he knows that he wasn't delivering like 2007 / 08. I remember a tweet or something in 2012, by someone famous, saying Dave "there's nothing to prove". Again ... Whatever!

What hurts is that somehow this is gonna hurt VH's legacy. Some will argue that's already tarnished, but for me with ADKOT it went uphill.

Some weeks ago I was posting, no more new music, and guessing what live project they could release. Again ADKOT was a high point! Just release rarities, ADKOT Behind the Scenes / extras, MSG 2008 DVD, a Boxset, etc.

Wish this project was better planned!
    under darken skies ... we'll see the light

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.14.20 @ 09:57 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked25,000 VHL Life Points

Well, I just listened to Panama. Again, yeah, I know the flaws but I just think that's about as good as I ever hear Dave sing that song live. He's always been like that. Maybe it's a different perspective, I know VH is more of a party band than a lot of the bands I listen to but it makes me think I just hear VH differently than most. When I see a show it's to listen to music, so I guess I just know what they sound like. I'm not there just to drink til I puke, get contact highs, get in fights, and pick up skanks. I often see fans' comments on youtube saying things like "well, Dave was much better at the show I saw" or whatever. I think it's often more like "I was in the crowd screaming/singing along shitfaced drunk and checking out the tits next to me and Dave was much better. It was awesome!"

Nothing wrong with any of that. But my point is, this is what VH sounds like live and in my opinion it's what Dave has ALWAYS sounded like to varying degrees. I still hear stories from fans that saw them in 1980 or whatever and it's almost always the same. "Dude, it was so awesome to be there!", "Cool, tell me about it, what songs did they play?", "Man, I don't even know, I was so wasted I can't remember, and then there was this fight and security came and arrested people and we were hitting on these chicks with big tits all night and then we puked in the parking lot. Awesome concert!"

Well, that's just great.

So, it's a party, not a concert. That's fine. But what I'm telling you guys is that if you strip out everything but the music this is about as good as it gets. I can't believe that surprises anyone.

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for teacher
    Last Online

06.16.16 @ 05:14 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I can't stand reading the comments on the VH facebook page. All of the causual fans do nothing but talk shit. I should know better than to get into it with them.

If I have to read that the Hagar years were better because they outsold the classic years again, I will explode. Having #1 albums does not mean it sold better than the others. VHI and 1984 outsold all 4 Hagar albums combined if I remember correctly.
    "Give me somethin' to write on, man"

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.24.20 @ 08:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hide Your Sheep View Post
    Well if ya remember back then that's what Dave wanted to do. He often cited Pat Benatar's Live On Earth album. Let's put out a live album with two new tracks but the brothers said nah.
    I don't recall reading/hearing about that . Only that the band did have several recordings available IF they decided to put out a live album .
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Bullethead
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

All
    Last Online

03.01.18 @ 09:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Like many have said and it's obvious from DLR going dark to EVHs recent comments, that this isn't just some normal release. Legal, internal band problems, gave us this mediocre project. I try to believe that there was something much better being created, and ended like this.

Always drama!
    under darken skies ... we'll see the light

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.09.21 @ 12:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedOld Guard15,000 VHL Life Points

IMO, those clips are bordering on unlistenable. Instrumentally, the drums and bass are buried in the mix, and all I can hear clearly is EVH. 2012-13 Dave doesn't translate well without the visuals and raw energy of being in the room. In terms of the vocal performance, let's just say when this is subjected to critical reviews on various websites, it's not going to be pretty.

If there isn't a tour to follow, I really have no idea why the band released this. The most complimentary thing I can say is that it's better than nothing.
    ~When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.~

Hunter S. Thompson

Little Dreamer

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

01.08.20 @ 10:05 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

So, have either of the 2 songs been "official" leaked to radio stations in Buttcrack Canada yet, and played on air?

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies & Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

04.07.21 @ 05:18 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    This is really my last thought on this.

I like Wolf. I think he's talented, I think he's a great kid, and I think he has saved his father's life. I think great things about him, this has NOTHING to do with him.

I'm totally fine with him playing on all the new albums, and doing the tours. That's what VH is now. OK cool.

But to have a live album come out with ICONIC Van Halen music, music that is some of the most important rock ever recorded, and NOT have it done by the band that really did it, and in their prime makes NO sense to me. If you're going to put out an un-doctored version of live Van Halen, why this and not something from 30+ years ago? I don't want to hear Wolf singing "Runnin' With The Devil" live on an album, I want to hear Mike. I don't want to hear Dave squealing and struggling, I'd rather hear him half-ass the words and laughing through the songs. Seriously. It's a strange move, it doesn't make sense. Give Mike his share and move on and do it right. Geez.

We've said it all from every angle. To me, it doesn't make much sense to NOT release a live album from when you were at the peak of powers, destroying arenas every year.

But.... VH is in a strange predicament because all of their member drama. So on the other hand (like bsbll4 says below)... it does make perfect sense since this is current-day Van Halen and it includes Wolf. And old live release should've been released by 1984, but then there was 10+ years of drama.

My concern is more for the VH legacy. I'd say an old archive show would do a lot more to preserve their great legacy, vs. this which could hurt to a small extent. Just strange to be the "first live release w DLR" and not be when they were kings.

And album sales aren't what they used to be (especially Live CDs). I'd say 50k sales would be realistic. I'd be pretty surprised if it got to 100k

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    In an ideal world they would have done that already. They also would have never broke up in 1985, or 1995, or 96, or 98 (well that might stetching it, but you get the point), etc.

At this point, it would have looked worse to everyone if they released an old concert that doesn't represent where they are now and then went out to tour on top of it. Everyone would be calling them money grubbing whores for relying on past accomplishments and misrepresenting what they are today.

I agree that they should release that stuff some day for their legacy, but if we want the band to continue on, this concert is what we're going to get. Some might say they should hang it up then, and they could have a point, but for those that still want to see them without feeling like they are seeing a Branson-esque "Let Us Sing the Hits for You Old Bastards So You Can Remember What It's Like to Not Be an Old Bastard" type show, releasing current material--including live material--is really the most sensible option.
    Last edited by thismusicsux; 03.03.15 at 09:00 AM.