PDA

View Full Version : Any Hagar tour sell-outs?

timmytripper
06.20.06, 12:31 AM
Have any of the Hagar dates been sell-outs, or even close? I know some of you guys know where to look for tour stats.

RKVH5150
06.20.06, 05:50 AM
I believe the 6 club shows in Tahoe and the 2 in Bakersfield were sold out.

However since he is playing 15,000-20,000 seat ampitheaters I doubt they are selling out. Van Halen didn't sell 15,000 tickets too many times in 2004, so I doubt Sammy is doing it solo.

Model Citizen
06.20.06, 06:06 AM
Shows in Birmingham and Atlanta were cancelled. I assume due to the lack of ticket sales.

RKVH5150
06.20.06, 06:55 AM
Shows in Birmingham and Atlanta were cancelled. I assume due to the lack of ticket sales.

I believe in Atlanta that was the case.

Birmingham was cancelled less than a week after the tickets went on sale. Birmingham was on Ticketmaster for a week or so, then it was cancelled. Even if sales were low, that wasn't enough time to tell. So I guess having 3 shows within a couple of hours of each other (Nashville, Atlanta & B-Ham) caused it to be cancelled. Atlanta is just a horrible place for concerts as I have been to several there and almost none of them sell out for hot artists, so Sammy didn't have much hope there.

grifhaln
06.20.06, 07:38 PM
Have any of the Hagar dates been sell-outs, or even close? I know some of you guys know where to look for tour stats.

I havent seen any actual numbers...but I was at West Palm and Tampa..on stage!...my est at the West Palm show was about 8000+ and Tampa was probably around 6500-7000. The crowds were rockin and had 95% of the pavilions(sp?) packed! Pretty good size crowds...seeing that most "older" acts seem to need to tour with another band to get decent/consistant crowds. If you havent seen a Sam show in awhile...you need to go!! it feels the way vh shows used to feel...just balls out rock and roll...they way its supposed to be...fun!!!! without all of the bs...just a bunch of friends havin one hell of a time and playin the music they love to play!!

Grif

TOM_5150
06.22.06, 10:17 PM
The Houston show was pretty full.

Hagar4ever
06.23.06, 07:37 AM
Like we always do in Detroit, he has sold out the pavilion and is damn close to selling out the lawn. DETROIT ROCK CITY BABY

Bob_R
06.23.06, 12:08 PM
Artist/Event: SAMMY HAGAR & THE WABOS, MICHAEL ANTHONY
Venue: Cricket Pavilion
City/State: Phoenix, Ariz.
Date: June 4, 2006
Gross Sales: $95,436
Attendance: 5,670
Capacity: 19,969

ZORBA5150
06.23.06, 12:29 PM
Artist/Event: SAMMY HAGAR & THE WABOS, MICHAEL ANTHONY

That's pretty bad. I figured the numbers to be like that for a place with a capacity in the 15,000-20,000 range.

RKVH5150
06.23.06, 01:25 PM
The big problem is there aren't many facilities that are in the 5,000-10,000 range. They are either in the 2,000-5,000 or the 15,000-20,000 range.

There are no mid sized arenas or ampitheaters in most cities. You either pack a small place or fill up half of a large place.

RcoasterA
06.23.06, 04:40 PM
EVH FANATIC where do you get your data from? It's not that I don't trust you, but it just sounds like something that isn't that easy to get a hold of.

grifhaln
06.23.06, 05:50 PM
That's pretty bad. I figured the numbers to be like that for a place with a capacity in the 15,000-20,000 range.

exactly how is that bad?? he gets close to 6000-9,000 everywhere he plays! be "real world" my friend...thats damn good for a SOLO "older act"!
Minus country music...how many "solo" acts can do that?...not more than a dozen or so. and if you are just talking about bands that have been doing it as long as Sam..its much fewer! why do you think its so popular to tour with multiple bands these days?

if you want to see shit numbers...wait till the DLR numbers come out! trust me...they will be very sad!

Grif

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.23.06, 05:55 PM
Grif..he is touring with Mike. And without Mike, that 6000 would be 1000. He is also selling tickets for $10.

grifhaln
06.23.06, 06:32 PM
Grif..he is touring with Mike. And without Mike, that 6000 would be 1000. He is also selling tickets for $10.

Are you really this delusional?? Sam has been getting the same 6000-9000 on every tour! it may have been closer to 6 during some tours...but check the facts before you make dumb ass comments! and dont come back with the handful of shows on each tour that had 4,302 people.

and dont twist the "facts' to your liking...the $10 tickets are lawn moron! decent seats in the pavilion are $60-$75. maybe the ticket person you spoke too, was trained to weed out the morons and put them on the lawn!

btw-its about time bands start charging $10 for lawn...thats all its worth and very few fill the lawn anyway. most band are doing this now...at least in Fla.

Grif

grifhaln
06.23.06, 06:40 PM

....out of curiosity, how many people do you really think Mikey can pull in?? maybe a 1000? how many fans of any band care that much about the bass player...I do!..but unfortunately not enough care one way another. Check out the ad...Mikeys pic is the same size as the other members and its "billed" in fairly small type face. If Mikey was that big of a draw, it would be promoted much different!

Grif

Greenpaw
06.23.06, 06:53 PM
That's still the most attendance for any Van Halen members past or present this summer :cool:

Funny that FWR! would say that Mike is the big draw when a few days ago he was cryin about how Billy Sheehan would be better than Mike in VH because no one cares about Mike except people here :rolleyes: Mike doesn't have any affect on ticket prices, blah blah

Well which is it, is he a big draw or a non factor?

grifhaln
06.23.06, 07:02 PM
That's still the most attendance for any Van Halen members past or present this summer :cool:

Funny that FWR! would say that Mike is the big draw when a few days ago he was cryin about how Billy Sheehan would be better than Mike in VH because no one cares about Mike except people here :rolleyes:

Well which is it?

I was just thinkin that same thing! more "twisting" of the truth, to make your world a happier place??

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.23.06, 07:16 PM

Funny that FWR! would say that Mike is the big draw when a few days ago he was cryin about how Billy Sheehan would be better than Mike in VH because no one cares about Mike except people here :rolleyes: Mike doesn't have any affect on ticket prices, blah blah

Well which is it, is he a big draw or a non factor?Mike would have very little affect on VH ticket prices. But face it, people want to hear Vh music, and VH is not touring, so they come to see the Other Half. Consider that $ammy's last 2 solo albums sold 40,000 copies...not exactly setting the world on fire.

Foamfoot
06.23.06, 08:12 PM
Mike would have very little affect on VH ticket prices. But face it, people want to hear Vh music, and VH is not touring, so they come to see the Other Half. Consider that $ammy's last 2 solo albums sold 40,000 copies...not exactly setting the world on fire.

LOL!!! It just gets better and better!!! MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

timmac
06.23.06, 08:43 PM
Cricket Pavilion is an outdoor venue in Phoenix in June. We've been 100+ degrees out for over a month now - not very hospitable for anyone, any time of the day or night. I'd bet that attendance would have been better at some place with air conditioning!

Van Squalen
06.23.06, 09:36 PM
But face it, people want to hear Vh music, and VH is not touring, so they come to see the Other Half.

Actually, people are going to Sammy concerts to see Sammy. The Other Half is a bonus, not the main draw. They're not lead billing. He really does have a fan base. Amazing, isn't it. :rolleyes:

smithjc
06.24.06, 12:31 AM
I went to one of Sammy's shows when he first started his cabo thing and that whole vibe wasn't "it" for me. I really didn't care for the lounge/cabana thing he had going with people partying around him and drinks being served on stage. it was kinda strange, at least to me.

But if Mikey shows up all bets are off b/c he'd be the main draw for me. :D

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.24.06, 06:12 AM
Actually, people are going to Sammy concerts to see Sammy. The Other Half is a bonus, not the main draw. They're not lead billing. He really does have a fan base. Amazing, isn't it. :rolleyes:
Not saying he doesn't have a fan base...I used to be one of them. But his last 2 albums sold 40,000 copies each...that speaks for itself.

Foamfoot
06.24.06, 06:27 AM
Not saying he doesn't have a fan base...I used to be one of them. But his last 2 albums sold 40,000 copies each...that speaks for itself.

Isn't 40K each pretty good in this day and age?

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.24.06, 07:00 AM
No...40,000 copies sold is not good. That is why Sam no longer had a record contract and had to search around for someone to release his new cd (Rhino).

Foamfoot
06.24.06, 07:18 AM
No...40,000 copies sold is not good. That is why Sam no longer had a record contract and had to search around for someone to release his new cd (Rhino).

What IS good then?

RKVH5150
06.24.06, 08:07 AM
40,000 copies sold is better than the 0 copies sold of new Van Halen albums in the past 8 years.

40,000 isn't very good, however in this day and age of internet downloads it's hard for people to even go gold anymore.

Did DLR's "Diamond Dave" album sell anything? (I know of one copy, as I bought it.)

Fair Warning Rocks, so you are saying Mikey adds 5,000 people to Sammy's shows? Do you realize, no matter how much all of us know Mikey, how many people out there can't name the bass player from Van Halen despite loving their music? You are seriously reaching there. We get it, you don't care much for Sammy on this tour. No need to ruin your credibility.

Van Squalen
06.24.06, 10:01 AM

Albums and their bulk sales are a dying commodity as it is, much less for solo artists and not top brand names or radio flash-in-the-pan flavors of the month.

What speaks for itself is the people at the shows. Love 'em or lump 'em, they're mostly Redheads (as opposed to VH fans taking what they can get), and they're a force unto themselves.

That said, I'm unsure a five hour tequilafest beforehand is a good mix for Sammy cats, if Devore was any indication. :cool:

Bob_R
06.24.06, 11:08 AM
Did DLR's "Diamond Dave" album sell anything? (I know of one copy, as I bought it.)

Make that two. I bought it as well. I thought it stunk and the last I knew ( quite awhile ago) it had sold about 15,000 copies.

More importantly at the moment, this thread is about Hagar dude. :)

Greenpaw
06.24.06, 11:24 AM
EVH FANATIC where do you get your data from? It's not that I don't trust you, but it just sounds like something that isn't that easy to get a hold of.

Yeah, a source for the info would be nice :)

RKVH5150
06.24.06, 12:29 PM
Make that two. I bought it as well. I thought it stunk and the last I knew ( quite awhile ago) it had sold about 15,000 copies.

More importantly at the moment, this thread is about Hagar dude. :)

I was using it as an example to show that it's not just Sammy. I know, I shouldn't have used DLR as a reference as it would start a war, my fault on that one.

Hell, even the last two Van Halen releases haven't done anywhere near what the band has done in the past. Album and ticket sales are down across the board, not just in our fractured family.

Pacfanweb
06.26.06, 07:10 AM
B.S. There are probably about 10 people there because Mikey is with him, if that many.
Mike being there means that more of the Van Hagar catalog will be played. If someone wasn't going to go because they didn't like Sammy's solo stuff, they certainly aren't going to want to hear the VH stuff without Eddie and Alex.

RKVH5150
06.26.06, 07:19 AM
Does anyone have the official totals on the recent album sales or at least where to look?

Also, tickets are $10, $20 & $50. It's not like every seat in the venue are $10. Those are just lawn tickets.

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.26.06, 08:25 AM
B.S. There are probably about 10 people there because Mikey is with him, if that many.
Mike being there means that more of the Van Hagar catalog will be played. If someone wasn't going to go because they didn't like Sammy's solo stuff, they certainly aren't going to want to hear the VH stuff without Eddie and Alex.10 people? OK Beavis. Sammy's solo career is basically over. He knew this in 2002 and recruited DLR for that tour to draw interest. In 2003 he was going to open for Lynyrd Skynyrd, but that tour was cancelled due to health problems for Gary Rossington. Now, 2006, he recruits Mike and calls it the Other Half, advertising that a set of VH material will be played. Smart marketing on $am's beahalf. The bottom line is his record sales have been downhill since MTM. His last 2 albums sold 40,000 copies. And I bet his new release $am I Am will not sell any better.

RKVH5150
06.26.06, 09:28 AM
10 people? OK Beavis. Sammy's solo career is basically over. He knew this in 2002 and recruited DLR for that tour to draw interest. In 2003 he was going to open for Lynyrd Skynyrd, but that tour was cancelled due to health problems for Gary Rossington. Now, 2006, he recruits Mike and calls it the Other Half, advertising that a set of VH material will be played. Smart marketing on $am's beahalf. The bottom line is his record sales have been downhill since MTM. His last 2 albums sold 40,000 copies. And I bet his new release $am I Am will not sell any better.

Ok, you being the expert on all music careers, please tell me what is the purpose behind your "I hate Sammy, he sucks, his career is over posts"?

He drew around 7,000 in Nashville over the weekend. Drawing crowds in the thousands doesn't mean a career is over. I'm not sure what point you are trying to get at, or why you are even making that point other than you just like being an ass on an internet forum.

