Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Today @ 10:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King5,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points150,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Bills a solid liberal in the JFK - Clinton mold but he's not blindly loyal to the BS of the Obama and Biden era. Especially letting in people by the tens of thousands who want to slit your throat if your Jewish even non observant Jews. He knows it's a Trojan horse. He's also not hip to the woke crapola .

Sent from my TMRV065G using Tapatalk
    So Middle Eastern people are crossing the border en masse?? I thought it was Mexicans and Central Americans. That's quite a trek from the Middle East to the Rio Grande.
    Little Dreamer

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 01:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    So Middle Eastern people are crossing the border en masse?? I thought it was Mexicans and Central Americans. That's quite a trek from the Middle East to the Rio Grande.
    You’re joking, right?
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

3. edwardv Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 12:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

Some come in from Mexico but most middle east Muslims are here as refugees from the last 30 years of wars starting in Kuwait, Afghanistan,Iraq,Isis bs,same as Europe . Europe took most I believe. But they are filtering in. It would only take a small few with arms to put the electric grid in peril. Say a simultaneous attack on a few key substations.
    https://m.jpost.com/international/article-805438

Last edited by edwardv; 06.10.24 at 04:01 PM.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King5,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points150,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Some come in from Mexico but most middle east Muslims are here as refugees from the last 30 years of wars starting in Kuwait, Afghanistan,Iraq,Isis bs,same as Europe . Europe took most I believe. But they are filtering in. It would only take a small few with arms to put the electric grid in peril. Say a simultaneous attack on a few key substations.
    https://m.jpost.com/international/article-805438

Yup. There's also an increase in Chinese migrants at the southern border. I haven't seen any data about middle eastern ppl.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Little Dreamer

bat wing ball sack
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Sleep tight as your house power reboots. Reset an old clock or 2.

bat wing ball sack
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Yup. There's also an increase in Chinese migrants at the southern border. I haven't seen any data about middle eastern ppl.
    No data. lol

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 12:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...inues-to-grow/

"Recent political debates over Muslim immigration and related issues have prompted many people to ask how many Muslims actually live in the United States. But coming up with an answer is not easy, in part because the U.S. Census Bureau does not ask questions about religion, meaning there is no official government count of the U.S. Muslim population."
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

07.18.24 @ 01:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Conservatives have a majority at the European Parliement. I donno what "leftist elites" you're talking about.
    Would disagree, I think centrists hold the majority. You can't look at the EPP as one party, and even if you do, I don't think you can categorize it as a conservative party.

The EPP, S&D and Renew parties on their own hold enough seats to form a majority, but that is a centrist coalition.

Unless we are simply disagreeing on what is considered to be a conservative party vs a right wing party.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Would disagree, I think centrists hold the majority. You can't look at the EPP as one party, and even if you do, I don't think you can categorize it as a conservative party.

The EPP, S&D and Renew parties on their own hold enough seats to form a majority, but that is a centrist coalition.

Unless we are simply disagreeing on what is considered to be a conservative party vs a right wing party.
    They are traditional conservatives, like gw bush conservatives - free market ppl.

Little Dreamer

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Things got a little spicy

Bravo, signora.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

She does not like that, dude.

I only have one issue. That look was so OTT that she planned on doing that. Good publicity, I suppose.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 12:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    She does not like that, dude.

I only have one issue. That look was so OTT that she planned on doing that. Good publicity, I suppose.
    She does that a lot. Catch the facial expression she gave Biden when he was with the Pope. She gives zero fucks.

Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk

14. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    She does that a lot. Catch the facial expression she gave Biden when he was with the Pope. She gives zero fucks.

Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk
    All I saw was that he looked like he wanted to lick the Pope's forehead he got so close. Etiquette. Can you imagine him trying that shit with a Queen Elizabeth?

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

At 28, Jordan Bardella shakes up French politics: 'People across France have woken up'

One commentator says many in France 'are sick of left-wing policies'

By Simon Constable ∑Fox News
    Published June 16, 2024 10:20am

FRANCE ó Jordan Bardella is shaking things up in French politics. Heís young. Heís handsome like a male fashion model, and since 2022, heís been president of the National Rally, the new name for the National Front party founded in 1972 by controversial far-right politician Jean-Marie Le Pen. The party has moved on from its far-right roots, becoming more of a populist party under Le Pen's daughter, Marine.

