Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Candy21 View Post
    Everything we have looked for they do. And they have a GREAT liqour section
    That's what I've heard. So you and Filthy are big time Costco fans huh?

What all do you guys buy there?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

PM Goo with your concerns
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.22 @ 11:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedThee King75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    why do you say that?
    Costco quality is much better. The two founders of Costco still run the company, they both shop at costco, if stuff is not quality it is gone.

I have always heard people talk about Costco beef, everyone loves it. I thought a cow was just a cow. I asked my Aunt who is a director at the Corp Offices, whats so special about your cows? She informed that Costco has there own ranches. The cattle are treated very well and fed a excellent diet, vaccinated and fed vitamins. Before the beef is shipped to a Costco is goes through a very stringent grading program, if it doesn't not make the grade it is sold to other grocery type stores but will not be on the shelves of a Costco.

Costco brand is Kirkland signature, Jim Sinigal (founder) wears these clothes on a daily basis. The guy is worth about a billion dollars, he could wear what ever he wants. He personally looks over all Kirkland signature products, if its cheap its gone!!

Costco cares about its products, its clients and its employee's. Wallmart does not.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    I thought a cow was just a cow. I asked my Aunt who is a director at the Corp Offices, whats so special about your cows? She informed that Costco has there own ranches. The cattle are treated very well and fed a excellent diet, vaccinated and fed vitamins. Before the beef is shipped to a Costco is goes through a very stringent grading program, if it doesn't not make the grade it is sold to other grocery type stores but will not be on the shelves of a Costco.
    Costco ranches? Sweet! Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

" that's so pussy ass" Brook.

Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick split up after 2 years of fucking ....I mean dating. edwardv.

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

06.15.22 @ 07:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I've made some big purchases at Costco. I've found that there is a lot of value with big ticket items. Chances are that they are selling soon to be discontinued models. I found that to be true with my Bowflex. In other cases, the manufacturers are making models specifically for sale in warehouse stores.
    • I purchased a Bowflex at Costco in 2004.
    • I purchased a washer/dryer from Costco online, which will be delivered this week.
    • I purchased a dehumidifier online, which will be delivered today, which was the best priced model and value when compared to Sears, Home Depot, and Lowes.
    • I purchased a DVD Recorder/VCR combo at Costo last month.
    • I purchased a Nike Heart Rate Monitor/Pedometer combo wrist watch.

Costco's return policy is superb. Pretty much their return policy will supercede the manufacturer's policy. This is one of the reasons I purchased the washer/dryer there. I'm considering purchasing a twin mattress there, and if they didn't have the good return policy, I wouldn't.

Other random comments and benefits, and reaction to other comments made in this thread:
    • Not every Costco has a liquor store.
    • Some Costco's have gas stations.
    • Milk by the gallon is dirt cheap. Since milk prices are regional, I can tell you that in Boston, MA, 1% sells for $2.05 at Costco. Typically in the supermarket, it will sell between $3.50 - $4.00, if not more.
    • It's my observation that there is little employee turnover, which is an indication that they treat their employees well.
    • Their clothing is generally good quality. (So is BJs.)
    • Online photo processing. Submit photos online and pickup at the store in one hour.
    • Kirkland Premium Vanilla Ice Cream is fantastic. (Of course, if you look at the grams of fat, you'll know why)

Of course, the #1 reason Costco is so fantastic, the free samples! You can practically eat lunch there on the weekend. Especially awesome between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Does Sam's do samples? My local BJs just started doing it, probably in response to Costco. The stores are within one mile of each other.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    Costco quality is much better. The two founders of Costco still run the company, they both shop at costco, if stuff is not quality it is gone.

I have always heard people talk about Costco beef, everyone loves it. I thought a cow was just a cow. I asked my Aunt who is a director at the Corp Offices, whats so special about your cows? She informed that Costco has there own ranches. The cattle are treated very well and fed a excellent diet, vaccinated and fed vitamins. Before the beef is shipped to a Costco is goes through a very stringent grading program, if it doesn't not make the grade it is sold to other grocery type stores but will not be on the shelves of a Costco.

Costco brand is Kirkland signature, Jim Sinigal (founder) wears these clothes on a daily basis. The guy is worth about a billion dollars, he could wear what ever he wants. He personally looks over all Kirkland signature products, if its cheap its gone!!

Costco cares about its products, its clients and its employee's. Wallmart does not.
    I think you just sold me on Costco. Very high on my on my list to buy are beef, chicken, turkey and fish. Knowing that the quality of the meat there is superb is a big selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    I've made some big purchases at Costco. I've found that there is a lot of value with big ticket items. Chances are that they are selling soon to be discontinued models. I found that to be true with my Bowflex. In other cases, the manufacturers are making models specifically for sale in warehouse stores.
    • I purchased a Bowflex at Costco in 2004.
    • I purchased a washer/dryer from Costco online, which will be delivered this week.
    • I purchased a dehumidifier online, which will be delivered today, which was the best priced model and value when compared to Sears, Home Depot, and Lowes.
    • I purchased a DVD Recorder/VCR combo at Costo last month.
    • I purchased a Nike Heart Rate Monitor/Pedometer combo wrist watch.

Costco's return policy is superb. Pretty much their return policy will supercede the manufacturer's policy. This is one of the reasons I purchased the washer/dryer there. I'm considering purchasing a twin mattress there, and if they didn't have the good return policy, I wouldn't.

