Does Mike even get to perform at the hall of fame induction??
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Little Dreamer

    Join Date
    03.20.04
    Posts
    2
    Posts Per Day
    0.00
    Last Online

    04.26.08 @ 11:53 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Does Mike even get to perform at the hall of fame induction??

    I would hope that Mike is at least allowed the chance to perform at thr R&R Hall of fame induction. That would be at least the recognition of what started the success and a small honor for Mike.

    Anyone feel different?

  2. #2
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    onefootoutthedoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.15.01
    Age
    45
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    8,033
    Posts Per Day
    1.14
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 11:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    I would hope that Mike is at least allowed the chance to perform at thr R&R Hall of fame induction. That would be at least the recognition of what started the success and a small honor for Mike.

    Anyone feel different?


    Of course that's what you feel! Why else would you have waited sooooo long to post your feelings here at the Links? Way to work up the courage, sporto!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Big Bad Bill
    Darby's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.02.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,084
    Posts Per Day
    0.16
    Last Online

    02.09.21 @ 09:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    11
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    4

    Achievements:
    25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Mike is a founding member of Van Halen whether Ed likes it or not. He will definitely be there performing. That will be the last time CVH performs unless Dave puts his foot down. The weird thing about all of this is that the ball is truly in Roth's court. If Dave says "I ain't goin' out on the road without Mike", What's Ed gonna do? Continue to shit in the fans mouth as he's done for the last 8 years or suck it up and have Mike there? I'll actually feel bad for Wolfgang if he tours with the reformed Van Halen. The fans will not be kind. I can already see him being viciously booed off the stage and Eddie running out bitching at the fans to give him a chance.

  4. #4
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    onefootoutthedoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.15.01
    Age
    45
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    8,033
    Posts Per Day
    1.14
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 11:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darby View Post
    Mike is a founding member of Van Halen whether Ed likes it or not. He will definitely be there performing. That will be the last time CVH performs unless Dave puts his foot down. The weird thing about all of this is that the ball is truly in Roth's court. If Dave says "I ain't goin' out on the road without Mike", What's Ed gonna do? Continue to shit in the fans mouth as he's done for the last 8 years or suck it up and have Mike there? I'll actually feel bad for Wolfgang if he tours with the reformed Van Halen. The fans will not be kind. I can already see him being viciously booed off the stage and Eddie running out bitching at the fans to give him a chance.





    Unless you go to the show with JINY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Take Your Whiskey Home

    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    45
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Posts Per Day
    1.24
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 09:03 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    I would hope that Mike is at least allowed the chance to perform at thr R&R Hall of fame induction. That would be at least the recognition of what started the success and a small honor for Mike.

    Anyone feel different?
    Is this a new subject? How could we have missed talking about this up until now?

    Eddie, Alex, Mike, Dave, and Sammy are the ones to be inducted as Van Halen should they be voted in. The guys aren't so dense they don't know what the fans want to see. If those five aren't on stage performing together for the one-and-only time, well... That'll pretty much be the cap on the bottle of one of the most poorly maintained living legacies there's ever been in music.

  6. #6
    Big Bad Bill
    Darby's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.02.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,084
    Posts Per Day
    0.16
    Last Online

    02.09.21 @ 09:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    11
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    4

    Achievements:
    25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Is this a new subject? How could we have missed talking about this up until now?

    Eddie, Alex, Mike, Dave, and Sammy are the ones to be inducted as Van Halen should they be voted in. The guys aren't so dense they don't know what the fans want to see. If those five aren't on stage performing together for the one-and-only time, well... That'll pretty much be the cap on the bottle of one of the most poorly maintained living legacies there's ever been in music.
    I blame Eddie. He royaly fucked that band straight into the ground. Eddie is like an articulated bus driver at the helm of a Boeing 777.

  7. #7
    Take Your Whiskey Home

    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    45
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Posts Per Day
    1.24
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 09:03 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darby View Post
    I blame Eddie. He royaly fucked that band straight into the ground. Eddie is like an articulated bus driver at the helm of a Boeing 777.
    VH just needed to be managed, because no one within VH had the ability to handle all of the important decisions required to keep up with a band of their caliber. The beginning of the end for VH was when Ed Leffler died in '93. They could've been one of the recording and touring biggies right now, not unlike The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and others in that vein. VH, however, may have still be producing new music we'd want to hear live. That is of course speculation, just like 96.6% of everything else on this board.

  8. #8
    I'm The One
    the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.04
    Location
    Jersey- Home of the Devils
    Posts
    2,773
    Posts Per Day
    0.45
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

    02.15.21 @ 10:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    4

    Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    I would hope that Mike is at least allowed the chance to perform at thr R&R Hall of fame induction. That would be at least the recognition of what started the success and a small honor for Mike.

    Anyone feel different?
    MA's not in the band anymore?

  9. #9
    Light Up The Sky
    Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    20,376
    Posts Per Day
    2.64
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Likes (Given)
    542
    Likes (Received)
    547
    Thanks (Given)
    3357
    Thanks (Received)
    2409

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    No doubt, Mike should be on stage with them playing at the RNRHOF inductions. He was/is an important piece of the Van Halen machine.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  10. #10
    I'm The One
    the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.04
    Location
    Jersey- Home of the Devils
    Posts
    2,773
    Posts Per Day
    0.45
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

    02.15.21 @ 10:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    4

    Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    No doubt, Mike should be on stage with them playing at the RNRHOF inductions. He was/is an important piece of the Van Halen machine.
    I completely disagree. He shouldn't even mutter the name VH. In fact we should all start doing revisionist history and just pretend Wolfie has been the bassist the whole time. Looks like I have some photo shopping to do.

  11. #11
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    perticelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.07.03
    Age
    56
    Posts
    6,659
    Posts Per Day
    1.01
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

    unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

    10.16.20 @ 01:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    18


    Donor

    Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    As much as Im for Ed and the decisions he makes and the directions he chooses, if VH gets in and Mike is NOT allowed to perform, I will consider Ed as an asshole as a person and that will be the final judgement.

    He'll always be my favorite guitarist/musician, and so on, but as a person, for what it's worth, he will lose all respect from me, and that would be a shame.
    That decision, if he makes it, would be unforgivable-and for the simple reason that it could only be a decision made out of spite and misplacement of dissatisfaction of self and cowardice.
    Noone deserves respect for having those as character traits.

    That being said, if mike does get to play and that is the end of VH as we knew it, i have no problems with Ed's decisions regarding the future of his career musically.

    my .02
    Eddie is the greatest, period

    The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

    SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

  12. #12
    Big Bad Bill
    servoguy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.05
    Age
    51
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    1,244
    Posts Per Day
    0.21
    Favorite VH Album

    BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

    Crossing over
    Last Online

    04.03.12 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    hopefully MA will play, then walk over and punch Ed in the mouth and say " for the fans" and walk off....
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

  13. #13
    The Full Bug
    KRAMER5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.07.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    NASHVILLE,TN
    Posts
    1,823
    Posts Per Day
    0.30
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    D.O.A.
    Last Online

    02.03.21 @ 05:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    71

    Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    Of course that's what you feel! Why else would you have waited sooooo long to post your feelings here at the Links? Way to work up the courage, sporto!
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

  14. #14
    Banned!
    VAiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.11.99
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    96
    Posts Per Day
    0.01
    Favorite VH Album

    Yeah boooooooy
    Favorite VH Song

    Yeah boooooooy
    Last Online

    04.23.14 @ 09:31 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by servoguy101 View Post
    hopefully MA will play, then walk over and punch Ed in the mouth and say " for the fans" and walk off....
    I totally agree with this one... Dave should kick him in the crotch for good measure.

  15. #15
    I'm The One
    Wickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    52
    Location
    Big "D"
    Posts
    3,195
    Posts Per Day
    0.52
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    10.26.20 @ 10:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    14
    Thanks (Received)
    11

    Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    Of course that's what you feel! Why else would you have waited sooooo long to post your feelings here at the Links? Way to work up the courage, sporto!

    Just part of our caring, nurturing enviornment here..
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. R&R Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Highlights
    By FH in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03.11.03, 01:36 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09.11.02, 09:01 AM
  3. Hall of Fame?
    By Picasso Brother #1 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08.21.02, 06:54 AM
  4. R&R Hall of Fame
    By UDGigalo in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06.11.02, 09:56 PM
  5. Bye, Bye Hall of Fame?
    By Bob_R in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05.29.01, 08:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •