Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I have no idea. It really shouldn't matter.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I sat on a jury for a black on black murder. It wasn't about his race, it was about his pre-meditated guilt.
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

I don’t think anything happens. Just for the shear fact that this was so politicized. And that it was front page news for a few days nationwide. There is no way the jury has stayed objective through the whole process.

He was assumed guilty before the trial. People are tired of that shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    I don’t think anything happens. Just for the shear fact that this was so politicized. And that it was front page news for a few days nationwide. There is no way the jury has stayed objective through the whole process.

Nothing happens? He gets acquitted because people are tired of this shit?

I'll send you a $100 gift card if that's the case. Gimme your email.

Where are you getting this shit from?

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 08:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Kind of hard when the entire incident and death is on video. Thankfully it was or else he would have gotten administrative with pay.

Maybe Chauvin should have checked for a response or even a pulse....I dunno.....once or twice before the paramedics had to remind him there was a human being underneath his knee.

There are times (99.9% of them) where people must be presumed innocent until proven guilty. But when you're caught on video being a vile, piece of shit that either advertently or inadvertently caused the death of another human being.

I'm cool with objectivity being a bit skewed.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

5. CaboChris, jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Kind of hard when the entire incident and death is on video. Thankfully it was or else he would have gotten administrative with pay.

Maybe Chauvin should have checked for a response or even a pulse....I dunno.....once or twice before the paramedics had to remind him there was a human being underneath his knee.

There are times (99.9% of them) where people must be presumed innocent until proven guilty. But when you're caught on video being a vile, piece of shit that either advertently or inadvertently caused the death of another human being.

I'm cool with objectivity being a bit skewed.
    "I can't breathe.".

Take your knee off pos asshole.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Nothing happens? He gets acquitted because people are tired of this shit?

I'll send you a $100 gift card if that's the case. Gimme your email.

Where are you getting this shit from?
    Only takes one person to not agree.

The officer, for whatever reason has been vilified BEFORE his trial. Right or wrong that’s the shit people are tired of. If the court of public opinion gets you first, you’re fucked.

Put it this way Chris, I accuse you of aggravated sodomy. It gets in the paper and on the television. But you are innocent. The trial isn’t for 6 months. You mean to tell me that people aren’t going to convict you before a trial? Even if you only had a joint in your sock in 1973 on your record. Try finding an impartial jury in that state.

You’re cooked. It’s all anyone will ever attribute to you. Not what you did in your life. But what was reported in the news.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    "I can't breathe.".
    Unfortunately, there's going to be perps who say this no matter what. Regardless of whether they actually can't breathe or not. So, cops need to be careful when to let their guard up. I fully get this.

Chauvin on the other hand kept his knee on Floyd, while he was unresponsive, for what? Something like four minutes? It wasn't until the paramedics got there that anybody checked on the guy.

That shows a complete disregard for life and it's documented on video. Whether that knee directly contributed to the death of Floyd is debatable but to me, irrelevant. Chauvin's blatant disregard for Floyd's life is going to probably land him in jail.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Only takes one person to not agree.

The officer, for whatever reason has been vilified BEFORE his trial. Right or wrong that’s the shit people are tired of. If the court of public opinion gets you first, you’re fucked.

Put it this way Chris, I accuse you of aggravated sodomy. It gets in the paper and on the television. But you are innocent. The trial isn’t for 6 months. You mean to tell me that people aren’t going to convict you before a trial? Even if you only had a joint in your sock in 1973 on your record. Try finding an impartial jury in that state.

You’re cooked. It’s all anyone will ever attribute to you. Not what you did in your life. But what was reported in the news.

Fudd. You're aware there was a video of the arrest and alleged murder/manslaughter, right?

And if Chris is truly innocent, in your scenario, the evidence should acquit him. You're making it sound like every day innocent people are being put behind bars for crimes they didn't commit because of the "court of public opinion". Simply not true.

Far more people have been wrongly convicted due to the actual evidence presented at trial and the lack of solid DNA analysis in the 70's and 80's.
    Last edited by MF5150; 04.15.21 at 09:22 PM.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Crowds and crowds of people all over the US spent a lot of time chanting “Lock her up.” I’m sure they meant after due process and a fair trial.

Kidding aside, yes, it’s true this was tried in the media and it skewed towards guilty before proving anything. But so was OJ.

There’s not a whole lot of wiggle room for this officer, however. We pretty much know the story and can see how it unfolded.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

And OJ got off because of the evidence and the fact that the LAPD did a piss poor job.

But there also wasn't a video of OJ walking up to Nicole's house that night and walking out with blood dripping from his gloves.

12. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

And OJ got off because of the evidence and the fact that the LAPD did a piss poor job.

But there also wasn't a video of OJ walking up to Nicole's house that night and walking out with blood dripping from his gloves.
    Also, jury nullification.

Really just getting at the idea that, even with a media narrative, trials can surprise you.

14. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Unfortunately, there's going to be perps who say this no matter what. Regardless of whether they actually can't breathe or not. So, cops need to be careful when to let their guard up. I fully get this.

Chauvin on the other hand kept his knee on Floyd, while he was unresponsive, for what? Something like four minutes? It wasn't until the paramedics got there that anybody checked on the guy.

That shows a complete disregard for life and it's documented on video. Whether that knee directly contributed to the death of Floyd is debatable but to me, irrelevant. Chauvin's blatant disregard for Floyd's life is going to probably land him in jail.
    I agree that perps are going to use that "I can't breathe" line no matter what. Floyd was one of them--he was saying it while upright and being forced into the squad car. I'm not saying it did, but it may have hurt his chances at some mercy from Chauvin later on.

But, you're right, the 4+ mins of Floyd being completely unresponsive show the complete disregard Chauvin had for a human life. If he thought he was just restraining him before, during the 4 mins he had to know something wasn't right. But yet he still waited for paramedics--and even then they had to tell him to get up off of Floyd.

Closing arguments are Monday and then the jury deliberates.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Fudd. You're aware there was a video of the arrest and alleged murder/manslaughter, right?

And if Chris is truly innocent, in your scenario, the evidence should acquit him. You're making it sound like every day innocent people are being put behind bars for crimes they didn't commit because of the "court of public opinion". Simply not true.

Far more people have been wrongly convicted due to the actual evidence presented at trial and the lack of solid DNA analysis in the 70's and 80's.
    Point I’m making Mitch is that justice is supposed to be blind. How in the world are people supposed to remain objective when if you fart, it’s reported. Not to mention the misinformation that can come out. It’s not a perfect system. And I do get where you are coming from. However, things have gotten to a point where you are presumed guilty until innocent.

I’ve seen the tapes Mitch. I’m not disputing dudes guilt or innocence. Just stating it’s gonna be REALLY hard to find someone not swayed by the massive coverage it got.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Culpable negligence, there you go.

2nd degree manslaughter. 4 years in prison, $10,000 fine, move on with our day.
    that sounds about right.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Point I’m making Mitch is that justice is supposed to be blind. How in the world are people supposed to remain objective when if you fart, it’s reported. Not to mention the misinformation that can come out. It’s not a perfect system. And I do get where you are coming from. However, things have gotten to a point where you are presumed guilty until innocent.

I’ve seen the tapes Mitch. I’m not disputing dudes guilt or innocence. Just stating it’s gonna be REALLY hard to find someone not swayed by the massive coverage it got.

I'm with you in 99% of cases, this one falls in that 1% though.

19. MF5150 Liked This Post