You wanted the best, you got the best, the hottest thread in the world.... KISS! - Page 324
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  324

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 324 of 332 FirstFirst ... 224274314321322323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 4968
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

Today @ 02:53 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

I ‘m sure KISS will find some way to make a ton of money off of this.

A shame that Peter and Ace weren’t there.

Last show? They probably go on tour next summer.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

2. Brett Liked This Post
    Romeo Delight

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:13 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    250 VHL Life Points3 Months Registered

Romeo Delight

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:13 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    250 VHL Life Points3 Months Registered

This is all you need to know about these guys!

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Today @ 04:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalKnowledge View Post
    This is all you need to know about these guys!

Not to fussed about them using cues... Its a huge show and a pretty sophisticated one at that. I would imagine that any of the big bands would be using them. I have no doubt that Metallica are using cues too. These guys aren't playing clubs...
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Today @ 04:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life Points

This is cool though...

If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 06:34 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    This is cool though...

For what some people paid for that show that’s the least they could do.

They should have thrown in a quickie at Hunts Point too for those prices. Round trip cab fare while we’re at it.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

This is how they introduced the “New Era”.

This is some embarrassing shit

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Today @ 06:28 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King150,000 VHL Life Points50,000 VHL Life Points

I thought this tour was ending someplace other than New York? Or did the New York shows get tacked on when I wasn’t paying attention? It’s only fitting that they go out in New York. Course it would’ve been more fitting if they’d gone out as a fully functioning band

You can call the past however many years you want a joke, but KISS in the early years were a real band, struggling to make it just as much as any other band did in those days.

And speaking of the early years - so the band “lives on” as Gene, Paul…and Eric and Tommy? Couldn’t at least have made the avatars of young KISS with Ace and Peter?
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    I thought this tour was ending someplace other than New York? Or did the New York shows get tacked on when I wasn’t paying attention? It’s only fitting that they go out in New York. Course it would’ve been more fitting if they’d gone out as a fully functioning band

You can call the past however many years you want a joke, but KISS in the early years were a real band, struggling to make it just as much as any other band did in those days.

And speaking of the early years - so the band “lives on” as Gene, Paul…and Eric and Tommy? Couldn’t at least have made the avatars of young KISS with Ace and Peter?
    I guarantee you legally they're "characters" so that reduces their cut.

squelch radio
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:37 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

If Gene is an avatar now, why the fat grampa Al Gene instead of the 1976 Destroyer Gene? Paul looks like an old woman.

12. bklynboy68, MD 5150, billy007 Liked This Post
    squelch radio
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:37 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    From last night's show. Around the 30 second mark Eric Singer was walking towards a fan and Paul yanks him like a pimp yanking his bitch.

Sheesh! Guess it's not like Eric needs to play with that shoulder tomorrow night.

14. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    If Gene is an avatar now, why the fat grampa Al Gene instead of the 1976 Destroyer Gene? Paul looks like an old woman.
    LOL

Well, he's been acting like one.

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

W.A.S.P.'s BLACKIE LAWLESS Pays Tribute To KISS: 'What That Band Was In The Beginning Was Astonishing'

W.A.S.P. leader Blackie Lawless paid tribute to KISS on the eve of the legendary rockers' final-ever concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

On Saturday (December 2),Lawless took to his social media to share an early KISS promotional photo, and he included the following message: "Next March will mark 50 years since I saw KISS for the first time. No one yet knew who they were but their magnetism was infectious. The live show was good and their energy was better, but I was far more impressed by them as people. Their stoic determinism and unflinching belief in themselves was abundantly apparent from the very start.

"When I would be in a room with them you could cut all that electricity with a knife. I don't know if they even understood the effect they had on others. Not so much as individuals, but as a group there was a camaraderie that was unbreakable, and although they were constantly being made fun of by other industry professionals they saw the true effect they were having on the audiences. That was the magic glue that held them together and allowed them to go on to achieve unmatched success despite overwhelming odds.

"Congratulations to the current lineup, but especially the original band. What that band was in the beginning was astonishing, frightening, bombastic, reckless and the true unrelenting 'Spirit of Rock N' Roll' in its purest form that is impossible to duplicate ever again!"

A couple of years ago, Lawless described original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley as "a longtime friend, since we were kids." He told Classic Rock magazine: "Ace taught me how to show up backstage before a show and help the roadies, to get into concerts. He got to see [Jimi] Hendrix that way. A short while later I got to see KISS being born."

As for Gene Simmons, Blackie said: "Gene was one of my earliest mentors. KISS was on the road, they were doing their first tour, and I called Ace up one night. He wasn't there, and Gene just happened to answer the phone and we just started talking. Gene asked me what I was doing with this band I was in. I told him that I've had a bellyful and had enough. He goes: 'Let me tell you something. You've got that 'it' thing. Don't quit. Those guys you're playing with? They're all losers. Get rid of 'em. When I got off the phone, I felt energized and thought, 'Maybe I can do this.'"

KISS's final concert at Madison Square Garden lasted two hours and 15 minutes and saw the legendary rockers perform to 20,000 fans at the second show of a two-night stand. After the set-closing "Rock And Roll All Nite", a message was displayed on the video screens, "A new KISS era starts now", and digital avatars of the four members of KISS appeared, playing the band's anthem "God Gave Rock And Roll To You".

The KISS avatars were created by Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) and were financed and produced by the Swedish company Pophouse Entertainment, which is behind the successful "ABBA Voyage" show in London.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/w-a-s-...as-astonishing

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    That’s bizarre for a Jew to call Jesus the Messiah, especially a fucking guy who was born in Israel. Just weird. But whatever lol.

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Since I mentioned how lame the hometown crowd was last night, here's the hometown crowd back in 1996 at the first show of a sold out four night stand. I was there with my best friend and it was as wild as it sounds. We met Sebastian Bach in the subway before the show. The crowd sang every word.

First time the REAL KISS played MSG since 1979 which was my first concert ever. Almost a year to the day.