Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The Promoter

Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW
    Are you going to the show? Who is going from the Chicago area???
    I would be one of those people, BREW! And lately, I've been gearing up for this show. I mean, I've been bashing Sammy for the Eddie shit-talkin' lately, and I still stand by that, but I just recently started to gear up for this one! Hoping for a great show!
    In and out. I didn't even make that pun on purpose.

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I will be there as well BREW, should be a good time.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

OK, who wants to have burgers and beer before the show in Matteson? The bar is at 216th and Main (across from the Matteson Metra stop) in old Matteson. It's called Freeh's Again and I know the owner. The burgers are the best you'll ever have. The venue is only about 20 minutes from the bar. Paw, LWI, BREW, Zeo, & me for starters?? VHrocks2005, I may be able to get you in for the burger, no beer, though. Sorry kid
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Big Bad Bill
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Panama / Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 06:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by racefan8
    OK, who wants to have burgers and beer before the show in Matteson? The bar is at 216th and Main (across from the Matteson Metra stop) in old Matteson. It's called Freeh's Again and I know the owner. The burgers are the best you'll ever have. The venue is only about 20 minutes from the bar. Paw, LWI, BREW, Zeo, & me for starters?? VHrocks2005, I may be able to get you in for the burger, no beer, though. Sorry kid
    Fudd Ruckers for Burgers is the place to go in Matteson, esp. with those fries.
    Ever Onward
    Time Waits For No One
    Its Never To Late To Mend

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

10.12.20 @ 08:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Promoter

Quote Originally Posted by racefan8
    VHrocks2005, I may be able to get you in for the burger, no beer, though. Sorry kid
    Aww, come on!

I'm starting to look forward to this show, now! Really getting excited. Probably gonna see a few of you there, too! Where are everyone's seats at?

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005
    Aww, come on!

I'm starting to look forward to this show, now! Really getting excited. Probably gonna see a few of you there, too! Where are everyone's seats at?
    Lawn only
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Today @ 10:55 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

I'll be there, should be a great time!!

Big Bad Bill
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Panama / Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 06:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I will be there in the Lawn tonight, so if you see a guy about 6'3 with a shaved head and a Michael Jordan Black Chicago Bulls Jersey on, lets have have a beer or 3. Since it will be in the 90's today, I am sure we won't be up there until 6pm.
    Ever Onward
    Time Waits For No One
    Its Never To Late To Mend

Bullethead
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

F%CK!N RIGHT ON!
    The other half kicked!! MIchael Anthony walks out of a cloud of smoke to unleash a bass solo that reminds you how incredible 1/2 of the both halves are! SUMMER NIGHTS! Runnin With The Devil! Eric Johnson joining em on stage. YES Sammys show was very good I think it was excelllent actually but I was as happy to see the other 1/2 as I was hoping to be. KICK A$$!
    As a bonus about 1/2hour before we were leaving I hit up the loop website to check on start times, on a whim clicked on the purchase tickets and scored 15th row center. SWEET!!!! The other 1/2 tour shirt is a keeper

Rock on Chicago Van Halen FANATICS, ROCK ON!!

OK So WHO has the show recorded and when are we treeing that mofo
    Last edited by RayBan; 07.16.06 at 09:10 AM.
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Promoter

Quote Originally Posted by RayBan
    OK So WHO has the show recorded and when are we treeing that mofo
    Honestly. I tried filming parts, but the asshole next to me screwed up most of them.

Great show. Review later

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal
    Fudd Ruckers for Burgers is the place to go in Matteson, esp. with those fries.
    Fudd's rocks! I used to go there all the time but don't as much. Damn good burgers but a little on the expensive side.

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

09.17.21 @ 01:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Set list?!??!?!?!?
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

07.31.21 @ 09:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by spanked55
    Set list?!??!?!?!?
    The Wabo's set was the same as he's been doing and this is what the Other Half played. FWYS was very cool with Eric Johnson doing some extended soloing. Sammy called him "one of the top three guitarists in the world"
    I'm pretty sure this is all they played but I might have forgotten something, FWYS was twice as long as normal.
    Bass Solo
    Running With The Devil
    Top of the World
    Why Can’t This Be Love
    Good Enough
    Summer Nights
    Finish What You Started w/ Eric Johnson
    Best of Both Worlds
    Summertime Blues/Fight For Your Right To Party

My full review will follow on Monday.
    The song ain't dirty
    It's really just the way we sing it

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Promoter

VHLINKS FAN REVIEW OF LOOPFEST 2006
    By Zach Bernard

It was a hot summer night in Tinley Park. 95 degrees and eight hours of sweat, headaches, and standing in nothing but heat. Cabo Wabo Village? I wasn't impressed, and neither was my father. Maybe because the Loop stuff was so much better. Seriously...

Off Broadway was fantastic! They only did about seven songs, but those guys are tight. Splendid performance that I'm glad I saw. Makes me wonder why they never "made it." Got some lovely pics from them that I will post later.

Beatallica. Let me say this, it's one of the dumbest assed concepts I've ever seen. We ate dinner during most of their set. However, I think they're tight, and gotta be pretty damn creative to have come up with what they have. I was impressed.

Eric Johnson. I went in thinking it would be 45 minutes of wailing guitars. The music was extremely solid. I had no idea he had such a wide collection. What a fantastic performance. Again, I was impressed.

So Erin Carmen (sp?) goes on stage and introduces Sammy even though we had 20 minutes until his stage time. We watched the Cabo Wabo Montage, and I could've lived without it.

Sammy Hagar took the stage at 8:22 pm.

Mas Tequila – Immediate crowd pleaser. Got my fists pumping, screaming lyrics. You see, the first two Hagar shows I attended, I didn’t know it, and last year I didn’t get into it because of where it was in the setlist. What a way to start a show!

Mexico – Hate it on record; hate what I heard from Detroit. But man, did this kick tonight. Major plus, I really enjoyed it.

There’s Only One Way to Rock – How do you NOT enjoy this song? I can’t say anything bad about it. Another crowd pleaser…

Rainy Day Women – Please Sammy, drop this from the setlist and save everyone from what I had to go through tonight. I mean, it’s a fun sing-along, but for crissake, it’s filler in the set!

Shaka Doobie – What can I say, I prefer it somewhere in the middle of the set? It’s great! Underrated for sure. But man, I sung this one all the way through.

The Girl Gets Around – I’d say there were maybe three major highlights tonight, and this was one. Always been a favorite Hagar tune (top 5 at least!) and it was a treat to see it. Vic plays the fuck outta that! Definitely impressed…

Rock Candy – Eh. I love the song on Montrose’s album. Call me crazy, but there was always something missing in Sam’s solo performances of the song (or any Montrose song for that matter). So it was alright for me…

I’ll Fall in Love Again – Major surprise as to how people started sitting down to this one, or going to take a piss. Why? It’s such a classic! I enjoyed it, but was disappointed in the fans in a way, at least the ones around me.

Let Me Take You There – All I can remember is my dad dancing like a fool. I loved the song, just didn’t care much for Sammy’s rapping and the song slowing down in the middle. It was cool, but got tiring after awhile.

Sam I Am – Loved the electric version! Great, fist-pumpin’ tune!

Vic & Sammy Jam / Little White Lie – I sat down during the jam. Kinda relaxing to me. I always believed Sammy was one of the most underrated guitar players out there. What fast hands. I really got into this one as well, being one of my favorite Hagar tunes.

I Can’t Drive 55 – Need I say more? How was ICD55 at YOUR show? Exactly. For a low amount of 12,000 people (very disappointing turnout), the crowd involvement on this was amazing!

Heavy Metal – Again, amazing crowd involvement. I always loved the Mona / Vic sharing vocals. Always a highlight…

…Set Break…

Ultra Bass – Bass solos of his taken from 1981 to 1995, from what it seemed. More towards the CVH era, though. Gave me chills seeing him on-stage, especially the air-raid thing he does with the flanger at the end. Never got to see that personally and it’s really cool!

Runnin’ With the Devil – We could’ve done without Hagar’s screams. Hell, I always thought Roth’s were pointless on record. Mike kicked arse on this one! I screamed this one, man. Amazing and energetic.

Top of the World – Whether you like it or not (and I choose the latter), you can’t help but sing along to it. It’s just unbelievably catchy live! It was alright, I could’ve done without it, though…

Why Can’t This Be Love – Another ‘Eh’ for me. Just didn’t work. But it’s so damn catchy and ya gotta sing to it!

Good Enough – Sam spoke, did the who ‘Double, Double’ thing, but his speech was priceless. I have a bad memory which it was, but he was talking about wearing sombreros and getting arrested by cops at night for that. Exact quote:

“Cops pull me over for that shit all the time! They tell me ‘get out of the car, recite the alphabet backwards.’ Shit, I can’t even recite the alphabet backwards when I’m sober!”

Of the three highlights I mentioned, this would be #2. I wanted to film it, but damn, I had to pump my fists, band my head. The tune was so damn powerful, I couldn’t help myself! I just started screaming my ass off when I heard “Hellllooooo baaaaaabbbaaayyyy!!!!”And if I were to close my eyes, I could swear Mr. Edward Van Halen was on lead guitar. Major props to Vic for the way he handled this one.

Summer Nights – You know, I may be biased, but I’ve heard a few shows from the tour, and Sammy’s interactions and speeches were so much different and unique with us than other places (sorry Detroit). He talks about Vic and how Summer Nights was the most requested song (paraphrasing):

“You’d think that, with a brother like Vic with me, I’d be safe everywhere I go. But I get abused, especially when we go to the Weenie Circle. Girls still be goin’ up to me sayin’ [in best black girl impression] ‘What you bringin’ this tall motherfucker in here? Him and his bald ass…’”

“Summer Nights was the most requested song for VH in ’04. But you gotta realize we had to make sacrifices because we just couldn’t handle playin’ all night! I can’t even handle that, [laughs] shit. We’ll be playing until 9am when Ozzfest comes in tomorrow and we’ll STILL be here!”

If I could have a fourth highlight, it would be this. A hot, sticky day at 95 degrees in an amphitheatre for six hours, what a better ode to that? Vic NAILED it. I had it on video, but the damn 18 year old stoner next to me ruined it with his God awful attempts to sing like Mike Anthony. He ruined all my damn videos! The song was great though, and I was pleased…

Finish What Ya Started – It’s the third highlight. You must be asking “why?” Well, because Mr. Eric Johnson, the man who performed before Sammy, came on to perform with the band. So you had two bassists (I SWEAR I saw two) and THREE guys on electric guitar. How insane is that? You know how loud that was? Incredible…

Best of Both Worlds – They marched. I pumped my fists in section 207, WAY back from the stage (pics SUCK, so I won’t bother to post them). Great tune, I enjoyed it.

Fight For Your Right to Party – Started with Summertime Blues, but guest starred Bling Bling, which definitely was fun! Great closer. Everyone sang along, and what a way to close a great night!

Sammy Hagar left the stage around 10:43pm

Sammy has proven himself as my favorite entertainer who I've seen personally. What a talent, what a great show, and he hasn't disappointed me once. Cheers Sam, you out-did yourself! See ya next summer!

So I'll give the night an A. The issues were the heat. Terrible today. However, the Loop did a fantastic job with the set-up and all the bands were on top of their game.

I said I would record videos. Unfortunately, I was seated next to that 18 year old stoner who fucked up my recordings. Bastard. So, I do apologize. Sammy pics turned out like garbage too. I'll show all the pics I feel are necessary.

Me and Loop Rock Girl Crystal (squinting due to sunlight)

I couldn't get any Eric Johnson pics because of my place in the theatre and sunlight. However, I managed a screen pic during "Finish What Ya Started."

This is seriously the best shot I could get from my seats:

Bullethead
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

How can I forget - not only was it extremely hot "weather wise" but Erin Carmen from the LOOP?! DAMN!!!!
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"