George Floyd & the protesting & rioting across the USA! - Page 491
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  2,271
Page 491 of 512 FirstFirst ... 391441481488489490491492493494501 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 7670
  1. #7351
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    49,744
    Posts Per Day
    8.94
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    911
    Likes (Received)
    2676
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    It's striking. Guy gets convicted on all counts and within minutes people are talking about appeals/overturn, riots, Democrats etc instead of lauding a guilty verdict of a police officer who murdered a civilian. The people who we entrust to protect us not kill us.

    Only in America.
    It's sickening. A man (no matter what you think of him) was literally murdered by a cop on video and people are upset by the conviction. Something is wrong with people.

  2. #7352
    Hang 'Em High

    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    15,452
    Posts Per Day
    3.62
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 12:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    506
    Thanks (Given)
    843
    Thanks (Received)
    2306

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    It's striking. Guy gets convicted on all counts and within minutes people are talking about appeals/overturn, riots, Democrats etc instead of lauding a guilty verdict of a police officer who murdered a civilian. The people who we entrust to protect us not kill us.

    Only in America.
    Definition of murder:

    "the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another"

    Where is proof of the premeditated part?

    Manslaughter:

    "the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.
    "the defendant was convicted of manslaughter"

    Derek fits the second category and not the first.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

    "See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

  3. #7353
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    49,744
    Posts Per Day
    8.94
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    911
    Likes (Received)
    2676
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Definition of murder:

    "the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another"

    Where is proof of the premeditated part?

    Manslaughter:

    "the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.
    "the defendant was convicted of manslaughter"

    Derek fits the second category and not the first.
    Do you really care?

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  4. #7354
    Hang 'Em High

    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    15,452
    Posts Per Day
    3.62
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 12:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    506
    Thanks (Given)
    843
    Thanks (Received)
    2306

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Do you really care?

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    No, I've been suggesting manslaughter because it's more entertaining than twiddling my thumbs.

    But, you know... Minny is a crazy state that elects the most extreme politicians they can. Cops should flee and let the state go.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

    "See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

  5. #7355
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    49,744
    Posts Per Day
    8.94
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    911
    Likes (Received)
    2676
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    No, I've been suggesting manslaughter because it's more entertaining than twiddling my thumbs.
    We all have. But if it means he rots for a few more years this way, good.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  6. #7356
    Top Of The World
    Rokgtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.14.99
    Posts
    4,187
    Posts Per Day
    0.53
    Last Online

    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    259
    Likes (Received)
    306
    Thanks (Given)
    1325
    Thanks (Received)
    1660

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

    Default

    I could never watch the video; the sight and sound of a grown man crying for his mother and his life before having his life helplessly snuffed out is just too much for me as a human being to see.

    I’m glad they convicted the motherfucker. He deserves whatever punishment he receives. But on the whole, I still believe that we need to support law enforcement. The back and forth between criminal elements and law enforcement has created an untenable situation for both sides. However, the only thing holding society together at the seams is law and order and law enforcement. Otherwise, society collapses into anarchy.

  7. CaboChris, It's Mike, jimmy812, cabomiro Liked This Post
  8. #7357
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    49,744
    Posts Per Day
    8.94
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    911
    Likes (Received)
    2676
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokgtar View Post
    I could never watch the video; the sight and sound of a grown man crying for his mother and his life before having his life helplessly snuffed out is just too much for me as a human being to see.

    I’m glad they convicted the motherfucker. He deserves whatever punishment he receives. But on the whole, I still believe that we need to support law enforcement. The back and forth between criminal elements and law enforcement has created an untenable situation for both sides. However, the only thing holding society together at the seams is law and order and law enforcement. Otherwise, society collapses into anarchy.
    Agreed. I'm very pro cop, just not pro killer cops.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by It's Mike; 04.20.21 at 04:57 PM.

  9. Rokgtar Liked This Post
  10. #7358
    Hot For Teacher

    Join Date
    03.15.03
    Location
    US of America
    Posts
    13,026
    Posts Per Day
    1.95
    Favorite VH Album

    =VH= II
    Last Online

    06.10.21 @ 08:43 PM
    Likes (Given)
    729
    Likes (Received)
    1031
    Thanks (Given)
    3055
    Thanks (Received)
    3104

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Are people upset about the verdict on the right or left, or both? I'm not paying a lot of attention to the verdict aftermath at the moment.

    Our justice system is so f'd up that there's a lot to criticize regardless, as LM was detailing earlier for example.

    Despite all that, I feel like this country did something sorta right today. Wasn't pretty. Never is. Sure as hell isn't perfect.
    The United States is a strange place in human history and the world. The American people altogether are a passionate people, for better or worse. The modern day version is pretty off the rails. I hope people don't use this day as a blunt weapon. We should heal and quit the bloodsport. I wonder if we can.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

  11. #7359
    Hang 'Em High

    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    15,452
    Posts Per Day
    3.62
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 12:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    506
    Thanks (Given)
    843
    Thanks (Received)
    2306

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokgtar View Post
    I could never watch the video; the sight and sound of a grown man crying for his mother and his life before having his life helplessly snuffed out is just too much for me as a human being to see.

    I’m glad they convicted the motherfucker. He deserves whatever punishment he receives. But on the whole, I still believe that we need to support law enforcement. The back and forth between criminal elements and law enforcement has created an untenable situation for both sides. However, the only thing holding society together at the seams is law and order and law enforcement. Otherwise, society collapses into anarchy.
    No, anarchy isn't going to happen.

    If you complain or protest and you're not a leftist... Nobody is going to care.

    I wonder if Floyd cared about the people he harmed in his life? Likely not.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

    "See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

  12. #7360
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    20,815
    Posts Per Day
    3.16
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    449
    Likes (Received)
    1140
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Seems like a lot of people are unhappy about this verdict.

    Interesting.
    Of all the cases to make this stand.

    First, this was over $20. Second, police were clearly the aggressors (guns drawn within seconds of tapping his window), and Floyd was clearly terrified.

    Then we get to a guy kneeling on another guy’s neck, through all of his pleas, for 9 minutes, which is a long, damn time, until that man died.

    If there’s was ever a clear manslaughter case or murder without the intent to kill (as these laws define it), this is it.

    At the same time, I can agree that convicting him on all those counts is indicative of a system in need of a reboot.

    But the stuff I am seeing, like “Who would want to be a cop?” well, there are better cases to make that case. Because the answer in this case is “people who make better decisions than this guy.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. It's Mike, CaboChris, MF5150, cabomiro Liked This Post
  14. #7361
    Top Of The World
    Rokgtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.14.99
    Posts
    4,187
    Posts Per Day
    0.53
    Last Online

    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    259
    Likes (Received)
    306
    Thanks (Given)
    1325
    Thanks (Received)
    1660

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    No, anarchy isn't going to happen.

    If you complain or protest and you're not a leftist... Nobody is going to care.

    I wonder if Floyd cared about the people he harmed in his life? Likely not.
    Probably not, RNB. Probably not. Regardless, I still can be horrified by what happened.

    And I’m no lefty... just someone who thinks this cop in this situation went overboard.

  15. #7362
    Hang 'Em High

    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    15,452
    Posts Per Day
    3.62
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 12:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    506
    Thanks (Given)
    843
    Thanks (Received)
    2306

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Of all the cases to make this stand.

    First, this was over $20. Second, police were clearly the aggressors (guns drawn within seconds of tapping his window), and Floyd was clearly terrified.

    Then we get to a guy kneeling on another guy’s neck, through all of his pleas, for 9 minutes, which is a long, damn time, until that man died.

    If there’s was ever a clear manslaughter case or murder without the intent to kill (as these laws define it), this is it.

    At the same time, I can agree that convicting him on all those counts is indicative of a system in need of a reboot.

    But the stuff I am seeing, like “Who would want to be a cop?” well, there are better cases to make that case. Because the answer in this case is “people who make better decisions than this guy.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bet the woman fentynal Floyd pointed a gun at was terrified also.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

    "See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

  16. #7363
    Top Of The World
    Rokgtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.14.99
    Posts
    4,187
    Posts Per Day
    0.53
    Last Online

    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    259
    Likes (Received)
    306
    Thanks (Given)
    1325
    Thanks (Received)
    1660

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I bet the woman fentynal Floyd pointed a gun at was terrified also.
    He should be alive and still in prison for that.

  17. #7364
    Light Up The Sky
    MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    32
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,554
    Posts Per Day
    3.46
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2471
    Likes (Received)
    1642
    Thanks (Given)
    1201
    Thanks (Received)
    1150

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I bet the woman fentynal Floyd pointed a gun at was terrified also.
    So, do you feel he deserved to die?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  18. #7365
    The Full Bug

    Join Date
    08.27.09
    Posts
    2,426
    Posts Per Day
    0.56
    Last Online

    06.19.21 @ 08:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    130
    Likes (Received)
    266
    Thanks (Given)
    340
    Thanks (Received)
    1315

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    I got kind of hung up on the Minneapolis police training manual where they show a man using a neck restraint—knee on the side of the neck. I guess it’s good that they finally made it illegal last summer.

    Page 16: Neck Restraint defined

    Page 25-26 photo:
    https://www.mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov...7807072020.pdf
    Last edited by LAD-1972; 04.20.21 at 05:13 PM.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07.07.15, 01:20 PM
  2. Russia Today Kicks Reporter Off For Protesting Anti Gay Laws
    By bklynboy68 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08.21.13, 03:36 PM
  3. Students Damage Univeristy Gates While Protesting the President
    By Axxman300 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12.10.07, 04:36 PM
  4. Global Islamic Rioting; Part 2
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09.22.06, 05:51 AM
  5. Floyd v. non-Floyd Tremolos
    By oldno.7 in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09.19.02, 12:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •