Move over, Brian Williams, Faux News host Bill O'Reilly is a fraud too... - Page 48
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  53
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38454647484950 LastLast
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 01:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

CNN Boss Chris Licht Warns Anxious Staffers Over “More Changes” After Axing Of ‘Reliable Sources’ And Exit Of Brian Stelter

By Dominic Patten, Ted Johnson

August 19, 2022

CNN’s chairman and CEO Chris Licht told anxious staffers Friday that more changes are coming to CNN, as he addressed the news of Brian Stelter’s exit following the cancellation of his Sunday show Reliable Sources.

According to sources who were present, Licht told CNN employees at Friday’s well-attended editorial meeting, “There will be moves you may not agree with or understand.” Some took that to mean they may not like some of the changes.

He added, “I want to acknowledge to everyone that this is a time of change. I know that it is unsettling.”

Licht also expressed some irritation over some media reports about CNN’s plans, characterizing them as incorrect assumptions. The exec stressed to staff that those fluid plans are only known by a few in CNN management’s inner circle.

Still, the sudden departure of longtime media reporter Stelter and the decades-running Reliable Sources has left both on-air and behind-the-scenes talent at the Warner Bros Discovery-owned cable newser worried about both the direction CNN is going and their own jobs.

Jeffrey Toobin Exits CNN After 20 Years As Legal Analyst; 2020 Scandal Tainted Emmy Winner

Warner Bros. Discovery has been in the midst of trimming costs and laying off staffers following the merger.

In a recent town hall meeting, Licht told staffers that the network will not have mandatory layoffs. He said that the brass was in the process of looking at the entire organization and examining whether resources were being deployed in the right way. That process is likely to lead to changes, Licht said.

The Reliable Sources cancellation and Stelter’s exit, however, appear to have heightened anxieties. “No one is safe or secure right now,” a CNN staffer told Deadline on Friday.

Stelter’s departure also triggered immediate speculation as to the role of John Malone, one of the largest investors in Warner Bros. Discovery.

As the merger was being examined by the Justice Department, Malone in November told CNBC that he wanted CNN to “evolve back to the kind of journalism that it started with, and actually have journalists.” Then, after Jeff Zucker’s exit from the network in February, Stelter wrote in his newsletter about Malone’s potential influence and examined it on his show. He wrote that Malone’s comments had “stoked fears that Discovery might stifle CNN journalists and steer away from calling out indecency and injustice.”

Jeff Zucker’s Ouster: The Probe, The Relationship, The Lawyer’s Letter & The Phone Call That Led To CNN CEO’s Shocking Exit

“This is coming from above,” one insider told Deadline this morning. The source added about the influential stockholder, “If this isn’t coming from John Malone directly, it sure represents his thinking with lieutenants doing his bidding.”

Pulling the plug on CNN+ mere days after the streaming entity launched and now taking out the often-critical Stelter and his show’s staff has painted Licht as the one doing the unenviable work of letting people go, at least right now. “This isn’t why Chris came to CNN, to fire people,” a well-placed corporate source noted. “He is caught between a rock and a hard place and getting squeezed.”

But that is denied by a network source, and another characterized it as conspiratorial, as CNN has been rethinking its Sunday programming and wanted a more consumer-facing show to a broader audience and not one about the media industry. Malone himself told The New York Times in an email that he had “nothing to do with” the cancellation of Reliable Sources. He also told the Times that he wants “the ‘news’ portion of CNN to be more centrist, but I am not in control or directly involved.”

Billionaire Media Maven John Malone Calls Discovery-WarnerMedia Merger “A Big Synergy Combination” With Savings Offsetting Debt

In that vein, Licht tried to paint the best face possible on Thursday’s dismissals, which also include staffers of Reliable Sources, who are being given the option of applying for their jobs elsewhere at the network. “I have known Brian since the days he was running TVNewser as a college student,” the CEO said of Stelter.” I wish him all the best on his new venture.”

What that venture will be is unknown right now. What we do know is that Stelter will be hosting the very last Reliable Sources on August 20 and likely will address his exit. “As for me, well, I have to gather mus y thoughts,” Stelter wrote on the augmented version of his widely read “Reliable Sources” newsletter last night.

Reliable Sources’ Oliver Darcy announced on social media Thursday that he would remain at CNN, a statement he reiterated in Thursday’s newsletter. To quell concerns, Licht made a point of noting Darcy’s role and future plans in today’s meeting. “Oliver Darcy will be working on a reimagined ‘Reliable Sources’ newsletter,” he told staff. “We will be expanding. We hope to relaunch in the next few weeks.”

https://deadline.com/2022/08/cnn-fir...ry-1235096292/

The new hirings will tell us what direction they're heading.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Hopefully a direction that's more in line with ratings.

Hitching your wagon to Liberalism doesn't sell. I'm glad they're realizing this. At least act like you like the middle part of America.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

The new hirings will tell us what direction they're heading.
    Fuck hiring.

They just need to cut out the deadwood. Push/Force lower paid talent to take up the slack or be gone also.

It will still be the same anti conservative woke bikini meeting spot. Just new, cheaper nobody's squawking until one loud hero possibly rises and catches on for short term massive ratings.

+ I'd make Chris Wallace do Noon and 6pm hour long newscasts plus two hours on Sunday morning... until the brand improves... or he drops dead on air.
    Last edited by Number 47; 08.19.22 at 05:14 PM.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Fuck hiring.

They just need to cut out the deadwood. Push/Force lower paid talent to take up the slack or be gone also.

It will still be the same anti conservative woke bikini meeting spot. Just new, cheaper nobody's squawking until one loud hero possibly rises and catches on for short term massive ratings.

+ I'd make Chris Wallace do Noon and 6pm hour long newscasts plus two hours on Sunday morning... until the brand improves... or he drops dead on air.
    Well they're cutting out the opinion shows so this is good in their case. Don't hire party hacks and former administration officials as hosts and guest analysts either. All cable news should do this.

We'll see.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Well they're cutting out the opinion shows so this is good in their case. Don't hire party hacks and former administration officials as hosts and guest analysts either. All cable news should do this.

We'll see.
    It will never be FNC.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

It will never be FNC.

FNC needs to drop their party hacks big time also.

7. It's Mike Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Why? It works

9. Number 47 Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Yes. Improvements are also needed there.

Bring back Dr. GorKA!

The Jim Jordan and Dr. GorKa! hour.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Why? It works
    It doesn't help to inform, it distorts. All they do is push the party line even if it sounds asinine. They're there to help push the bs.

12. It's Mike Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Yes. Improvements are also needed there.

Bring back Dr. GorKA!

The Jim Jordan and Dr. GorKa! hour.
    Gorka was good on there.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Gorka was good on there.
    Sadly, another time.

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

It doesn't help to inform, it distorts. All they do is push the party line even if it sounds asinine. They're there to help push the bs.
    Dont we do that here everyday?

16. Number 47 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Dont we do that here everyday?

not exactly

18. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Source: Once the coming shakeup at @CNN is done, don't expect John Berman, Alisyn Camerota, Jim Acosta, Brianna Keilar, Jake Tapper, John King, and Don Lemon to still be at the network OR have their current show assignments."
    — Jon Nicosia (@NewsPolitics) August 19, 2022

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/cnn-names-overhaul

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Funny you posted on this. Here’s what I saw today

Report Says Who’s Next On The CNN Chopping Block After Stelter Ouster

Greg Wilson Aug 22, 2022

The axe is expected to keep swinging at CNN, where new President Chris Licht just fired longtime “Reliable Sources” host Brian Stelter and is taking aim at the network’s moribund morning show, “New Day,” according to a report.

The firing of Stelter came with a cryptic warning as Licht seeks to pivot from far-Left, editorializing programs to a more straight news approach. The change was reportedly pushed by parent company Warner Bros. Discovery’s chief shareholder John Malone.

“I want to acknowledge that this is a time of significant change, and I know that many of you are unsettled,” Licht reportedly told staffers on an editorial staff call Friday. “There will be more changes, and you might not understand it or like it.”

RadarOnline.com reported that “New Day,” the show started by Licht’s predecessor, Jeff Zucker, is circling the drain. It will be replaced by a roundtable-type program patterned after MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” possibly hosted by Jake Tapper, according to RadarOnline. Licht has reportedly tried to hire “Morning Joe” husband-wife hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski away from the rival liberal cable news network.

“Chris comes from the same breeding ground as Zucker: morning television,” a CNN insider told RadarOnline. “He wants to establish a popular morning show that sets the agenda for the network each day. He doesn’t want to change anchors frequently. He wants strength and stability — and believes it all starts in the all-important morning timeslot.”

Zucker launched “New Day” in 2013 with hosts Chris Cuomo, Kate Bolduan, and Michaela Pereira. Blue-pilled former Fox News host Alisyn Camerota later joined the show but was replaced as well. The current lineup includes Brianna Keilar and John Berman.

The changes come after Licht told CNN staffers over the summer that he understood the network had undergone a lot of changes in a short amount of time after Jeff Zucker was terminated from his role leading the company.

“You heard me say in my first town hall that I am going to make decisions slower than some would like,” Licht said at the time. “I know this organization has been through tremendous change over the last four months, which is why I am approaching this process slowly and thoughtfully as we look at all parts of the operation. We will realign where it makes sense to best serve our people and the business.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/repor...stelter-ouster

Tapper getting a show like that isn’t a bad idea, IF he goes back to being the Jake Tapper he was on ABC News. Once he went to CNN he completely changed.

Now, hiring Mika and Joe? If you’re trying to be straight news that makes no sense
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 08.22.22 at 07:31 AM.