The "Talk About Anything" Thread - Page 1420
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  820
Page 1420 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 4209201320137014101417141814191420142114221423 ... LastLast
Results 21,286 to 21,300 of 21407
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Whatever happened with his roommate's claims that Flores admitted to the killing? Or his mother's neighbor witnessing 2 people carrying something heavy rolled up in a carpet? Or the hole they dug and covered with concrete?

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 06:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

You would think that testimony would have been enough to warrant being able to dig up the concrete. Boggles my mind that they are just now getting into the concrete, 25 years later.

Also, I'm amazed that dude is still in the country.

It's unbelievable they didn't arrest him 25 years ago, surprised he didn't make his way to a non-extradition country with a different name.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

I know they searched the dump because his dorm room window opened to the dumpsters.

But just as they reached the trash that had the date of that trash delivery, they ran out of money for the search and called it.

There is supposed to be an update in about 5 minutes, so we shall see.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 06:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I know they searched the dump because his dorm room window opened to the dumpsters.

But just as they reached the trash that had the date of that trash delivery, they ran out of money for the search and called it.

There is supposed to be an update in about 5 minutes, so we shall see.
    That's about the dumbest thing ever. Let's stop here because of money, but, let's keep working the case for the next 25 years. Those two don't align.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

5. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    That's about the dumbest thing ever. Let's stop here because of money, but, let's keep working the case for the next 25 years. Those two don't align.
    I didn't realize there was a podcast dedicated to this case, and started listening to it at lunch. Turns out, at the 2pm press conference, a discovery by the podcast led to the arrest today.

I will see if there is any more clarity on that search.

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.21 @ 04:41 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I always buy two or three year old cars. They usually still have some warranty left and you haven't lost $20K just by driving it off the lot like you do with a new car.
    That's what I did last time and I was very happy with that decision. Wasn't crazy about buying a van, but really needed it for my mother. So I bought a couple of years old and saved a bundle, so that made me feel better about driving a van. That "new car" feeling goes away fast anyway, but the payments don't

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Some used cars are bargains at that age. Most German cars drop in price as soon as you drive them. Korean cars as well but not as much. American cars take the biggest hit. But Honda and Toyota do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is very true. Toyotas really hold their value. Almost makes it worth buying new with incentives, etc. But Honda! I had never shopped for a Honda before and when I asked about any incentives the saleswoman sniffed and said they didn't do that because they felt those kind of programs cheapened the product. weird.

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.21 @ 04:41 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

You would think that testimony would have been enough to warrant being able to dig up the concrete. Boggles my mind that they are just now getting into the concrete, 25 years later.

Also, I'm amazed that dude is still in the country.

It's unbelievable they didn't arrest him 25 years ago, surprised he didn't make his way to a non-extradition country with a different name.
    Yeah I know that routine. Thank God the parents may finally, in their lifetime, learn the truth. No matter what, this is going to be like living the early days all over again. It's brutal

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Today @ 05:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    That's what I did last time and I was very happy with that decision. Wasn't crazy about buying a van, but really needed it for my mother. So I bought a couple of years old and saved a bundle, so that made me feel better about driving a van. That "new car" feeling goes away fast anyway, but the payments don't
    That's true. I guess it depends on whether you're buying a car for utility or if the car itself is part of the excitement. When I bought my first car right out of college (still driving it *fist pump*), getting a new car and getting the exact car I wanted was such a huge moment. Granted there were times at the end of the loan where I hated the idea of spending that $380 a month for a 5 year old car, but the joy it brought the first few years made it more than worth it in retrospect.

However, given the situation you just described, I think you made the right choice. There's no sense paying a premium for a car you're not that excited to drive when you can get a similar car at a discount.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Today @ 02:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Well-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I love this show. Last night was awesome.

Aaron Rodgers has yet another memorable moment hosting Jeopardy when none of the contestants answered a question about his team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Jeopardy.html
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Big Bad Bill
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

Today @ 09:27 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingWell-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    I love this show. Last night was awesome.

Aaron Rodgers has yet another memorable moment hosting Jeopardy when none of the contestants answered a question about his team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Jeopardy.html
    I am a dedicated viewer of the show. All my family and friends know not to call me during that time unless it is a real emergency. No one will ever fill Trebek’s shoes but I am glad they continued. Ken, the producer and Aaron are the three guest hosts I have liked.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Today @ 05:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Chipped my front tooth last night so I pretty much look like this:

Jim-Carrey.jpg

Thankfully I can get it repaired today!
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:13 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedKnight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life Points

Rodgers has gotten better then the first couple episodes I saw. Though i imagine they film all these episodes in a couple days.
    The packer question nobody knew was funny, unless it was planned that way
    Dealing with it.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

If I didn't think Paul Flores was guilty before, I definitely do now, 3.5 episodes into this podcast.

