Magnetic train crashes on test run, people killed
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Hang 'Em High
    ZeoBandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    44
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    17,936
    Posts Per Day
    2.56
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    37
    Thanks (Given)
    78
    Thanks (Received)
    56


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Padawan Praiser75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default Magnetic train crashes on test run, people killed

    Magnetic train crashes on test run
    POSTED: 7:18 a.m. EDT, September 22, 2006

    BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- An elevated Transrapid train carrying around 30 people has crashed on a test run in northern Germany, killing some passengers, authorities said on Friday.

    "There were fatalities, we don't know how many yet," said Dieter Sturm, a spokesman for the administrative district of Emsland in northwest Germany.

    He said the train had collided with an object on the track while travelling at a speed of at least 200 km/h (120 mph) and that several passengers had been seriously injured.

    The Transrapid is a high-speed system which uses magnetic levitation on a special track. The only operational use of the system is as a high speed shuttle to Shanghai airport from the city centre. The site in Emsland is a test facility.

    The maglev system was developed by Transrapid International, a joint venture between Siemens AG and ThyssenKrupp.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

    www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

  2. #2
    Hang 'Em High
    chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Posts Per Day
    2.81
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    17

    If this thing won't work in Europe, using exacting Germanic standards, imagine the cluster-fuck this would be in the U.S.

    You'd have slack-jawed jackasses trying to derail the thing with nickels while guzzling beer, or trying to run wires off of it to power their trailers.

    "What was the last thing the redneck said? Hey y'all, watch this ".
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  3. #3
    The Full Bug

    Join Date
    01.03.02
    Posts
    2,396
    Posts Per Day
    0.34
    Last Online

    03.29.21 @ 09:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    0


    Donor

    Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig
    If this thing won't work in Europe, using exacting Germanic standards, imagine the cluster-fuck this would be in the U.S.

    You'd have slack-jawed jackasses trying to derail the thing with nickels while guzzling beer, or trying to run wires off of it to power their trailers.

    "What was the last thing the redneck said? Hey y'all, watch this ".
    Feeling like a little America-bashing today? Come on, we're not ALL bad! I mean, really...we gave the world The Clapper.

  4. #4
    Hang 'Em High
    chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Posts Per Day
    2.81
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberfiddl
    Feeling like a little America-bashing today? Come on, we're not ALL bad! I mean, really...we gave the world The Clapper.
    Trust me...I'm living in dim-bulbed, redneck central. Some of my neighbors have 4-5 teeth...in the entire family.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  5. #5
    Big Bad Bill

    Join Date
    07.16.03
    Posts
    1,243
    Posts Per Day
    0.19
    Last Online

    07.13.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen
    Magnetic train crashes on test run
    POSTED: 7:18 a.m. EDT, September 22, 2006

    BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- An elevated Transrapid train carrying around 30 people has crashed on a test run in northern Germany, killing some passengers, authorities said on Friday.

    "There were fatalities, we don't know how many yet," said Dieter Sturm, a spokesman for the administrative district of Emsland in northwest Germany.

    He said the train had collided with an object on the track while travelling at a speed of at least 200 km/h (120 mph) and that several passengers had been seriously injured.

    The Transrapid is a high-speed system which uses magnetic levitation on a special track. The only operational use of the system is as a high speed shuttle to Shanghai airport from the city centre. The site in Emsland is a test facility.

    The maglev system was developed by Transrapid International, a joint venture between Siemens AG and ThyssenKrupp.
    What the hell were 30 passengers doing on the train for a test run? Something is not right with this story

  6. #6
    Top Of The World
    twonabomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.15.01
    Location
    cleveland, oh
    Posts
    3,699
    Posts Per Day
    0.52
    Last Online

    12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default

    we have Siemens-built automated vehicles at work...i'm stayin' far away from those little fuckers now.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

    Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

  7. #7
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.21.03
    Age
    55
    Location
    Mound Valley, Kansas
    Posts
    9,051
    Posts Per Day
    1.37
    Favorite VH Album

    5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

    10.15.20 @ 04:44 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    32
    Thanks (Given)
    35
    Thanks (Received)
    37

    Achievements:
    50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig
    Trust me...I'm living in dim-bulbed, redneck central. Some of my neighbors have 4-5 teeth...in the entire family.
    Are you sure you're in Florida and not southeast Kansas?

    One of the ways to tell if a woman is a meth-head around here is if she has more kids in the bar with her than she has teeth.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. White House announces plan to train 50,000 people
    By voivod in forum Political Underground
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10.27.14, 11:08 AM
  2. Jet crashes off Russia, 113 killed
    By ZeoBandit in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05.03.06, 05:54 AM
  3. Miss Deaf Texas struck by train, killed
    By ZeoBandit in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03.15.06, 09:24 PM
  4. Big Hair Metal Was Killed By Grunge But Grunge Was Killed by...
    By Axxman300 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 06.14.05, 01:15 PM
  5. 10 killed in train collision near Los Angeles
    By Greenpaw in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01.28.05, 03:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •