The "Talk About Anything" Thread - Page 1835
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  5,165
Page 1835 of 1863 FirstFirst ... 835133517351785182518321833183418351836183718381845 ... LastLast
Results 27,511 to 27,525 of 27931
  1. #27511
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Little Intruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.25.22
    Age
    59
    Location
    State of Intoxication
    Posts
    5,316
    Posts Per Day
    7.00
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    3400
    Likes (Received)
    3164
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!RookieElite Daily PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked25,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    Riding a BNSF train across the Rocky Mountains on the Rio Grande Moffat Tunnel Route. I first rode this line in early April, 2019 but unfortunately went through the tunnel district in the dark. Through a rare set of events owing to a lack of an available train crew the previous afternoon, we enjoyed a full day ride across the Moffat Tunnel Subdivision. This is by far the most scenic stretch of track in the United States, and the beauty of the Rockies really shines in the reflection of fresh snowfall.

    Absolutely gorgeous!


  2. The Rover, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
  3. #27512
    Light Up The Sky
    edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    66
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    24,479
    Posts Per Day
    3.00
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Likes (Given)
    8651
    Likes (Received)
    5367
    Thanks (Given)
    7761
    Thanks (Received)
    4186


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Plenty of land in the USA.

    Sent from my TMRV065G using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

  4. Elwood P. Liked This Post
  5. #27513
    Soclal Media Manager
    Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    53
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    71,320
    Posts Per Day
    10.13
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:43 AM
    Likes (Given)
    4216
    Likes (Received)
    16634
    Thanks (Given)
    5473
    Thanks (Received)
    26012


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Plenty of land in the USA.

    Sent from my TMRV065G using Tapatalk
    Fly from coast to coast on a night flight and look out the window once you pass the Mississippi going west. There ain't NUTHIN.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  6. edwardv Liked This Post
  7. #27514
    Master Bluesman
    Elwood P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.02
    Location
    1060 W. Addison, Chicago
    Posts
    8,971
    Posts Per Day
    1.10
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1750
    Likes (Received)
    1242
    Thanks (Given)
    2750
    Thanks (Received)
    1581


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Supremely-LikedThee King75,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Poverty Point, La. Fascinating! 1700-1100 BC.

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/louisiana...173539398.html

    Looks almost like an amphitheater.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

    "Rawhide in "A"

    Tom Brady hates tomatoes

  8. #27515
    Gird your loins
    Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    63
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    19,453
    Posts Per Day
    3.33
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    04.19.24 @ 05:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2779
    Likes (Received)
    2339
    Thanks (Given)
    3115
    Thanks (Received)
    3248


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    School drop offs. OMG Had to drive the young uns to school this morning. One entrance for the high school and a second entrance for the middle school maybe 30 yards away? These parents lined up in their SUVs and slowly made their way all the way to the middle school entrance stopping for the kids to get off at the high school entrance one car at a time. SLOWLY. Grabbing their book bags and returning when mommy is waving some paper at them that they forgot or standing there having a discussion with their parent thru the window. Then the line would inch forward until the same cars would stop and let their younger kids off at the middle school entrance, each car, one by one. I know that this was the way we did it in grade school, but you were dealing with little kids, So I get just past the high school entrance not even to the doorway and the line stops while an Escalade sits there, no kids getting out. Must have been having a family meeting. So I turn to mine and nicely say...."GET OUT OF MY DAMN CAR. YOU CAN WALK 30YARDS TO THE MIDDLE SCHOOL. " They look at me like I'm the worst grandma EVER and I say " Your Dad walked 7 blocks every morning and never wanted a ride even if it was cold or raining or snowing. It's 55 degrees, the sun is up. Get your self some fresh air. blow some of the stink off ya!" They know its a joke but dang people, why so much time to dump a kid off at the school doors? What do you have to talk about at the school doors that you couldn't have talked about on the drive there?

  9. It's Mike, Number 47 Liked This Post
  10. #27516
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    50
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    57,857
    Posts Per Day
    8.76
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2964
    Likes (Received)
    7504
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    School drop offs. OMG Had to drive the young uns to school this morning. One entrance for the high school and a second entrance for the middle school maybe 30 yards away? These parents lined up in their SUVs and slowly made their way all the way to the middle school entrance stopping for the kids to get off at the high school entrance one car at a time. SLOWLY. Grabbing their book bags and returning when mommy is waving some paper at them that they forgot or standing there having a discussion with their parent thru the window. Then the line would inch forward until the same cars would stop and let their younger kids off at the middle school entrance, each car, one by one. I know that this was the way we did it in grade school, but you were dealing with little kids, So I get just past the high school entrance not even to the doorway and the line stops while an Escalade sits there, no kids getting out. Must have been having a family meeting. So I turn to mine and nicely say...."GET OUT OF MY DAMN CAR. YOU CAN WALK 30YARDS TO THE MIDDLE SCHOOL. " They look at me like I'm the worst grandma EVER and I say " Your Dad walked 7 blocks every morning and never wanted a ride even if it was cold or raining or snowing. It's 55 degrees, the sun is up. Get your self some fresh air. blow some of the stink off ya!" They know its a joke but dang people, why so much time to dump a kid off at the school doors? What do you have to talk about at the school doors that you couldn't have talked about on the drive there?
    I see it every morning. It is comical.

    Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk

  11. #27517
    Take Your Whiskey Home

    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    6,869
    Posts Per Day
    0.94
    Last Online

    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    669
    Likes (Received)
    1051
    Thanks (Given)
    346
    Thanks (Received)
    600

    Achievements:
    Well-LikedKnight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster Praiser

    Default

    Do kids not ride the bus anymore? The line to pickup elementary kids is like a half mile long
    Dealing with it.

  12. #27518
    bat wing ball sack
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    68,411
    Posts Per Day
    10.68
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:03 AM
    Likes (Given)
    3455
    Likes (Received)
    8442
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    "GET OUT OF MY DAMN CAR!"

    Lol! I love it.

  13. #27519
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    50
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    57,857
    Posts Per Day
    8.76
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2964
    Likes (Received)
    7504
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    Do kids not ride the bus anymore? The line to pickup elementary kids is like a half mile long
    Up here you only get the bus if you're a certain distance away. You have to account for (1) kids in the walking distance not wanting to walk and (2) parents not wanting their kids on the bus.

    Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk

  14. #27520
    Take Your Whiskey Home

    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    6,869
    Posts Per Day
    0.94
    Last Online

    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    669
    Likes (Received)
    1051
    Thanks (Given)
    346
    Thanks (Received)
    600

    Achievements:
    Well-LikedKnight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster Praiser

    Default

    I have like 4 schools less than 2 miles from me. The bus goes through the neighborhood but never any kids on it
    Dealing with it.

  15. #27521
    Hot For Teacher
    Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    51
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    11,497
    Posts Per Day
    1.42
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    04.19.24 @ 11:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1600
    Likes (Received)
    882
    Thanks (Given)
    1702
    Thanks (Received)
    1898

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedThee King75,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    I've been weight training for about 37 years, started at a real "hardcore" gym that was a few blocks from my house. I have thought about doing a natural bodybuilding show in the past but I have some health issues that always pop up.

    anyway, I was at the gym on Sunday, a guy asked me to spot him on some incline dumbell presses. the weight was way to heavy for him. when you spot someone on this you usually will put your hands on their elbows and push them up. I think I tore my left bicep. not happy, it's a tear on the otter head of the muscle where it attaches to the shoulder. most video's I've seen say it's strictly a cosmetic thing. it looks weird to me. Just really bummed me out.

  16. #27522
    Mean Street
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    51
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    42,258
    Posts Per Day
    9.20
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    8915
    Likes (Received)
    10924
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    I've been weight training for about 37 years, started at a real "hardcore" gym that was a few blocks from my house. I have thought about doing a natural bodybuilding show in the past but I have some health issues that always pop up.

    anyway, I was at the gym on Sunday, a guy asked me to spot him on some incline dumbell presses. the weight was way to heavy for him. when you spot someone on this you usually will put your hands on their elbows and push them up. I think I tore my left bicep. not happy, it's a tear on the otter head of the muscle where it attaches to the shoulder. most video's I've seen say it's strictly a cosmetic thing. it looks weird to me. Just really bummed me out.
    Bro, if it was way too heavy for him, it was way too heavy for you to spot him.

    Bummer nonetheless.

  17. Elwood P. Liked This Post
  18. #27523
    Hot For Teacher
    Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    51
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    11,497
    Posts Per Day
    1.42
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    04.19.24 @ 11:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1600
    Likes (Received)
    882
    Thanks (Given)
    1702
    Thanks (Received)
    1898

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedThee King75,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Bro, if it was way too heavy for him, it was way too heavy for you to spot him.

    Bummer nonetheless.
    he got 3 reps, I was helping him on the 4th one.

    I never spot people, I don't know what I was thinking.

  19. #27524
    Master Bluesman
    Elwood P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.02
    Location
    1060 W. Addison, Chicago
    Posts
    8,971
    Posts Per Day
    1.10
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1750
    Likes (Received)
    1242
    Thanks (Given)
    2750
    Thanks (Received)
    1581


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Supremely-LikedThee King75,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    anyway, I was at the gym on Sunday, a guy asked me to spot him on some incline dumbell presses. the weight was way to heavy for him. when you spot someone on this you usually will put your hands on their elbows and push them up. I think I tore my left bicep. not happy, it's a tear on the otter head of the muscle where it attaches to the shoulder. most video's I've seen say it's strictly a cosmetic thing. it looks weird to me. Just really bummed me out.
    Head to the grocery store. Get about 20 lbs of bananas. Binge eat. Good for strained, pulled muscles.

    Hope you’re better soon.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

    "Rawhide in "A"

    Tom Brady hates tomatoes

  20. #27525
    Mean Street
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    51
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    42,258
    Posts Per Day
    9.20
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    8915
    Likes (Received)
    10924
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Fudd brought up cooking. Who does the cooking in your household, and what dish do you do best, and what's her best dish?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. "Say Uncle," "You Wear It Well," "River Wide" and "Left for Dead."
    By extreme red roth in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03.06.21, 02:47 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09.21.06, 10:36 AM
  3. The Official "Non Music" beats "VH Main" thread
    By WinterlessIceness in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03.20.06, 04:38 PM
  4. What were these little "jabs" you guys talk about on Stern?
    By VHwasCoolestWithDLR in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05.09.02, 03:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •