Nudist camps reach out to the young and buff
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Hang 'Em High
    ZeoBandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    44
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    17,871
    Posts Per Day
    2.62
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    09.25.20 @ 10:16 AM
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    78
    Thanks (Received)
    56


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Padawan Praiser75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default Nudist camps reach out to the young and buff

    Nudist camps reach out to the young and buff
    POSTED: 8:36 a.m. EDT, May 14, 2007
    Story Highlights
    Nudist camps are seeking young members
    Discounts on membership fees offered to under 30 set
    American Association for Nude Recreation has 50,000 members
    90 percent of them are over age 35

    WOODSTOCK, Connecticut (AP) -- Here's the naked truth about nude recreation: The people who practice it aren't getting any younger.

    To draw 20- and 30-somethings, nudist groups and camps are trying everything from deep discounts on membership fees to a young ambassador program that encourages college and graduate students to talk to their peers about having fun in the buff.

    "We don't want the place to turn into a gated assisted living facility," said Gordon Adams, membership director at Solair Recreation League, a nudist camp in northeastern Connecticut that recently invited students from dozens of New England schools to a college day in hopes of piquing their interest.

    The median age is 55 at Solair, where a yearly membership is $500 for people older than 40, $300 for people younger than 40 and $150 for college students.

    The Kissimee, Florida-based American Association for Nude Recreation, which represents about 270 clubs and resorts in North America, estimates that more than 90 percent of its 50,000 members are older than 35.

    "If a young person is enlightened enough to go to a beach or resort, they'll find that they're outnumbered by people who are not like them," said Sam Miller, 32, a medical student in Riverside, California, who is helping to plan a youth ambassadors workshop being held next month in Orlando, Florida. "Oftentimes they won't go back for that reason."

    No one is quite sure why nudity, at least the organized version promoted by the AANR and similar groups, is such a tough sell for younger people.

    "I think people think that we're all hippies," said Laura Groezinger, 22, of Billerica, Massachusetts, who grew up visiting Solair with her family. "Other people, I don't know the right way to say this, but they think it's more sexual, kind of. They don't understand just the being free with your body and being comfortable."

    Money is also an issue. As nudist resorts become increasingly upscale, catering to baby boomers and retirees with plenty of disposable income, they're less affordable for college students and young families.

    "There's a financial barrier, and I think it's important for resorts, if they want young people around, to recognize that and cater to them with discounts or free days," Miller said.

    Only a handful of students attended Solair's recent college event, held on an overcast 60-degree day that prompted many to bundle up in sweaters rather than shed their clothes. But camp members such as Robyn Maguire, 27, of Manchester, Connecticut, said they plan to try again.

    "I hope to get the word out to younger people that hey, it is OK, and here's a safe place to be, a very accepting place," Maguire said. "Unlike any other place in life, people actually look at you when they talk to you."
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

    www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

  2. #2
    Top Of The World
    racefan8's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.27.05
    Age
    38
    Location
    To Hell and back ~ 26.2 miles
    Posts
    3,515
    Posts Per Day
    0.63
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Ya know, there's nothing like the feeling of sunshine and a warm breeze on bare skin. Why do you think toddlers prefer to run around naked? Naked is goooooooood
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

  3. #3
    Banned!
    Kimmie5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.27.07
    Location
    At my house
    Posts
    7,262
    Posts Per Day
    1.48
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

    See above
    Last Online

    08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen View Post
    Nudist camps reach out to the young and buff
    POSTED: 8:36 a.m. EDT, May 14, 2007
    Story Highlights
    Nudist camps are seeking young members
    Discounts on membership fees offered to under 30 set
    American Association for Nude Recreation has 50,000 members
    90 percent of them are over age 35

    WOODSTOCK, Connecticut (AP) -- Here's the naked truth about nude recreation: The people who practice it aren't getting any younger.

    To draw 20- and 30-somethings, nudist groups and camps are trying everything from deep discounts on membership fees to a young ambassador program that encourages college and graduate students to talk to their peers about having fun in the buff.

    "We don't want the place to turn into a gated assisted living facility," said Gordon Adams, membership director at Solair Recreation League, a nudist camp in northeastern Connecticut that recently invited students from dozens of New England schools to a college day in hopes of piquing their interest.

    The median age is 55 at Solair, where a yearly membership is $500 for people older than 40, $300 for people younger than 40 and $150 for college students.

    The Kissimee, Florida-based American Association for Nude Recreation, which represents about 270 clubs and resorts in North America, estimates that more than 90 percent of its 50,000 members are older than 35.

    "If a young person is enlightened enough to go to a beach or resort, they'll find that they're outnumbered by people who are not like them," said Sam Miller, 32, a medical student in Riverside, California, who is helping to plan a youth ambassadors workshop being held next month in Orlando, Florida. "Oftentimes they won't go back for that reason."

    No one is quite sure why nudity, at least the organized version promoted by the AANR and similar groups, is such a tough sell for younger people.

    "I think people think that we're all hippies," said Laura Groezinger, 22, of Billerica, Massachusetts, who grew up visiting Solair with her family. "Other people, I don't know the right way to say this, but they think it's more sexual, kind of. They don't understand just the being free with your body and being comfortable."

    Money is also an issue. As nudist resorts become increasingly upscale, catering to baby boomers and retirees with plenty of disposable income, they're less affordable for college students and young families.

    "There's a financial barrier, and I think it's important for resorts, if they want young people around, to recognize that and cater to them with discounts or free days," Miller said.

    Only a handful of students attended Solair's recent college event, held on an overcast 60-degree day that prompted many to bundle up in sweaters rather than shed their clothes. But camp members such as Robyn Maguire, 27, of Manchester, Connecticut, said they plan to try again.

    "I hope to get the word out to younger people that hey, it is OK, and here's a safe place to be, a very accepting place," Maguire said. "Unlike any other place in life, people actually look at you when they talk to you."


    Ok, let's just be honest here. I'm a personal trainer and there are a lot of buff people at the gym I work at, but I have no desire to see any of the guys there or anywhere nude, no matter how hot they are. For me personally, I think it's much more attractive to leave some things covered, it would be bad enough to see someone in good physical condition nude, but it would be worse to see someone who is not. If I ever saw my dad or brothers nude, I think I would be scarred for life.

  4. #4
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    51
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,994
    Posts Per Day
    3.37
    Last Online

    01.02.20 @ 04:20 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    591
    Thanks (Received)
    1042

    Default

    Of course, since this place is VERY local to me... I'll add that not only is Sesame Street's Big Bird is a member here, he's an owner...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

  5. #5
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.07.03
    Age
    50
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    5,867
    Posts Per Day
    0.94
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    07.28.20 @ 02:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    77
    Thanks (Received)
    55


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    You can't tell me those old guys don't pop a boner just like every other guy in this world. Or at least, they want to.

    Yeah, I know, it's all just purity and freedom. What's the real reason they want the younger membership? Because they're young and naked, that's why!

    Talk about "livin' libido loco"

  6. #6
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    32,014
    Posts Per Day
    5.29
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 08:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    180
    Likes (Received)
    112
    Thanks (Given)
    110
    Thanks (Received)
    88


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableWell-LikedPic Poster
    Awards:
    The Social Butterfly

    Default

    "Young" and "Naked"......two great tastes that go great together.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum
    lowlifeflatheadscum@yahoo.com

    ibenderguitars.com - Official Sponsor of K-SCUM Radio

    "There's a big storm comin'.....and I think I know her name."

  7. #7
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Nostalgia Act's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.05.06
    Location
    there's a sleepy town
    Posts
    9,976
    Posts Per Day
    1.97
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

    07.10.20 @ 03:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    89
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    2043


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    QUOTE=Red;778889]You can't tell me those old guys don't pop a boner just like every other guy in this world. Or at least, they want to.

    Yeah, I know, it's all just purity and freedom. What's the real reason they want the younger membership? Because they're young and naked, that's why!

    Talk about "livin' libido loco"[/QUOTE]


    Lol. He said " pop a boner"
    Last edited by Nostalgia Act; 05.14.07 at 07:36 PM.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

    I love coffee and sarcasm.

    RJD \m/


    Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

  8. #8
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    56
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Posts Per Day
    1.16
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    2

    Default

    I have..uh..hung out on a nude beach in a while but I used to.

    75% old people (often retired Navy)

    70% Male (50% of them are gay)

    80% not so good looking naked

    10% look better naked

    10% make the day at the beach worth the hassle of driving though Santa Cruz and shelling out $10 worth it.

    Best time of year to go:

    Just after School lets out for Summer and Labor Day weekend before school starts. Why? Because you can count on groups of highschool grads (groups of 5 to 7 18 year-old females) who want to do something "Crazy". The best part is that the ugly ones chicken out.

    Good times.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

  9. #9
    no stinkin click!
    muffdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.02
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    7,761
    Posts Per Day
    1.16
    Favorite VH Album

    all
    Favorite VH Song

    strung out....
    Last Online

    02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    9


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    I heard that a guy went to the beach and got his sausage half lopped off from a hungry crab while he was tanning......very dangerous if ya ask me...

  10. #10
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    56
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Posts Per Day
    1.16
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muffdiver View Post
    I heard that a guy went to the beach and got his sausage half lopped off from a hungry crab while he was tanning......very dangerous if ya ask me...
    Nah, the trickiest part is putting on sun-screen. Not enough and you get a nasty burn, but applying enought lotion to your member can cause you ...uh.. raise the flag-pole. If you're a chick and you're over a C-cup, rubbing on too much lotion for too long can cause collateral boners for up to 70 yards in every direction. That's just cruel.

    Note: Sudden exposure to cold water can cause an erection. That's how I was able to determin the percentage of gay dudes.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

  11. #11
    Top Of The World

    Join Date
    10.19.03
    Location
    Lees Summit, MO
    Posts
    3,604
    Posts Per Day
    0.58
    Last Online

    09.18.20 @ 10:43 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10
    Thanks (Given)
    14
    Thanks (Received)
    89

    Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen View Post
    "I think people think that we're all hippies," said Laura Groezinger, 22, of Billerica, Massachusetts, who grew up visiting Solair with her family. "Other people, I don't know the right way to say this, but they think it's more sexual, kind of. They don't understand just the being free with your body and being comfortable."
    Damn hippies lol

  12. #12
    Banned!
    Kimmie5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.27.07
    Location
    At my house
    Posts
    7,262
    Posts Per Day
    1.48
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

    See above
    Last Online

    08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    Nah, the trickiest part is putting on sun-screen. Not enough and you get a nasty burn, but applying enought lotion to your member can cause you ...uh.. raise the flag-pole. If you're a chick and you're over a C-cup, rubbing on too much lotion for too long can cause collateral boners for up to 70 yards in every direction. That's just cruel.

    Note: Sudden exposure to cold water can cause an erection. That's how I was able to determin the percentage of gay dudes.


    lol

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. HELP VAN HALEN REACH TOP 500!
    By Lodewijk5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01.16.07, 04:20 AM
  2. Reach down...between my KEGS...
    By Top Timmy in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 1642
    Last Post: 01.14.03, 12:55 PM
  3. Who will be the next band to reach legendary status?
    By Panama Dog in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02.11.02, 08:11 AM
  4. buff out scuff marks on a guitar body?
    By tribb in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05.03.01, 12:33 PM
  5. I doubt it, but to reach the masses..........
    By Rat Salad in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12.11.00, 06:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •