Van Halen Rules!!!!
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Little Dreamer

    Join Date
    03.13.07
    Posts
    4
    Posts Per Day
    0.00
    Last Online

    03.13.07 @ 06:23 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Van Halen Rules!!!!

    My Name is Jack Carey, I'm 37 yrs old. I'm from Buffalo NY. I started to listen to Van Halen in 1978 because my Mom wouldn't let me listen to KISS (cuz they were evil) lol. I waited for this day - the ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME! Well, the front video was great, mike and Sam being generous and Loving was great. But Velvet Revolver sucked Ass!!!!! WTF?! I feel let down.
    Van Halen helped me when I was beaten as a child- I always had the music to make me feel better. I don't wanna be a "debbie downer" but these Men really helped me. I met Edward later on, thru my own band and working with Jim Kelly's "Hunter's Hope" foundation. Named for his Son Hunter.
    Ed handed me a wolfgang and said- "here- this is for you" - I asked, why? He say's - "just cuz" - and lit a smoke, one of mine BTW. lol
    I wish Ed all the luck in the world fixing what he needs fixing. God Bless Edward- we'll keep the candle burnin' and fuck the hall of "fame".


  2. #2
    Big Bad Bill
    Spool's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.25.04
    Age
    53
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,233
    Posts Per Day
    0.20
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    07.13.21 @ 12:02 AM
    Likes (Given)
    15
    Likes (Received)
    16
    Thanks (Given)
    222
    Thanks (Received)
    88


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Padawan Praiser15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableWell-Liked

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackievanlee View Post
    My Name is Jack Carey, I'm 37 yrs old. I'm from Buffalo NY. I started to listen to Van Halen in 1978 because my Mom wouldn't let me listen to KISS (cuz they were evil) lol. I waited for this day - the ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME! Well, the front video was great, mike and Sam being generous and Loving was great. But Velvet Revolver sucked Ass!!!!! WTF?! I feel let down.
    Van Halen helped me when I was beaten as a child- I always had the music to make me feel better. I don't wanna be a "debbie downer" but these Men really helped me. I met Edward later on, thru my own band and working with Jim Kelly's "Hunter's Hope" foundation. Named for his Son Hunter.
    Ed handed me a wolfgang and said- "here- this is for you" - I asked, why? He say's - "just cuz" - and lit a smoke, one of mine BTW. lol
    I wish Ed all the luck in the world fixing what he needs fixing. God Bless Edward- we'll keep the candle burnin' and fuck the hall of "fame".


    Awesome little story and memory you have. As you said its all about the MUSIC and thats all!

  3. #3
    Little Dreamer

    Join Date
    03.13.07
    Posts
    4
    Posts Per Day
    0.00
    Last Online

    03.13.07 @ 06:23 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default yup

    Music is everything-

  4. #4
    Big Bad Bill
    Model Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    50
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,070
    Posts Per Day
    0.17
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained..
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    164
    Likes (Received)
    201
    Thanks (Given)
    221
    Thanks (Received)
    282

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackievanlee View Post
    My Name is Jack Carey, I'm 37 yrs old. I'm from Buffalo NY. I started to listen to Van Halen in 1978 because my Mom wouldn't let me listen to KISS (cuz they were evil) lol.
    Do you also live in a van, down by the river?

  5. #5
    Little Dreamer

    Join Date
    03.13.07
    Posts
    4
    Posts Per Day
    0.00
    Last Online

    03.13.07 @ 06:23 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Yupper

    Quote Originally Posted by bottagetta View Post
    Do you also live in a van, down by the river?
    And could you please pick up your Mom- she's annoying me

    at first I was angry at your post - but I think it's great that the mentally impaired are welcomed here, good for you!

  6. #6
    Big Bad Bill
    Model Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    50
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,070
    Posts Per Day
    0.17
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained..
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    164
    Likes (Received)
    201
    Thanks (Given)
    221
    Thanks (Received)
    282

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackievanlee View Post
    And could you please pick up your Mom- she's annoying me

    at first I was angry at your post - but I think it's great that the mentally impaired are welcomed here, good for you!

    Dude, did you not notice the smiley? It's called a joke. Nothing like getting flamed by a newb..

  7. #7
    Niners Fan!
    SactoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.00
    Age
    51
    Location
    The Tiki Bar...
    Posts
    9,524
    Posts Per Day
    1.21
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    0


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    ok...welcome aboard...good story. You'll want to use existing threads so you can get to know other linkers...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Van Halen - MTV's Road Rules
    By jimmy in forum Van Halen On The Tube
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11.23.06, 08:58 PM
  2. This guy rules
    By EVHWolf in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06.13.06, 01:20 PM
  3. What Song did Van Halen Perform on Road Rules '95 on MTV?
    By DeepInConversation in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04.09.06, 04:25 PM
  4. VH on road rules
    By topik killer in forum Van Halen 101
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03.12.01, 05:04 AM
  5. UnRadio Rules!
    By Astrobond in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08.23.00, 01:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •