The Drumming Thread - Page 18
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  151
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 320
  1. #256
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    10.28.12
    Location
    Mean Street
    Posts
    9,260
    Posts Per Day
    2.90
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

    07.20.21 @ 12:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2107
    Likes (Received)
    716
    Thanks (Given)
    6541
    Thanks (Received)
    4055

    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Thanks, PoP! It's taken time and money, but definitely a labor of love. When the Gibraltar rack finally gets here it is really going to all come together.
    Congrats! Had to have been a fun journey building that over the years. It shows.
    Getting new gear can be as fun as playing, sometimes. LOL

  2. JUNGLE DRUMMER, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  3. #257
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    10.28.12
    Location
    Mean Street
    Posts
    9,260
    Posts Per Day
    2.90
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

    07.20.21 @ 12:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2107
    Likes (Received)
    716
    Thanks (Given)
    6541
    Thanks (Received)
    4055

    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    The wrap is really beautiful IMO.

    Ha, yeah, the paint job for the drum room came out about as well as I had hoped, even better actually. I used Colonial Red and was happy that it kind of reminded me of the Shark, one of my favorite guitars. A few pages back in this thread I'm pretty sure I posted some pics of the building of the room. Without scrolling back, I can't remember if I posted pics of me framing it up, but definitely pics of the walls with the first coat of white paint and the stripes taped up.
    I musta missed the room pics. I'll go back and check it out.
    It took me awhile to notice. I was so busy looking at the kit. Then, I was like " damn fine paint job". LOL.

  4. JUNGLE DRUMMER, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  5. #258
    Hang 'Em High
    JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,920
    Posts Per Day
    3.82
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    7477
    Likes (Received)
    3023
    Thanks (Given)
    48590
    Thanks (Received)
    14288

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I musta missed the room pics. I'll go back and check it out.
    It took me awhile to notice. I was so busy looking at the kit. Then, I was like " damn fine paint job". LOL.
    Thanks. I just went back and looked. Pages 8 and 9 are a bunch of pics I posted. It was a lot of fun building the room out in the shop. Lol, now I wish I'd made it bigger.

  6. PrideofPasadena, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  7. #259
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    10.28.12
    Location
    Mean Street
    Posts
    9,260
    Posts Per Day
    2.90
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

    07.20.21 @ 12:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2107
    Likes (Received)
    716
    Thanks (Given)
    6541
    Thanks (Received)
    4055

    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Attachment 4233

    Attachment 4234

    Attachment 4235

    Been building a new drum room out in the shop. Finished painting last weekend. Took a week of vacation this week, finished carpet and trim yesterday.

    Wow! That's a bad ass room! Nice work.

    You're right, it is more "shark" like.

  8. JUNGLE DRUMMER, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  9. #260
    The Full Bug
    Simon Ribeiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.19.04
    Location
    Badlands / Brazil
    Posts
    2,085
    Posts Per Day
    0.34
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

    From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

    07.12.21 @ 04:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    3303
    Likes (Received)
    520
    Thanks (Given)
    5680
    Thanks (Received)
    1035

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtablePic Poster
    Awards:
    The Ansel Adams Award

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    ...
    ...
    STILL waiting on Gibraltar to get my rack here so can't get the kit setup the way it needs, but still playable and a blast. There just is no substitute for Ludwigs.
    My Man!!!

    Whoa!! That's incredible - Hell of a kit. Can I have my name written after Ajax so I can have some fun playing it?
    That's TOO cool, JD. Congrats!!!!!

    Man .... That Snare Drum!!! 14'x8'!!!!! Love the rotontons!!!! All the hardwares!!! And those cymbals, of course!!!

    I used to have DW 3000 in the past. Then I had the 5000 one (accelerator). But I had to sold all my stuff in the beginning of the Year 2000 and slowly restarted to buy these things. Right now, I own 02 double pedal - The Iron Cobra (HP 900) and the Speed Cobra (not so sure about the model though). The SC is a beast and I do love it!
    TT: "Wow, you can play acoustic guitar?"
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978
    ___________________________________

    "Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

  10. JUNGLE DRUMMER, PrideofPasadena Liked This Post
  11. #261
    Hang 'Em High
    JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,920
    Posts Per Day
    3.82
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    7477
    Likes (Received)
    3023
    Thanks (Given)
    48590
    Thanks (Received)
    14288

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    My Man!!!

    Whoa!! That's incredible - Hell of a kit. Can I have my name written after Ajax so I can have some fun playing it?
    That's TOO cool, JD. Congrats!!!!!

    Man .... That Snare Drum!!! 14'x8'!!!!! Love the rotontons!!!! All the hardwares!!! And those cymbals, of course!!!

    I used to have DW 3000 in the past. Then I had the 5000 one (accelerator). But I had to sold all my stuff in the beginning of the Year 2000 and slowly restarted to buy these things. Right now, I own 02 double pedal - The Iron Cobra (HP 900) and the Speed Cobra (not so sure about the model though). The SC is a beast and I do love it!
    Yeah, when it came to updating my double pedal a couple years ago it came down to basically choosing between a DW a Tama. I went with the DW3000 and I like it. Then when I got this new double bass drum kit, I realized I needed a single pedal to go with it lol, so I got a DW3000 single. So now I actually have 3 bass pedals and with my left toes and heel I can play the single pedal on the left kick drum and the left pedal for the double pedal on the right drum.

    Yeah my 14"×8" Ludwig Oak/Maple snare is pretty awesome. Very big rock sound. And it blends perfectly with my new Keystone X kit of course.

    Yeah, I love Gibraltar's hardware. The look and strength are both great.

    Next, I'd really like to add 3 Paiste 2002 cup chime cymbals, 5.5", 6.5", and 8".
    Last edited by JUNGLE DRUMMER; 04.05.21 at 09:53 AM.

  12. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  13. #262
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    10.28.12
    Location
    Mean Street
    Posts
    9,260
    Posts Per Day
    2.90
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

    07.20.21 @ 12:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2107
    Likes (Received)
    716
    Thanks (Given)
    6541
    Thanks (Received)
    4055

    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

    Default

    More cymbals! Okay, now you're just getting carried away.

    What's the "rack" piece you're waiting for?

  14. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  15. #263
    Hang 'Em High
    JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,920
    Posts Per Day
    3.82
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    7477
    Likes (Received)
    3023
    Thanks (Given)
    48590
    Thanks (Received)
    14288

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    More cymbals! Okay, now you're just getting carried away.

    What's the "rack" piece you're waiting for?
    More than just a piece. The main rack itself, by Gibraltar. Ive bought some rack tubes and more clamps(that might be seen laying on the floor in the pics of my new kit) because I'm going to customize it a bit, and with the Octobans, rototoms, concert toms, and mini timbales I needed a lot more clamps to mount everything.

    But the rack itself is really a lot of bang for the buck and because of Covid(I'm guessing) has been on backorder for a long time. Gibraltar just makes the best drum hardware, IMO. Especially their all chrome hardware. I'm not as big of fan of kits that mix n match the black and chrome hardware. Gotta be all chrome for me.

  16. Simon Ribeiro, PrideofPasadena Liked This Post
  17. #264
    The Full Bug
    Simon Ribeiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.19.04
    Location
    Badlands / Brazil
    Posts
    2,085
    Posts Per Day
    0.34
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

    From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

    07.12.21 @ 04:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    3303
    Likes (Received)
    520
    Thanks (Given)
    5680
    Thanks (Received)
    1035

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtablePic Poster
    Awards:
    The Ansel Adams Award

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Yeah, when it came to updating my double pedal a couple years ago it came down to basically choosing between a DW a Tama. I went with the DW3000 and I like it. Then when I got this new double bass drum kit, I realized I needed a single pedal to go with it lol, so I got a DW3000 single. So now I actually have 3 bass pedals and with my left toes and heel I can play the single pedal on the left kick drum and the left pedal for the double pedal on the right drum.

    Yeah my 14"×8" Ludwig Oak/Maple snare is pretty awesome. Very big rock sound. And it blends perfectly with my new Keystone X kit of course.

    Yeah, I love Gibraltar's hardware. The look and strength are both great.

    Next, I'd really like to add 3 Paiste 2002 cup chime cymbals, 5.5", 6.5", and 8".
    Yeah! The choice for another DW 3000 (the single one) was the best, no doubt about it!

    You know Thomas Lang, don't you? I was thinking of including the other double pedal, the IC, and use it to hit a cowbell and some other sounding stuff. But you have to have a room for that. So by now I'll keep it as a back up por the main pedal.


    Good luck with the cup chime cymbals, brother. IF something, I think I'll get some extra splashs or maybe a mini hi-hat, a 11' or 12' - probably from the same brand - Orion (brazilian cymbals manufacture).
    TT: "Wow, you can play acoustic guitar?"
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978
    ___________________________________

    "Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

  18. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
  19. #265
    Hang 'Em High
    JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,920
    Posts Per Day
    3.82
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    7477
    Likes (Received)
    3023
    Thanks (Given)
    48590
    Thanks (Received)
    14288

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Yeah! The choice for another DW 3000 (the single one) was the best, no doubt about it!

    You know Thomas Lang, don't you? I was thinking of including the other double pedal, the IC, and use it to hit a cowbell and some other sounding stuff. But you have to have a room for that. So by now I'll keep it as a back up por the main pedal.


    Good luck with the cup chime cymbals, brother. IF something, I think I'll get some extra splashs or maybe a mini hi-hat, a 11' or 12' - probably from the same brand - Orion (brazilian cymbals manufacture).
    Thomas Lang is a brilliant player.

  20. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  21. #266
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    10.28.12
    Location
    Mean Street
    Posts
    9,260
    Posts Per Day
    2.90
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

    07.20.21 @ 12:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2107
    Likes (Received)
    716
    Thanks (Given)
    6541
    Thanks (Received)
    4055

    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    More than just a piece. The main rack itself, by Gibraltar. Ive bought some rack tubes and more clamps(that might be seen laying on the floor in the pics of my new kit) because I'm going to customize it a bit, and with the Octobans, rototoms, concert toms, and mini timbales I needed a lot more clamps to mount everything.

    But the rack itself is really a lot of bang for the buck and because of Covid(I'm guessing) has been on backorder for a long time. Gibraltar just makes the best drum hardware, IMO. Especially their all chrome hardware. I'm not as big of fan of kits that mix n match the black and chrome hardware. Gotta be all chrome for me.
    Okay, gotcha...what everything attaches too. I dig the chrome, as well. Nothing better.
    I went to Sweetwater and peeped some gear. Wow! 20, 30 bucks for a clamp...glad I choose guitar. LOL

    It's killer already. Can't wait to see where it's going.

  22. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  23. #267
    Hang 'Em High
    JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,920
    Posts Per Day
    3.82
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    7477
    Likes (Received)
    3023
    Thanks (Given)
    48590
    Thanks (Received)
    14288

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Okay, gotcha...what everything attaches too. I dig the chrome, as well. Nothing better.
    I went to Sweetwater and peeped some gear. Wow! 20, 30 bucks for a clamp...glad I choose guitar. LOL

    It's killer already. Can't wait to see where it's going.
    Lol, yep. Clamps, curved rack tubes, straight rack tubes, memory locks, tom arms, boom cymbal arms...the stuff adds up for sure.

    The Gibraltar GCS 450C is the main rack I'm waiting for. About $400, although I got it for about $300 from Musicians Friend because I had a coupon to use. I've already bought a GCS 150C extension, plus some more curved tubes and a bunch of super multiclamps and memory locks to add onto it.

  24. Simon Ribeiro, PrideofPasadena Liked This Post
  25. #268
    The Full Bug
    Simon Ribeiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.19.04
    Location
    Badlands / Brazil
    Posts
    2,085
    Posts Per Day
    0.34
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

    From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

    07.12.21 @ 04:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    3303
    Likes (Received)
    520
    Thanks (Given)
    5680
    Thanks (Received)
    1035

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtablePic Poster
    Awards:
    The Ansel Adams Award

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Lol, yep. Clamps, curved rack tubes, straight rack tubes, memory locks, tom arms, boom cymbal arms...the stuff adds up for sure.

    The Gibraltar GCS 450C is the main rack I'm waiting for. About $400, although I got it for about $300 from Musicians Friend because I had a coupon to use. I've already bought a GCS 150C extension, plus some more curved tubes and a bunch of super multiclamps and memory locks to add onto it.
    Man, you're building a monster!! And I can't wait to see it complete!!
    TT: "Wow, you can play acoustic guitar?"
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978
    ___________________________________

    "Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

  26. JUNGLE DRUMMER, PrideofPasadena Liked This Post
  27. #269
    Hang 'Em High
    JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,920
    Posts Per Day
    3.82
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    7477
    Likes (Received)
    3023
    Thanks (Given)
    48590
    Thanks (Received)
    14288

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Man, you're building a monster!! And I can't wait to see it complete!!
    I can't wait to build it!

  28. #270
    Light Up The Sky
    MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    32
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,862
    Posts Per Day
    3.49
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2814
    Likes (Received)
    1807
    Thanks (Given)
    1201
    Thanks (Received)
    1150

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Legend.

    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. VH Bad-Assed Chicks Thread aka the Girlie Thread Mark II
    By stilleddiesangel in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 951
    Last Post: 03.10.17, 01:53 AM
  2. DIY Drumming
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08.09.05, 08:07 AM
  3. Alex's drumming
    By Sweet William in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02.25.05, 04:02 AM
  4. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 09.17.00, 12:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •