The Comic-Book Thread - Page 84
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  30
Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34748182838485 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1264
  1. #1246
    Soclal Media Manager
    Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    50
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    54,468
    Posts Per Day
    9.25
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    773
    Likes (Received)
    3153
    Thanks (Given)
    5473
    Thanks (Received)
    26012

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Started watching The Boys on Amazon, two episodes in, and it is damn good.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  2. #1247
    Mean Street
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    49,173
    Posts Per Day
    9.36
    Last Online

    02.22.21 @ 10:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    509
    Likes (Received)
    1902
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    This looks really cool.

    Last edited by Number 47; 01.11.21 at 12:50 PM.

  3. YankeeRose Liked This Post
  4. #1248
    Hot For Teacher
    Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    48
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    10,455
    Posts Per Day
    1.51
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    288
    Likes (Received)
    223
    Thanks (Given)
    1702
    Thanks (Received)
    1898

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Started watching The Boys on Amazon, two episodes in, and it is damn good.
    remember the story was originally pitched to DC and was written as a Justice League story....that makes it even more messed up.

    wait till you see what Homelander is really about. it's a great show

  5. MD 5150 Liked This Post
  6. #1249
    Mean Street
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    49,173
    Posts Per Day
    9.36
    Last Online

    02.22.21 @ 10:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    509
    Likes (Received)
    1902
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Tooling around DCU and found a four issue arc from 1977 that I still remember reading and know is in a box in the basement.

    The really, really do not write and illustrate comics at all like they use to... and it's a damn shame.

    1977 Batman.PNG 1977-2.PNG 1977-3.PNG 1977-4.PNG

    Turns out The Joker killed a Batman impersonator.

    Ha! Sure, the stories were a lot cornier... but right now I'm attempting to get through Dark Nights: Death Metal so I can make some sense of the current Future State issues... and I'm dumbfounded at the complexity of it all that will probably end up making no sense at all when it's over.

    I just hope that when DCU becomes DC Universe Infinite soon, that they upgrade the reading functions and make the tool bars and such easier to access.

  7. #1250
    Hot For Teacher
    Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    48
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    10,455
    Posts Per Day
    1.51
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    288
    Likes (Received)
    223
    Thanks (Given)
    1702
    Thanks (Received)
    1898

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Tooling around DCU and found a four issue arc from 1977 that I still remember reading and know is in a box in the basement.

    The really, really do not write and illustrate comics at all like they use to... and it's a damn shame.

    1977 Batman.PNG 1977-2.PNG 1977-3.PNG 1977-4.PNG

    Turns out The Joker killed a Batman impersonator.

    Ha! Sure, the stories were a lot cornier... but right now I'm attempting to get through Dark Nights: Death Metal so I can make some sense of the current Future State issues... and I'm dumbfounded at the complexity of it all that will probably end up making no sense at all when it's over.

    I just hope that when DCU becomes DC Universe Infinite soon, that they upgrade the reading functions and make the tool bars and such easier to access.
    I remember seeing the adds for the one with Luthor jamming supes and bats together and I wanted it soooooo bad, lol. I was like 5

  8. #1251
    Mean Street
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    49,173
    Posts Per Day
    9.36
    Last Online

    02.22.21 @ 10:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    509
    Likes (Received)
    1902
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    I remember seeing the adds for the one with Luthor jamming supes and bats together and I wanted it soooooo bad, lol. I was like 5
    A Jim Aparo cover. Nobody drew hair like Jim Aparo drew hair.

  9. #1252
    Mean Street
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    49,173
    Posts Per Day
    9.36
    Last Online

    02.22.21 @ 10:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    509
    Likes (Received)
    1902
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Infinite Frontier and What’s Next for the DC Universe

    Infinite Frontier kicks off a bold new era for the DC Universe. Here's what it all means...

    https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/inf...e-dc-universe/

  10. #1253
    Hot For Teacher
    Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    48
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    10,455
    Posts Per Day
    1.51
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    288
    Likes (Received)
    223
    Thanks (Given)
    1702
    Thanks (Received)
    1898

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Infinite Frontier and What’s Next for the DC Universe

    Infinite Frontier kicks off a bold new era for the DC Universe. Here's what it all means...

    https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/inf...e-dc-universe/
    not doing it this time. I hope they do well but I have no interest in this at all.

  11. #1254
    Soclal Media Manager
    Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    50
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    54,468
    Posts Per Day
    9.25
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    773
    Likes (Received)
    3153
    Thanks (Given)
    5473
    Thanks (Received)
    26012

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Infinite Frontier and What’s Next for the DC Universe

    Infinite Frontier kicks off a bold new era for the DC Universe. Here's what it all means...

    https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/inf...e-dc-universe/
    A black Batman.

    Why not. Make him a pansexual trans while they are at it.

    I know it has to be hard to come up with new ideas and storylines after almost a century, but can we please leave some of the core characters alone and simply create new characters to reflect modern morality?

    I know...get off my lawn.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  12. MD 5150 Liked This Post
  13. #1255
    Hot For Teacher
    Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    48
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    10,455
    Posts Per Day
    1.51
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    288
    Likes (Received)
    223
    Thanks (Given)
    1702
    Thanks (Received)
    1898

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    A black Batman.

    Why not. Make him a pansexual trans while they are at it.

    I know it has to be hard to come up with new ideas and storylines after almost a century, but can we please leave some of the core characters alone and simply create new characters to reflect modern morality?

    I know...get off my lawn.
    I read some spoilers for this and a few characters are getting a sexuality make over

  14. #1256
    Soclal Media Manager
    Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    50
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    54,468
    Posts Per Day
    9.25
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    773
    Likes (Received)
    3153
    Thanks (Given)
    5473
    Thanks (Received)
    26012

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    I read some spoilers for this and a few characters are getting a sexuality make over
    Of course.

    I look forward to my life in the woods more and more each passing day.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  15. #1257
    5150
    Hamnerhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    51
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    562
    Posts Per Day
    0.17
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    The Full Bug
    Last Online

    02.13.21 @ 05:43 PM
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    5
    Thanks (Given)
    250
    Thanks (Received)
    337

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    remember the story was originally pitched to DC and was written as a Justice League story....that makes it even more messed up.
    The Seven are Garth and Darick's analog for the Justice League characters, but I don't think THE BOYS was ever literally pitched as a JL story. It was always intended to be what it was, which is a cynical take on the archetypes. You might be mixing it up with WATCHMEN's history, in which was originally pitched with the Charlton characters that DC had just bought, like The Question, Peacemaker, Captain Atom, Nightshade, etc...?

    BTW, I'm a late starter, too-- I just started season 2 and I'm really digging it.
    "There will always be a Holyfield or a Tyson, but there's only one Mohammad Ali. There will always be a new body building champion, but there's only one Arnold. And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be." - David Lee Roth

    http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...yarcwoiovu.jpg

  16. #1258
    Hot For Teacher
    Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    48
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    10,455
    Posts Per Day
    1.51
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    288
    Likes (Received)
    223
    Thanks (Given)
    1702
    Thanks (Received)
    1898

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamnerhead View Post
    The Seven are Garth and Darick's analog for the Justice League characters, but I don't think THE BOYS was ever literally pitched as a JL story. It was always intended to be what it was, which is a cynical take on the archetypes. You might be mixing it up with WATCHMEN's history, in which was originally pitched with the Charlton characters that DC had just bought, like The Question, Peacemaker, Captain Atom, Nightshade, etc...?

    BTW, I'm a late starter, too-- I just started season 2 and I'm really digging it.
    there was a story going around news outlets when the second season started and that was one of the things they talked about. at one point very early on it was pitched to dc as an elseworlds story.
    I remember thinking the first season is even more messed up if it was the league.

  17. Hamnerhead Liked This Post
  18. #1259
    Soclal Media Manager
    Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    50
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    54,468
    Posts Per Day
    9.25
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    773
    Likes (Received)
    3153
    Thanks (Given)
    5473
    Thanks (Received)
    26012

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    there was a story going around news outlets when the second season started and that was one of the things they talked about. at one point very early on it was pitched to dc as an elseworlds story.
    I remember thinking the first season is even more messed up if it was the league.
    I read the same article, but I trust that Cully knows more about the biz than whoever wrote that article.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  19. Hamnerhead Liked This Post
  20. #1260
    Mean Street
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    49,173
    Posts Per Day
    9.36
    Last Online

    02.22.21 @ 10:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    509
    Likes (Received)
    1902
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    The Next Batman

    Not a lot of action to speak of, but very well written... which is more than I can say for some of the main ongoing bat books.

    This being Future State, the premise is totally plausible as to why someone else is Batman and how he got there... which is also tied into the ongoing stories.

    I'm just treating this as an Elsworld story and looking forward to the next three issues.

    FYI: the first issues of FS: Dark Detective and Robin Eternal are also really well written... which goes to show that the abandoned DC 5G protect at least had some talented writers on board.

  21. Hamnerhead Liked This Post
 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Weekly Music, Movies, and Comic-Book News
    By FanHalen in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04.13.16, 04:46 AM
  2. Popular Comic-Book Artist Paints Anthrax Album Cover
    By FH in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03.06.03, 10:32 AM
  3. Comic Book Geek Thread
    By FanHalen in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 05.23.02, 05:01 AM
  4. FREE Comic-Book Day
    By FanHalen in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05.03.02, 05:20 AM
  5. attention comic book collectors
    By jaybird in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04.27.01, 06:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •