Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:20 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Did you watch the German or English dub version?
    I can't answer for DD for obvious reasons.

IMO the show is about 100 times better if you watch it with English subtitles. I watched a few episodes of dub and it was terrible. The German actors are far better conveying their lines than the piss poor English speaking people used.

When Season 3 starts you almost need to read a recap of what you watched because if like me you are going "WTF happened?

2. jimmy812, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked25,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post

IMO the show is about 100 times better if you watch it with English subtitles. I watched a few episodes of dub and it was terrible. The German actors are far better conveying their lines than the piss poor English speaking people used.

When Season 3 starts you almost need to read a recap of what you watched because if like me you are going "WTF happened?
    Agreed about the English subtitles--I'll always prefer that to a dubbed in voice.

Yeah, I thought I had a handle on things through the first 2 seasons...but season 3 came along and said 'hold my beer.'

I may have to re-watch it again with google's help. lol

Atomic Punk
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King250,000 VHL Life Points200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Season 12 of Curb Your Enthusiasm is here

5. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    bat wing ball sack
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:03 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Dude, it came back like two weeks ago. I've decided to let a few episodes build up before watching more after watching the season premiere. Had to watch the last episode from last season too to recall the plot.

7. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    bat wing ball sack
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post

Yeah, I remember you saying the English dub version sucked. There's a Spanish series on Netflix called Elite and the English dub is horrible. The characters all sound like cartoons, but it just got progressively stupider with each season and lost all it's decent characters... so I gave up on it.

I find German with English subtitles easier to concentrate on for some reason, also. I started Dark a few years ago but it got lost in the shuffle. Need to restart it again I guess... sounds good.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Did you watch the German or English dub version?
    Watching it in German. Trying to work on my German, because it really sucks.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

10. Number 47 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:

Yeah, I remember you saying the English dub version sucked. There's a Spanish series on Netflix called Elite and the English dub is horrible. The characters all sound like cartoons, but it just got progressively stupider with each season and lost all it's decent characters... so I gave up on it.

I find German with English subtitles easier to concentrate on for some reason, also. I started Dark a few years ago but it got lost in the shuffle. Need to restart it again I guess... sounds good.
    I might have already said this, if I did apologies, but this is my third time on it, but once I got about episode six or seven, I was hooked. I had no idea what the F was going on at first.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:20 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

If you like Dark , Netflix have a show same creators made 1 or 2 years ago. 1899 Unfortunately Netflix canned it due to costs. Headfuck show as well. Not as good as Dark but I thought it was cool.

I think that show requires captions turned on but for other reasons. Another similar show it seems is Outer Range on Prime

bat wing ball sack
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Seinfeld

Had the last 3 seasons on all last weekend. The finale was depressing but that show still makes me laugh. So many popular bits just from those seasons. Not a situation comedy... more observational sketch.

Loki S1

I like this show. Hiddleston gets to go deep. + there's a cool alligator.

S2 E1 was too much to take... blew my mind out. Take a break. Cool concept and gadgets.
    Last edited by Number 47; 02.21.24 at 01:37 PM.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Well, I was in the third season of Dark, and my lovely wife finally says, after I asked about a gazillion times "do you want to watch this?", finally came around and said "hey, that looks interesting, can you start over?"

So, I am in Season 1.

That being said, watching it a 2nd time, holy smokes, I am picking up so much more.

15. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    bat wing ball sack
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Loki S2 was messed up, too much. Lot of cool stuff but disappointing. I would have killed Sylvie.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

Lonesome Dove on Grit.

I'm done for the day. Greatest Western of all time.