"Jordan Bardella, the right-wing 28-year-old without a college degree, could be the French prime minister in a few weeks," says Thomas Corbett-Dillon, a former adviser to former U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson and adviser to other European politicians. "This is great news for the French people that have suffered relentless attacks on their culture by left-wing Macron and the millions of migrants he imported."

Bardella was born into a family of Italian immigrants and excelled in school before attending the country's top university, the Sorbonne. However, he dropped out before earning a degree to pursue a career in politics. His parents divorced at an early age, and he was largely brought up by his mother in a working-class neighborhood in the Paris suburbs.

The reason Bardella has a chance at being the next French prime minister is due to the country's electorate swing to the populist right in the European Union elections at the beginning of the month. France led the way with the National Rally snagging 31.5% of the votes, making it the most popular French political block in the election.

That led President Emmanuel Macron to call a snap parliamentary election for the end of the month.

"[Macron] called an urgent election to try and surprise the National Rally party before they were ready," Corbett-Dillon says. "The people across France have woken up and are sick of the left-wing policies."

Still, there are other changes that might seem to make Bardella and National Rally more popular to the French. Specifically, Bardella and Marine Le Pen, daughter of Jean-Marie, have a different way of doing things compared to Marineís father, says French-born Veronique de Rugy, a senior research fellow at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University in Virginia.

"Jean-Marieís demeanor was not fitting in with the French elite," de Rugy says. "When I see Marine and Jordan, they fit very well."

In addition, neither Bardella nor Madame Le Pen push antisemitic rhetoric as did Mr. Le Pen.

"They are not Jean-Marie," de Rugy says. She also notes the usual "far right" description of the National Rally isnít quite accurate. Yes, the party does have an anti-immigrant and protectionist stance on imported goods, which are both far right, she says. But on domestic issues, the party is quite different.

"These guys are more inclined to big government programs," she says. Such things include the hefty cost of state-funded pensions and other social safety nets.

Another thing drawing voters to the National Rally is the high unemployment of young people between 15 and 24. Recent data shows that the so-called youth unemployment rate was running at 17.8%, according to data from April. Thatís up from 16.8% at the beginning of last year.

That high youth unemployment rate may be due to a lack of education or skills, says Ivo Pezzuto, a Paris-based professor of global economics and competitiveness at the ISM Business School.

"There are a lot of jobs but only for the people with the new skills," Pezzuto says. "Those most likely to get jobs would include people with digital know-how."

However, Bardella and the National Rally face some huge challenges. First, winning a majority in the French parliament isnít the most likely outcome, says Mujtaba Rahman, Eurasia Groupís managing director for Europe. Instead, he says the likelihood of a victory is "non-negligible" with a 30% chance of the National Rally winning a majority of the parliamentary seats.

If Bardella beats the odds and gets a parliamentary majority, it still wonít be easy to pursue new policy programs, Rahman says. Part of that block will likely be President Macron, who some say leans a tad to the left. That means there will likely be a clash of policy goals between the president and the prime minister.

"Never have we had a co-habitation of such big ideological differences," Rahman says.

Thereís also the potential for problems with government spending. Notably, as a European Union member, France is obliged to stick to limits on how much of a fiscal deficit it runs as a percentage of GDP. The issue that Rahman sees popping up is Macron trying to constrain spending by Bardella.

"Itís not clear [Macron would] be able to do that," Rahman says. "I think there would be a period of experimentation and uncertainty resulting in the constitution being tested."

The result could put Franceís finances in the spotlight, and that may already be beginning.

Investors have shown their concerns over the past few days since Macron called the snap vote. The Paris CAC index (roughly the French equivalent of the Dow Jones index) had subsequently dropped 4% last week. And its finances are stretched. The country had a debt of 111% of its GDP at the end of last year.

And the same year, its deficit rose to 5.5% of GDP. The EU requires member states to run deficits no higher than 3%.

"The new government will have a severe fiscal constraint," says Marc Chandler, chief market strategist at currency specialist Bannockburn Global Forex. In other words, whoever gets a majority in the French parliament, there wonít be much wiggle room.

Chandler also sees an increased risk of France leaving the EU.

"Itís a tail risk, but the tail has gotten a bit bigger," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/28-jor...-have-woken-up

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

07.18.24 @ 01:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/30/europ...ntl/index.html

Lessons learned for any political party/movement in power.

Get shit done, or you will be replaced.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

18. It's Mike, tphitman Liked This Post