New Guitar Legends Mag (VH quotes)
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Sinner's Swing!
    bjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.18.05
    Posts
    964
    Posts Per Day
    0.16
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    32
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    186

    Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default New Guitar Legends Mag (VH quotes)

    Just picked the new Guitar legends magazine. It's about the history of hard rock. VH has a section, along with Black Sabbath, Kiss, AC/DC, GN'R, etc.. Pretty cool read about the early club days. It's got a bunch of quotes from Eddie, Alex, and Michael. Plus Gene Simmons talks about the demo they did with him and stuff. I think the Eddie bits are taken from other interviews, but there's suprising a lot of Alex quotes. And not suprisingly, he manages to get a jab in at Dave in every other sentence. I haven't seen these quotes, but I doubt they're recent. Alex wouldn't come out of his bomb shelter just to do a little ol' interview would he?

  2. #2
    Bullethead
    Rebel67's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.31.02
    Age
    53
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    354
    Posts Per Day
    0.05
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1 Thru 1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.17.09 @ 10:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    It's a good article with lots of rare info on the early days. Some of the band's school buddies are talking about seeing Ed and Al during their "Genesis Days", and backyard parties. Plus it's interesting that Rocking Rodney got Gene Simmons to see them at the Starwood, after getting VH the gig. That guy had a huge influence in LA. I really enjoyed the article. It was more than the usual pictures and rehash.

  3. #3
    Bullethead
    Berseker's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.16.04
    Posts
    383
    Posts Per Day
    0.06
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    I'll Wait, Tora Tora/LOC
    Last Online

    01.06.12 @ 02:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Haaa, I think it is the same article that was featured in the issue with Zakk and Dime on the cover dressed in combat pants and shirts...

  4. #4
    I'm The One
    ED-A-HOLIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.11.01
    Age
    46
    Location
    MEXICO CITY
    Posts
    2,994
    Posts Per Day
    0.42
    Favorite VH Album

    The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

    The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Likes (Given)
    55
    Likes (Received)
    39
    Thanks (Given)
    247
    Thanks (Received)
    84

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableWell-Liked

    Default

    who's on the cover?
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

    "Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and Ive got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

    WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

  5. #5
    Sinner's Swing!
    bjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.18.05
    Posts
    964
    Posts Per Day
    0.16
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    32
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    186

    Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ED-A-HOLIC View Post
    who's on the cover?
    It's a bunch of people. Angus Young, Eddie, Cobain, Hetfield, Paige, then a bunch of smaller pictures of varoius guitarists over the years. I've only read the VH article so far, but it's a pretty cool retrospective of the different eras of hard rock by the decades. 70's arena rock, 80's hair bands, 90's grunge, and 00's detuned/ 7 string shit. It kind of shows how music evolves and I've kind of noticed that each era of music seems to kind of be a reaction to the last era. When one "trend" wears out, a new one is there to shovel dirt on it and do it's thing.

  6. #6
    Bullethead
    Rebel67's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.31.02
    Age
    53
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    354
    Posts Per Day
    0.05
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1 Thru 1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.17.09 @ 10:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berseker View Post
    Haaa, I think it is the same article that was featured in the issue with Zakk and Dime on the cover dressed in combat pants and shirts...
    Naaa, it's not the same. That one had good pictures though, but same old rehash.

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing!
    JasonG5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.04
    Age
    33
    Location
    Mebane, NC
    Posts
    996
    Posts Per Day
    0.16
    Favorite VH Album

    ou812, VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Cabo Wabo, Light up the Sky
    Last Online

    07.11.07 @ 10:15 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    It's a bunch of people. Angus Young, Eddie, Cobain, Hetfield, Paige, then a bunch of smaller pictures of varoius guitarists over the years. I've only read the VH article so far, but it's a pretty cool retrospective of the different eras of hard rock by the decades. 70's arena rock, 80's hair bands, 90's grunge, and 00's detuned/ 7 string shit. It kind of shows how music evolves and I've kind of noticed that each era of music seems to kind of be a reaction to the last era. When one "trend" wears out, a new one is there to shovel dirt on it and do it's thing.
    KURT COBAIN?? HAHAHAHAHAHA HE SUCKS!!!
    Rice Burner

    1.The ability to "trick out" your moms civic with high end parts from the automotive section in your local SUPERwal-mart. (watch out for those falling prices!)

    2.Any low end "import" with a foldgers coffee can for a muffler...(the best part of waking up...is foldgers in your cup!)

    3.Usually your average 4 cylinder, front wheel drive car with a park bench for a "spoiler"

  8. #8
    Sinner's Swing!
    bjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.18.05
    Posts
    964
    Posts Per Day
    0.16
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    32
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    186

    Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    I won't say Cobain sucks. I get what his band did at the time. Just kind of funny that he didn't become a "genius" 'till he offed himself. I didn't mind Nirvana and the "grunge" bands, I just kind of resented what they stood for. The whole "us versus them" attitude that those bands had. All of a sudden, any band around before 1991-92 became "hair bands". Then you had the second rate knock-offs that followed. I'm sorry, but I'd personally rather see someone knock off Eddie Van Halen than Kurt Cobain. At least the Eddie wannabees could tune their damn guitar.

  9. #9
    Sinner's Swing!
    JasonG5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.04
    Age
    33
    Location
    Mebane, NC
    Posts
    996
    Posts Per Day
    0.16
    Favorite VH Album

    ou812, VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Cabo Wabo, Light up the Sky
    Last Online

    07.11.07 @ 10:15 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    I won't say Cobain sucks. I get what his band did at the time. Just kind of funny that he didn't become a "genius" 'till he offed himself. I didn't mind Nirvana and the "grunge" bands, I just kind of resented what they stood for. The whole "us versus them" attitude that those bands had. All of a sudden, any band around before 1991-92 became "hair bands". Then you had the second rate knock-offs that followed. I'm sorry, but I'd personally rather see someone knock off Eddie Van Halen than Kurt Cobain. At least the Eddie wannabees could tune their damn guitar.
    knock off eddie he's still the best!
    Rice Burner

    1.The ability to "trick out" your moms civic with high end parts from the automotive section in your local SUPERwal-mart. (watch out for those falling prices!)

    2.Any low end "import" with a foldgers coffee can for a muffler...(the best part of waking up...is foldgers in your cup!)

    3.Usually your average 4 cylinder, front wheel drive car with a park bench for a "spoiler"

  10. #10
    Take Your Whiskey Home

    Join Date
    06.17.03
    Age
    33
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    7,074
    Posts Per Day
    1.08
    Favorite VH Album

    You name it
    Favorite VH Song

    See above
    Last Online

    06.16.21 @ 04:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    26
    Thanks (Given)
    212
    Thanks (Received)
    178

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    Just picked the new Guitar legends magazine. It's about the history of hard rock. VH has a section, along with Black Sabbath, Kiss, AC/DC, GN'R, etc.. Pretty cool read about the early club days. It's got a bunch of quotes from Eddie, Alex, and Michael. Plus Gene Simmons talks about the demo they did with him and stuff. I think the Eddie bits are taken from other interviews, but there's suprising a lot of Alex quotes. And not suprisingly, he manages to get a jab in at Dave in every other sentence. I haven't seen these quotes, but I doubt they're recent. Alex wouldn't come out of his bomb shelter just to do a little ol' interview would he?
    He wouldn't come out of his bombshell to go to the grocery store.

  11. #11
    Hot For Teacher
    Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    12,237
    Posts Per Day
    1.56
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 11:50 AM
    Likes (Given)
    607
    Likes (Received)
    635
    Thanks (Given)
    2792
    Thanks (Received)
    2297

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    By quoting old VH interview, u could make the guys say any possible combination of things:

    1) Sammy's great, Dave sucks
    2) Dave is great, Sammy's got LSD
    3) Gary's an angel, Dave and Sam are liars
    4) There's no problem with Sam, Gary was a mistake, Dave is crazy
    5) Dave is ok, Sam sells tequila.
    6) I'm going to rehab

    (all these are pretty much direct quote from the band!)
    Little Dreamer

  12. #12
    I'll Wait
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    50,862
    Posts Per Day
    9.48
    Last Online

    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    759
    Likes (Received)
    2439
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    7) I don't feel like I've acomplished anything, I feel like I'm just gettig started.

    -Eddie

  13. #13
    Runnin' With The Devil
    F'nRockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.01.02
    Age
    48
    Location
    CLEVELAND
    Posts
    1,502
    Posts Per Day
    0.21
    Favorite VH Album

    fuck
    Favorite VH Song

    panama
    Last Online

    10.23.18 @ 09:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    17

    Default

    That's a huge pile.

    He will be lucky to accomplish 5 new songs that compare to anything he did before III.

    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

    Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

  14. #14
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    8,902
    Posts Per Day
    1.69
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    H A I L
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:08 AM
    Likes (Given)
    323
    Likes (Received)
    524
    Thanks (Given)
    1600
    Thanks (Received)
    2177

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

    Default

    I just saw the Guitar Legends "Hair Bands" Issue.

    It does some interesting quotes from the band members and those around them, especially during the club days, and for the recording of the first album.

    My favorite quote was about Dave: "He never sung more than one line at a time during the recording, and that's why he had such a hard time live.... singing the whole song all at once".....

    That's not an exact quote.... That's the way I, remember it!
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

  15. #15
    Hot For Teacher

    Join Date
    03.15.03
    Location
    US of America
    Posts
    13,026
    Posts Per Day
    1.95
    Favorite VH Album

    =VH= II
    Last Online

    06.10.21 @ 08:43 PM
    Likes (Given)
    729
    Likes (Received)
    1031
    Thanks (Given)
    3055
    Thanks (Received)
    3104

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    7) I don't feel like I've acomplished anything, I feel like I'm just gettig started.

    -Eddie
    LOL Ed's so fkn delusional anymore.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Could This Be Magic? Guitar World Quotes from Eddie
    By Dance The Night Away in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 12.16.06, 03:50 AM
  2. Eddie On Cover Of Guitar Legends Photo Issue
    By Axxman300 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05.24.06, 06:58 AM
  3. X-Men Legends
    By Panama Dog in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02.17.05, 07:40 PM
  4. Urban legends........
    By Dennis in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12.21.01, 07:57 PM
  5. VH1 Legends
    By seenbad in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07.13.01, 11:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •