The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 07:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Downton Abbey

Yeah, I know, real late to the party. My wife loves this British shit, so off we go.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

2. Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 09:22 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Downton Abbey

Yeah, I know, real late to the party. My wife loves this British shit, so off we go.
    Sign up for the free trial of Britbox The Up Stairs Down Stairs series is there in it's entirety ...and watch Mum. . Mum is wonderful. It's a dramedy about a middle aged widow and her husbands dearest friend who has carried a torch for her pretty much his whole life. It's funny and sweet and doesn't take the obvious routes. And like most of these British shows features a few absolute asshole characters. and the Bletchely Circle about women who were code breakers during the war and Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren Holy cow that was good. All the Doctor Who is on there too

On Acorn watch Count Arthur Strong. A writer contacts his deceased father's old Comedy partner when he is hired to write a book about him. Funny and of course Doc Martin which includes the latest season And Brokenwood which I think is from New Zealand and Foyles War!!!! OMG you would LOVE Foyles War. and they have so many history shows including Wartime Farm where people live and work on a Farm in the conditions they would have during the war And Bone Detectives. My GOD it seems like they cant excavate for a parking lot with out digging up an ancient graveyard in that country And of course they have to do archeological investigations

Which brings me to what is one of my all time favorite shows Detectorists

Oh and Raised by Wolves is hysterical about an unconventional Mom living with her Dad and her unconventional daughters

and The Rebel where an old guy gets out there and makes the most of the life he has left

And mysteries, No one does those like the British. However if you watch these shows it makes it seem like the most dangerous place in the world to live is a small quaint English country village.

As you can see....I also love that British shit

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Whatever Brett says.
    Favorite VH Song

None. Because I hate VH.
    Last Online

Today @ 09:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

They're not on TV, but I'm watching these beautiful clips of the yesteryear of comedy on television.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

So I'm watching Queen's Gambit....which is amazing and I realize in episode 5 that the chest master Guy named Ben looks familiar and then it strikes me during the speed chess scene that HE IS THE KID FROM LOVE ACTUALLY

Oh my God, I am old

6. I Coulda Hada VH, Little Dreamer Liked This Post
    Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:08 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

The Sister (Mini-series) Hulu

sister.PNG

Not bad... only four episodes so I banged it out in one night.

An ookey murder mystery like tale with supernatural leanings that don't really hit home.

The way that the one sister had pictures of her dead sister on every wall and in every room of the house was the creepiest that it got for me, and that was unintentional.

The English guy with the big ears and has been in everything under the sun on UK TV is very good as the guild ridden husband and co conspirator.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (TV series 1981) Hulu

hgg.PNG

This six episode series from 1981 is playing on Hulu. It's a lot of fun and just what PBS used to be known for back in the day.

Marvin the Paranoid Android steals the show. Comedic gold.

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:19 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Just started Utopia. Wow - great show. BRUTAL and dark in many aspects. A bit of a mind romp as well....it's like if Nostradamas made a comic book TV show. It's on Amazon Prime. only 8 episodes.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

10. Number 47 Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

Today @ 07:44 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked

I stumbled across Vice channel’s 3 episode investigation of Q-Anon...compelling and disturbing.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

12. Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by wombattt View Post
    I stumbled across Vice channelís 3 episode investigation of Q-Anon...compelling and disturbing.
    That's what they want you to think.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 07:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Downton Abbey

To my surprise, I am liking it.

I hate snooty people, so there are quite a few people on this show that I want to beat with a stick. But the characters are so well done, and the acting is superb, it just sucks you in.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

15. Daisy Hill, Little Dreamer Liked This Post
    Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

DA is really good. I watched S 1-4 a few years ago but never got to S5 or the movie.

I'd need to do a major recap of all the characters and events first.

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

this is usually the beginning of pilot season for the networks although with streaming and series going on air in the spring and summer, they seem to be doing pilots year round. but this is the big season to develop new shows for the fall

And of course reboots are in the mix

Wonder Years is getting a reboot only this time it is set in the South and features a black family. Lee Daniels will produce and Fred Savage will direct and executive produce

Of course we have heard that Sex and the City is coming back with out one of its leads, which as a fan of the show, I can say is OK The Samantha character who was so resistant to change would not play all that well today. Kim Catrall still looks good but I don't know if I want to see a 65 year old whoring it up.

And Kate and Allie is being rebooted. I didn't think that show had the cult status that seems to be needed to do a reboot but I have to admit about a month ago I was searching the streaming services for it. But it has "put pilot" status which means it will either hit the air, or a substantial penalty will be paid by the network

And Showtime is doing an American Gigolo series. I think that movie was horrible and only did well because of Gere

These also come on the heels of news of a Night Court reboot and a Zorro reboot.

Sounds like what I will be watching in the future is what I watched in the past. wait...wasn't that the original premise of the TVLand network?

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (TV series 1981) Hulu

hgg.PNG

This six episode series from 1981 is playing on Hulu. It's a lot of fun and just what PBS used to be known for back in the day.

Marvin the Paranoid Android steals the show. Comedic gold.
    Have you ever watched Red Dwarf

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 12:51 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    this is usually the beginning of pilot season for the networks although with streaming and series going on air in the spring and summer, they seem to be doing pilots year round. but this is the big season to develop new shows for the fall

Wonder Years is getting a reboot only this time it is set in the South and features a black family. Lee Daniels will produce and Fred Savage will direct and executive produce

Of course we have heard that Sex and the City is coming back with out one of its leads, which as a fan of the show, I can say is OK The Samantha character who was so resistant to change would not play all that well today. Kim Catrall still looks good but I don't know if I want to see a 65 year old whoring it up.

And Kate and Allie is being rebooted. I didn't think that show had the cult status that seems to be needed to do a reboot but I have to admit about a month ago I was searching the streaming services for it. But it has "put pilot" status which means it will either hit the air, or a substantial penalty will be paid by the network

And Showtime is doing an American Gigolo series. I think that movie was horrible and only did well because of Gere

These also come on the heels of news of a Night Court reboot and a Zorro reboot.

Sounds like what I will be watching in the future is what I watched in the past. wait...wasn't that the original premise of the TVLand network?
    I would still love to see a reboot of Moonlighting. Freaks and Geeks would be good, also.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

Don’t forget “The Equaliser” with Queen Latifah

Not sure if I can think of a series that I want to see rebooted. Maybe in premise, but with new characters. Always bugged me that “Hawaii Five-0” had the same characters. Couldn’t Alex O’Laughlin have played a descendant of Steve McGarrett and had a new task force? And then they started interacting with characters from the original series...well, at least one (Ed Asner’s character)
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

21. Daisy Hill Liked This Post