Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:30 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster75,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

You have to understand the history, here. This isn't just some eminent domain project. This is a classic example of an unjust use of eminent domain. They took the land just to take it and only decades later did something with it over fear of lawsuits to take the land back.

There is controversy about whether or not it was originally racially motivated, because more land was taken from Whites than Blacks, but the long, long history of eminent domain and zoning laws includes or originated specifically to exclude Blacks, and recent paperwork was uncovered in the investigation seems to show that the area was condemned because they were Black and running a resort for Blacks.

It very much seems they took the parcels from the Whites in order to justify taking land from the Bruce family in order to shut down their Black resort. They needed more land to justify the park they never intended to build.

Regardless, they took this land to build a park that they never built or at least didn't build for 30 years and only then because the government feared they'd be sued to take the land back because they just bulldozed everything and then let it sit for 30+ years.

You could make a solid case to start returning this land to any of the heirs, but that's not a reason to not right this wrong.

2. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 08:41 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default Why It Is Hard to Fix California

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Itís the way in which is being done. A BLACK family is getting their land back.

You really canít see that this is just a photo op?

When Indians and the Japanese get their land seized in the 40ís get theirs back, Iíll change my stance.

Itís political pandering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    99% of politics are photo-ops.

That still doesnít rationalize to me how this is a bad outcome, though? Whether itís a Black, Asian, Aboriginal etc family.

I guess the assumption is that if it was a white family the Government would have told them to go, ďFuck themselvesĒ?

Then again a white family probably wouldnít have had their property taken from them at that time.

The Government gave back land to a family that owned it and had it taken away from them simply because of their race.

I fail to see the outrage here. Photo-op or not. I donít give a shit if Newsom actually cares or not.

A wrong was righted.
    Last edited by MF5150; 10.01.21 at 12:30 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

4. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    99% of politics are photo-ops.

That still doesnít rationalize to me how this is a bad outcome, though? Whether itís a Black, Asian, Aboriginal etc family.

I guess the assumption is that if it was a white family the Government would have told them to go, ďFuck themselvesĒ?

Then again a white family probably wouldnít have had their property taken from them at that time.

The Government gave back land to a family that owned it and had it taken away from them simply because of their race.

I fail to see the outrage here. Photo-op or not. I donít give a shit if Newsom actually cares or not.

A wrong was righted.
    Yes Mitch but now other groups and people will expect their land back. Itís the precedent.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 08:41 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Yes Mitch but now other groups and people will expect their land back. Itís the precedent.

Possibly.

If their family rightfully bought and paid for the land and had it taken away from them by the Government as a result of their race, they should get their land/property back.

I also donít think youíre going to see this being as big an issue as many seem to think itís going to be (much like most things people scare over in the US).

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

7. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 08:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

If the state owns the land, I have no problem with it.

The problem is how do you handle people who lost their land, but it has now changed hands multiple times in private ownership. I think it's simple (tough shit), but I worry that we will try to right every wrong in history, and that simply isn't possible.

That ALL being said, on it's own, and without knowing more about it, I think it's a great outcome.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

9. VH1986, MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster75,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

They should get it back. This use of eminent domain was completely unjust. All the heirs they can find (I think they took 25 parcels) should get their land back and the city should have to lease it from them if it is in use.

They were wronged by the government and deserve compensation.

It's one thing to take a little land from your front yard to widen a heavily used road and add safety features. It's another to take the land to build a park. And it's even another thing to pretend you're taking the land to build a park that you never build because what you're actually doing is using that as an excuse to shut down a Black-owned business that served Black folk.

11. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Letís just hope others donít start expecting to get land back. Thatís what Iím concerned with. Whomever and whatever they are. Black, green or red.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Why not? If the US government unjustly and wrongly takes your shit, you should get it back, right?

14. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Why not? If the US government unjustly and wrongly takes your shit, you should get it back, right?
    Yup. Far as anybody who isn't whitewashed by our longstanding class system, that's exactly what should happen. All lands be returned to the first peoples who step foot on them, IF we're abiding by what we tend to cherry pick when it suits us, that old chestnut of manifest destiny.

really, if we ever reach a place where land ownership is seen as the fraud that it is (how can you 'own' a piece of the planet when you only live 70 years), these conceits wouldn't be necessary. If only we could all learn to share and allocate resources equitably. It's a shame we probably won't overcome our dipshit monkey brains which insist on hoarding coconuts.

Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Red face

California's unemployment fraud reaches at least $20 billion during the Pandemic - That's B, with a Billion

https://www.kcra.com/article/edd-fra...imate/38059096

The fraud began in 2020 as stacks of envelopes started showing up in mailboxes across California and across the U.S. The addresses were correct but the names were for people who never lived there. Initially, EDD gave no estimate. In fact, during a previous legislative hearing, former director Sharon Hilliard told legislators they did not track that data.

By January, in the wake of two state audits into dysfunction inside the department, the EDD gave a first, very broad estimate. That was for $11.9 billion paid out, with a possibility it could rise as high as $30 billion.
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 08:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

It's not just California dude.

The Federal government in the past year has sent out trillions of dollars, and many times it's either gone to the wrong people, or to people who didn't qualify for it, or people who have no need of it (sending Biden checks to my sister in laws family, who live in a ten million dollar house (debt free by the way)...yeah, that kind of dumb shit).

In big government there is a bad combination of unintentional incompetence, and willful political grift.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

18. edwardv Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterWell-LikedMaster Praiser15,000 VHL Life PointsRookie

A step in the right direction?....

How do you live...I mean exist in California as a family earning less than $26,500?

Los Angeles is launching the US' biggest universal basic income pilot. The scheme will pay $1,000 a month to 3,000 families.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    A step in the right direction?....

How do you live...I mean exist in California as a family earning less than $26,500?

Los Angeles is launching the US' biggest universal basic income pilot. The scheme will pay $1,000 a month to 3,000 families.
    I donít get that either. I know itís extremely expensive to live there. 26000 is nothing.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Today @ 08:25 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

California school board president is caught on mic saying ‘fuck you’ to ‘concerned’ parent who questioned vaccines for children and masks in classrooms

Incident is latest flashpoint in an ongoing battle over the right to question school administrator

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-parent.html
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, ďTokyo Dome In Concert,Ē is available for purchase, and itís super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 08:57 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King150,000 VHL Life Points400,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

I don’t get that either. I know it’s extremely expensive to live there. 26000 is nothing.

A 3200 square foot house in my neighborhood just sold for $1,350,000.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"