Give it a chance...
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 138
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight

    Join Date
    02.25.00
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    56
    Posts Per Day
    0.01
    Last Online

    05.14.12 @ 07:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Give it a chance...

    Van Halen as we know it will never be again...live with it...
    I for one am interested and willing to give the younger Van Halen his fair shot...I'm a fan of music....I'd love to hear what can come of this...Everybody who has a negative opinion should be ashamed...that would be like someone looking in on your life on a daily basis ,that you don't know,and have them ranting and raving that you should hook up with old aquaintances you don't care to be around anymore...
    No wonder Ed stays away from the internet..Its a "Gong Show" here sometimes!!

    Peace!!

  2. #2
    5150
    venom thrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.20.05
    Posts
    653
    Posts Per Day
    0.12
    Last Online

    06.21.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    I'm for giving Wolfie a chance!

  3. #3
    Little Dreamer
    Paul Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.04
    Posts
    39
    Posts Per Day
    0.01
    Last Online

    09.10.11 @ 05:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    I can appreciate your opinion and respect it. However, that won't stop me from disagreeing with you.

    I've poured too much heart, soul, money, and devotion into the fiasco known as Van Halen since I was 9 years old to deserve anything less than a complete original lineup. We've been writing Van Halen's cheques since the beginning of their careers - giving them everything they've ever dreamed of having in life, and more, and this is the thanks that we potentially get - a family reunion instead of a classic Van Halen reunion.

    After, the debacle that has transpired over the last 10 years or so, they should be playing for us for free - they are lucky they even have fans who still have enough energy to discuss their sorry asses on the internet these days.

    Coming back with anything less than the original lineup at this point is a complete mistake on the part of this band.

    I work too hard for my money. Have fun at the shows in the event that they ever come to fruition.

    In the meantime, I'll hang onto and enjoy the only good memories that are left of this band - the classic VH albums.

    Peace.

  4. #4
    I'm The One
    ZORBA5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.04.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,503
    Posts Per Day
    0.41
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    06.13.18 @ 06:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    26

    Default

    Unfortunately, some people take music too seriously. You are paying to see a concert, that is it. You don't know the band members personally. It's music. I am going (if it happens) to see two of the best musicians in rock history perform along with the original singer, and will have a great time doing so. Then I will go home and live my life, and listen to the band on my cd player or mp3 player whenever I want. That is my relationship to the band. that's it. Apparently, some people act like the band is their friend or something.

  5. #5
    Hot For Teacher
    Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,659
    Posts Per Day
    1.98
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    02.19.20 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    15


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZORBA5150 View Post
    Unfortunately, some people take music too seriously. You are paying to see a concert, that is it. You don't know the band members personally. It's music. I am going (if it happens) to see two of the best musicians in rock history perform along with the original singer, and will have a great time doing so. Then I will go home and live my life, and listen to the band on my cd player or mp3 player whenever I want. That is my relationship to the band. that's it. Apparently, some people act like the band is their friend or something.
    Truly. The only concern should be whether or not its a good show. Of course it would be better with Mike but I can't think of many better ways to spend two hours than watching 3/4 of VH performing songs together that haven't been played in over 20 years.

  6. #6
    Everybody Wants Some!!

    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    30,656
    Posts Per Day
    5.01
    Last Online

    06.06.20 @ 10:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    5115


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Van Halen is my friend.

    I will love him and pet him.


  7. #7
    5150
    TonyButrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.03
    Age
    55
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    534
    Posts Per Day
    0.08
    Favorite VH Album

    ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

    TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

    03.03.07 @ 07:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glockner99 View Post
    Van Halen as we know it will never be again...live with it...
    I for one am interested and willing to give the younger Van Halen his fair shot...I'm a fan of music....I'd love to hear what can come of this...Everybody who has a negative opinion should be ashamed...that would be like someone looking in on your life on a daily basis ,that you don't know,and have them ranting and raving that you should hook up with old aquaintances you don't care to be around anymore...
    No wonder Ed stays away from the internet..Its a "Gong Show" here sometimes!!

    Peace!!
    Dude I dont know how long you have been a fan for ? Im sure a long time.We all here have seen so much bullshit with this band over the last 10 + yrs that its tough to say ok we welcome a reunion with Dave with out Miky..It just sucks to wait as long as we all have here to not have the fab 4 all together for this tour..
    I mean we can go on and on here but the fact of the matter is we all should have had atleast 2-3 more albums from these guys regardless of who is singing.. All this shit in the can and working every night until 6.00am (Eddie that is)
    I hate to compare VH to another band but geez Motley did there thing just like VH, same ticket price and had the meet greet thing. And it was a huge success! and SOLD OUT most venues and there still out now backing Aerosmith.
    Last edited by TonyButrico; 11.06.06 at 07:58 PM.
    Tony

  8. #8
    The Full Bug

    Join Date
    03.31.00
    Location
    Fairfax/San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,781
    Posts Per Day
    0.24
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    06.10.20 @ 03:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Van Halen is my friend.

    I will love him and pet him.

    I just about lost my mud on that one.

    Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

    "...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

    and by the way...

    Eat Us And Smile.

  9. #9
    Romeo Delight

    Join Date
    02.25.00
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    56
    Posts Per Day
    0.01
    Last Online

    05.14.12 @ 07:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Van halen does not owe us anything...They put out a product..at that time we all loved the product and we purchased it...it ends there! Van halen does not have a debt to repay..Just because we invested money 5..10..20 years ago does not mean Van Halen has a life debt to its fans...If we don't like what the upcoming product is..we don't buy it...its as simple as that...being angry at the Band because the product is different doesn't make sense..it just makes us human and thats ok too I guess!!

  10. #10
    5150
    TonyButrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.03
    Age
    55
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    534
    Posts Per Day
    0.08
    Favorite VH Album

    ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

    TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

    03.03.07 @ 07:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glockner99 View Post
    Van halen does not owe us anything...They put out a product..at that time we all loved the product and we purchased it...it ends there! Van halen does not have a debt to repay..Just because we invested money 5..10..20 years ago does not mean Van Halen has a life debt to its fans...If we don't like what the upcoming product is..we don't buy it...its as simple as that...being angry at the Band because the product is different doesn't make sense..it just makes us human and thats ok too I guess!!
    Great point!!since you put it that way..ok
    Tony

  11. #11
    Romeo Delight

    Join Date
    02.25.00
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    56
    Posts Per Day
    0.01
    Last Online

    05.14.12 @ 07:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyButrico View Post
    Dude I dont know how long you have been a fan for ? Im sure a long time.We all here have seen so much bullshit with this band over the last 10 + yrs that its tough to say ok we welcome a reunion with Dave with out Miky..It just sucks to wait as long as we all have here to not have the fab 4 all together for this tour..
    I mean we can go on and on here but the fact of the matter is we all should have had atleast 2-3 more albums from these guys regardless of who is singing.. All this shit in the can and working every night until 6.00am (Eddie that is)
    I hate to compare VH to another band but geez Motley did there thing just like VH, same ticket price and had the meet greet thing. And it was a huge success! and SOLD OUT most venues and there still out now backing Aerosmith.
    First album..Women and Children First
    Cocerts in 84,91,06 twice

  12. #12
    Everybody Wants Some!!

    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    30,656
    Posts Per Day
    5.01
    Last Online

    06.06.20 @ 10:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    5115


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug View Post
    I just about lost my mud on that one.

    I'm glad somebody caught the Looney Tunes reference. Sheesh.

  13. #13
    5150
    TonyButrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.03
    Age
    55
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    534
    Posts Per Day
    0.08
    Favorite VH Album

    ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

    TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

    03.03.07 @ 07:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glockner99 View Post
    First album..Women and Children First
    Cocerts in 84,91,06 twice
    Well good for you.Enjoy the new product!
    Tony

  14. #14
    5150
    scs5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.08.04
    Age
    52
    Location
    Sausalito, Ca
    Posts
    529
    Posts Per Day
    0.09
    Favorite VH Album

    All
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.17.10 @ 10:56 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glockner99 View Post
    Van halen does not owe us anything...They put out a product..at that time we all loved the product and we purchased it...it ends there! Van halen does not have a debt to repay..Just because we invested money 5..10..20 years ago does not mean Van Halen has a life debt to its fans...If we don't like what the upcoming product is..we don't buy it...its as simple as that...being angry at the Band because the product is different doesn't make sense..it just makes us human and thats ok too I guess!!
    I agree 100%. As much as I loved these guys and want everyone to be involved, They have given me just as much, if not more than I have given them.

  15. #15
    PM Goo with your concerns
    OLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.99
    Age
    52
    Location
    Enumclaw, WA
    Posts
    18,130
    Posts Per Day
    2.39
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    05.29.20 @ 10:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    266
    Thanks (Received)
    170

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    Uhhh VAN HALEN does owe me something!!! They owe me the money I spent on VH3, I am still pissed about that purchase. They should have put a warning lable on that pile of crap album.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Give Me Stem Cells, or Give Me…What’s the Other Choice?
    By JCJanko in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08.05.06, 10:10 PM
  2. If you think Hagar will not be given a chance..
    By Michaels in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09.22.02, 01:19 PM
  3. Given the chance, what 5 questions would you ask Dave
    By dropdeadlegs in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02.18.02, 01:12 PM
  4. POLL: Would You Give A Fourth VH Singer A Chance?
    By theodore templeman in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01.23.01, 08:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •