Posts Per Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laner:
    i cringed when i heard that civilian lives were lost because of it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, the terrorists attacked us on OUR soil, unprovoked, and took about six THOUSAND civilians' lives. It was their goal. It was their intent.

To feel bad about them losing a few civilians? Tough fucking shit. They knew who bombed us, and they obviously didn't feel too badly about it. They KNEW we were going to retaliate, and they had their chance to get out of harm's way. They live in a country that supports attacks like those on the WTC and Pentagon. As a result, they are the enemy, whether they chose it or not. This is WAR-and ALL Americans are now potential victims.

To feel bad for THEIR civilians, after they killed about 6,000 of ours, is LUDICROUS. Fuck them; at least they had a WARNING, and with that warning a choice. To quote the knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, they 'chose poorly'.

Sorry Laner, nothing personal here, but take that flower-power and stick it where it won't be getting much sun. 6,000 innocent American civilians were already killed, and for NO REASON. If a few 'innocent' people in Afghanistan (and 'innocent' is a BIG assumption right now) get killed, tough shit. I know you're young and idealistic, and that the concept has yet to sink in, but you've shown more sympathy on these boards for the foreign civilians who MAY have been killed than you have for the 6,000+ innocent Americans who were (without any doubt) murdered by an unprovoked, unexpected, and unexpected terrorist attack.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

What Abe said, in capital F#%*ing letters.

Sinner's Swing!

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    I'm not very religious, but it's funny how The Bible always contradicts itself...

1 philosophy: "An Eye For an Eye...etc"
    2 philosophy: "Turn The Other Cheek...."

In this latest situation with The Taliban, I chose to agree with philosophy #1 !!!!!!

~BC
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the essential difference between the Old Testament (B.C.) & New Testament (A.D.) for ya. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.26.21 @ 11:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    Here's how to get through to those peace-monkies exactly how foolish they are being (note-this is a hypothetical situation...don't try this at home, kids):

Go to a peace rally. Flash someone the peace symbol. When they flash it back, sucker punch them as hard as you can. If they swing back, point out that they are giving in to violence, and are therefore a hypocrite. If they try to peacefully talk to you about what you did, punch them again. Every time they open their mouth, punch them again. And again and again. Once they're down for the count, remind them that this is the same situation that happened in the terrorist attacks, and that a peaceful resolution is NOT the answer. When they finally realize that there is no possible peaceful response, hit them one last time for good measure.

And if they still don't conform to blind sheepriotism, fucking throw em in the ovens like Hitler did. Goddamn it, if we're gonna have a one party fascist state where dissenting opinions are not allowed, we might as well go all the way with it, right?

What SHOULD become obvious to all of them is that a violent aggressor is NOT going to be swayed by anything short of a physical retaliation. Sure, you'll go to jail for assault and battery, but as an example, it's very effective. Keep in mind, if the peaceniks all stand around and try to 'reason' with you, they are letting an innocent victim get the shit beat out of them. If they physically defend your chosen victim, then they have completely exposed for all to see their complete lack of sincerity for their 'cause'.

Abe, you need to put this in the proper perspective. The cause of protesting for peace is VERY sincere. I happen to believe it is not appropriate in this case, as do you, but that doesn't mean it's any less sincere. The simple fact is that very few, if any, of these protestors were around for World War II. They have never before been in a situation where the United States was attacked. All of the "wars" we have been involved in between WWII and now were either UN directed imperialistic "police actions" such as Korea or Vietnam, or corporate profit driven bullshit like George Bush Sr's oil war 10 years ago. (and don't bother defending that shit. If it was about fighting tyrrany, Saddam wouldn't be there now).

My point is there has been no REAL threat to the United States in almost 60 years (apart from the USSR nuclear shit). We as a country are not used to it. Peace hippie or warmongers either one. They're trying to deal with the situation the only way they know how, as are you. Maybe their solutions don't apply in this case, but all of yours probably don't either. For example, any conventionally "accepted" strategies of war go out the window when you don't know who the fuck you are declaring war on.

The moral of the story is simple: over 6,000 people were sucker-punched on the highest level, and many more were lucky to get away with their lives and a scarred body. To even consider that peace is a possible solution is ridiculous. Peace went out the window once that first plane flew IN the window.

Believe me, my first instinct is to look for a peaceful solution. I come up with zero this time, as much as I hate to admit it.

To protest against the military actions being taken does NOT serve any purpose other than to stir MORE trouble, and they know it. That sort of thinking was the undoing of the US military efforts in Vietnam. It causes more harm than anything else.

It is not a comparable situation. We had no business in Vietnam in the first place. It had NOTHING to do with the security of the United States, and even the generals who led that fucking mess now admit it was a mistake. Also, protesting the military's action is constitutionally protected free speech. And while I'm not going to oppose this at the moment, I could easily change my mind if and when it ever takes on other motives besides fighting terrorism. (i.e. wholesale slaughter of civilians in the Middle East)

While they have the 'right' to say whatever the hell they want, they have ZERO credibility, and ZERO common sense. Unfortunately, the media keeps giving these assholes airtime, and along with it, a sense of accomplishment. The anti-US movements worldwide must be sitting back getting a good laugh over stories like that on the news; it just shows them how many weak-minded fools we have here.

There's nothing at all "weak minded" about standing up for what you believe in, especially when it's not popular. I would say that weak-minded is a good description for those who give their blind allegiance to someone or something just because they are told it's the "right" thing to do. Which is why I coined the term "Sheepriotism".

As a result, it just opens the doors to further attacks, as per the sucker-punch scenario above.

Bullshit Abe. The terrorists are more likely to hit us again because of the military actions than they are because of the protests. After all, they're convinced that God is on their side. But then again, so's Bush.

If they want to protest, fine. But for the news to cover it like they do, that just fuels the enemy's fire. And THAT is why they need to shut the fuck up, shove those peace signs up their asses, and keep their foolishness in private. It only gives the enemy MORE incentive to attack again.

These terrorists are psychotic. The way I see it, they have two game plans:

a) "We attack the Great Satan. They do nothing. We know they are cowards and we conquer them in the name of Allah."

b) "The Great Satan retaliates against us. We convince the entire Muslim world that it is time for a worldwide Jihad to defend the Faith against the Satanic infidel Americans"

Now, how do the peace protestors fit in to either of those plans, unless they manage to convince Bush Jr to call off the war? And we all know that's not gonna happen. On the other hand, their "plan B" becomes much more feasible, with each bomb that kills non-terrorists sending more Muslims their direction. Now THAT is something George Jr and the boys had better consider very carefully.

[ October 12, 2001 at 04:22 PM: Message edited by: FORD ]

[ October 12, 2001 at 04:29 PM: Message edited by: FORD ]
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

It's not weak-minded to follow ones' beliefs, but it's certainly weak-minded to believe that peace is the answer. You said yourself that you don't see a peaceful resolution to this as a possibility, FORD. Those people out there with the signs haven't given the issue any thought at all. Who are the sheep?

If going over there and killing off terrorists and their supporters breeds more terrorism, so be it. We'll kill them too.

Sitting around on our asses and giving up our own freedoms isn't the solution. Terrorism will be seen as an effective way of neutralizing the vast resources and abilities of first world countries. Fuck that. If these shitheads in their designer tie-die t-shirts want to protest something, they should go to countries that support terrorism and preach their peace bullshit there. They might learn something--if they live.

[ October 12, 2001 at 05:17 PM: Message edited by: MikeL ]

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

04.28.18 @ 03:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    These protesters don't have a clue. No sense of history; no sense of right and wrong. They sure think they do, but they don't look beyond Vietnam. Short-sighted, stupid motherfuckers in search of a cause.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Outstanding observation Mike. You're begining to sound more and more like me as the days go on.

FORD, you're starting to come around to the right way of thinking (common sense). Don't let your hatred for a certain political family cloud your mind on how we should be handling this situation. Anyone with half a brain and some backbone knows our only option now is to crush the terrorists.

Abe - magnificant post.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

11.30.20 @ 10:01 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

[ October 13, 2001 at 02:41 AM: Message edited by: VanEdge ]
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH (Translucent Red)
    1993 EBMM EVH (Translucent Yellow)
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang (Translucent Purple)
    2005 EVH Art Series Charvel (Red/White/Black Stripe)
    2009 EVH Wolfgang (Tobacco Sunburst)

THE INTERNET HAS BEEN GIVEN FAIR WARNING... VHLINKS/FORUMS WILL NOT DIE!!! - VanEdge

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge

"See, all I do is make music..." - EVH

"Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Van Gully:

FORD, you're starting to come around to the right way of thinking (common sense). Don't let your hatred for a certain political family cloud your mind on how we should be handling this situation. Anyone with half a brain and some backbone knows our only option now is to crush the terrorists.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VG, my wayof thinking isn't "coming around" to anything. My position on this situation has been the same since the minute I saw the second plane hit the tower and realized this was no accident. Ok, maybe a couple hours after that, as it was 6 AM out here and I hadn't even had coffee yet when I saw it. Seemed like a bad dream at the time....

Anyway, I have been in favor of retaliation against the terrorists from the beginning. It's only assholes like Timmy the Bitch (and his virtual Walton family of personalities) who have tried to distort my position into some sort of "terrorist sympathizing communist" or whatever.

As I said, should this war ever spread beyond the pursuit of terrorists and become a wholesale slaughter of the Arab world, I could very likely reconsider my position. As for my feelings on the Bush family, those aren't gonna change. I know far too much about their criminal dealings to ever pretend to support them. Bush's dad trained Bin Laden and armed him in the first place. You cannot overlook that reality when it comes to figuring out how we got into this mess, and how to NOT get in a similar mess in the future, once we get these particular camel raping bastards out of the way.
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

04.28.18 @ 03:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:

As I said, should this war ever spread beyond the pursuit of terrorists and become a wholesale slaughter of the Arab world, I could very likely reconsider my position. As for my feelings on the Bush family, those aren't gonna change. I know far too much about their criminal dealings to ever pretend to support them. Bush's dad trained Bin Laden and armed him in the first place. You cannot overlook that reality when it comes to figuring out how we got into this mess, and how to NOT get in a similar mess in the future, once we get these particular camel raping bastards out of the way.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't think its going to become a "wholesale slaughter of the Arab world." The Adminstration, I think, has made it pretty clear what our goals are, at least with Afganistan.

Now, Saying Bush Sr. is a criminal for arming Usama and his ilk, to fight the Ruskies, is kind of a weak arguement. We took chances throughout our history when it comes to supporting and arming certain groups to support our various causes. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doen't. It not so much that wen armed and supoported them, but what we did or didn't do after we accomplished our main objective.

Don't forget that other Presidents (Democrats) have similar backrounds as the Bush family. And they got themselves into sticky situtions all for the purpose of fulling our national/international agenda(s).

For example: JFK, he ok'd the Bay of Pigs invasion and then at the last moment said no to the air support we promised them (The Cuban exiles). Because of that "bad" decision people who supported our government were slaughtered. Let us not forget that JFk was the first President to substantionally upscale our presence in Vietnam. And when it comes to criminal enterprises the Kennedys are no angels. Joe Kennedy was a big time bootlegger and a member of organized crime; who, according to some, bought his son the presidency.

How about Johnson? He stuck even more troops into Vietnam and didn't give his top leaders clear and concise goals to achieve. Maybe he was more worried about the money his oil business/investments were making him?

See, it's not always the Republicans who step on their crank when it comes to foreign policy.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Van Gully:

Well, I don't think its going to become a "wholesale slaughter of the Arab world." The Adminstration, I think, has made it pretty clear what our goals are, at least with Afganistan.

But the term "those who support terrorists" is pretty ambiguous. According to some dickless wonders, that would include me. Can't that be interepreted to mean just about anything? After all, every muslim on earth believes in the same religion they do (supposedly). I'm all for wasting Bin Laden and the Taliban, but they're already adding Iraq to the picture. Now while Saddam isn't a nice guy, Bush Jr has nobody but Daddy to blame for him still being there. And suppose they do hit Iraq. Then where do we go? Iran, because they hit us with terrorism in 1979? And then Libya? Syria? Any country who opposes Israel? Where do we draw the line with this?

Now, Saying Bush Sr. is a criminal for arming Usama and his ilk, to fight the Ruskies, is kind of a weak arguement. We took chances throughout our history when it comes to supporting and arming certain groups to support our various causes.

The Bush family track record goes way beyond that. Prescott Bush (George Sr's daddy) helped to bankroll none other than Adolf Hitler. Granted, Grandpa Bush may not have realized he was dealing with a tyrant who would try to take over the entire world, but Hitler's genocidal hatred of Jews was made obvious from the beginning of his political career. There are other things that merit discussion, such as Bush's role in CIA drug trafficking and the fact that he just happenned to be in Dallas Texas on 11/22/63. (No, I'm not saying he did it, but I'll bet he knows exactly who did and was most likely part of the coverup). Then there's the October Surprise from 1980 which extended the hostage crisis, bringing a sure defeat to Jimmy Carter, and laying the foundation for the Iran Contra scandal in the 80's. But as I said, those things can be discussed in detail another time.

Don't forget that other Presidents (Democrats) have similar backrounds as the Bush family. And they got themselves into sticky situtions all for the purpose of fulling our national/international agenda(s).

For example: JFK, he ok'd the Bay of Pigs invasion and then at the last moment said no to the air support we promised them (The Cuban exiles). Because of that "bad" decision people who supported our government were slaughtered.

Point taken, but the Bay of Pigs scenario was more or less inherited by the Kennedy administration. It was Eisenhower who initially had planned the invasion shortly after Castro had assumed power in Cuba. Incidentally it should be said that Eisenhower (who I respect as a great leader in WWII if nothing else) really fucked up in Cuba by not helping Castro when he asked for it first. When Ike refused, Nikita Kruschev came knocking and the rest is history.

Let us not forget that JFk was the first President to substantionally upscale our presence in Vietnam. And when it comes to criminal enterprises the Kennedys are no angels. Joe Kennedy was a big time bootlegger and a member of organized crime; who, according to some, bought his son the presidency.

OK, you have a point on Joe Kennedy. But bootlegging still beats bankrolling Hitler [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

How about Johnson? He stuck even more troops into Vietnam and didn't give his top leaders clear and concise goals to achieve. Maybe he was more worried about the money his oil business/investments were making him?

Not a big LBJ fan here. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was in on the JFK hit. Oil in Vietnam... I had no idea. I had always heard it was CIA drug trafficking that was one of the key issues. Hmmm... a Texas oilman starting a war to protect oil profits. I thought that only happenned in 1991 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

See, it's not always the Republicans who step on their crank when it comes to foreign policy.

Never said it was. I just happen to think they've been a little more hypocritical about it. Actually, if I were George Bush Jr I would be more pissed at my dad than anyone else.
    Eat Us And Smile

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Anyway, I have been in favor of retaliation against the terrorists from the beginning. It's only assholes like Timmy the Bitch (and his virtual Walton family of personalities) who have tried to distort my position into some sort of "terrorist sympathizing communist" or whatever.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are YOU starting bullshit again asshole?
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Go fuck yourself bitch. These guys aren't two faced bury-their-fucking-heads-in-the-sand ostriches like $tark$ and his crew. Your bullshit campaign isn't happening here. And if you were any kind of decent human being at all, you would send Sarge a check for what this memory upgrade is costing him, since it's your (and Hitch's) endless spamming of stupid bullshit pictures that is clogging up the Army server.
    Eat Us And Smile

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Go fuck yourself bitch. These guys aren't two faced bury-their-fucking-heads-in-the-sand ostriches like $tark$ and his crew.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is true. Except they aren't on your side. You're a fucking nut and they know it. Breathe in, breathe out!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Your bullshit campaign isn't happening here.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just like at the Dome, I didn't bring it here. You did. Who was the first one to post? I didn't say a damn thing about you, until YOU brought me up.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And if you were any kind of decent human being at all, you would send Sarge a check for what this memory upgrade is costing him, since it's your (and Hitch's) endless spamming of stupid bullshit pictures that is clogging up the Army server.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much did you send asshole?

It just so happens I talked to Sarge on Friday night. They company screwed up. Instead of adding memory, they removed it, and it fucked it all up. He was on the phone with them, and they fixed the problem. He wouldn't tell you that anyway, since he can't stand you. LOL! So you keep thinking the way you think you delusional fuck! You have no support here. This is where I come to have nice discussions. You can throw mud somewhere else you FAIR WEATHER LINKER! :fu4: &lt;----DIF

[ October 14, 2001 at 10:29 AM: Message edited by: TimPabs1 ]

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Stop the love fest, gentlemen. This isn't the place for it. Take it somewhere else.

Keep this thread on topic.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    Stop the love fest, gentlemen. This isn't the place for it. Take it somewhere else.

Keep this thread on topic.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn straight. I didn't bring it here. I don't want it here! Stay on the topic. Beautiful.