The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 10:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Colorado police arrest 3 after Civil War statue pedestal is set on fire

Colorado's governor has a message to those who are targeting monuments

Greg Norman 1 day ago

Colorado’s governor is warning protesters that “destruction and vandalism are not the answer” after three suspects were arrested in connection to a fire set to a pedestal of a toppled Civil War monument outside the State Capitol building.

The statue – which honors Colorado’s fallen Civil War soldiers -- was first knocked over by a group of demonstrators Thursday before being removed from the area, police told KUSA. Then late Saturday night, the pedestal where it once stood was set on fire – although the blaze resulted in minimal damage, Denver’s Fire Department adds.

"There is a right way and a wrong way to have an open and honest conversation about our history. Destruction and vandalism are not the answer,” Gov. Jared Polis said in a statement. “To be clear, no matter what your feelings about public art, our state respects the rule of law and there are proper legal channels for reflection, conversation, and change.”

Polis said no one has been taken into custody yet for toppling the statue, but he announced three arrests over the fire incident.

“Good news: Three suspects have been apprehended and we hope this also provides a breakthrough into other ongoing investigations regarding destruction of public property,” he added.

One of the suspects was identified as Trayvelle Walker, 22, who is being charged with second-degree arson, KUSA reported, citing Denver Police.

The statue, built in 1907, comprises of a Union cavalryman holding a rifle, with the names of those who died listed underneath. A plaque was added to it in 1999 denoting the First and Third Colorado Cavalries’ involvement in what has become known as the Sand Creek Massacre, in which both units attacked a camp of Cheyenne and Arapaho Indians, killing 150 – including women, children and the elderly, according to KDVR.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-...tue-vandalized

Good for Polis. I am surprised he took this stance, but it’s the right thing to do.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Today @ 10:45 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    It’s amazing to me the rate all these things are happening.
    Confederate statues become all statues.
    Huge corps tripping over themselves to align themselves with a movement, that to me, is more than just about BLM, but about total power and control.
    It’s absolute chaos, and we all know it is, but everyone is terrified of the lunatic mob.

I have to give them credit, the mob, for pretty much dominating every aspect of modern life in such short order.

But why are we supposedly okay with this?

Look at De Blasio in NYC.
    It’s like he literally wants the city to die.
    Every decision he makes seems like a middle finger to the progress made.

I still do not understand this anything goes mindset.
    Never thought I’d see such wreckage.
    it is incredible to watch how quickly some of these things are happening.

it's the perfect storm for this.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    NBA To Paint ‘Black Lives Matter’ On Sides Of Disney Courts, Allow Players To Put Social Justice Messages On Jerseys

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nba-t...mpaign=dwbrand
    I know they don't care, as I am only a casual fan, but I won't watch a minute of it.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I know they don't care, as I am only a casual fan, but I won't watch a minute of it.
    I don't watch it anyways, but if that happened to something I did watch it would be the end for me too. They crossed the line between politics and entertainment.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 09:56 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I just don't see the logic and its going to be very very very ugly in the future for some of these cities.

How many businesses are going to leave some of these cities because of violence or vandalism? This isn't Denmark, Norway, Japan or some other country where there is a tremendous amount of respect given to individuals. This is America. We are the spoiled brats of the world. What you have, needs to be mine. We are rude, insensitive, cruel and frankly a bunch of hooligans. That's why we get the term "Ugly American" We carry it into other countries. We show no remorse and have zero accountability.

So now you are going to have less law enforcement in the areas that require it the most? You want less crime there are a few ways to go about it. One is economic. Second is shift in culture. Third is security. So we all know that economically is going to drop. From what I see culturally we are more juvenile than ever before. Now combine that with less security and you simply have a shitstorm brewing.

When you see some corporations moving out of these urban areas, it will even get worse. How can you draw in young professionals into an area that has high crime? These developers building their gentrification condos won't be able to sell units. I guess maybe that will be one benefit to the African American community. Gentrification will be no more. Maybe that is the long play?

6. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:12 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

You can't blame these leagues though. When the vast majority of its players are black...guess who runs the show? Not you or I. Especially now. Yeah they could stop one guy here or there. Suspend this one. Overlook abuse and drugs for that one etc. But THIS...is something different. The players are in control.

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Father Of Black Teen Killed In CHOP: It’s Time To Bring In The National Guard

https://www.dailywire.com/news/fathe...mpaign=dwbrand

9. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Father Of Black Teen Killed In CHOP: It’s Time To Bring In The National Guard

https://www.dailywire.com/news/fathe...mpaign=dwbrand
    “I ain’t been sleeping. You see my eyes. I’ve been crying. I’m trying not to cry on TV,” Anderson said in the Monday press conference, according to KIRO Seattle.

“This doesn’t look like a protest to me no more,” said Anderson. “That just looks like they just took over and said we can take over whenever we want to.”

The backlash is growing and it will clap like thunder.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Chicago Police Will Deploy 1,200 Extra Officers To Control Violence Over July 4th Weekend

https://www.dailywire.com/news/chica...mpaign=dwbrand

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

TIME Magazine Says Superheroes Are Like Cops And Should Be Reexamined

...Dockterman posits that most superheroes are white and “either function as an extension of a broken U.S. justice system or as vigilantes without any checks on their powers,” then continues, “In fact, real-life police officers sometimes adopt the symbolism of these rogue anti-heroes.”

She goes on to espouse the claim of “systemic racism” within the law enforcement community of the superhero universe, which she suggests has historically featured too many white men and which does not adequately “reckon with issues of systemic racism—let alone sexism, homophobia, transphobia and other forms of bigotry embedded in the justice system or the inherent biases these superheroes might carry with them as they patrol the streets, or the universe...”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/time-...mpaign=dwbrand

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

TIME Magazine Says Superheroes Are Like Cops And Should Be Reexamined

...Dockterman posits that most superheroes are white and “either function as an extension of a broken U.S. justice system or as vigilantes without any checks on their powers,” then continues, “In fact, real-life police officers sometimes adopt the symbolism of these rogue anti-heroes.”

She goes on to espouse the claim of “systemic racism” within the law enforcement community of the superhero universe, which she suggests has historically featured too many white men and which does not adequately “reckon with issues of systemic racism—let alone sexism, homophobia, transphobia and other forms of bigotry embedded in the justice system or the inherent biases these superheroes might carry with them as they patrol the streets, or the universe...”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/time-...mpaign=dwbrand
    She must loooove Batman.

Dumb fuck

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    So is this a satisfying ending to this story?

A SWAT team destroyed a Greenwood Village family’s home. Now, a federal appeals court says police don’t have to pay for the damage.

Police were in pursuit of a shoplifting suspect. He broke into a random home and barricaded himself in it.

Over the course of two days, police deployed multiple flashbang grenades, tear gas, 40mm rounds, and eventually 2 bearcat armored vehicles and a bartering ram.

The home was unsalvageable, every window had been destroyed, as was most property on the inside, the yard was full of rubble. The house was worth $580,000 and had to be bulldozed.

The police compensated the homeowners with $5,000. (The neighbors property suffered $70,000 in damages. They received nothing.) So the the family sued. The courts ruled there was no liability as police were acting in their lawful role in pursuit of the shoplifting suspect. Appeals courts agreed.

Today, that decision stands, as SCOTUS refused to take the case. If the government takes your home, you get compensated. If they destroy it chasing a shoplifter, you’re screwed.

This is the kind of thing where, people dying in no knock raids make news. But that doesn’t mean lives aren’t greatly affected regularly in other ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Leave it to you to find a story about police blowing up someone’s house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Published 1 hour ago

St. Louis couple draw weapons on protesters headed to mayor's house: report
    A married couple brandished firearms at protesters marching through their upscale St. Louis neighborhood

A married couple brandished firearms at a group of protesters who marched through their upscale St. Louis neighborhood on Sunday night on their way to the home of Mayor Lyda Krewson.

The male homeowner stood barefoot on his Renaissance-style porch in the Central West End neighborhood while carrying a semi-automatic weapon at around 6 p.m. local time, while his wife pointed a pistol at the gathering.

FATHER OF TEEN MURDERED BY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT SAYS BLM IGNORED HIS CASE: 'I'M BLACK, WHERE'S OUR HELP?'

The couple confronted the group of about 300 protesters after they breached a gate in the neighborhood, according to a local NBC affiliate.

A video on Twitter showed the woman point the firearm at passing protesters while shouting.

A protester wearing a T-shirt that read, “Hands up, don’t shoot,” urged participants to relocate into the street in an attempt to diffuse the situation.

The protesters were en route to Mayor Krewson’s home to demand her resignation after she released names and addresses of residents who suggested defunding the police department, the report said.

The couple’s “Midwestern palazzo” home was featured in St. Louis Magazine in August 2018 after they completed a major renovation.

In the piece, they showed off their dome gilt ceiling and curved double staircase of marble leading to the second and third-floor landings.

“The glass in the windows” is from the second-floor reception hall at the 14th century Palazzo Davanzati in Florence, “and the shutters, at least the ironwork, are probably original,” the couple told the magazine.

News report

Biden would disarm them

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:12 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

That literally looks like something off a tv show. A guy in chinos and a pink golf shirt with an AR and Karen with her .380
    Last edited by rchop84; 06.30.20 at 12:21 PM.
    Dealing with it.

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 09:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)