The Extreme thread! - Page 104
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  131
Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1635
  1. #1546
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    DFVH5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,295
    Posts Per Day
    0.97
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams
    Last Online

    Today @ 11:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2682
    Likes (Received)
    805
    Thanks (Given)
    3549
    Thanks (Received)
    1392

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I think DLR originally went out with just Cinderella, and then due to the concert climate at the time, cancelled those dates, and then came back later in the year as a triple bill with Cinderella and Extreme, and then ended up cancelling those too.

    That was a bad year for tours all around. Whitney Houston and AC/DC were playing to more than half empty arenas, and decently popular acts like Sting and DLR cancelled tours.
    Yet VH was still selling out amphitheaters.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

    Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    MAMMOTH WVH: 1x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 10x
    DAVE SOLO: 14x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

  2. #1547
    Take Your Whiskey Home

    Join Date
    10.01.99
    Age
    51
    Location
    Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    5,437
    Posts Per Day
    0.67
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    229
    Thanks (Given)
    609
    Thanks (Received)
    917

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    This looks to be a relatively recent interview w/ Nuno and Gary (hosted by Sammy!)... wish I could find the whole thing to see if the lads have any insights on timing....

    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8nVkGra/
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

  3. #1548
    Bullethead

    Join Date
    03.05.20
    Posts
    384
    Posts Per Day
    0.56
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:31 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    225
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3

    Achievements:
    RookieWell-Liked2,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Saudades de Rock is a great album, I think it's their best.
    It's subjective but I think it's their most mature effort as a band. The album is definitely underrated. Not a single bad track on that album. "Run", "Last Hour", "Comfortably Dumb", "Star", "Ghost", and "Peace (Saudade)". Tons of great tracks on it. It is one of their best.

    Musically as a whole I still think "Everything Under The Sun: Rise N Shine,Am I Ever Gonna Change?, Who Cares?" is the best they have done musically to date.

    My personal favorite album by them is "Waiting For The Punchline". Love every track on it.

    Extreme though is one of those bands that has never done a bad album. Not yet anyway.

  4. sinner's swing, Dutchie5150 Liked This Post
  5. #1549
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    51,441
    Posts Per Day
    8.90
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1424
    Likes (Received)
    3714
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points200,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VHrox12 View Post
    It's subjective but I think it's their most mature effort as a band. The album is definitely underrated. Not a single bad track on that album. "Run", "Last Hour", "Comfortably Dumb", "Star", "Ghost", and "Peace (Saudade)". Tons of great tracks on it. It is one of their best.

    Musically as a whole I still think "Everything Under The Sun: Rise N Shine,Am I Ever Gonna Change?, Who Cares?" is the best they have done musically to date.

    My personal favorite album by them is "Waiting For The Punchline". Love every track on it.

    Extreme though is one of those bands that has never done a bad album. Not yet anyway.
    They are criminally underappreciated.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  6. Wolfie3, Dutchie5150, DFVH5150 Liked This Post
  7. #1550
    Bullethead

    Join Date
    03.05.20
    Posts
    384
    Posts Per Day
    0.56
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:31 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    225
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3

    Achievements:
    RookieWell-Liked2,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    They are criminally underappreciated.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I agree, they bring their A game to every album they do and every live show they are amazing live. I also forgot to mention Take Us Alive from SDR, it's one of my favorite tracks on that album. One of Extreme's best songs on that record. I also love their live version of the song from the Take Us Alive DVD.

    Here ya go:


    Live:


    They should have released that as a single off the album.

  8. Wolfie3 Liked This Post
  9. #1551
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    51,441
    Posts Per Day
    8.90
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1424
    Likes (Received)
    3714
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points200,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VHrox12 View Post
    I agree, they bring their A game to every album they do and every live show they are amazing live. I also forgot to mention Take Us Alive from SDR, it's one of my favorite tracks on that album. One of Extreme's best songs on that record. I also love their live version of the song from the Take Us Alive DVD.

    Here ya go:


    Live:


    They should have released that as a single off the album.
    Nuno reminds me so much of Eddie in that he plays in a way where it almost seems effortless. It's like the guitar is just an extension of his body.

  10. Wolfie3 Liked This Post
  11. #1552
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Wolfie3's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.16.00
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,647
    Posts Per Day
    0.21
    Favorite VH Album

    VHI, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    75
    Likes (Received)
    57
    Thanks (Given)
    31
    Thanks (Received)
    29

    Achievements:
    25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingPadawan Praiser

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Saudades de Rock is a great album, I think it's their best.
    Couldn't agree more. It's without a doubt my favorite Extreme album.
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

    "When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

    "A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

  12. #1553
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Wolfie3's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.16.00
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,647
    Posts Per Day
    0.21
    Favorite VH Album

    VHI, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    75
    Likes (Received)
    57
    Thanks (Given)
    31
    Thanks (Received)
    29

    Achievements:
    25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingPadawan Praiser

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    They are criminally underappreciated.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    SO damn under appreciated! Most people only know them because of More Than Words, and that is most definitely a felony crime.
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

    "When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

    "A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

  13. #1554
    Bullethead

    Join Date
    03.05.20
    Posts
    384
    Posts Per Day
    0.56
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:31 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    225
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3

    Achievements:
    RookieWell-Liked2,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie3 View Post
    SO damn under appreciated! Most people only know them because of More Than Words, and that is most definitely a felony crime.
    It's actually my least favorite song by them and not because I am sick of it. They did an all acoustic version of Rise N Shine and it blows MTW's away. I do like the song but it's actually not one of their best songs in their whole catalog.

    Anyone that knows this band for that one song has never fully explored their catalog or music.



    Out of their two top 5 pigeonhole hits from Pornograffitti I like Hole Hearted better always have.

    Glad to see Saudades De Rock getting it's much deserved respect here.

    Anyway to me when I think of Extreme first songs that usually comes to mind is Get The Funk Out, Hip Today, Rest In Peace not More Than Words.

    It's paying their bills still so regardless of the pigeonhole it put the band in any artist will take a #1 hit. It was a huge song and it remains a beautiful ballad.

    If the casual listener isn't impressed by anything else by them other than MTW's and HH that's on them. I do hope they have a big hit song again one day the band needs it.
    Last edited by VHrox12; 12.04.21 at 11:50 PM.

  14. Dave not David Liked This Post
  15. #1555
    The Full Bug
    Naked Wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.09
    Location
    Oakland Ca
    Posts
    1,759
    Posts Per Day
    0.37
    Favorite VH Album

    Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the One
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    134
    Likes (Received)
    88
    Thanks (Given)
    284
    Thanks (Received)
    296

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VHrox12 View Post
    It's actually my least favorite song by them and not because I am sick of it. They did an all acoustic version of Rise N Shine and it blows MTW's away. I do like the song but it's actually not one of their best songs in their whole catalog.

    Anyone that knows this band for that one song has never fully explored their catalog or music.

    Out of their two top 5 pigeonhole hits from Pornograffitti I like Hole Hearted better always have.

    Glad to see Saudades De Rock getting it's much deserved respect here.

    Anyway to me when I think of Extreme first songs that usually comes to mind is Get The Funk Out, Hip Today, Rest In Peace not More Than Words.

    It's paying their bills still so regardless of the pigeonhole it put the band in any artist will take a #1 hit. It was a huge song and it remains a beautiful ballad.

    If the casual listener isn't impressed by anything else by them other than MTW's and HH that's on them. I do hope they have a big hit song again one day the band needs it.
    in all fairness, they haven't written anything "hit worthy" in a long time. I love them but if they're truly going for another hit (I don't believe they are) they're doing it wrong.

  16. #1556
    Bullethead

    Join Date
    03.05.20
    Posts
    384
    Posts Per Day
    0.56
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:31 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    225
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3

    Achievements:
    RookieWell-Liked2,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Wake View Post
    in all fairness, they haven't written anything "hit worthy" in a long time. I love them but if they're truly going for another hit (I don't believe they are) they're doing it wrong.
    I agree, I don't think they are trying to write another hit. If it happens it happens and I hope they get another hit one day. Nuno said in interviews they could easily do an all acoustic album but won't and imo I don't think it's a bad idea for them. Why? because they actually sound amazing doing acoustic work like on Hole Hearted. The band shouldn't do it for a hit they should do it because they want to.

  17. #1557
    Light Up The Sky
    Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    21,390
    Posts Per Day
    2.66
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1404
    Likes (Received)
    1163
    Thanks (Given)
    3357
    Thanks (Received)
    2409

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King50,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    I got tired of ‘More than Words’ when it became a hit. Couldn’t turn on any radio station without hearing it.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  18. Naked Wake Liked This Post
  19. #1558
    The Full Bug
    Naked Wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.09
    Location
    Oakland Ca
    Posts
    1,759
    Posts Per Day
    0.37
    Favorite VH Album

    Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the One
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    134
    Likes (Received)
    88
    Thanks (Given)
    284
    Thanks (Received)
    296

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I got tired of ‘More than Words’ when it became a hit. Couldn’t turn on any radio station without hearing it.
    the tragedy of that is it was such a great song. It was beautifully written and arranged. It was very different from all of the other ballads of that time.

  20. #1559
    Bullethead

    Join Date
    03.05.20
    Posts
    384
    Posts Per Day
    0.56
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:31 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    225
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3

    Achievements:
    RookieWell-Liked2,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Wake View Post
    the tragedy of that is it was such a great song. It was beautifully written and arranged. It was very different from all of the other ballads of that time.
    True and their record label A&M didn't want to release it as a single. They put it out in test markets first and the response was huge. Nuno's sister said to him when he was playing it and writing it that he should copyright it because it's going to be a hit.

    Hole Hearted was written on the toilet by Nuno when he was taking a dump.

    Rest In Peace and Stop The World though should have been bigger hits in the USA market. Great songs with catchy chorus and amazing Nuno solos.

    Unconditionally, Leave Me Alone from Punchline also had hit written all over it along with King Of The Ladies,Take Us Alive from Saudades De Rock.

  21. Wolfie3 Liked This Post
  22. #1560
    Hang 'Em High
    ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    18,054
    Posts Per Day
    2.72
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1035
    Likes (Received)
    1995
    Thanks (Given)
    4379
    Thanks (Received)
    6704

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable5,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    To add to VHrox12 story of writing Hole Hearted on the crapper, he had just received a 12 string from Washburn. So he unboxed it and brought it with him to take a dump. Wrote the song there.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Extreme
    By VanHagar5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04.14.06, 08:52 AM
  2. Cherone and Extreme........
    By JimboHalen in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11.11.02, 05:00 PM
  3. Cherone and Extreme........
    By JimboHalen in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01.31.01, 10:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •