The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 11:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Father of CHOP shooting victim speaks out in emotional 'Hannity' interview: 'All I know is my son is dead'

Horace Lorenzo Anderson Sr., the father of a 19-year-old black man who was shot and killed last month inside Seattle’s Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP), publicly pleaded for answers on "Hannity" Wednesday night, saying police and Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan have failed to reach out to him since his son's death.

This was tough to watch.

The infamous CHOP zone was cleared out this week after weeks of reports of violence within the area and mounting criticism of city leaders

Louis Casiano 3 hours ago

On the day he buried his 19-year-old son, who was gunned down in Seattle’s lawless ‘CHOP’ zone, Horace Lorenzo Anderson Sr. got a phone call from President Trump, who had been moved by his heart-wrenching appearance the night before on Fox News Channel’s “Hannity.”

Anderson’s son, Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr., was killed in the early hours of June 20, when shots rang out near the border of the six-block zone the city had given up for three chaotic weeks. In the emotional interview with Sean Hannity, a tearful Anderson said he hadn’t been able to get answers from the city about his son’s death, and disclosed that he had not even been contacted by Mayor Jenny Durkan.

But, the mayor, a Democrat, did reach out to Anderson later Wednesday, and a call from Trump followed later.

“We just talked to the president of the United States,” Anderson’s friend and family spokesman Andre Taylor, who took part in Wednesday’s interview, told Fox News. “How are you going to top that?”

Taylor said Trump told Anderson he saw his interview with Hannity Wednesday night and was moved by the grieving father’s grace in the face of tragedy. In what Taylor said was a seven-minute call, Trump offered his condolences and support.

“He said he watched ‘Hannity’ last night, and told Horace, ‘Your son is looking down on you and watching over you,’” Taylor recounted. “He was incredibly gracious, and it gave Horace some extra help as he buried his son.”

In the interview, Anderson described his son as good-hearted but easily influenced. He said he took some solace in knowing that he often told the boy, who he took full custody of at age 2, that he loved him. But, when he described the pain of learning through the grapevine that his son was dead, he broke down, as Taylor comforted him.

“The only way I found out was just two of his friends, just two friends that just happened to be up there, and they came and told me,” he said. “They weren’t even from Seattle. Now, mind you, I haven’t heard -- the police department, they never came.”

Compounding the father’s grief were reports that first responders who came to the CHOP zone to transport the shooting victims to the hospital encountered an angry mob that denied them entry. The pair were taken to Harborview Medical Center by self-described “CHOP medics,” and Anderson’s son was pronounced dead on arrival.

“My son needed help, and I don’t feel like they helped my son," Anderson said. “I feel like he doesn’t -- without this, he would just be nobody. He’s just -- it doesn't matter, he’s just another guy. Just another child, just swept up under the rug, and that’s it and forgotten about.”

His son’s death has left him heartbroken, Anderson told a visibly moved Hannity.

“I wake up in the morning... I look for my son in the morning,” he said. “He’s not there no more. You know what I’m saying? It’s like I go in there, I’m kissing a picture. He’s not there.”

Thursday’s phone call from Trump helped Anderson get through a day that no parent should ever face. Knowing that so many people, including the commander-in-chief, shared in his grief provided him some measure of peace and strength, Taylor said.

“It blew Horace’s mind,” he added.

The infamous CHOP zone in the city’s Capitol Hill neighborhood was forcefully cleared out Wednesday after the city’s leadership finally acted following two deadly shootings and weeks of scrutiny that a city would cede several blocks to protesters and not allow first responders to enter.

Elected leaders contended the protest was largely peaceful until reports of gun violence and videos of demonstrators threatening journalists and other visitors to the area surfaced online.

Since the zone was established, there have been four shootings, two of which were deadly -- 19-year-old Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr. and a 16-year-old who died in a separate incident.

Many businesses and people living within the occupied area also complained of violence and threats from demonstrators. Several businesses, including an auto repair shop, a tattoo parlor and a property-management company, filed lawsuits against the city Wednesday. The complaint alleged that city officials were complicit in letting the self-described anarchists occupy public streets that made them feel unsafe.

As crews cleared out the area this week, Seattle police retook a police station that officers had abandoned following clashes between law enforcement and protesters.

Many Republicans, including Trump, have excoriated local leaders amid reports of chaos and lawlessness within CHOP. Earlier this month, Trump vowed to not have a repeat of Seattle in Washington, D.C., as protests raged near the White House.

In a June 18 tweet, he called CHOP “the latest example of Liberal (Democrat) cities caving to lawlessness.”

“We’re not talking about some little place, we’re talking about Seattle,” Trump said during a June 20 rally in Tulsa, Okla., while criticizing Democrats in Seattle and Washington state. He said he had an offer to Seattle officials that “any time you want, we’ll come in” and straighten out the issues in Seattle “in an hour or less.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-c...ump-mayor-call
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    #vhlinksmatter
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Fluff!

We gonna make a martyr out of this kid?

No!

Let them know why he died under their thumb?

Yes!

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points

Yeah trump is such a non caring prick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 10:44 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 08:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

To be fair, its pretty likely the only reason why Trump did call is due to political reasons. There was an opening and he took advantage of it like he did and should. No different than the old white Democrats kneeling in their African attire.,

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    To be fair, its pretty likely the only reason why Trump did call is due to political reasons. There was an opening and he took advantage of it like he did and should. No different than the old white Democrats kneeling in their African attire.,
    A lot different. Out of 330 million he called him. That’s pretty special. He chose him. Could’ve been some honky in Wichita whose kid got killed by a car or something. Or a drive by in Chicago. Those are more than always occurring.

He called a black guy in Seattle. A Blue state. Didn’t have to. Just did it.

I think he was genuinely trying to send condolences. George Floyd and the last guy to get killed? Yeah. Tokens.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 12:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Racist slapped by officer after she gets up in his face

“You acting white when u really black.. now what u gonna do”
    At an airport? How fucking stupid can you be? They are always on heightened alert at an airport, and for good reason, and everyone knows it.

Good for him.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    I got in a pretty bad accident on a street in downtown Long Beach today. Some fuckwit neckbeard tried blowing by me on a two lane street, sideswiped me hard on my drivers side bounced across the street and t-boned two more cars going the other way. One car took out at least one other car parked on the curb. One of the drivers of the worst t-boned car was pretty fucked up and had to be ambulanced. My car was totaled and my wife and I were super lucky to walk away with not more than (in my case) bruised ribs. Dozens of pedestrian witnesses including people eating at an outside dining patio, not a single one would talk to the cops to say what happened. One asshole was yelling at the cops to leave - "we don't need you here." Fuck Long Beach.
    Holy shit! Sorry to hear about that. Glad you and the wife are ok.

Too bad that one asshole yelling at the cops wasn't ambulanced.

10. T.B. Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:

I got in a pretty bad accident on a street in downtown Long Beach today. Some fuckwit neckbeard tried blowing by me on a two lane street, sideswiped me hard on my drivers side bounced across the street and t-boned two more cars going the other way. One car took out at least one other car parked on the curb. One of the drivers of the worst t-boned car was pretty fucked up and had to be ambulanced. My car was totaled and my wife and I were super lucky to walk away with not more than (in my case) bruised ribs. Dozens of pedestrian witnesses including people eating at an outside dining patio, not a single one would talk to the cops to say what happened. One asshole was yelling at the cops to leave - "we don't need you here." Fuck Long Beach.
    Silver linings and all, glad you ok. And that you didn’t need the amberlamps.

12. T.B. Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.10.20 @ 03:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Glad you and the wife are ok. You need to go get checked out if you already haven't. Not trying to get into your bidness, but I was the passenger in a rear end collision that I think contributed to me having two pinched nerves in my neck. I told the officers at the scene that I was ok. This was around 2002. I've had like 5 epidurals since then, and was told to think about surgery in 2005. I just live with it, but my quality of life has taken a hit.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

14. T.B. Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:01 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    Glad you and the wife are ok. You need to go get checked out if you already haven't. Not trying to get into your bidness, but I was the passenger in a rear end collision that I think contributed to me having two pinched nerves in my neck. I told the officers at the scene that I was ok. This was around 2002. I've had like 5 epidurals since then, and was told to think about surgery in 2005. I just live with it, but my quality of life has taken a hit.
    My wife gave me a lot of shit after the accident and through the rest of the day to get looked at. Although I slammed first on my left side against the door when we got hit and then against my right side into the center counsel when we hit the planter and was sore on both sides at the base of my ribs, the minor aching faded away by the end of the day and there's zero bruising and I feel fine today. I was willing to have my doctor do a referral to get an x-ray of my ribs but the reply was "go to an ER and wait to get looked at." There was no way I was going to deal with that with the Covid isolation protocol considering I didn't feel whatever minor banging up I got was worth it. Plus, I remembered the ER nonsense around what happened when my wife broke her arm in late April which was a nightmare.

D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 11:30 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Let's set up an interstate blockade with our cars and stand in the road to protest racism. Yeah, great idea!
    (Warning: Graphic video)
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Let's set up an interstate blockade with our cars and stand in the road to protest racism. Yeah, great idea!
    (Warning: Graphic video)
    I don’t feel sorry for them one bit. You set up shop on an interstate, you get what comes from it.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 11:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

President Trump just honored Fallen retired officer David Dorn at the Salute To America celebration. His family is in attendance.

Well done, Mr. President .
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    President Trump just honored Fallen retired officer David Dorn at the Salute To America celebration. His family is in attendance.

Well done, Mr. President .
    Um, yeah, well done Mr. President, although you honored him a month ago. I thought we only cared about policy.