Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan Praiser15,000 VHL Life PointsOld GuardSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    I disagree.

The origin in the original makes Michael more menacing.

There is no rhyme or reason for what he’s doing aside from the fact he’s just pure evil. We don’t need to know ‘why’ he’s evil.

The Zombie movie made Michael into a tragic figure with Mommy issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No offense but I tend to believe that more. Mommy issues with serial killer tendencies. Probably closer to Ted Bundy than pure evil. Although the pure evil is compelling enough to spur his immortality. Hmm…

. . .
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 05:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

The new Dune is out on HBOmax

It looks pretty amazing and has a good cast. I hope it makes sense and is not just a big eye candy coma.

. . .
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    No offense but I tend to believe that more. Mommy issues with serial killer tendencies. Probably closer to Ted Bundy than pure evil. Although the pure evil is compelling enough to spur his immortality. Hmm…
    Maybe I dozed off a bit last week while watching H '78, but I don't remember an origin... just them saying he was pure evil. Were there scenes on how he got like that?

I also realized I had never seen H '78 in it's entirety start to finish. Just bits and pieces over the years plus all I have ever read about it.

Also, I do have a CD with Carpenters selected soundtracks songs on it in the jukebox. It's pretty cool when the Halloween or The Thing theme comes up after say... a Zeppelin song.
    Last edited by Number 47; 10.22.21 at 12:05 PM.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 08:44 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default Last Movie You Saw

I understand that line of thinking.

Me personally? I liken Michael to the shark in Jaws.

Nobody gives two shits why the shark decided one day to start eating people because it’s an animal. Almost like a force of nature. The audience doesn’t need it’s motives explained or fleshed out.

That’s far more menacing, to me, than poor Michael was teased and bullied as a child or that he was Laurie’s Sister. Or that the shark’s Mother was killed by hunters and its enacting it’s revenge on the human race.

They’re two seemingly unstoppable forces whose motivations are unknown, that the characters in the movie have to face.

The killers in real life that have little to no motive or pattern are the scariest and they’re uncommon. Rich Ramirez, being one of them. Everybody in LA was a potential target. Men. Women. That’s horrifying.

Ted Bundy also acknowledged in interviews that his childhood was very normal, I believe. He had a very normal and wholesome upbringing.

Last edited by MF5150; 10.22.21 at 12:28 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

5. LAD-1972 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:35 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

The only one I can watch anymore is Friday the 13th (2009). It’s kind of mix of the movie series. It’s not well received but again it’s a little different.
    Yeah, I was hoping for more after that one in 2009. Thought it was great, relatively speaking. Jason runs! lol Strange it's been 12 years without a F the 13th.

I have a soft spot for those 80's slasher flicks. Yeah, I know they're garbage but they were fun slasher films at the time with some T & A for my adolescent mind to digest.

7. LAD-1972 Liked This Post
    I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:28 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Maybe I dozed off a bit last week while watching H '78, but I don't remember an origin... just them saying he was pure evil. Were there scenes on how he got like that?

I also realized I had never seen H '78 in it's entirety start to finish. Just bits and pieces over the years plus all I have ever read about it.

Also, I do have a CD with Carpenters selected soundtracks songs on it in the jukebox. It's pretty cool when the Halloween or The Thing theme comes up after say... a Zeppelin song.
    It’s been a while but I think they give a first person view of him watching his sister and boyfriend on the sofa and then he’s in her room. Slice. It’s left for your own interpretation.

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I understand that line of thinking.

Me personally? I liken Michael to the shark in Jaws.

Nobody gives two shits why the shark decided one day to start eating people because it’s an animal. Almost like a force of nature. The audience doesn’t need it’s motives explained or fleshed out.

That’s far more menacing, to me, than poor Michael was teased and bullied as a child or that he was Laurie’s Sister. Or that the shark’s Mother was killed by hunters and its enacting it’s revenge on the human race.

They’re two seemingly unstoppable forces whose motivations are unknown, that the characters in the movie have to face.

The killers in real life that have little to no motive or pattern are the scariest and they’re uncommon. Rich Ramirez, being one of them. Everybody in LA was a potential target. Men. Women. That’s horrifying.

Ted Bundy also acknowledged in interviews that his childhood was very normal, I believe. He had a very normal and wholesome upbringing.

I depends on which account of Bundy you believe. One account has his grandfather as his biological father with an psychotic temper and then another account says he lived a “normal” life.

Ramirez was groomed. His story is fascinating and repulsive at the same time. And you’re right… he was pure evil.

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping for more after that one in 2009. Thought it was great, relatively speaking. Jason runs! lol Strange it's been 12 years without a F the 13th.

I have a soft spot for those 80's slasher flicks. Yeah, I know they're garbage but they were fun slasher films at the time with some T & A for my adolescent mind to digest.
    I know! Jeez… it’s not the audience is expecting anyone to raise the bar. I would take another Freddy vs. Jason at this point! The body count… Ha-Ha!

11. BREW CREW Liked This Post
    carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Today @ 06:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King150,000 VHL Life Points50,000 VHL Life Points

The GEICO commercial is about all I need, lol

"Why can't we get in the running car?"
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedKnight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    The GEICO commercial is about all I need, lol

"Why can't we get in the running car?"
    That commercial cracks me up every time
    Dealing with it.

carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Today @ 06:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King150,000 VHL Life Points50,000 VHL Life Points

“No Time To Die”. Our friends on Her Majesty’s Secret Service don’t have all the time in the world as they must shut down a virus being manufactured in an Asian lab by Farrokh Bulsara, so James Bond gets his shot and hijinks ensue. James Bond Will Return, but since this is probably Craig’s last outing as 007, whoever takes his place will have big shoes to fill as I feel these might just be the best five movies in the series (even the ones that people don’t like). Thank you, Daniel Craig
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

11.15.21 @ 03:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

The Little Things with Denzel Washington.

It was awful. The end,

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default Last Movie You Saw

In keeping with my new found obsession with Carpenter’s The Thing, I decided to watch The Hateful Eight for the first time in a while, last night.

Still every bit as brilliant as it was the last time I watched it. I knew that some of the music from the film was from The Thing score (three unused Morricone tracks from The Thing were used in TH8) but it’s even more evident now how much of an ode to Carpenter’s this film is.

A couple of Russell’s lines are directly lifted from The Thing as well. Plus Morricone’s score is phenomenal.

Overall just a stellar piece of filmmaking. Again, much like Carpenter did with The Thing, Tarantino takes a group of interesting and flawed supporting characters, putting them in a room with one another and giving them a problem to deal with.

I’ve read that Tarantino wanted the movie to be a bunch of characters that echoed the supporting cast villains that were in Bonanza. Not the main stars but the guys who were rough around the edges.

Brilliant decision.
    Last edited by MF5150; 10.24.21 at 11:45 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

17. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:35 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

In keeping with my new found obsession with Carpenter’s The Thing, I decided to watch The Hateful Eight for the first time in a while, last night.

Still every bit as brilliant as it was the last time I watched it. I knew that some of the music from the film was from The Thing score (three unused Morricone tracks from The Thing were used in TH8) but it’s even more evident now how much of an ode to Carpenter’s this film is.

A couple of Russell’s lines are directly lifted from The Thing as well. Plus Morricone’s score is phenomenal.

Overall just a stellar piece of filmmaking. Again, much like Carpenter did with The Thing, Tarantino takes a group of interesting and flawed supporting characters, putting them in a room with one another and giving them a problem to deal with.

I’ve read that Tarantino wanted the movie to be a bunch of characters that echoed the supporting cast villains that were in Bonanza. Not the main stars but the guys who were rough around the edges.

Brilliant decision.
    I liked the Hateful 8. I know that one gets a lot of crap for not being as good as his others or for being too long. For me, I couldn't care less about the time on that one. I could've watched those actors on that set recite Q's dialogue for 5 hours.

I always thought it was kind of funny how he made that movie in epic fashion, using Panavision 70mm, those beautiful exterior shots, and yet most of the film is basically a stage play on an intimate indoor set.

And, yes, Morricone's score is great. Glad he won the Oscar for it.

19. MF5150 Liked This Post
    . . .
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

The Hateful Eight

https://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/thr...=1#post1925206

Wow! Can't believe it's been five years since I've seen TH8. Where does the time go?

Been meaning to check out the extended version on Netflix which basically turns it into a four part mini series. Looks like it's still available.