Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 04:49 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Toronto definately was in the Top 10 (maybe 5) Best shows on that tour. I mean being in the first row it's easy for me to say it was a great show but after watching the video of it it hit me... VH was actually playing right in front of my eyes. A band that was not around for 9 years coming back and me being the one in front row is mind boggeling. There will not be another concert that I attend in my life that is better than that one. My friends and my parents keep telling me... You don't know how lucky you were.

And when it comes to the day that (god forbid) VH calls it quits then we will know how lucky we are. Everybody who complains and whines about how bad they were on this tour and w/e should realize that it doesn't matter. Just be fortunate that you got to see them when you did and appreciate the fact that you got to see the Mighty Van Halen live.
    We all have different opinions but to say that VH sucked in Toronto is STUPID! So they played better at different shows and some places they played worse, agreed Ed played "not up to par" in Hamilton. But when I was in the crowd I wasn't standing there going, "This sucks, Eddie can't play, I wan't my money back" I was rockin just like everybody else. And for some of the people in Toronto who said that it was terrible I guess I didn't see you cause whenever I turned around and I looked at the crowd almost every single person was singing and jumping.

Everybody has a right to their opinion and I respect that but please:

STOP COMPLAINING!!! It's Van Halen not brain surgery. Their allowed to make mistakes!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Banned!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

06.01.07 @ 07:31 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150

Everybody who complains and whines about how bad they were on this tour and w/e should realize that it doesn't matter. Just be fortunate that you got to see them when you did and appreciate the fact that you got to see the Mighty Van Halen live.
    It doesn't matter? What the fuck does that mean? So it's ok if they play like shit? It's ok if they charge you top dollar for a bottom of the barrel performance? That's just ridiculous. Why is it ok to boo a sports team when stink it up but when Halen stinks we have to be happy with "the fact that you got to see the Mighty Van Halen live". That's fucking insance!!!
    They didn't play like "the Mighty Van Halen" when I saw them in TO & Hamilton and I'm not gonna be happy with a half assed performance. I expect more for the $101.72 price tag that's on my ticket.

STOP COMPLAINING!!! It's Van Halen not brain surgery. Their allowed to make mistakes!
    EVH, we're not talking about the occasional missed note. We're talking about shows (like Hamilton) where you wouldn't know what song Eddie was playing half the time. I can tolerate mistakes, mistakes are part of the show (if there are no musical mistakes, they likely ain't playing). But am I asking too much for a sober band that appears to care about their performance? I don't think so.

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bedrockboy
    I expect more for the $101.72 price tag that's on my ticket.
    Then why did you go twice if you didn't like what you saw the first time?

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

How about we start giving you a dollar for everytime you mention how much you hated Hamilton? You will make your money back in no time at all.

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGuitars99
    How about we start giving you a dollar for everytime you mention how much you hated Hamilton? You will make your money back in no time at all.

Banned!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Slinger
    Then why did you go twice if you didn't like what you saw the first time?
    Do I have to apologize for being a fan and hoping for a better show? I've seen them about a dozen times and every show was solid before this tour (some great, some good). So I was hoping the not great performance in Toronto this time around was an abberation so I went to see them in Hamilton and hoping for a better show.

Banned!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGuitars99
    Once again LG responding to something that's none of his business. Apparently you weren't at the Hamilton show so your opinion in this thread really doesn't count (not that it does in other threads) Now would you please go clean up the spill in aisle 4!!!

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

06.04.21 @ 07:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Man, you sure do seem familiar, bedrock.

Are you absolutely sure we don't know you?

And if not, heck, we sure do know a guy who'd love to chat with ya.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 04:49 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

It doesn't matter? What the fuck does that mean? So it's ok if they play like shit? It's ok if they charge you top dollar for a bottom of the barrel performance? That's just ridiculous. Why is it ok to boo a sports team when stink it up but when Halen stinks we have to be happy with "the fact that you got to see the Mighty Van Halen live". That's fucking insance!!!
    They didn't play like "the Mighty Van Halen" when I saw them in TO & Hamilton and I'm not gonna be happy with a half assed performance. I expect more for the $101.72 price tag that's on my ticket.

EVH, we're not talking about the occasional missed note. We're talking about shows (like Hamilton) where you wouldn't know what song Eddie was playing half the time. I can tolerate mistakes, mistakes are part of the show (if there are no musical mistakes, they likely ain't playing). But am I asking too much for a sober band that appears to care about their performance? I don't think so.
    Give me an example of when the band played like "SHIT" in Toronto. What song? Like I said, sure there were mistakes, but not during one song did they play like shit.
    And I pretty much knew what song Eddie was playing during Hamilton during the whole show. But maybe I had a better seat than you and the sound wasn't to good where you were sitting.
    I do agree with the fact that for the money that was shelled out for the tickets Ed could have at least been fairly sober. But I'm not their manager and I'm not gonna tell him what to do.

Why is it ok to boo a sports team when stink it up but when Halen stinks we have to be happy with "the fact that you got to see the Mighty Van Halen live". That's fucking insane!!!
    I would never boo my favourite sports team even if they did screw up really bad. That's why they are my FAVOURITE TEAM. There's always bad nights and good nights. And Hamilton was an off night, still a fun show, but off night. Toronto was a Great NIGHT!!! The energy was up, the band was having fun, Eddie was sober. I would defend my favourite team if anybody came around bitching about what they felt was a poor and terrible display.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Apparently you weren't at the Hamilton show so your opinion in this thread really doesn't count
    I thought this thread was about the Toronto show? You got the Hamilton thread closed, are you aiming for this one, too??!

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Do I have to apologize for being a fan and hoping for a better show? I've seen them about a dozen times and every show was solid before this tour (some great, some good). So I was hoping the not great performance in Toronto this time around was an abberation so I went to see them in Hamilton and hoping for a better show.
    Alright, fair enough then.

So, now then, we all know that you didn't like the Toronto show and you hate the Hamilton show. It's very clear. You've made it quite apparent. Crystal clear.

bedrockboy didn't like Toronto and couldn't stand Hamilton. Case closed. Done. Finished. Point Made. Undertsood. Well documented.

Now, I don't know about the other people on here, but, I can speak for myself when I say that I'd like to discuss this show without having to worry about starting up a good point or memory with somebody else who enjoyed the show besides myself.

EvH_316_5150, Yankee Rose and LittleGuitars99 have actually thrown in some positve feedback about this that I haven't even got the chance to give my opinions on and be able to relate to what they're saying. I am fully aware that all opinions are welcome, but holy fuckin' hell this is getting nuts. It's the same negative bullshit, constant aggravation and picking at poeple seemingly just to get on their nerves that get's half these threads closed.

We got your point. You didn't like the show(s) and we all know why. Eddie was sloppy, the band was sloppy, it sucked compared to the last few shows you saw, Whatever is, we got it! Does it really have to go beyond that!!?!?!

Banned!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Give me an example of when the band played like "SHIT" in Toronto. What song? Like I said, sure there were mistakes, but not during one song did they play like shit.
    And I pretty much knew what song Eddie was playing during Hamilton during the whole show. But maybe I had a better seat than you and the sound wasn't to good where you were sitting.
    I do agree with the fact that for the money that was shelled out for the tickets Ed could I have at least been fairly sober. But I'm not their manager and I'm not gonna tell him what to do.
    I would never boo my favourite sports team even if they did screw up really bad. That's why they are my FAVOURITE TEAM. There's always bad nights and good nights. And Hamilton was an off night, still a fun show, but off night. Toronto was a Great NIGHT!!! The energy was up, the band was having fun, Eddie was sober. I would defend my favourite team if anybody came around bitching about what they felt was a poor and terrible display.
    EVH,

Have you ever seen Halen before this tour? Can you honestly say that this Toronto show could possibly compare musically to any other show in Toronto that they've ever had (I've this them all and it was easily the most poorly played show). I'm not saying I didn't have fun at the TO show, it was sloppy but fun. I think I've made that point enough times.

I didn't boo Halen in Hamilton but I was just really disappointed at the quality of the performance and I don't think I should be pissed on for being critical of a bad performance and even you admitted that "for the money that was shelled out for the tickets Ed could I have at least been fairly sober". So I don't think I'm being unfair.

And don't give me this "the sound was good from my seats at not yours" I was about 30 feet from the band. It wasn't the sound qualitiy, it was the playing. Dont you think you should expect more than to "pretty much know" what song Eddie was playing? Man, maybe my expectations are higher because I've seen them kick ass so many times. But don't hammer me for being honest.

Banned!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Slinger
    I thought this thread was about the Toronto show? You got the Hamilton thread closed, are you aiming for this one, too??!
    Slinger, actually I started the thread.

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Anyway,

here are some more pics that I submitted to redrocker.com that my buddy took.

I know EvH_316_5150 will appreciate seeing these. You can see the damn hat a mile away!

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Slinger, actually I started the thread.
    This is beyond belief...
    Last edited by Wolfgang Slinger; 05.26.05 at 04:14 PM.