The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 12:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    No. In fact, there are few traffic incidents where I think chasing is what should happen.

This is why "defund the police" is such a destructive phrase to people who want change. When the murder clearance rate is 60% and certain thefts and rapes fall below a 10% clearance rate, why are we wasting police time on ticketing for an illegal turn on red?

This is one of those things where we have done it one way so long that there is resistance to a new approach because of all the inertia. But it just seems win/win to me. Police get to focus their time where policing is actually needed, and not on jaywalking stings, and people don't have to feel like they need to pucker up when an armed officer is approaching their car. Also safer for the police because those traffic stops that escalate are one of those things that gets brought up about never knowing if that tap on their window is that officer's last.
    You already know the answer to your first question.

Tickets are a silent tax and help fund budgets. Solving crimes costs money.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Listen, all I deal with or have before. Is fucking kid touchers and fucks that want to run the borders.

Police have a tough gig.

Hey all you anti cop fucks here? You ever walk into a room where a young fucking child has been swung around like a fucking bat and blood and matter is everywhere? Looks like a fucking grenade went off? Doubt it.

So now you guys are so anti police. I'm saying this. FUCK YOU and I hope we never meet. Out.
    There is a Grand Canyon of difference between thinking that police officers should be held to a higher standard and being anti-cop.

A police officer confusing a weapon with a taser should never happen.

A police officer kneeling on someone's neck until they die over a counterfeit $20 being used to buy cigarettes should never happen.

You can want this type of behavior eliminated, and also not believe in defund the police nonsense.

The latest example, pulling their weapons and pepper spraying a fucking Army Medic, IN UNIFORM, because they made a mistake on the license plate. That should never, ever, happen. And I used to say "no way", but yeah, I do now believe that if he had been a white guy, he doesn't get pepper sprayed.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 05:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Probably should watch the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watched it. Cops a little over aggressive certainly. I think the incident probably calms down if the gentleman calmly gets out of the car and they see his uniform.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

4. wombattt Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 01:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

While I believe we need some training with our cops, the biggest issue to me with a majority of these incidents is that the people who are pulled over are not cooperating with the authorities. Driving is a privilege not a right. To get a license you need to adhere to the laws on the road and the ones who police said roads. Yes they shouldn't go ahead and abuse people but on the other hand, they should get some respect when getting pulled over. You do not have the right to resist arrest when pulled over.

Yes I know some police take things too far but I do know that criminals do take things too far as well but they get absolutely zero blame here. You are on the road agreeing to the rules of the road. You have expired tags so guess what? You are going to get flagged. Oh you happen to have an outstanding warrant? Should we simply just go "ehhhh you pulled a handgun out..no threat at all to society. You are an upstanding citizen so we are going to let you go." No you would want the police to take them in.

Had that person cooperated there is no incident. Yes the police errored but had they cooperated it doesn't create the opportunity for that to happen. People need to hold our society accountable as well. The police doing stupid shit is exclusive to people not following the law. Both need to change

6. jimmy812, JUNGLE DRUMMER, MD 5150, Rokgtar Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    No. In fact, there are few traffic incidents where I think chasing is what should happen.

This is why "defund the police" is such a destructive phrase to people who want change. When the murder clearance rate is 60% and certain thefts and rapes fall below a 10% clearance rate, why are we wasting police time on ticketing for an illegal turn on red?

This is one of those things where we have done it one way so long that there is resistance to a new approach because of all the inertia. But it just seems win/win to me. Police get to focus their time where policing is actually needed, and not on jaywalking stings, and people don't have to feel like they need to pucker up when an armed officer is approaching their car. Also safer for the police because those traffic stops that escalate are one of those things that gets brought up about never knowing if that tap on their window is that officer's last.
    Absolutely this.

The whole lets stop this dude because he rode a bike on a sidewalk is THE stupidest shit a cop can do. If i was a cop i would be disgusted with myself for being so fucking bored that I felt the need to stop somebody for that or jaywalking.

My superiors would be like you don't write tickets.

"Nope.

The revenue generating aspect of "laws" does nothing to help decrease the antagonistic view between law enforcement and citizen.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

We need more Hodges and less "Pac-Mans".

9. wombattt Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Absolutely this.

The whole lets stop this dude because he rode a bike on a sidewalk is THE stupidest shit a cop can do. If i was a cop i would be disgusted with myself for being so fucking bored that I felt the need to stop somebody for that or jaywalking.

My superiors would be like you don't write tickets.

"Nope.

The revenue generating aspect of "laws" does nothing to help decrease the antagonistic view between law enforcement and citizen.
    I think this is where judgement is needed, and a lot of human beings have shitty judgement. Guy jaywalking across and an empty street is no threat to anyone, cop shouldn't waste 5 seconds on him. Maybe give him a look and point to the intersection that is 25 feet away. Guy riding his bike on an empty sidewalk, no threat to anyone. Idiot cyclist almost smashing into people on sidewalk, maybe stop the dude and tell him to get off the fucking sidewalk.

11. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    There is a Grand Canyon of difference between thinking that police officers should be held to a higher standard and being anti-cop.

A police officer confusing a weapon with a taser should never happen.

A police officer kneeling on someone's neck until they die over a counterfeit $20 being used to buy cigarettes should never happen.

You can want this type of behavior eliminated, and also not believe in defund the police nonsense.

The latest example, pulling their weapons and pepper spraying a fucking Army Medic, IN UNIFORM, because they made a mistake on the license plate. That should never, ever, happen. And I used to say "no way", but yeah, I do now believe that if he had been a white guy, he doesn't get pepper sprayed.
    The dude is in uniform.

At the very LEAST treat him with respect for serving that cop.

This shit is getting stupid now.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

It's like they're not watching the news or something or they're not seeing what is happening in the country.

14. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    It's like they're not watching the news or something or they're not seeing what is happening in the country.
    This.

How can someone be so tone deaf to not see what has happened in the country over the last year and not reign it in a bit.

16. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 07:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default George Floyd & the protesting & rioting across the USA!

There’s plenty of crazy, jackass military personnel. The uniform shouldn’t mean jack shit to a cop during a traffic stop, imo.

The soldier’s conduct and demeanour was calm and he made sure the cops could see his hands at all times. That’s what matters.

That’s when law enforcement should have de-escalated the situation, gone up to his window and asked for his license and registration which is what any sane cop would have done during a routine traffic stop for the infraction this guy committed.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

18. BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

This.

How can someone be so tone deaf to not see what has happened in the country over the last year and not reign it in a bit.
    the scary thing is that maybe they are.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Disagree a bit.

The uniform should at least made them hesitate on escalating the encounter. But it didn't. They fucking went full Gestapo.

21. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 07:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default George Floyd & the protesting & rioting across the USA!

Disagree a bit.

The uniform should at least made them hesitate on escalating the encounter. But it didn't. They fucking went full Gestapo.
    I get the logic, certainly.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    There’s plenty of crazy, jackass military personnel. The uniform shouldn’t mean jack shit to a cop during a traffic stop, imo.

The soldier’s conduct and demeanour was calm and he made sure the cops could see his hands at all times. That’s what matters.

That’s when law enforcement should have de-escalated the situation, gone up to his window and asked for his license and registration which is what any sane cop would have done during a routine traffic stop for the infraction this guy committed.

But it's a two-way street. You see flashing lights behind and you keep driving the cops first thought isn't gonna be "he's doing this so he can be in a safer well-lit area". So if you're gonna do that, then calmly get out of the car when you get to the well-lit area. End of the day though, the cops shouldn't have pepper sprayed the dude who was zero threat at the time and I shall assume that cop was canned.