Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 09:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default Last Movie You Saw

Watched Army of the Dead a couple weeks ago and I watched Dawn of the Dead for the first time last weekend.

One was a bloated, embarrassingly poorly shot mess and the other was simply superb.

AOTD was the former. Many scenes in this movie were downright embarrassing how they were shot. Literally 3/4 of the frame completely blurred and out of focus. Couldn’t for the life of me understand why Snyder shot it this way. The plot was interesting at first but by the end it became utterly pointless. The characters were bland with the exception of the German and the Black guy. Aside from those two, I couldn’t have given two shits what happened to them. Special effects wise, it was brilliant. Truly brilliant. Some of the most real SFX landscape wide shots you’ll ever see in a film.

DOTD was the latter. Pure escapist greatness. This movie was everything a good zombie movie should be, much like WWZ. It thrusts you into this world where people are getting infected by this virus and you feel like you’re there. You feel the anxiety. You feel the adrenaline. You feel the suspense. You cared about each character and you understood their motivations.

The way it was shot, the way it was paced. Everything was superb and it makes total sense as to why Snyder and this film was lauded at the time.

DOTS looked and felt like the work of a great young director looking to make his mark, his way.

AOTD looked and felt like the work of a Director trying to hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:10 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Watched Army of the Dead a couple weeks ago and I watched Dawn of the Dead for the first time last weekend.

One was a bloated, embarrassingly poorly shot mess and the other was simply superb.

AOTD was the former. Many scenes in this movie were downright embarrassing how they were shot. Literally 3/4 of the frame completely blurred and out of focus. Couldn’t for the life of me understand why Snyder shot it this way. The plot was interesting at first but by the end it became utterly pointless. The characters were bland with the exception of the German and the Black guy. Aside from those two, I couldn’t have given two shits what happened to them. Special effects wise, it was brilliant. Truly brilliant. Some of the most real SFX landscape wide shots you’ll ever see in a film.

DOTD was the latter. Pure escapist greatness. This movie was everything a good zombie movie should be, much like WWZ. It thrusts you into this world where people are getting infected by this virus and you feel like you’re there. You feel the anxiety. You feel the adrenaline. You feel the suspense. You cared about each character and you understood their motivations.

The way it was shot, the way it was paced. Everything was superb and it makes total sense as to why Snyder and this film was lauded at the time.

DOTS looked and felt like the work of a great young director looking to make his mark, his way.

AOTD looked and felt like the work of a Director trying to hard.

I saw Dawn in theaters. Firs time I’d heard Richard Cheese’s cover music. It was fun.

As for the other, probably the most remarkable thing was finding out Tig Nataro replaced Chris D’elia and only did reshoots with one cast member. Didn’t notice at all.

Anyway, for fun:

3. MF5150 Liked This Post
    The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedThee King25,000 VHL Life Points

I haven't liked anything Zack Snyder has directed. George Romero's Dawn of the Dead is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion. That film had a lot to say about consumerism--and its still relevant today. The way he showed the mindless zombies shuffling around the mall and how they resembled real life shoppers was brilliant. But I went to see Snyder's remake with an open mind, because I do like horror films. The film was just as brain dead as zombie in the movie. It just didn't do anything for me. I guess I was hoping it would be have some depth maybe make some comments about today's even more materialistic obsessed society. But nope! However, I know that a lot of people like the remake, and that's fine. I don't lose sleep over it or anything.

So I watched Army of the Dead to see if he'd gotten any better, and well, he has actually gotten worse.

I just don't see how Snyder keeps getting these big budget films. The guy creates action sequences that are completely empty of any emotional impact. I can't decide who is worse--Michael Bay or Zack Snyder.

Just my two cents.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

5. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I saw Dawn in theaters. Firs time I’d heard Richard Cheese’s cover music. It was fun.

As for the other, probably the most remarkable thing was finding out Tig Nataro replaced Chris D’elia and only did reshoots with one cast member. Didn’t notice at all.

Anyway, for fun:

There’s a great video on YT showing how they inserted Nataro into the scenes. It was seamless in 99% of the shots.

Unreal.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

7. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Shallow depth of field is the hot trend. The NFL used it a lot this year—mostly on sideline shots. Personally I hate it except in in still photography where you can use it for your composition not as an effect.

9. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 11:07 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Raiders Of The Lost Ark on the Paramount Network right now. It’s another Indiana Jones marathon this weekend. Love it.

11. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Speaking of Indy. Set photos from 5 are leaking.

Looks like they’re going to be CGI de-aging Harrison a bit.

I say “a bit” because for 78 he looks fucking amazing.

13. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 11:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Moneyball

Had seen parts of it before, but never in one sitting.

Liked it.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 11:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

They had a perfect ending with Raiders of the Lost Ark III. Should have stopped it there.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

16. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    They had a perfect ending with Raiders of the Lost Ark III. Should have stopped it there.
    Raiders III. Kudos for using the Spielberg/Lucas vernacular when referring to those movies.

I agree though. I was really looking forward to 4 and I’ll definitely be seeing 5 in theatres because it’s Indy/Harrison Ford, but riding off in the sunset, in retrospect, should have been the end of that character. It was a perfect button to those movies.

I just really hope Mangold does the series justice, ends 5 with some dignity and it’s not a CGI-riden shitfest with a terrible story. The Nazis are back and apparently it takes place in the 70’s. So, I have to think that Argentina is going to play a role in the film.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Today @ 11:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Amazing how lucky living in the 80s was.

3 classic Indiana Jones movies.

Plus two Han Solo roles.

Harrison Ford owned the 80s

19. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Agreed.

But if they were going to make more they should have done so much sooner.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Harrison Ford was the best part of Indy 4 minus the shitty writing and plot.

If they had a decent/interesting story that didn’t involve inter-dimensional aliens and they used more practical effects, I think it could have been just as good as the others.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Harrison Ford was the best part of Indy 4 minus the shitty writing and plot.

If they had a decent/interesting story that didn’t involve inter-dimensional aliens and they used more practical effects, I think it could have been just as good as the others.

Shia LeBeouf didn't help that movie either. Ugh.

There have been rumors about other actors, Chris Pratt for instance, taking over the Indiana Jones role. I would prefer Indy dies with Harrison Ford. But that's not how Hollywood operates. Hell, I'm sure they're going to give Idris Elba a shot...for diversity's sake.
    They should just revive Allan Quartermain, or whatever other imitators there were back in the day. lol

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:03 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedKnight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life Points

1917- I know that movie got rave reviews but I just found myself bored watching it, and some weird scene sequences I guess is the word.
    Dealing with it.