Remember there is evidence that they possibly, initially, buried her in his mom's backyard. But what police did not realize was that mom and dad were separated and mom was living on a second property that police assumed was a rental property. So they not only never did initial forensics on dad's property, they never initially searched mom's property at all.

Cadaver dogs didn't just hit on his dorm room. And it isn't like drug dogs where cops can initiate a "hit." They do these blindly. The dogs are led by their owners and the owners do not know which room is suspect. The first dog went through three dorm buildings and hit on one room--Flores'. Upon entering, it hit on a corner of the mattress (in one huge mistake, campus police let the dorms be thoroughly cleaned for the summer before this happened). Then, without knowing that, the second dog is led through and, same thing, it hit on his room and went to the mattress corner. So they remove the mattress and frame and bring the third dog through the three buildings. Same, hit on only his room, and went to where the mattress corner was. This dog also hit on a trashcan in the room. So then they removed the trashcan and lined that can up with several others in the hallway and had the dog smell again and it hit on the same classroom. These dogs are trained to smell certain chemicals that are released by a human body within minutes of death.

Back to mom's backyard. They rented that property later that summer and a couple moved in. There was a trashcan in the yard they were told NOT to touch and Flores' dad would be back to get it. Later, when cadaver dogs searched the backyard, they hit on where that trashcan had been. AS they moved in they found an earring between the driveway and backyard with a red smudge on it and they gave it to the cops. The cops lost it. But we know what it looked like and it turns out it matches the jewelry Smart is wearing in her senior pictures.

There is a 6' by 3' section of the backyard with a planter in concrete. Turns out that spot, below the dirt, under the soil, there is more concrete. Tech looking underground found anomalies. That section, at least through episode 3, has not been dug up. But here is the creepy thing. Every morning at 4:20 am, a watch alarm would start beeping outside the bedroom window around that 6' by 3' section. They searched and searched for the source, they dug a few inches, but could never find it. IT eventually stopped after time passed.

But if you don't listen closely to Kristin Smart's mother's interview in episode 1, you will miss that Kristin's busy schedule meant she got up around 4:30am every morning to go swimming at the gym.

15. Wruff_ajax, bsbll4 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    If I didn't think Paul Flores was guilty before, I definitely do now, 3.5 episodes into this podcast.

Remember there is evidence that they possibly, initially, buried her in his mom's backyard. But what police did not realize was that mom and dad were separated and mom was living on a second property that police assumed was a rental property. So they not only never did initial forensics on dad's property, they never initially searched mom's property at all.

Cadaver dogs didn't just hit on his dorm room. And it isn't like drug dogs where cops can initiate a "hit." They do these blindly. The dogs are led by their owners and the owners do not know which room is suspect. The first dog went through three dorm buildings and hit on one room--Flores'. Upon entering, it hit on a corner of the mattress (in one huge mistake, campus police let the dorms be thoroughly cleaned for the summer before this happened). Then, without knowing that, the second dog is led through and, same thing, it hit on his room and went to the mattress corner. So they remove the mattress and frame and bring the third dog through the three buildings. Same, hit on only his room, and went to where the mattress corner was. This dog also hit on a trashcan in the room. So then they removed the trashcan and lined that can up with several others in the hallway and had the dog smell again and it hit on the same classroom. These dogs are trained to smell certain chemicals that are released by a human body within minutes of death.

Back to mom's backyard. They rented that property later that summer and a couple moved in. There was a trashcan in the yard they were told NOT to touch and Flores' dad would be back to get it. Later, when cadaver dogs searched the backyard, they hit on where that trashcan had been. AS they moved in they found an earring between the driveway and backyard with a red smudge on it and they gave it to the cops. The cops lost it. But we know what it looked like and it turns out it matches the jewelry Smart is wearing in her senior pictures.

There is a 6' by 3' section of the backyard with a planter in concrete. Turns out that spot, below the dirt, under the soil, there is more concrete. Tech looking underground found anomalies. That section, at least through episode 3, has not been dug up. But here is the creepy thing. Every morning at 4:20 am, a watch alarm would start beeping outside the bedroom window around that 6' by 3' section. They searched and searched for the source, they dug a few inches, but could never find it. IT eventually stopped after time passed.

But if you don't listen closely to Kristin Smart's mother's interview in episode 1, you will miss that Kristin's busy schedule meant she got up around 4:30am every morning to go swimming at the gym.
    I gotta say, LM, from your first post about this story/case, I thought it seemed kind of obvious, with what the neighbor saw and the hole covered by concrete. Now all this added info with the cadaver dogs and the watch alarm. It's coming across like such an open and shut case. Shame the case seemed to be bungled early on and that it took so long. Hopefully they find her body for that added bit of closure.

17. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:16 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Tapatalk is so glitchy.

Someone quotes me and I get a notification like 7 hours later that they did. I know. I saw it 7 hours ago.