"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Today @ 07:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King150,000 VHL Life Points50,000 VHL Life Points

“Dr. Strange in the multiverse of madness”. Guess you needed to see one of the tv series to have a heads up on one of the characters. And then there were the Illuminati - interesting bunch. Again, you had to have been paying attention all these years I guess so you don’t ask yourself “who are these people?” And the multiverse even spilled over into the “Star Trek” multiverse (sort of). Kind of exhausted. Hopefully that does it for the multiverse but somehow I doubt it.
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

George Carlin's American Dream

Judd Apatow should just stick to doing documentaries about comedians. Well done. In typical Apatow fashion, though, it was a long film--4hrs broken up into 2 parts. But I didn't mind since the topic, to me, was so fascinating. I really didn't know a lot about Carlin's uprising in the 60's, as I only became aware of him when he was already the counterculture "hippie" comedian from the 70's. Bill Burr is cameo'd and I can completely relate to his experiences with Carlin (probably cuz we're about the same age). But I, too, bought the albums and watched the specials, even saw him live a couple times back in the day.
    It's funny how much Carlin is quoted these days--he was obviously ahead of his time as so much that he said still applies today.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 07:06 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Thanks for mentioning the Carlin special. Will have to check that out.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

4. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

A fluff piece on a bitter old man?

Hard pass.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    A fluff piece on a bitter old man?

Hard pass.
    Not a fluff piece at all, IMO. But, yeah, he did come across as bitter on his last couple specials. I was glad they covered that in the doc.

I think you'd agree with a lot of what he had to say...certainly not all of it though.

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Not a fluff piece at all, IMO. But, yeah, he did come across as bitter on his last couple specials. I was glad they covered that in the doc.

I think you'd agree with a lot of what he had to say...certainly not all of it though.
    I have two issues with him. Religion and people bashing. I grew up seeing bitter Carlin on HBO specials. That's the Carlin I was exposed to. It seemed his whole purpose was to talk shit about regular folks. Everybody and every habit annoyed the guy it seems. To me, that's not funny.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I have two issues with him. Religion and people bashing. I grew up seeing bitter Carlin on HBO specials. That's the Carlin I was exposed to. It seemed his whole purpose was to talk shit about regular folks. Everybody and every habit annoyed the guy it seems. To me, that's not funny.
    He also bashed governments--oftentimes right on the head.

Yeah, he went after religion--lot of it accurate (hypocrisy), some of it unfair (faith). But I'm not sure what you mean about "regular folks." Unless you're talking about when he went kind of dark there at the end saying how he enjoyed it when a lot of people died. I couldn't get with that. I was basically only tuning in at that point out of curiosity. Couldn't go with him on that dark journey.

9. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

The Carlin doc was well done.

11. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 05:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

Default Last Movie You Saw

The Rock

Nothing else to say about this movie aside from these points, as I’ve posted about this movie here many times….

1. The best action movie of all-time.

and…

2. One of the best Bond movies of all-time.
    Last edited by MF5150; 05.22.22 at 06:10 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    The Rock

Nothing else to say about this movie aside from these points, as I’ve posted about this movie here many times….

1. The best action movie of all-time.

and…

2. One of the best Bond movies of all-time.
    Always liked that movie.

But I would never consider it for best action film of all time. My reflexive response to that was always Die Hard.

14. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Always enjoyed The Rock. Definitely benefited from some uncredited script doctoring by Aaron Sorkin, adding jokes for Cage and Connery. And I like that they didn't ruin it by doing an unnecessary sequel.

Greatest action movie of all time. That's a tough one. I mean, the action hero that has probably stayed with me since I was a kid is probably Indiana Jones, but I don't know if that is just a collective of the 3 films or if you could say Raiders is the greatest of all time. Die Hard is certainly as good of one as any, and you don't get a better villain than that.

Speaking of action films, I finished T3 for the first time since it came out. And it was an enjoyable popcorn flick just like it was before. I have to say that it's kind of shocking that only 6 years separate The Terminator and T2, so I don't know if technology just advanced that much in 6 years or if the budget made a huge difference, but the special effects are way, way better. I hadn't seen the first one since before T2 came out, and I don't think I had seen T2 since the '90s. T2 is in 4k HDR, some some of the dark, future footage is also way easier to see in that format.

And maybe it's just the way I have to rewatch them, in chunks...but I remember T2 being way better than it actually was this time around. I also now recognize beats that all these films hit that were not as recognizable for me in Genysis and Dark Fate precisely because I hadn't these first two films since 1991 or so.

On to Salvation.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Today @ 03:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

finally sat down and watched The Batman. the scenes with Batman were pretty awesome. the riddler was cool. the only thing that wasn't executed properly was the contrast between Batman and Bruce Wayne. Emo Bruce didn't work for me at all.

fight scenes were really cool, the batmobile was cool. it was a really good movie aside from the Bruce-Bats differences.

didn't really care for the catwoman arc but it wasn't enough to ruin the rest of the movie.

17. Elwood P. Liked This Post
    Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Today @ 11:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Always enjoyed The Rock. Definitely benefited from some uncredited script doctoring by Aaron Sorkin, adding jokes for Cage and Connery. And I like that they didn't ruin it by doing an unnecessary sequel.

Greatest action movie of all time. That's a tough one. I mean, the action hero that has probably stayed with me since I was a kid is probably Indiana Jones, but I don't know if that is just a collective of the 3 films or if you could say Raiders is the greatest of all time. Die Hard is certainly as good of one as any, and you don't get a better villain than that.

Speaking of action films, I finished T3 for the first time since it came out. And it was an enjoyable popcorn flick just like it was before. I have to say that it's kind of shocking that only 6 years separate The Terminator and T2, so I don't know if technology just advanced that much in 6 years or if the budget made a huge difference, but the special effects are way, way better. I hadn't seen the first one since before T2 came out, and I don't think I had seen T2 since the '90s. T2 is in 4k HDR, some some of the dark, future footage is also way easier to see in that format.

And maybe it's just the way I have to rewatch them, in chunks...but I remember T2 being way better than it actually was this time around. I also now recognize beats that all these films hit that were not as recognizable for me in Genysis and Dark Fate precisely because I hadn't these first two films since 1991 or so.

On to Salvation.
    It was 7 years between Terminator 1984 and Terminator 2 (1991). I also liked T3, it's a solid action movie, it isn't the most original script, since it's a lot like T3, just with a good looking woman terminator as the villain.

I have T2 on 3D blu ray, it has amazing 3D! I had to order it from Korea online, since it wasn't even released on disk in North America. But it plays fine.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Today @ 11:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King15,000 VHL Life Points

I'd have to go w/ the original Terminator for best action flick.

I enjoyed 1, 2 and 3. Salvation would have been an incredible film - but they insisted on Bale doing his Batman voice and the ending was shit (beyond that - it was a decent movie)... the last two were (being generous) average, with the final having moments that were basically unwatchable (Terminator retired, got married and became a seamstress....what in the holy hell????)
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Today @ 03:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

The Rock is a great action film. I always thought T2 was better but it's a fine line that separates them. I've always thought the original Point Break was a great action film. I don't know if it's in the same league as the other 2 but whenever it's on I watch it.