Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Today @ 05:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

Talking

TED NUGENT: “JOAN JETT I Love You. Don’t Get All Upset”

By loadedradio - May 6, 2022

Ted Nugent has replied to Joan Jett’s comments that she made about him during a recent interview with NME.

Jett was asked to respond to Ted’s declaration that Joan didn’t belong on a list of the 100 best rock guitarists published by Rolling Stone.

When Joan was asked in the interview to comment on Nugent’s claim that she shouldn’t be on the list, Jett said: “Neither should he.

“Is that his implication,” Jett asked, “that he should be on the list instead of me? Well, that’s just typical — it’s what I’ve dealt with my whole life, being written off. Ted Nugent has to live with being Ted Nugent. He has to be in that body, so that’s punishment enough.”

She added: “He’s not a tough guy. He plays tough guy, but this is the guy who shit his pants — literally — so he didn’t have to go in the Army.”

“So this,” Jett concluded, “is the tough guy who’s running around America, stirring things up against each other.”

Yesterday, Nugent responded to Jett’s comments during a YouTube livestream, saying (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): “All I expressed in an interview on WRIF was how I love Joan and her killer rocking band. She’s got a great rocking band. Great songs. The best garage band maybe ever, except for maybe GREEN DAY. [I] love Joan — all I said is how I love her. But I used her as an example — along with Joni Mitchell. [I] love Joni Mitchell… People love that music. People love Joan Jett and Joni Mitchell. I love them. I expressed I love them. But she can’t be in the top 100 guitar player list — either of them. They play nice strumming guitars; they play nice guitars. I like it. They’re good. But top 100 before Rik Emmett of TRIUMPH? That’s a lie.

“Joan Jett, I love you,” he continued. “Don’t get all upset. She calls me a racist and [says] I’m jealous. I didn’t even mention that I should be on the list. Let’s pretend that I don’t play guitar. Let’s pretend I’m just a keyboard player, or maybe a gay conga player. I never mentioned my name [as being excluded from] the top 100 guitar list — though someone might. But Joan, would you just relax?

“Maybe the plastic has gone to her brain,” he adds, referring to Jett’s alleged plastic surgery. “I don’t know. I just didn’t think she was that stupid. I never said anything about how stupid she was. I didn’t think she was stupid; now we know how stupid she is.

“Joan Jett and Joni Mitchell cannot be on the top 100 guitar player list before Derek St. Holmes or Rickey Medlocke or Jimmy McCarty or Mark Farner. Certainly. Or Jared Nichols. Or Chris Duarte. This isn’t an opinion. There’s no room for an opinion here. I’m mentioning guitar players that are world-class monster virtuosos of undeniable musical authority and guitar prowess.”

Nugent went on to say: “How about — Paul Reed Smith is a better guitar player than Joni Mitchell or Joan. I don’t mean to hurt your feelings, guys, but your drummer, Joan, is a better drummer than I am. I shouldn’t be on the top 100 drummers list. All my drummers should be — all my drummers are amazing. [Laughs]

“But don’t you see what goes on? I guess they seek and accomplish the eternal terminal menstrual cycle — you know, the menstrual cycle that the governor of Washington and Oregon thinks that they should have tampons in the boys’ bathrooms. That’s where we are — you know that’s where we are. That’s not where we are, but it’s where they are steering our great country, our once-great country.

“So, Joan, just relax, honey. I love you,” Nugent added. “You make great music. But you’re not a top 100 guitar player. You must know that. Joni Mitchell, you must know that — I love you, Joni. But you’re in the top 100, maybe the top 20 folk singers, certainly. And Joan Jett would be in the… certainly Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and maybe the top 20 garage bands. THE AMBOY DUKES were a garage band, so that’s not a negative; that’s a positive. NIRVANA would be maybe number one garage band. BROWNSVILLE STATION number two. Joan Jett maybe number three. GREEN DAY maybe three and a half.

“See, I’m not knocking these people; I’m just telling you the truth. [Laughs] I didn’t know they were that stupid.”

Ted also commented on the allegation that he dodged the draft, saying: “No, I didn’t. I didn’t get drafted, but I didn’t dodge the draft. [In the High Times interview] I was telling a story about a drummer friend who shit his pants and I don’t know what else he did. It’s a funny story. Plus I gave the story to a writer — I’m being awfully generous with that term — for High Times magazine. You’re gonna have a serious interview with High Times magazine?

“See, they cling to these lies and hate ’cause they’ve got nothing else. Which is why they are absolutely helpless to debate me.”

Ted Nugent’s latest studio album, “Detroit Muscle”, arrived on April 29 via Pavement Music.

https://www.loadedradio.com/ted-nuge...KYgsTBGBJUdBoQ
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Today @ 02:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Ted Nugent will be performing in Austin this Saturday, May 14th at the Austin Convention Center, as part of the American Freedom Tour.

I wonder if Alex and Joe Rogan will show up...
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 04:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Lock up your teenage daughters

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Ted appears at a Political meeting...

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 08:07 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    TED NUGENT: “JOAN JETT I Love You. Don’t Get All Upset”

By loadedradio - May 6, 2022

Ted Nugent has replied to Joan Jett’s comments that she made about him during a recent interview with NME.

Jett was asked to respond to Ted’s declaration that Joan didn’t belong on a list of the 100 best rock guitarists published by Rolling Stone.

When Joan was asked in the interview to comment on Nugent’s claim that she shouldn’t be on the list, Jett said: “Neither should he.

“Is that his implication,” Jett asked, “that he should be on the list instead of me? Well, that’s just typical — it’s what I’ve dealt with my whole life, being written off. Ted Nugent has to live with being Ted Nugent. He has to be in that body, so that’s punishment enough.”

She added: “He’s not a tough guy. He plays tough guy, but this is the guy who shit his pants — literally — so he didn’t have to go in the Army.”

“So this,” Jett concluded, “is the tough guy who’s running around America, stirring things up against each other.”

Yesterday, Nugent responded to Jett’s comments during a YouTube livestream, saying (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): “All I expressed in an interview on WRIF was how I love Joan and her killer rocking band. She’s got a great rocking band. Great songs. The best garage band maybe ever, except for maybe GREEN DAY. [I] love Joan — all I said is how I love her. But I used her as an example — along with Joni Mitchell. [I] love Joni Mitchell… People love that music. People love Joan Jett and Joni Mitchell. I love them. I expressed I love them. But she can’t be in the top 100 guitar player list — either of them. They play nice strumming guitars; they play nice guitars. I like it. They’re good. But top 100 before Rik Emmett of TRIUMPH? That’s a lie.

“Joan Jett, I love you,” he continued. “Don’t get all upset. She calls me a racist and [says] I’m jealous. I didn’t even mention that I should be on the list. Let’s pretend that I don’t play guitar. Let’s pretend I’m just a keyboard player, or maybe a gay conga player. I never mentioned my name [as being excluded from] the top 100 guitar list — though someone might. But Joan, would you just relax?

“Maybe the plastic has gone to her brain,” he adds, referring to Jett’s alleged plastic surgery. “I don’t know. I just didn’t think she was that stupid. I never said anything about how stupid she was. I didn’t think she was stupid; now we know how stupid she is.

“Joan Jett and Joni Mitchell cannot be on the top 100 guitar player list before Derek St. Holmes or Rickey Medlocke or Jimmy McCarty or Mark Farner. Certainly. Or Jared Nichols. Or Chris Duarte. This isn’t an opinion. There’s no room for an opinion here. I’m mentioning guitar players that are world-class monster virtuosos of undeniable musical authority and guitar prowess.”

Nugent went on to say: “How about — Paul Reed Smith is a better guitar player than Joni Mitchell or Joan. I don’t mean to hurt your feelings, guys, but your drummer, Joan, is a better drummer than I am. I shouldn’t be on the top 100 drummers list. All my drummers should be — all my drummers are amazing. [Laughs]

“But don’t you see what goes on? I guess they seek and accomplish the eternal terminal menstrual cycle — you know, the menstrual cycle that the governor of Washington and Oregon thinks that they should have tampons in the boys’ bathrooms. That’s where we are — you know that’s where we are. That’s not where we are, but it’s where they are steering our great country, our once-great country.

“So, Joan, just relax, honey. I love you,” Nugent added. “You make great music. But you’re not a top 100 guitar player. You must know that. Joni Mitchell, you must know that — I love you, Joni. But you’re in the top 100, maybe the top 20 folk singers, certainly. And Joan Jett would be in the… certainly Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and maybe the top 20 garage bands. THE AMBOY DUKES were a garage band, so that’s not a negative; that’s a positive. NIRVANA would be maybe number one garage band. BROWNSVILLE STATION number two. Joan Jett maybe number three. GREEN DAY maybe three and a half.

“See, I’m not knocking these people; I’m just telling you the truth. [Laughs] I didn’t know they were that stupid.”

Ted also commented on the allegation that he dodged the draft, saying: “No, I didn’t. I didn’t get drafted, but I didn’t dodge the draft. [In the High Times interview] I was telling a story about a drummer friend who shit his pants and I don’t know what else he did. It’s a funny story. Plus I gave the story to a writer — I’m being awfully generous with that term — for High Times magazine. You’re gonna have a serious interview with High Times magazine?

“See, they cling to these lies and hate ’cause they’ve got nothing else. Which is why they are absolutely helpless to debate me.”

Ted Nugent’s latest studio album, “Detroit Muscle”, arrived on April 29 via Pavement Music.

https://www.loadedradio.com/ted-nuge...KYgsTBGBJUdBoQ
    Yeah I didn't think the punishment fit the crime when Joan zinged him like that. That was deep and quite a big one! Basically telling the world that he is the opposite of who he makes himself out to be with all that Vietnam stuff. And if true, which apparently it is because HE said it, wow, that's odd that he did that and acts the way he is now (which I have no problem with). But all he said is she shouldn't be in the top guitarist category. Just like Joni Mitchell who beat EVH in some horseshit top-whatever-all-time-guitarists that Rolling Stone did over a decade ago. And she went "there." That was like Kramer's "I slept with your wife" comeback.

I didn't think he could come back with something good enough to stand his ground, but he did just barely by calling her "stupid," providing the reasons why, and kinda being right about it. Although he didn't address what she said about him so I gotta give her the W. Still out of line though. Probably hates him and his politics so she went over the top with it.
    Last edited by DFVH5150; 05.15.22 at 01:57 AM.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    MAMMOTH WVH: 2x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 11x
    DAVE SOLO: 14x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Gary 2x, almost Dave & Wolf

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

I even give him a pass on Vietnam. How long we gonna lord that over people? Duane shot Gregg in the foot to get out of Vietnam. "Foot shootin' party". Oodles of musicians skipped out. All those legendary acts of the 60's. How did they all escape it? Morrison comes to mind. They had their objections and connections..

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 04:41 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Both of them sure are overly sensitive.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I even give him a pass on Vietnam. How long we gonna lord that over people? Duane shot Gregg in the foot to get out of Vietnam. "Foot shootin' party". Oodles of musicians skipped out. All those legendary acts of the 60's. How did they all escape it? Morrison comes to mind. They had their objections and connections..
    I was willing to go to Vietnam, but, I did not hold it against anyone who did not want to go, and, in necessary, fled the country, to avoid being sent there. I though it was a shit war, but, if Americans were over there fighting, I was willing to do my part to protect them from the air. So, in 1975, the US withdrew, and I would not have to go there, after all.

9. CaboChris, I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Draft dodging 101 was an art during Vietnam. I've heard all the stories many of them tragic. I told my dad if it was still going on when I turned 18 I was just going to join the Navy and clean toilets on some aircraft carrier. What a waist of life. In many ways Vietnam was like the Russians invading Ukraine. No threat to anyone.

11. CaboChris Liked This Post
    carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Today @ 12:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King150,000 VHL Life Points50,000 VHL Life Points

yep, i have no quarrel with anyone that didn't want to go to Vietnam and did what they had to do to ensure it. Just another shameful chapter in American history, sending our young men over there to do nothing but die.
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

13. MD 5150, CaboChris, edwardv Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 08:07 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

All great points and I agree. Was just pointing out how she went a little too far saying that and how it's different with him because of his machismo image.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    MAMMOTH WVH: 2x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 11x
    DAVE SOLO: 14x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Gary 2x, almost Dave & Wolf

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Today @ 11:31 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedPadawan Praiser25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Updated with new dates in bold.

July 15 - Clearwater, FL - Ruth Eckerd Hall
    July 16 - Jacksonville, FL - Florida Theater
    July 17 - Fort Myers, FL - Mann Performing Arts Hall
    July 19 - Orlando, FL - Plaza Live
    July 22 - Waukesha, WI - Waukesha County Expo Center
    July 23 - Saint Charles, IL - Arcada Theater
    July 24 - Saint Charles, IL - Arcada Theater
    July 25 - Des Plaines, IL - Des Plaines Theater
    July 27 - Ardmore, OK - Heritage Hall
    July 28 - Tulsa, OK - Skyline Event Center
    July 29 - Fort Worth, TX - Billy Bob's
    July 30 - Houston, TX - Warehouse Live
    July 31 - Mobile, AL - Soul Kitchen
    August 2 - Huntsville, AL - Mars Music Hall
    August 4 - Albert Lea, MN - Freeborn County Fair
    August 5 - Mulvane, KS - Kansas Star Casino
    August 6 - Kansas City, MO - Star Pavilion
    August 9 - Greensburg, PA - Palace Theater
    August 10 - Owensboro, KY - River Park Center
    August 11 - Huber Heights, OH - Rose Music Center
    August 12 - Columbus, OH - Kemba Live
    August 13 - Sterling Heights, MI - Freedom Hill Amphitheater
    August 14 - North Tonawanda, NY - Riviera Theater
    August 15 - North Tonawanda, NY - Riviera Theater
    August 17 - Glenside, PA - Keswick Theater
    August 18 - Jim Thorpe, PA - Penn's Peak
    August 20 - Hampton Beach, NH - Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom
    August 21 - Reading, PA - Santander Performing Arts Center
    August 23 - Lexington, MI - Lexington Village Theater
    August 25 - Memphis, TN - Graceland
    August 26 - Forney, TX - Spellman Amphitheater
    August 27 - Fredericksburg, TX - Backyard Amphitheater

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Ted is playing Graceland? THE Graceland?

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Is Derek St Holmes playing with them this tour?