Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    (snip)
    I feel more sympathy for people who commit victimless or petty crimes that get killed or die in cop altercations.
    Isn't that a good definition of trying to pass a fake $20 bill and getting slowly and methodically killed by a cop?

I mean, once Floyd passed out and pissed himself, Chauvin had his hands in his pockets while still kneeling on Floyd like he was patiently waiting for take-out at McDonalds.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 05:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    People are going to resist arrest. Cops still need to be better.

Instead of going the social worker route, law enforcement agencies need to put more funding towards training and less towards gear and equipment.
    Or just be a little more selective in who gets a badge and a gun. I'm on the cops side in just about all of these cases. But when a cop puts his knee on a man's neck until he expires then I don't much care about any other part of the story. That's pretty evil shit.

3. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 07:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post

I mean, once Floyd passed out and pissed himself, Chauvin had his hands in his pockets while still kneeling on Floyd like he was patiently waiting for take-out at McDonalds.
    This is what got him convicted. The obvious disregard Chauvin had for Floyd's life.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Or just be a little more selective in who gets a badge and a gun.
    Absolutely.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Jesus Christ, Pelosi just can't shut up....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1384624882600796167

"Speaker Pelosi: Thank you George Floyd for sacrificing your life for justice ... Because of you and because of thousands, millions of people around the world who came out for justice, your name will always be synonymous with justice."

Yeah, Floyd thought "today is a good day to become a martyr for black lives injustice, so lemme go find a cop willing to kill me.... slowly."

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

How hard is it to just say, "We are extremely happy that justice was done today." ???

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 05:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    How hard is it to just say, "We are extremely happy that justice was done today." ???
    Or just say fucking nothing.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

9. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Who said he was innocent?

I guarantee you’ve broken the law, likely several times, mostly in ways you don’t even know you did it. That’s true of almost everyone.

I don’t think you or anyone else are any more deserving of death than anyone else because of it.

And if we’re going to dismiss death by police because someone allegedly committed a crime, then who needs due process?

I mean, on one hand you seem confident Chauvin will have this overturned on appeal, part of due process, despite allegedly committing a crime, yet on the other hand, you don’t seem worried Floyd was denied due process on account that police killed him over having allegedly committed a crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fuck yeah. I’m breaking the law right now. However, if I’m told yo get out of the car and put my hands up guess what I do? Just that.

And don’t give me the due process bullshit.

Had he done what was instructed, he’d be alive. Period. Spin it how you want.

Those are the facts.

Rationalize that and give me the numbers there anders hald.

11. MD 5150, Dave not David, wombattt Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 01:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life PointsMaster Praiser3 Months Registered

"Speaker Pelosi: Thank you George Floyd for sacrificing your life for justice ... Because of you and because of thousands, millions of people around the world who came out for justice, your name will always be synonymous with justice."

Yeah, Floyd thought "today is a good day to become a martyr for black lives injustice, so lemme go find a cop willing to kill me.... slowly."
    Democrats moto of "never let a crisis go to waste".

Big Bad Bill
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

Today @ 07:14 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingWell-Liked

The canonization of Floyd is ridiculous. A bad thing happened to him but no need to name streets after a lowlife.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:18 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Default George Floyd & the protesting & rioting across the USA!

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Fuck yeah. I’m breaking the law right now. However, if I’m told yo get out of the car and put my hands up guess what I do? Just that.

And don’t give me the due process bullshit.

Had he done what was instructed, he’d be alive. Period. Spin it how you want.

Those are the facts.

Rationalize that and give me the numbers there anders hald.

Okay, I get it now.

You said, “But let’s be real, don’t posses a fake $20 bill and guess what? You won’t be out in a position to have your trach crushed.”

I make my point, that we all break laws yet don’t deserve death, and now it’s, ‘Well he didn’t comply.’

And if he had complied, it would be “Police have a hard job and have to make tough decisions. You try doing the job.”

So I get it now. There will always be a reason none of it is on the cop, which is bizarre when they are the ones trained and the people with the guns suddenly pointed at their heads aren’t..

As far as compliance, there’s plenty of reasons why total submission isn’t a reasonable standard to adhere to in order to walk away alive when a cop confronts you, and I even agree that compliance is a good idea most of the time.

But Floyd’s death has nothing to do with compliance. He was totally subdued and pleading for his life and that’s the point we are talking about here. Total submission and pleading for his life is where he ended up. He was not resisting when he died.

Eruption

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:10 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    250 VHL Life PointsRookieWell-Liked

She is such an arrogant asshole:

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Okay, I get it now.

You said, “But let’s be real, don’t posses a fake $20 bill and guess what? You won’t be out in a position to have your trach crushed.”

I make my point, that we all break laws yet don’t deserve death, and now it’s, ‘Well he didn’t comply.’

And if he had complied, it would be “Police have a hard job and have to make tough decisions. You try doing the job.”

So I get it now. There will always be a reason none of it is on the cop, which is bizarre when they are the ones trained and the people with the guns suddenly pointed at their heads aren’t..

As far as compliance, there’s plenty of reasons why total submission isn’t a reasonable standard to adhere to in order to walk away alive when a cop confronts you, and I even agree that compliance is a good idea most of the time.

But Floyd’s death has nothing to do with compliance. He was totally subdued and pleading for his life and that’s the point we are talking about here. Total submission and pleading for his life is where he ended up. He was not resisting when he died.

Don’t you thinks cops have heard people telling them they are injured and had them get shot at or hit or stabbed? Or had a colleague go through the same thing to loose their life? Or someone in that department? Criminals are crafty and desperate. They will do anything and say anything to avoid getting pinched. So a multiple time violent felon was pleading for his life, what do you think was going through the cops head?

Do you think he woke and said “ I’m gonna go out and ice a black dude today”.

Bet he thought he was doing his job.

17. wombattt Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:18 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Default George Floyd & the protesting & rioting across the USA!

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Don’t you thinks cops have heard people telling them they are injured and had them get shot at or hit or stabbed? Or had a colleague go through the same thing to loose their life? Or someone in that department? Criminals are crafty and desperate. They will do anything and say anything to avoid getting pinched. So a multiple time violent felon was pleading for his life, what do you think was going through the cops head?

Do you think he woke and said “ I’m gonna go out and ice a black dude today”.

Bet he thought he was doing his job.

Like I said, I get it. All the excuses for the trained professional who we pay to protect and serve, zero excuses for the civilian who had a gun pointed at his head within seconds. We should come up with any possible reason as to why the guy we pay good money to train to handle these situations found it necessary to sit on a subdued man’s neck for 9 minutes yet we should also critique every single decision made by the scared shitless civilian with no training.

I do not think he woke up and decided to kill a Black dude. I have said several times now manslaughter 2 was appropriate AND being convicted of two other charges at the same time is bullshit. I do think he was beyond negligent to the human life in his hands.

If you watch that video and think the cop was justified, then you and I simply value human life differently.

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

Isn't that a good definition of trying to pass a fake $20 bill and getting slowly and methodically killed by a cop?

You do know that he once pointed a weapon at a woman and threatened to kill her, right?

Of course I wouldn't viewed using a counterfeit 20 as a sreally serious crime.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

"See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)