18. Number 47 Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

04.19.24 @ 05:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

The Wendy Williams documentary that aired on Lifetime on Saturday and Sunday was an eye opener. It is very poorly done however. If you want to see what early onset dementia does particularly the type that Bruce Willis and she both have, they have captured it, for sure but you don't need 2 plus hours of humiliating the woman to do that. She is in a sad state

The documentary is very repetitive, at some times exploitive and offers no solutions to the problem that the family maintains is the root of her issues and that is the conservatorship that she has been put under by the courts. A lot of fingers are pointed at Wells Fargo who first froze her accounts when they suspected fraud or undo influence, as they are obliged by law to do, and the court system who assigned a professional guardian instead of a family member. Nothing was disclosed as to why the courts thought this was the best option, although a nephew, in speaking about Wendy's support of her son, let it drop that his Postmates bill for the year was $100,000 but said that was nothing compared to the over $100,000 birthday party he had. The son is oblivious. Wendy has spoiled him this way all his life so he thinks it is normal. No malice or fraud in taking this kind of money, he just doesn't know any different. But he does know she is impaired by alcoholism and while he has tried to help in that regard, he seems to be taking a hands off approach to dealing with his mothers issues.

You could play a drinking game and get very very inebriated by taking a shot everytime someone says that Wendy would be better served by having a family member as her guardian. But for someone diagnosed with alcoholic dementia, i guess that would be in poor taste. And no one says anything about what they are doing to help her or how they propose she be cared for. No talk about assisted living or specific programs or therapies to help her, no talk about how to set up her finances in such a way as she can be cared for for the remainder of her life, which could be a long time. They just kind of leave her to her manager and PR person and then bitch about them getting paid. No one says 'I'll leave Florida and come to New York to live with her and get this straight. They go on with their lives and visit her from time to time.

It doesn't seem apparent that anyone around her is really intentionally exploiting her. Her manager who seems to be with her about 24 hours a day, tries to keep her in line and away from alcohol and seems genuinely puzzled by the changes in her personality while he tries to get her healthy, sending her to a "wellness center" and getting her to various doctor appointments' He says he doesn't want her to work until she is healthy enough, so if she can't work, why does she need a manager? Well, it's because everyone else is doing their thing in Florida and someone needs to be there.

Her "publicist" who came into the picture as a crisis PR expert after Wells Fargo froze her accounts really just seems oblivious to how badly Wendy is doing. She even went behind the back of the manager, and scheduled a meeting with NBC at Wendy''s request and took her to California for a meeting which was a disaster. I think she finally became aware of the depth of Wendy's impairment on this trip because she was stunned when one of Wendy's goals at the meeting with executives was to show them her feet, mishappened and scarred from lymphodema to demonstrate to them how strong she is. Can you imagine? And when the PR person asked Wendy if she wanted to go to the Oscars that weekend and Wendy responded "What's Oscars?" then, when told what they were told her that she wanted to go dressed just as she was in a bright pink Gucci t shirt, black leather short shorts, tights and huge fur boots. the look on the PR person's face was telling. She finally got it.

There is always a purpose to a documentary. To memorialize a story, preserve it for history, inform about an issue, expose corruption or abuse but I'm not sure what the purpose of this one is other than make money. Or maybe for the family to place blame on others, when they obviously knew there was something wrong for years and years before Wells Fargo stepped in.

I couldn't finish it once I got to the point where I realized the pointlessness of the thing.

20. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    bat wing ball sack
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Curb Your Enthusiasm

This needs to be the last season. It's getting really tired. Jeff acts like a zombie and even Suzie has lost any biting appeal as the constant bitch.

Really disappointed that they worked so hard with the lawn jockey just to make a really bad Giuliani joke that is about 2 or 3 years removed from current headlines.

They still have some moments but I thinks it time to call it quits.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked25,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Curb Your Enthusiasm

This needs to be the last season. It's getting really tired. Jeff acts like a zombie and even Suzie has lost any biting appeal as the constant bitch.

Really disappointed that they worked so hard with the lawn jockey just to make a really bad Giuliani joke that is about 2 or 3 years removed from current headlines.

They still have some moments but I thinks it time to call it quits.
    Agreed. It still has some moments, but that's not enough for an entire season. I'll see it through, but it's been underwhelming.