Deep Purple - Page 8
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  8
Save
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Results 106 to 120 of 120

Thread: Deep Purple

  1. #106
    #vhlinksmatter
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    45,608
    Posts Per Day
    9.02
    Last Online

    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    166
    Likes (Received)
    773
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Wake View Post
    I loved Purpendicular. Wasn't a huge fan of it's follow up (was it Abandoned?) and kind of lost track of them since. I should go down the rabbit hole on Youtube now that I have all this free time on my hands
    A•BAND•ON

    Abandon, really?

    Purpendicular is this version of the bands finest, but Abandon was a great follow up. They did lose me a bit on Bananas and the one after, but I still have them all and break them all out once or twice a year when a DP mood hits.

  2. #107
    carpe damn diem
    billy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.19.00
    Age
    56
    Location
    socially distant
    Posts
    31,462
    Posts Per Day
    4.24
    Favorite VH Song

    "Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    101
    Likes (Received)
    161
    Thanks (Given)
    1531
    Thanks (Received)
    2473


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    Whoosh! release pushed to August 7th
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

  3. #108
    Hot For Teacher
    Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    10,199
    Posts Per Day
    1.51
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    08.06.20 @ 11:16 AM
    Likes (Given)
    75
    Likes (Received)
    47
    Thanks (Given)
    1702
    Thanks (Received)
    1898

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    got on a Purple kick over the weekend...really for no reason other than I've never listened to a lot of their great albums so I bought In Rock over the weekend. Great disk. I've got to listen to it a couple more songs so I can figure out what tracks are stand outs to me.

  4. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  5. #109
    Top Of The World
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,963
    Posts Per Day
    1.64
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    08.03.20 @ 06:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    17
    Likes (Received)
    82
    Thanks (Given)
    1520
    Thanks (Received)
    2227

    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    That's one of EVH's favorite Deep Purple albums. In Rock.

    I was just recently thinking about How The Battle Rages On as being one of my favorites but I have the cassette tape & need to hook up my cassette player.

    The last with Blackmore very good.

  6. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  7. #110
    Everybody Wants Some!!

    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    33,519
    Posts Per Day
    10.70
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1041
    Likes (Received)
    875
    Thanks (Given)
    22621
    Thanks (Received)
    19663

    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    got on a Purple kick over the weekend...really for no reason other than I've never listened to a lot of their great albums so I bought In Rock over the weekend. Great disk. I've got to listen to it a couple more songs so I can figure out what tracks are stand outs to me.
    “In Rock” is a classic through and through.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  8. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  9. #111
    Hot For Teacher
    Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    10,199
    Posts Per Day
    1.51
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    08.06.20 @ 11:16 AM
    Likes (Given)
    75
    Likes (Received)
    47
    Thanks (Given)
    1702
    Thanks (Received)
    1898

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That's one of EVH's favorite Deep Purple albums. In Rock.

    I was just recently thinking about How The Battle Rages On as being one of my favorites but I have the cassette tape & need to hook up my cassette player.

    The last with Blackmore very good.
    keep in mind that I've never really listened to Purple before (I have listened to a ton of rainbow stuff) but on this record his playing reminds me of Edwards a lot in certain spots. that was just on my initial listen

  10. #112
    Hot For Teacher
    Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    10,199
    Posts Per Day
    1.51
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    08.06.20 @ 11:16 AM
    Likes (Given)
    75
    Likes (Received)
    47
    Thanks (Given)
    1702
    Thanks (Received)
    1898

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    “In Rock” is a classic through and through.
    it's very good speed king and bloodsucker were the 2 tracks that hit me right off the bat-especially speed king. they were a great band.

    I do have a couple of the coverdale purple disks on my Ipod but never listen to them.

  11. bklynboy68 thanked for this post.
  12. #113
    #vhlinksmatter
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    45,608
    Posts Per Day
    9.02
    Last Online

    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    166
    Likes (Received)
    773
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Hear Deep Purple’s Sprightly New Song ‘Nothing at All’

    Whoosh!, band’s Bob Ezrin-produced 21st studio album, arrives August 7th

    Deep Purple have released their new song “Nothing at All,” the third single from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted band’s upcoming 21st album Whoosh!

    The sprightly new track finds Ian Gillan and company playfully tackling the concept of nothingness — both philosophically and as a course of action. It also as serves as a criticism of the damage humans have done to the Earth: “And the junk that sails out seven seas/Is very nearly up to my knees.”

    “When I hear about the doom and gloom/It’s around the corner and coming soon,” Gillan sings. “It’s nothing at all/And the old lady smiles/It’s nothing at all/Then she blew all the leaves off my tree.”

    A concept album of sorts, “Nothing at All” follows previous sci-fi-minded Whoosh! singles “Throw My Bones” and “Man Alive.”

    The arrival of the Bob Ezrin-produced Whoosh! was originally scheduled for June, but the coronavirus pandemic and other production line issues forced the postponement of the LP until August 7th.

    “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction … well, not exactly in this case; more cause and effect, where the latter is often greater than the former,” frontman Ian Gillan said in a statement. “Distribution lines (the physical sales of CDs, vinyl, cassettes (?) etc) and retail outlets are closed until the Dreaded Lurgy gets indigestion. Therefore, as there are still so many of us who love to hold a new record in our hands, and following advice from our magnificent label, we have decided to delay the release of Whoosh! until August.”

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...s-DLvHmKgnVh94




  13. PrideofPasadena Liked This Post
  14. #114
    #vhlinksmatter
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    45,608
    Posts Per Day
    9.02
    Last Online

    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    166
    Likes (Received)
    773
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default




  15. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  16. #115
    Hang 'Em High
    Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    19,720
    Posts Per Day
    2.62
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    86
    Likes (Received)
    95
    Thanks (Given)
    3357
    Thanks (Received)
    2409

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    These are still putting out some good tunes.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  17. PrideofPasadena Liked This Post
  18. #116
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    10.28.12
    Location
    Mean Street
    Posts
    8,570
    Posts Per Day
    3.02
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

    08.07.20 @ 11:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    823
    Likes (Received)
    238
    Thanks (Given)
    6541
    Thanks (Received)
    4055

    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Not bad at all. I like Man Alive best. Nice solo. Throw My Bones is cool but the keyboards on the verse ruins it, for me. Shoulda been more guitar driven.

  19. #117
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,950
    Posts Per Day
    5.33
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    Today @ 09:06 AM
    Likes (Given)
    134
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Thanks (Given)
    110
    Thanks (Received)
    88


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableWell-LikedPic Poster
    Awards:
    The Social Butterfly

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Hear Deep Purple’s Sprightly New Song ‘Nothing at All’

    Whoosh!, band’s Bob Ezrin-produced 21st studio album, arrives August 7th

    Deep Purple have released their new song “Nothing at All,” the third single from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted band’s upcoming 21st album Whoosh!

    The sprightly new track finds Ian Gillan and company playfully tackling the concept of nothingness — both philosophically and as a course of action. It also as serves as a criticism of the damage humans have done to the Earth: “And the junk that sails out seven seas/Is very nearly up to my knees.”

    “When I hear about the doom and gloom/It’s around the corner and coming soon,” Gillan sings. “It’s nothing at all/And the old lady smiles/It’s nothing at all/Then she blew all the leaves off my tree.”

    A concept album of sorts, “Nothing at All” follows previous sci-fi-minded Whoosh! singles “Throw My Bones” and “Man Alive.”

    The arrival of the Bob Ezrin-produced Whoosh! was originally scheduled for June, but the coronavirus pandemic and other production line issues forced the postponement of the LP until August 7th.

    “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction … well, not exactly in this case; more cause and effect, where the latter is often greater than the former,” frontman Ian Gillan said in a statement. “Distribution lines (the physical sales of CDs, vinyl, cassettes (?) etc) and retail outlets are closed until the Dreaded Lurgy gets indigestion. Therefore, as there are still so many of us who love to hold a new record in our hands, and following advice from our magnificent label, we have decided to delay the release of Whoosh! until August.”

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...s-DLvHmKgnVh94



    Falls somewhere between The Moodies and Yes.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum
    lowlifeflatheadscum@yahoo.com

    ibenderguitars.com - Official Sponsor of K-SCUM Radio

    "There's a big storm comin'.....and I think I know her name."

  20. PrideofPasadena Liked This Post
  21. #118
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Simon Ribeiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.19.04
    Location
    Badlands / Brazil
    Posts
    1,723
    Posts Per Day
    0.30
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

    From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

    08.07.20 @ 05:01 PM
    Likes (Given)
    805
    Likes (Received)
    185
    Thanks (Given)
    5680
    Thanks (Received)
    1035

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtablePic Poster
    Awards:
    The Ansel Adams Award

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    it's very good speed king and bloodsucker were the 2 tracks that hit me right off the bat-especially speed king. they were a great band.

    I do have a couple of the coverdale purple disks on my Ipod but never listen to them.
    Man! When you get the time, try to listen to those 03 studio records with both Coverdale & Hughes; Burn, Stormbringer and Come Taste the Band.

    I'd recommend Made in Europe, their live record from 1976 as well.
    TT: "Wow, you can play acoustic guitar?"
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978
    ___________________________________

    "Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

  22. #119
    The Full Bug
    CalFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.12.13
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,243
    Posts Per Day
    0.88
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    23
    Thanks (Given)
    697
    Thanks (Received)
    1856


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Agreed, the Coverdale albums are great. Come Taste The Band is completely different thing, but still has some brilliant songs.
    If you always search for bullshit on the Internet, all you ever read is bullshit

  23. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  24. #120
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Simon Ribeiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.19.04
    Location
    Badlands / Brazil
    Posts
    1,723
    Posts Per Day
    0.30
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

    From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

    08.07.20 @ 05:01 PM
    Likes (Given)
    805
    Likes (Received)
    185
    Thanks (Given)
    5680
    Thanks (Received)
    1035

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtablePic Poster
    Awards:
    The Ansel Adams Award

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    Agreed, the Coverdale albums are great. Come Taste The Band is completely different thing, but still has some brilliant songs.
    Right on! It's a shame what happened during that tour. While the band had some great time recording their 10th album, the tour and all the drug problems and the pressure instead of some possible good expectations over Tommy Bolin made that tour a disaster. It seemed there was a ghost behind Tommy even while trying to forge his own path. I once thought Bolin died after they disintegrated as a band in Europe. Actually, Tommy had a solo thing and started to tour supporting Jeff Beck when he died by overdose 06 months after Deep Purple disbanded. God, the guy was 25 years old!
    TT: "Wow, you can play acoustic guitar?"
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978
    ___________________________________

    "Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Is Van Halen in the same class as Deep Purple?
    By AJW in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 438
    Last Post: 07.05.18, 09:05 PM
  2. For Those Wondering About That Deep Purple Cover...
    By chefcraig in forum Chickenfoot
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05.26.09, 10:36 PM
  3. Dio/Scorpions/Deep Purple
    By Vince G. in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08.03.02, 10:40 PM
  4. What are your favorite Deep Purple songs?
    By YankeeRose in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08.20.01, 06:08 AM
  5. VH Deep Purple songs
    By redfire in forum Van Halen 101
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03.31.01, 10:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •