The "Talk About Anything" Thread - Page 1533
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  1,885
Page 1533 of 1550 FirstFirst ... 533103314331483152315301531153215331534153515361543 ... LastLast
Results 22,981 to 22,995 of 23247
  1. #22981
    Gird your loins
    Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    61
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    17,847
    Posts Per Day
    3.55
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1640
    Likes (Received)
    1132
    Thanks (Given)
    3115
    Thanks (Received)
    3248

    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    This is...unsettling. Video.

    Meet Ameca: 'World's most advanced' humanoid robot is unveiled in a UK lab with eerily realistic facial expressions and movements

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ed-UK-lab.html
    No. No. No NO NO. What is the purpose of that?

  2. #22982
    Baluchitherium
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    49
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    29,739
    Posts Per Day
    7.88
    Last Online

    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2634
    Likes (Received)
    3893
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Amazon is in the pharmacy business and delivering meds? Is there anything they're not trying to dominate? For a guy like me who loves delivery I'm continually amazed by that company in a good way.

    Employee wages aside...

  3. #22983
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    42
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,304
    Posts Per Day
    4.39
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    154
    Likes (Received)
    2668
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Amazon is in the pharmacy business and delivering meds? Is there anything they're not trying to dominate? For a guy like me who loves delivery I'm continually amazed by that company in a good way.

    Employee wages aside...
    Erectile dysfunction treatments.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #22984
    The Full Bug
    Al Van Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.16.12
    Age
    31
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Posts
    1,959
    Posts Per Day
    0.54
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    440
    Thanks (Given)
    31
    Thanks (Received)
    855

    Achievements:
    VeteranWell-LikedPadawan Praiser25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    New house update.

    It's official: Come Monday, December 20th, I will officially be a homeowner.

    Closing that morning & I hired Gentle Giant for December 23rd to move all of my bigger stuff between where I currently live & my storage bin. I'll be spending from the minute I close on the 20th throughout the 21st & 22nd bringing up smaller boxes & anything electronic/guitar related.

    Just in time to enjoy the holidays with my lady.

  5. #22985
    Hang 'Em High
    edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    63
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    17,182
    Posts Per Day
    2.34
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    3329
    Likes (Received)
    2106
    Thanks (Given)
    7761
    Thanks (Received)
    4186

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King50,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Congrats welcome to the property tax club!
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

  6. Elwood P., Daisy Hill Liked This Post
  7. #22986
    The Full Bug
    Al Van Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.16.12
    Age
    31
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Posts
    1,959
    Posts Per Day
    0.54
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    440
    Thanks (Given)
    31
    Thanks (Received)
    855

    Achievements:
    VeteranWell-LikedPadawan Praiser25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Congrats welcome to the property tax club!
    Looking forward to it.

    Between my mortgage, home insurance, property taxes & mortgage insurance, it's still about $500 less per month than renting a 2 bedroom apartment where I grew up & work.

    The lone downside is I will now have a 65 mile round trip commute. Coming in the morning will be easy, as I'll be leaving by 515AM at the latest. That'll be roughly 40 minutes. Going home is going to suck as I leave work at 4PM most days. It'll be an hour on a good day, an hour & 10 on average & an hour and a half on a shitty day. That being said, small price to pay for finally having a home I can call my own.

  8. #22987
    Hang 'Em High
    edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    63
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    17,182
    Posts Per Day
    2.34
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    3329
    Likes (Received)
    2106
    Thanks (Given)
    7761
    Thanks (Received)
    4186

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King50,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Van Bundy View Post
    Looking forward to it.

    Between my mortgage, home insurance, property taxes & mortgage insurance, it's still about $500 less per month than renting a 2 bedroom apartment where I grew up & work.

    The lone downside is I will now have a 65 mile round trip commute. Coming in the morning will be easy, as I'll be leaving by 515AM at the latest. That'll be roughly 40 minutes. Going home is going to suck as I leave work at 4PM most days. It'll be an hour on a good day, an hour & 10 on average & an hour and a half on a shitty day. That being said, small price to pay for finally having a home I can call my own.
    I commuted for 47 miles each way 94 miles round trip for over 30 years and saved a bundle on the house too. Couple of hints. Buy a modest price new compact with good gas milege. Keep it serviced oil changes and tire rotations regular. Buy good tires for the snow. I switched to Goodyear tires with the silica in the rubber can't beat them costs alot but saved my life once on black ice I swear to God. I also found that the manufactuer parts last longer than the cheapo stuff from Auto Zone etc. Replace brake pads before they wear out and destroy your rotors. Turning rotors is a waste of money too imo. Your going to burn thru cars more than the average person just get the maximum you can out of them.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

  9. MD 5150 Liked This Post
  10. #22988
    The Full Bug
    Al Van Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.16.12
    Age
    31
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Posts
    1,959
    Posts Per Day
    0.54
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    440
    Thanks (Given)
    31
    Thanks (Received)
    855

    Achievements:
    VeteranWell-LikedPadawan Praiser25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    I commuted for 47 miles each way 94 miles round trip for over 30 years and saved a bundle on the house too. Couple of hints. Buy a modest price new compact with good gas milege. Keep it serviced oil changes and tire rotations regular. Buy good tires for the snow. I switched to Goodyear tires with the silica in the rubber can't beat them costs alot but saved my life once on black ice I swear to God. I also found that the manufactuer parts last longer than the cheapo stuff from Auto Zone etc. Replace brake pads before they wear out and destroy your rotors. Turning rotors is a waste of money too imo. Your going to burn thru cars more than the average person just get the maximum you can out of them.
    I've had a 2020 Camry since new, fully paid off. Just about to turn 19K on the odometer. EPA has it at 29 city & 38 highway for mileage, but if I baby it on the highway, I've gotten close to 50. I average about 42 on the highway. I estimate I'll be filling up roughly once every 6 or 7 days once I'm fully moved in.

    I religiously change my oil every 5 months or every 5,000 miles, whichever comes first. I change the air filter and cabin air filter & rotate the tires every other oil change. I don't use OEM for everything, but I certainly don't use AutoZone garbage. NAPA Gold (Wix) for filters & Mobil 1 for oil. If something electrical ends up crapping out, that's when I use OEM. Once it's time to replace the brakes, I'll be using Adaptive One pads & Ultra Premium fully coated rotors from NAPA. Those are superior to OEM. The Adaptive One pads are the best aftermarket pads money can buy. They are a hybrid formula & wear completely evenly, unlike almost every other pad where the inner one wears faster. And the Ultra Premium coated rotors are completely coated, not just the hat like most aftermarket rotors. The Adaptive One/Ultra Premium combination with the amount of highway driving I'll be doing will last no less than 50,000 miles. As far as tires go, I'm not even halfway down with the tread on the set that came with the car, but when the time comes (2023 at the earliest), I'll be going with the Michelin CrossClimate 2. 9.3/10 rating out of 327 reviews on Tire Rack, plus recommendations from a few of my accounts that exclusively use them.

  11. #22989
    Top Of The World

    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    4,966
    Posts Per Day
    0.77
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Likes (Given)
    176
    Likes (Received)
    384
    Thanks (Given)
    346
    Thanks (Received)
    600

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedKnight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Congrats welcome to the property tax club!
    My mom hated paying property/school taxes. 'I'm 82 why should I pay school taxes'lol
    Dealing with it.

  12. #22990
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    noise next door's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.03.03
    Posts
    6,541
    Posts Per Day
    0.96
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:25 AM
    Likes (Given)
    202
    Likes (Received)
    385
    Thanks (Given)
    1010
    Thanks (Received)
    3118

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    When interest rates are as low as they are now, like 1.3%, you have to be careful with additional commuting expenses.

    If you are spending an extra $500 a month on huge car expenses that's the same as borrowing $130,000. (1.3, 25 year, fixed, monthly payment)

    If you need to spend an extra say 80K to be closer to work, it's actually cheaper on a "monthly ongoing basis" to buy the more expensive property and reduce travel.

    But ONLY at these super low rates.

  13. #22991
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    42
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,304
    Posts Per Day
    4.39
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    154
    Likes (Received)
    2668
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Van Bundy View Post
    I've had a 2020 Camry since new, fully paid off. Just about to turn 19K on the odometer. EPA has it at 29 city & 38 highway for mileage, but if I baby it on the highway, I've gotten close to 50. I average about 42 on the highway. I estimate I'll be filling up roughly once every 6 or 7 days once I'm fully moved in.

    I religiously change my oil every 5 months or every 5,000 miles, whichever comes first. I change the air filter and cabin air filter & rotate the tires every other oil change. I don't use OEM for everything, but I certainly don't use AutoZone garbage. NAPA Gold (Wix) for filters & Mobil 1 for oil. If something electrical ends up crapping out, that's when I use OEM. Once it's time to replace the brakes, I'll be using Adaptive One pads & Ultra Premium fully coated rotors from NAPA. Those are superior to OEM. The Adaptive One pads are the best aftermarket pads money can buy. They are a hybrid formula & wear completely evenly, unlike almost every other pad where the inner one wears faster. And the Ultra Premium coated rotors are completely coated, not just the hat like most aftermarket rotors. The Adaptive One/Ultra Premium combination with the amount of highway driving I'll be doing will last no less than 50,000 miles. As far as tires go, I'm not even halfway down with the tread on the set that came with the car, but when the time comes (2023 at the earliest), I'll be going with the Michelin CrossClimate 2. 9.3/10 rating out of 327 reviews on Tire Rack, plus recommendations from a few of my accounts that exclusively use them.
    Tip, get cross drilled rotors. They wont ever wear out.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #22992
    The Full Bug
    Al Van Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.16.12
    Age
    31
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Posts
    1,959
    Posts Per Day
    0.54
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    440
    Thanks (Given)
    31
    Thanks (Received)
    855

    Achievements:
    VeteranWell-LikedPadawan Praiser25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Tip, get cross drilled rotors. They wont ever wear out.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Already looked into it. High performance rotors are hard to come by for a car as common as a base model Camry, so I'll be sticking with the fully coated Ultra Premium rotors from NAPA.

  15. #22993
    The Full Bug
    Al Van Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.16.12
    Age
    31
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Posts
    1,959
    Posts Per Day
    0.54
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    440
    Thanks (Given)
    31
    Thanks (Received)
    855

    Achievements:
    VeteranWell-LikedPadawan Praiser25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noise next door View Post
    When interest rates are as low as they are now, like 1.3%, you have to be careful with additional commuting expenses.

    If you are spending an extra $500 a month on huge car expenses that's the same as borrowing $130,000. (1.3, 25 year, fixed, monthly payment)

    If you need to spend an extra say 80K to be closer to work, it's actually cheaper on a "monthly ongoing basis" to buy the more expensive property and reduce travel.

    But ONLY at these super low rates.
    Car is paid off, so no monthly note there.
    I pay off my insurance for the year in one shot to get the credit card rewards, so no monthly note there.
    All I'm gaining in the car expense world is gas & slightly more maintenance.
    I'll be filling up once a week instead of once every 2 weeks & adding 1 or 2 oil changes to my yearly maintenance schedule.

  16. #22994
    Baluchitherium
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    49
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    29,739
    Posts Per Day
    7.88
    Last Online

    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2634
    Likes (Received)
    3893
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Car payment not "note"? Wtf is a note?

  17. #22995
    Top Of The World
    VH122's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.03.05
    Age
    52
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    4,718
    Posts Per Day
    0.76
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Poundcake
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 10:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    69
    Likes (Received)
    38
    Thanks (Given)
    1150
    Thanks (Received)
    452

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    I like to tear notes.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. "Say Uncle," "You Wear It Well," "River Wide" and "Left for Dead."
    By extreme red roth in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03.06.21, 03:47 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09.21.06, 11:36 AM
  3. The Official "Non Music" beats "VH Main" thread
    By WinterlessIceness in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03.20.06, 05:38 PM
  4. What were these little "jabs" you guys talk about on Stern?
    By VHwasCoolestWithDLR in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05.09.02, 04:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •