MTVS LOST WEEKEND W/VH
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    5150
    TonyButrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.03
    Age
    55
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    534
    Posts Per Day
    0.08
    Favorite VH Album

    ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

    TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

    03.03.07 @ 08:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default MTVS LOST WEEKEND W/VH

    I got a hold of the winners phone number . I thought I would ask some people here if I should just tell him to sign up here.And tell us about his experiance with VH.Thought it would be pretty cool to here his story in depth! I cant believe the guys not here..Anyway before i call him tonight what do you guys think..
    Tony

  2. #2
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    30,691
    Posts Per Day
    4.96
    Last Online

    10.18.20 @ 12:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    247
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    5115


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyButrico View Post
    I got a hold of the winners phone number . I thought I would ask some people here if I should just tell him to sign up here.And tell us about his experiance with VH.Thought it would be pretty cool to here his story in depth! I cant believe the guys not here..Anyway before i call him tonight what do you guys think..
    Stalking not recommended. Out of the blue call from a complete stranger to come sign up at a VH website?

    Nah.

    Besides, the Lost Weekend bootleg pretty much covers that guy's story.

  3. #3
    5150
    TonyButrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.03
    Age
    55
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    534
    Posts Per Day
    0.08
    Favorite VH Album

    ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

    TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

    03.03.07 @ 08:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Stalking not recommended. Out of the blue call from a complete stranger to come sign up at a VH website?

    Nah.

    Besides, the Lost Weekend bootleg pretty much covers that guy's story.

    Well buddy I did not consider it stalking,I figured one fan from another to the inside on the experiance is all was seeking.I guess you are right though.
    Peace,close if you like
    Tony

  4. #4
    Big Bad Bill
    VHwasCoolestWithDLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.10.00
    Age
    44
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,023
    Posts Per Day
    0.14
    Favorite VH Album

    All of em
    Favorite VH Song

    Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

    01.08.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    Hell, what do you have to lose? More than likely he would be flattered that someone would want to talk to him about it and would probably be pretty excited to talk about it. Maybe if you called him and talked dirty to him or peeped in his windows then i could see him getting upset, but with the subject being his experience partying with van halen, i dont see any harm. I say go for it!

  5. #5
    Hot For Teacher
    Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    11,866
    Posts Per Day
    1.55
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Likes (Given)
    351
    Likes (Received)
    366
    Thanks (Given)
    2792
    Thanks (Received)
    2297

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King
    Since the VH Bros are not commenting the RNRHOF nomination, it's that guy's DUTY to talk to you on the phone and give you his point of view.
    Little Dreamer

  6. #6
    Eruption
    mikewails's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.06
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    296
    Posts Per Day
    0.05
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Cabo Wabo-House of Pain
    Last Online

    05.07.12 @ 08:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Roll of the dice. If he's cool, I'd like to hear his view. Some people (I admit, myself included) would think it's odd.
    MTV ruined music!

  7. #7
    5150
    TonyButrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.03
    Age
    55
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    534
    Posts Per Day
    0.08
    Favorite VH Album

    ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

    TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

    03.03.07 @ 08:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewails View Post
    Roll of the dice. If he's cool, I'd like to hear his view. Some people (I admit, myself included) would think it's odd.
    Im simply going to call the gent and simply ask him if he is still a fan? and has he ever been here? and if he wants to post his experiance here that would be great,damn I aint doing anything that know magazine or tabloid wouldnt do.
    Tony

  8. #8
    Eruption
    mikewails's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.06
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    296
    Posts Per Day
    0.05
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Cabo Wabo-House of Pain
    Last Online

    05.07.12 @ 08:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyButrico View Post
    Im simply going to call the gent and simply ask him if he is still a fan? and has he ever been here? and if he wants to post his experiance here that would be great,damn I aint doing anything that know magazine or tabloid wouldnt do.
    If you decide to, then cool, but it's almost kinda like having a salesperson call. Maybe if you got his address, a letter might be better. (Or e-mail) Just my opinion my sunshine state brotha! GO BUCS!
    MTV ruined music!

  9. #9
    Big Bad Bill
    Bugs Meanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.15.05
    Age
    49
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    1,201
    Posts Per Day
    0.22
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    81
    Likes (Received)
    11
    Thanks (Given)
    247
    Thanks (Received)
    32


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyButrico View Post
    Im simply going to call the gent and simply ask him if he is still a fan? and has he ever been here? and if he wants to post his experiance here that would be great,damn I aint doing anything that know magazine or tabloid wouldnt do.
    I know The Inside Magazine did a huge feature on this guy that I thought was very well written and informative. All kinds of stories about strippers and debauchery as to what happened to the winner and his buddy that weekend. The next issue of the Inside was filled with all kinds of retractions from the winner of the orignial story saying, I'm paraphrasing, "I never did this and I never did that". This has me thinking he may not really want to come out again to relive it (for whatever reason).

    Can anyone back me up on this? Or post the article from the Inside?

  10. #10
    5150
    TonyButrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.03
    Age
    55
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    534
    Posts Per Day
    0.08
    Favorite VH Album

    ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

    TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

    03.03.07 @ 08:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewails View Post
    If you decide to, then cool, but it's almost kinda like having a salesperson call. Maybe if you got his address, a letter might be better. (Or e-mail) Just my opinion my sunshine state brotha! GO BUCS!
    I just called on the fly and he called me back and seemed by the msg he left me he would be happy to chat about it.To me it was a big deal at the time i remmeber sending like $56 worth of postage to try to win.At that time it was huge give away! Those were the days! really they were!
    yeah like some of us im still stuck in the 80s!
    Tony

  11. #11
    5150
    TonyButrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.03
    Age
    55
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    534
    Posts Per Day
    0.08
    Favorite VH Album

    ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

    TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

    03.03.07 @ 08:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Meanie View Post
    I know The Inside Magazine did a huge feature on this guy that I thought was very well written and informative. All kinds of stories about strippers and debauchery as to what happened to the winner and his buddy that weekend. The next issue of the Inside was filled with all kinds of retractions from the winner of the orignial story saying, I'm paraphrasing, "I never did this and I never did that". This has me thinking he may not really want to come out again to relive it (for whatever reason).

    Can anyone back me up on this? Or post the article from the Inside?

    Gonna dig that issue out.Would not be any reason to bother the guy than.
    If the Inside did an interview with him allready.
    Tony

  12. #12
    The Full Bug

    Join Date
    03.25.00
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    1,776
    Posts Per Day
    0.24
    Last Online

    Today @ 07:29 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    134
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    444

    Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    Yeah, I always wondered why the writers made up all the extra stuff. It made me think twice about that magazine. Sort of like, "What else are they lying about?"
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

  13. #13
    Big Bad Bill
    Bugs Meanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.15.05
    Age
    49
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    1,201
    Posts Per Day
    0.22
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    81
    Likes (Received)
    11
    Thanks (Given)
    247
    Thanks (Received)
    32


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
    Yeah, I always wondered why the writers made up all the extra stuff. It made me think twice about that magazine. Sort of like, "What else are they lying about?"
    Yeah, either that or it was all true and the winner caught all kinds of BS from his wife, girlfriend, boss or whatever. Maybe Jeff Hausmann (sp?), Brad or Brett would know. I'm going to try to dig that old issue out. I remember reading that interview at the time and wishing I had won that contest all over again. Then, next issue, all the X-Files-like retractions at the back of the magazine.

  14. #14
    Mean Street

    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    48,038
    Posts Per Day
    9.30
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    364
    Likes (Received)
    1572
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834

    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyButrico View Post
    Im simply going to call the gent and simply ask him if he is still a fan?
    If a present fan calls a past fan, will a future fan answer?

  15. #15
    The Full Bug
    belikemike's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.06
    Age
    51
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,914
    Posts Per Day
    0.36
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    18
    Likes (Received)
    38
    Thanks (Given)
    34
    Thanks (Received)
    192


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld GuardVHLinks Proud!Padawan Praiser

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyButrico View Post
    I just called on the fly and he called me back and seemed by the msg he left me he would be happy to chat about it.To me it was a big deal at the time i remmeber sending like $56 worth of postage to try to win.At that time it was huge give away! Those were the days! really they were!
    yeah like some of us im still stuck in the 80s!

    wow, he's a helluva lot nicer than i am, i guess. if some guy called that didn't know me asking about something like that that, well, let's just say there wouldn't be a conversation.
    but that's cool, to each their own.
    SOME VH LINKS CLASSICS


    "Sammy is fat, Dave is bald, Mike is next in line to be the Pope, Eddie is a drunk, Wolfie is fat, Gary is gay, CVH is VH, Mike is VH, Sammy can outsing Dave on a tequilla hangover, Eddie is a meth head, How Many Say I is the worst VH song ever, Up for Breakfast is a close second, Dave was horrible at radio and everybody hates the assless chaps.
    Ok I think that covers everything." Ziggysmalls

    "I sense that some of our newer passengers may be nervous due to the sudden turbulence. Please be seated, this is simply a normal part of the periodic ride.
    I didn't say we'll get to the destination, but until Alex comes out a says what a complete waste of carbon DLR is, we're still climbing, so strap yourselves in.
    Those of you who have been on this ride before, the hottie in the mini will be around shortly with your drinks......." Red

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. MTVs Fanatic with VH
    By space4rent5150 in forum Van Halen On The Tube
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.20.06, 11:07 PM
  2. MTV Lost Weekend Special
    By chippertheripper in forum Bootleg Network
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11.07.02, 01:06 PM
  3. USA Weekend.........
    By Don Kirschner Fan in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04.21.02, 02:17 PM
  4. download the "Lost Weekend" commercial
    By Spock in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11.03.00, 03:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •