Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    It has taken quite the sad turn. For someone so talented to be so screwed up is just a tragedy on top of a tragedy
    It’s definitely bizarre to say the least.

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

adkot
    Favorite VH Song

she's the woman/hbsd
    Last Online

Today @ 04:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedKnight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life Points

David Lander, actor who played Squiggy on Laverne & Shirley, dies at age 73
    Friends and fans are paying tribute to the beloved actor, who died from complications due to multiple sclerosis. Lander is best known for playing Squiggy on the popular ABC sitcom Laverne & Shirley.
    My karma just ran over your dogma

Love 'em all I says
    Let Cupid sort 'em out

https://www.facebook.com/debra.browne.3114

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 01:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Sad. Will always remember him in that role. They were both great. RIP.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

4. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

01.10.21 @ 12:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

Default Tony Hsieh’s Nitrous Oxide Use, Love of Candles May Have Contributed to Tragic Death

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    Wow! This death is unfolding like an episode on the ID channel. Supposedly he was fond of Nitrous Oxide & lighting candles...WTF?
    Former Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh’s affinity for nitrous oxide, alcohol and candles concerned those closest to him in his final days — and has led some to believe his hard-partying ways contributed to his inability to escape the fire that ultimately killed him, TheWrap has learned.

In the months leading up to his Nov. 27 death in Connecticut, Hsieh, 46, had gone on a buying spree in Park City, Utah, the posh mountain town that is home to the Sundance Film Festival and a go-to vacation spot for celebrities like Will Smith, Robert Redford and Michael Jordan.

The entrepreneur raised eyebrows there with his use of nitrous oxide and massive use of candles – a dangerous combination.

“People in Park City say Tony Hsieh was high on nitrous oxide all the time and behaved very erratically — Howard Hughes-style — with 500 candles burning in his home — creating a fire threat that the local fire department had to manage,” a person with knowledge of Hsieh’s relationships in Park City told TheWrap.

Since March, Hseih had purchased 15 Park City homes, totaling 57 bedrooms, 71.5 bathrooms and more than 68,000 square feet, according to Curbed. Throw in two vacant lots he purchased, and Hseih’s Park City investment was worth around $56 million.

Park City Fire District reps did not respond to TheWrap’s request for comment. Nitrous oxide is not flammable but can accelerate the burning process.

It’s unclear why Hsieh had spent millions on Park City real estate; one possibility is that he was looking for a new tech hub to replicate his success in revitalizing downtown Las Vegas where he’d invested hundreds of millions of dollars.

The Daily Mail on Wednesday also reported that Hsieh’s drug use worried those closest to him and had accelerated since stepping down as Zappos CEO last summer. Hsieh’s “drug of choice” was nitrous oxide, the site reported, in the form of “whippets” from whipped cream dispensers.

“His heavy alcohol and drug use was known by everyone around him,” one unnamed colleague told the Daily Mail. “Anyone that challenged him about it was cast aside.”

The colleague said many in his inner circle are now asking if Hsieh’s drug use could have played a role in his tragic death.

Early on the morning of Nov. 18, firefighters were called to a home in New London, Connecticut, and told Hsieh was trapped inside, according to the Hartford Courant. Hsieh was pulled unconscious from the home and CPR was administered before he was later taken to a local hospital. He died last Friday, nine days after the fire. Medical examiners on Monday ruled it an accident and said his death was due to injuries caused by smoke inhalation.

Still, the circumstances surrounding Hsieh’s death remain unclear. An emergency dispatcher, in audio obtained by The Daily Mail, said the fire was in a “shed that is attached to the exterior of the house,” and that a “male is barricaded inside” and unresponsive. “Everyone else is outside the house,” the dispatcher said. “They are trying to get him to open up.” Later, New London Fire Captain Brian Wright said that people at the home told firefighters Hsieh was “locked inside” a storage area and that first responders had to bust the door in to get to him.

The discrepancies have left a handful of lingering questions, including whether Hsieh was “barricaded” or “locked” inside the room. The fire, as well as Hsieh’s inability to escape it, could be tied to his drug use, the colleague said.

“The talk among his former colleagues at Zappos is that Tony was likely in the shed blacked out drunk and on drugs,” the colleague said. “He was a major alcoholic and a drug addict. He was hardcore.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...211458121.html

When the business icon died in a fire last week, questions abounded. The answers seem rooted in a Covid-period spiral, where he turned to drugs and shunned old friends.

In August, shortly after Tony Hsieh, the legendary entrepreneur behind Zappos, moved to Park City, Utah, he eagerly awaited a visitor: the singer Jewel. The longtime friends originally met the way fellow rock stars should, on Richard Branson’s Necker Island, and Hsieh, who had been buying up properties around the mountain town, was planning to spend the next week showing her around.

Soon after arriving, Jewel played a private acoustic set for around 50 residents of the community Hsieh was building there—a reprise of sorts of the city-within-a-city of artists and entrepreneurs that Hsieh had famously created in downtown Las Vegas. It should have been a magical moment, according to a person who was there, with the Grammy nominee seated in front of a fireplace and views of the Wasatch Mountains framing the performance.

“He fostered so much human connection and happiness, yet there was this void. It was difficult for him to be alone.”

But within a day, Jewel abruptly left. Shortly after, the singer sent Hsieh a letter via FedEx, since he had forsworn email and texts as part of a digital cleanse.

“I am going to be blunt,” she wrote in the letter, the content of which was shared with Forbes. “I need to tell you that I don’t think you are well and in your right mind. I think you are taking too many drugs that cause you to disassociate.”

She continued: “The people you are surrounding yourself with are either ignorant or willing to be complicit in you killing yourself.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/angelau...h=2dedc2e84f22
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 07:20 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovevh View Post
    Friends and fans are paying tribute to the beloved actor, who died from complications due to multiple sclerosis. Lander is best known for playing Squiggy on the popular ABC sitcom Laverne & Shirley.
    Have to admit I loved me some Laverne and Shirley back in the day. Jumped the shark when they moved to California but between the 3's company apartment and Laverne and Shirley's apartment I developed a life long obsession with rounded top entry doors. It seemed to me that every home in California must have those doors.

Anyway Squiggy was an iconic character played to perfection which basically meant David Landers typecast himself forever, which is shame because he must have been a great comic actor to so completely inhabit that character

RIP Mr Lander, long term illnesses suck.

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I know it was highlighted in that story but I think it is a gross simplification to chalk Tony Hsieh's death to a "covid spiral" . His alcohol addiction was long term and his party lifestyle had been questioned before. He was a big fan of Burning Man and Coachella festivals and that type of activity was unusual for a high powered CEO but apparently he thought of it as part of his creativity. His campground in Las Vegas was known as a party place and his camper in particular was where you get whatever you wanted. He had really not advanced much beyond a frat boy mentality as far as that was concerned but now had money to do as much as he wanted whenever he wanted and no one around him who had the courage or authority to put the brakes on him.

Interventions were talked about and dismissed

Everyone should have a no nonsense friend like Jewel who will call you out on your bullshit. But this is simply a case, much like Prince, or Elvis where we lose someone far too soon to their addictions because everyone saw it coming and no one felt that they were the person who could make the genius, the mythical creature, do the right thing and get help.

Sadly, he won't be the last lost this way.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 07:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley and Welcome Back Cotter will always remind me of Tuesday nights on ABC in the mid 70s. Good times.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

9. Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Today @ 02:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovevh View Post
    RIP

"I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

11. Daisy Hill, I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

Today @ 11:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

RIP David Lander

Met him about 18 years ago when my father-in-law worked for the local MS chapter. They had David come in as a guest speaker talking about his book. Very nice guy.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

13. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Today @ 02:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

rest in peace, Mr. Lander
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    RIP

That made me laugh out loud. "I treated you like a queen because you were 17, then your birthday came around and you let me go to town." How did that get past the censors? LOL
    Last edited by Daisy Hill; 12.06.20 at 09:22 AM.

16. I Coulda Hada VH, Elwood P. Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

That made me laugh out loud. "I treated you like a queen because you were 17, then your birthday came around and you let me go to town." How did that get past the censors? LOL
    "This song is Night after Night. Its about two nights in a row."

"Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

18. Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 04:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Because as a society back then we weren't as uptight or pc as we are now. You know this. We grew up with Archie Bunker and Fred Sanford.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    We grew up with Archie Bunker and Fred Sanford.
    Those Were . . The . . Days!

"Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 06:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

The 70s rocked minus the gas lines.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

22. CaboChris, Daisy Hill Liked This Post