Other random comments and benefits, and reaction to other comments made in this thread:
    • Not every Costco has a liquor store.
    • Some Costco's have gas stations.
    • Milk by the gallon is dirt cheap. Since milk prices are regional, I can tell you that in Boston, MA, 1% sells for $2.05 at Costco. Typically in the supermarket, it will sell between $3.50 - $4.00, if not more.
    • It's my observation that there is little employee turnover, which is an indication that they treat their employees well.
    • Their clothing is generally good quality. (So is BJs.)
    • Online photo processing. Submit photos online and pickup at the store in one hour.
    • Kirkland Premium Vanilla Ice Cream is fantastic. (Of course, if you look at the grams of fat, you'll know why)

Of course, the #1 reason Costco is so fantastic, the free samples! You can practically eat lunch there on the weekend. Especially awesome between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Does Sam's do samples? My local BJs just started doing it, probably in response to Costco. The stores are within one mile of each other.
    The shopping experience is important to me. That's one of the reasons why I hate going to walmart and low end grocery stores. I don't like the employees, I don't like the other customers. I will pay slightly more or drive slightly further to go to a nice place with clean floors, happy employees, polite customers and good vibe. I don't know if Sam's does samples...the shopping experience is pretty neutral. I don't think anyone is particularly happy, most of them employees are of the ghetto persuasion (particularly at the check out line) but the store is clean and the management seems to be very polite and happy.

The big purchases are also important to me. Though I don't expect to make any soon, I do expect, at some point in the next 6-12 months, to purchase a small flat panel TV, a printer/copier/scanner, and maybe those sonicare toothbrushes. Knowing that their return policy is good is very reassuring.

As for the Kirkland brand, we were renting a room to a guy who worked for Costco. He loves it there. He was constantly glowing about how well they treat the employees, how awesome the culture is and how great the Kirkland brand is.

He would often bring home kirkland brand products of all sorts of variety...never had a problem with them. They seem to be much better than Sam's house brand.

It's looking like we're going to be a Costco family.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Sam's does samples.

used to have a BJ's membership. bought tires there a couple times and other stuff quite often. no complaints with them.

have Sam's Club membership now. it's practically across the street from work so i can swing by whenever, and i got the business membership so i can go in first thing in the AM before the general public get there. they've got the gas station. bought tires at Sam's a couple times too, not really much different than the deal i got at BJ's. don't really have any complaints about them either.

Costco is a county over by where i used to work so i didn't bother joining there. if they put one by work i'd probably consider it.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Sam's does samples.

used to have a BJ's membership. bought tires there a couple times and other stuff quite often. no complaints with them.

have Sam's Club membership now. it's practically across the street from work so i can swing by whenever, and i got the business membership so i can go in first thing in the AM before the general public get there. they've got the gas station. bought tires at Sam's a couple times too, not really much different than the deal i got at BJ's. don't really have any complaints about them either.

Costco is a county over by where i used to work so i didn't bother joining there. if they put one by work i'd probably consider it.
    I have a Sam's rather close to where I work and it would be very convenient to go there on the way home and would be easier to get to than the Costco, so that's a big plus. They do have gas and tires but the gas prices aren't any lower than other places and I get my tires from Firestone so that's no much of a plus for me.

What all do you buy at Sam's?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

for food, sometimes snacks, mostly frozen stuff. being single i don't have to go every week, it's decent stuff to have for a lazy "throw somethin' in the microwave" day, especially over the winter. if i buy prepackaged lunchmeat i'll have enough for a few week's worth of lunches. stuff like condiments, two of those big ol' bottles will last months around here. not a lot of candy but maybe mints and gum. and i almost forgot microwave popcorn. bottled water, 'cause i have well water and refuse to drink it.

AA/AAA batteries...a hard drive once...bought my Vizio there too. the HD may have been a bit cheaper on Newegg or something, but not by enough that i wanted to wait a few days for it. locally the price was right in line with everyone else.

their gas is five to ten cents cheaper than the BP right across from work, it's usually a price war on the street between the two almost as good as the Murphy Oil and Speedway price war up on the main drag through town.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

10.10.20 @ 01:19 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

sasquatch, you should've bought your washer and dryer at a local store... I say that because I work at a local store here in Oly...

Our prices in most cases is better than Costco and we have rebates those guys don't have...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

06.15.22 @ 07:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    sasquatch, you should've bought your washer and dryer at a local store... I say that because I work at a local store here in Oly...

Our prices in most cases is better than Costco and we have rebates those guys don't have...
    I will keep that in mind. I know my actions do not help the local store one iota. I try to support the local hardware store more often than Lowe's and Home Depot.

Meanwhile, I did go ahead and buy those mattresses just a few hours ago. I told the service desk that I was a little skeptical buying a mattress I have not tried, and they said to bring it back if I wasn't satisfied. Can't argue with that.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    I will keep that in mind. I know my actions do not help the local store one iota. I try to support the local hardware store more often than Lowe's and Home Depot.

Meanwhile, I did go ahead and buy those mattresses just a few hours ago. I told the service desk that I was a little skeptical buying a mattress I have not tried, and they said to bring it back if I wasn't satisfied. Can't argue with that.
    don't lowe's and home depot employ local folks from the area? don't they pay local property, employee, payroll and inventory taxes?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Today @ 09:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Sam's Club is offering a special rate to join for new, and for older customers that have memberships expired for over 6 months.

Offer ends June 26, 2022

$8

https://www.samsclub.com/content/join-like-a-vip
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Today @ 12:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King5,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

Sam's Club has really good tequila, and the Birthday Bash in October. I don't know why Dave decided to name his club Costco - I'm hearing he does BBQ and martial arts classes in the back.
    Little Dreamer

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:18 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Team Costco. I like both.

That Costco pizza and them hot dogs tho. Mmm.

15. The Rover Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 06:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Team Costco. I like both.

That Costco pizza and them hot dogs tho. Mmm.
    Hot dogs are great. Best deal around.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

17. CaboChris Liked This Post