Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:20 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Default George Floyd & the protesting & rioting across the USA!

Ever been a garbage man? How can you talk about how dangerous policing is when being a garbage man is over 3 times more likely to kill you?

Say, Track 5, ever taken a banana peel all the way to the dump? Ever picked up a worn out couch and a bent ironing board off the sidewalk? Bet not.

See how silly this is?

I think we can all agree being a cop is more dangerous than what most of us do.

But the whole “they put their life on the line” is a total exaggeration if we aren’t prepared to hold truck drivers and garbage men up as even bigger heroes for risking their lives even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 04.07.21 at 11:01 PM.

Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

I love it. Dude you ever been shot at? Some delta bravo humping trash to the bin or back of his work truck is not the same bro. And I am not calling working dudes that burly up and hump trash deltas. I'm just saying. LMFAO. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

" that's so pussy ass" Brook.

Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick split up after 2 years of fucking ....I mean dating. edwardv.

3. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    I love it. Dude you ever been shot at? Some delta bravo humping trash to the bin or back of his work truck is not the same bro. And I am not calling working dudes that burly up and hump trash deltas. I'm just saying. LMFAO. Out.
    So a job 3 times more deadly than policing isn’t worth recognizing?

I guess you’re a complete phony when it comes to respecting dangerous jobs.

Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 04.07.21 at 11:44 PM.

5. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post

I guess you’re a complete phony when it comes to respecting dangerous jobs.

So I am a phony with regards to what? Roger up some trash, which is quite dangerous. Or having some asshole etc shoot your fucking ass! I mean seriously put a god damn fucking round in your fucking head! You really need to rock some border time or some ops time with people. Lobbing trash isn't like dodging rounds or watching kids getting their head's caved in because they wont cross the river. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick split up after 2 years of fucking ....I mean dating. edwardv.

7. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 09:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Why do you hate all garbage collectors?

Your one that has plenty of anti-police posts, but I think even you understand the difference between death by accidental crushing in a garbage compactor or truck accident, even if more likely, than being fucking shot at or stabbed or attacked by another douchebag human who is hopped up on drugs, trying to steal goods, attempting to rape someone, or maybe is just a plain bad, dark hearted human being with no regard for life.

SMFH. You should try stepping out of your elitist bubble some time in your life.

9. track 5, Bad to the Bone, wombattt Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    So I am a phony with regards to what? Roger up some trash, which is quite dangerous. Or having some asshole etc shoot your fucking ass! I mean seriously put a god damn fucking round in your fucking head! You really need to rock some border time or some ops time with people. Lobbing trash isn't like dodging rounds or watching kids getting their head's caved in because they wont cross the river. Out.
    Kinda sounds like you need to run some garbage to the dump.

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Your one that has plenty of anti-police posts, but I think even you understand the difference between death by accidental crushing in a garbage compactor or truck accident, even if more likely, than being fucking shot at or stabbed or attacked by another douchebag human who is hopped up on drugs, trying to steal goods, attempting to rape someone, or maybe is just a plain bad, dark hearted human being with no regard for life.
    I replied to “it’s an incredibly dangerous job.” It’s dangerous, but not nearly as dangerous as many others.

I do wonder, though, that when it’s time to go tell the new widow, does she care if it’s an accidental crushing in a garbage compactor or being shot at by another douchebag hopped up on drugs?

Tell you what, next time we have a dead trash collector, how about you and I go to the wife and let her know how much better she has it because her husband was crushed by a compactor and not shot by a drug addict. I’m sure it’ll be smooth and cathartic. I’ll let you do the talking.

You say “anti-police.” I say “holding government accountable.” Not sure why the people who enforce the laws conservatives hate, and do so with almost no accountability, get GOP sainthood, but here we are, arguing that a much less dangerous job is worthy of praise while a much more dangerous job is lesser.

SMDH (or is it LMAO) at someone who thinks anyone who doesn’t think like him is a moron, but also elite.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 09:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

I replied to “it’s an incredibly dangerous job.” It’s dangerous, but not nearly as dangerous as many others.

I do wonder, though, that when it’s time to go tell the new widow, does she care if it’s an accidental crushing in a garbage compactor or being shot at by another douchebag hopped up on drugs?

Tell you what, next time we have a dead trash collector, how about you and I go to the wife and let her know how much better she has it because her husband was crushed by a compactor and not shot by a drug addict. I’m sure it’ll be smooth and cathartic. I’ll let you do the talking.

You say “anti-police.” I say “holding government accountable.” Not sure why the people who enforce the laws conservatives hate, and do so with almost no accountability, get GOP sainthood, but here we are, arguing that a much less dangerous job is worthy of praise while a much more dangerous job is lesser.

Like I said, step out of your privileged elitist Southern Californian lifestyle before popping off about police. And yeah, I've worked construction for 22 years, most of it in concrete and steel work and I get that is probably a "statistically more dangerous" job than police. It is still not the same fucking thing as being shot at or dealing with dangerous human beings that may want to kill you.

Using widows to tug at the heart strings to try and prove your point is just idiotic, but not surprising coming from you. Obviously there is very little comfort for anyone that has lost a loved one, regardless of how it happened. Nobody said anything about "havin ? It better", but if you're too ignorant to not see the difference that's on you.

12. track 5 Liked This Post
    Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Roger that little man. So the question still stands. You ever been shot at before? Like an actual round or two just plowing through the air. I have. Not going to lie to you hoss. And I know some people here that have had the same thing too.

But, Van Halen kicks ass. Viva Van Halen. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

14. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Today @ 12:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

ridiculous debate.

being a garbage man and being a cop (especially a cop in some of these disgusting liberal cities like Chicago) is NOT an apples to apples comparison. that it is even being discussed is absurd. you can site any study you like that shows being a garbage man is more dangerous statistically but I'm sure there are polls that say the exact opposite (there ALWAYS ARE), I just don't see why anyone would waste their time trying to debate this.

16. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 12:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

There is all sorts of dangerous jobs out there but to think that being a police officer is not a dangerous profession is a bit off IMO. How about a Firefighter? I would assume most people would think its a bit more dangerous off the top of ones head than a lot of jobs. However only 96 firefighters died last year in the United States

https://www.firefighternation.com/fi...n-detail/#gref

I work in IT and I think that its a bit more scary to be running into fires than sitting on Zoom calls every day. Now may be less dangerous with fatalities than a garbageman. Ok I get that but I still think on a whole being a firefighter or policeman is a different sort of job than 99.99% of jobs out there. Simply the stress level.

BTW I imagine that firefighters are held to a higher standard than policeman with their job. Fires are a bit more threatening than peaceful people not committing crimes. 343 policemen and women died on the job last year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

I understand there are dangerous jobs out there but some jobs are simply dangerous. Others require you to put yourself in danger. Big difference IMO I used to work on electronic gear in the Navy. I know people who have died doing maintenance while in the Navy. Big difference than being on the ground going after a target

18. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Today @ 11:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Just another day here in the City of Brotherly Love. I love my garbage men who bust their asses day in and day out but Philly's Blue are in and around gunfire on a daily basis.

Philly police officer wounded, man killed during gun battle
    Apr 7, 2021

A man was fatally wounded and a Philadelphia police officer was shot in the left foot during a traffic stop that escalated into a gun battle Wednesday evening in the city’s Logan section, police said.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...-20210407.html
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

20. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

Today @ 07:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked

Ever been a garbage man? How can you talk about how dangerous policing is when being a garbage man is over 3 times more likely to kill you?

Say, Track 5, ever taken a banana peel all the way to the dump? Ever picked up a worn out couch and a bent ironing board off the sidewalk? Bet not.

See how silly this is?

I think we can all agree being a cop is more dangerous than what most of us do.

But the whole “they put their life on the line” is a total exaggeration if we aren’t prepared to hold truck drivers and garbage men up as even bigger heroes for risking their lives even more.

One of the stupidest things I’ve ever read here.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

22. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 03:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

I get paper cuts, eye fatigue, carpal tunnel and a bad back from my job, so all of you need to get the fuck back on what the most dangerous job is.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 07:23 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

I’m not going to say that a job where you have multiple weapons and may deal with the worst of humanity isn’t dangerous. And policing does make the dangerous jobs list.

However, there’s some perspective to be had. Construction, agriculture workers, grounds maintenance, electrical linemen, grounds maintenance supervisors, construction supervisors, iron/steel workers, agricultural managers (like farmers), truck drivers, traveling salesmen, trash collectors, roofers, pilots, fishermen, loggers, are all more dangerous jobs than police. And if you take out car accidents from driving around all day (not that that is necessarily fair, because truck drivers and salesmen are on the list), cops slide down even further because it cuts the number of deaths in half.

My guess is the average person would put police much higher on the list than they are.

The thing is though, that none of those jobs require the person doing them to put themselves in a dangerous/life-threatening situation to protect somebody else.

But cops and firefighters? They put their lives on the line for other people - usually strangers. That’s their mandate, when the time comes. That’s literally their job, when the time comes.

That’s the difference. A logger isn’t mandated to jump in front of a runaway log to protect his co-worker. Now, the % of dangerous logs posing a threat might be higher than the threats cops face on a daily basis, but it’s still not the same dynamic.

Cops and firefighters aren’t viewed as heros simply because their job is dangerous. It’s because they’re the ones who have to put themselves in dangerous positions to protect/save lives.

When the time comes and you’re on a bus with a man waving his dick and knife or gun around, I’m sure you’re going to hope the bus driver called the cops.

And not the off duty logger or garbage man.

You want me on that wall. You need me on that wall....

Last edited by MF5150; 04.08.21 at 06:06 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:23 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I get paper cuts, eye fatigue, carpal tunnel and a bad back from my job, so all of you need to get the fuck back on what the most dangerous job is.
    Thank you for your service.

26. BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post