What do you like aside from Fair Warning?

gonzo67
06.26.06, 09:35 AM
10 people? OK Beavis. Sammy's solo career is basically over. He knew this in 2002 and recruited DLR for that tour to draw interest. In 2003 he was going to open for Lynyrd Skynyrd, but that tour was cancelled due to health problems for Gary Rossington. Now, 2006, he recruits Mike and calls it the Other Half, advertising that a set of VH material will be played. Smart marketing on $am's beahalf. The bottom line is his record sales have been downhill since MTM. His last 2 albums sold 40,000 copies. And I bet his new release $am I Am will not sell any better.

The reason that the Sam and Dave tour happend is because Sammy wanted to do a Van Halen tour with Sam and Dave for the fans. The bro's did not want that to happen so they went ahead and toured together. Sam wanted to play for the fans with Dave and he wouldn't do. Who really cares about their fans? Who do you really think needed that tour, Sam or Dave? Regarding record sales, there are not many older artist that make their money selling records any more, Sam is not the only one. Dave's "bluegrass" record is a joke.
As for Sammy being over, he can still do 7-10k per show, larger in St. Louis and Detroit and have fun doing it. He is doing what he want's and has fun doing it while being cool to his fans.
I go to both shows when they hit town and Sam and Dave both do good but different shows. Sammy play's with his fans, Dave plays to his fans.

Greenpaw
06.26.06, 09:45 AM
Still have yet to see any sources behind the attendance figures and the "His last 2 albums sold 40,000" claims. Not saying they aren't true, but those "facts" had to come from somewhere right?

BTW, speaking of facts and figures, according to the RIAA (http://www.riaa.com/), Fair Warning sold only 2 million, the least selling VH studio album next to VH3.

ron
06.26.06, 09:48 AM
And I bet his new release Sam I Am will not sell any better.
Assuming you mean "Livin' It Up!"....
That's because it's being released two weeks before the end of the tour. Had it been out at the beginning of the tour (and on sale at the shows), it would have done much better (IMO).

Apocalypso
06.26.06, 10:23 AM
Mike being there means that more of the Van Hagar catalog will be played. If someone wasn't going to go because they didn't like Sammy's solo stuff, they certainly aren't going to want to hear the VH stuff without Eddie and Alex.

That's rediculous. First off, it's no coincidence that Hagar with Van Halen sold millions of albums while Sammy alone has never come close to even the weakest selling VH/Sammy era album. It's because with Van Halen, Hagar put out far better material then he's ever done on his own. The public know it and record sales support that fact.

A major drawing point to Sammy's current tour is the fact that he is playing a significant number of Van Halen hits with Michael Anthony for the last 3rd of his set, far moreso then any of his previous solo tours. This fact is being singled out in advertising and it is unquestionably Hagar's biggest selling point for his current tour. In addition, most people here have noted in reviews of his shows that the Van Halen segment with Mike is easily the high point of the concert. You take away the large number of Van Halen tunes being played as well as Mike's advertised presence and no promoter would even book Sammy for the outdoor sheds, much less would Hagar be able to half-assed fill them.

Anyone who thinks Sammy is drawing the number of people he is on this tour and playing the larger venues based on his own catalog of tunes is delusional.

T.B.

RKVH5150
06.26.06, 10:42 AM
Anyone who thinks Sammy is drawing the number of people he is on this tour and playing the larger venues based on his own catalog of tunes is delusional.

T.B.

Sammy pretty much has played the same venues every year or two since he left Van Halen in 1996. Yes, I agree had he not been in Van Halen his fan base would be smaller, but just because Mikey is on this tour isn't changing the fact that Sammy plays to the same crowd in almost every town every time he tours despite promoting or not promoting it with "The Other Half."

Greenpaw
06.26.06, 10:58 AM
Sammy pretty much has played the same venues every year or two since he left Van Halen in 1996. Yes, I agree had he not been in Van Halen his fan base would be smaller, but just because Mikey is on this tour isn't changing the fact that Sammy plays to the same crowd in almost every town every time he tours despite promoting or not promoting it with "The Other Half."

Yup, in Chicago, since the VH breakup he has played the same outdoor venue in the summer and if not that one, he plays the Rosemont theatre that holds about 5,000.

Either way, it's a pretty good draw for solo Sammy IMO.

grifhaln
06.26.06, 01:34 PM
You take away the large number of Van Halen tunes being played as well as Mike's advertised presence and no promoter would even book Sammy for the outdoor sheds, much less would Hagar be able to half-assed fill them.

T.B.

Do you realize how ridiculously stupid you sound making claims that have no element of truth behind them?? This is the kind of arguement I had when I was 10!...just basically saying "nobody likes you" because YOU dont like him!
I have to assume you are just trying to piss people off...but I'll comment anyway!...
The majority of the venues he plays at are the same ones that hes played at since '97...dont just make up things to make your "delusional" point! If you would like to see the truth(but Im assuming you would rather live in your own world)...look it up...its not that hard!...same venues...same cities...same number of people!..generally 4000-9000...with the average probably around 5,150 people. I have a pretty could sample size to back it up...I've been to 42 Sammy shows since '97...+5 VH shows! I have yet to see less than around 5000 at ANY show(only 2 exceptions... a promo/private show at the Cleveland Hard Rock and a bonus free show at club in Cleveland the night before the regularly scheduled show in Akron).
Did the tour with Dave increase the size of the crowd?? of course it did....how many acts add a second band to a tour that wont bring in more people??!! but, come on!...who do you really think benefited the most?? Dave has NOT been able to pull in anymore than about a 1000 people for a VERY long time! not since they canceled the "Filthy Little Crap" tour! If you are going to debate this...show me PROOF!...and I dont want numbers from some 3 Day Fest that had a dozen other bands there!(like Dave told Howard in an interview before the Sam&Dave tour started..it went something like: Howard:"so what have you been doing the last 10 years, do you still play?" DLR: "Oh Yea! I just played in front of 100,000 people in (Cali)"....this was a several day event that had a ton of others bands there!!
I DO go see Dave when he's close by...but other than the Sam tour...Ive only seen him at small bars(800 people or so) or at some rib cook off! The last show I saw may be my last(without Ed)..he played at a rib cook off last year in Clearwater...and at least half the people left by mid show!...I actually stayed because I felt bad!!..but I was very sad! I used to go because his band is so good...but I cant take it anymore!!!
I like to have good debates...but please back them up with something other than "na ah"!

Grif

AVH Blues
06.26.06, 02:39 PM
I spoke to one guy at the Tampa show that owned a liquor store in the area. He said has sold 4,000 cases of Cabo Tequilla since he started to carry it several years ago. This earned him 10 pairs of on-stage tixs for the show. I don't know how well your career is going but I would hardly say that one store owner selling 4,000 cases of your teq over the last 5 or 6 years hardly means you're career is over. As long as Cabo Wabo sponsors the shows he will always be able to play the usual cities and venues at a reduced cost for you and me.

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.26.06, 04:23 PM
Sammy pretty much has played the same venues every year or two since he left Van Halen in 1996. Yes, I agree had he not been in Van Halen his fan base would be smaller, but just because Mikey is on this tour isn't changing the fact that Sammy plays to the same crowd in almost every town every time he tours despite promoting or not promoting it with "The Other Half."Wrong. $am played only small venues on the MTM tour, and I remember reading a interview with him during that tour where he said that was all he ever wanted to play again, more intimate with the fans, etc. All that changed when he became the tequila rocker.

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.26.06, 04:27 PM
As for Sammy being over, he can still do 7-10k per Not by himself...no way.

grifhaln
06.26.06, 05:21 PM
Wrong. $am played only small venues on the MTM tour, and I remember reading a interview with him during that tour where he said that was all he ever wanted to play again, more intimate with the fans, etc. All that changed when he became the tequila rocker.

Nice try...but those were not "small" venues...5000+ seat Theatres...just 2 different style of tours...an outside vs inside tour...same amount of people(minus the lawn). So if you would like clarification...he basically plays the same venues...depending on outside vs inside...Im sure you will find a new angle, but it still wont change facts...accept it!

...and I thought you said it was because of Mikey that he was playing bigger venues??? now its the tequila?? which is it?

how ever you like to spin it, justify it or deny it....he consistantly gets 5000 or so people where ever he goes! sorry to break the news!

Grif

grifhaln
06.26.06, 05:22 PM
Not by himself...no way.

without a band? maybe not

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.26.06, 06:32 PM
Nice try...but those were not "small" venues...5000+ seat Theatres...just 2 different style of tours...an outside vs inside tour...same amount of people(minus the lawn). So if you would like clarification...he basically plays the same venues...depending on outside vs inside...Im sure you will find a new angle, but it still wont change facts...accept it!

...and I thought you said it was because of Mikey that he was playing bigger venues??? now its the tequila?? which is it?

how ever you like to spin it, justify it or deny it....he consistantly gets 5000 or so people where ever he goes! sorry to break the news!

GrifThey were not all 5000_ seat theatres. And everyone of those cities had large arenas for indoor shows...nice try. How do you explain the cancelled dates in the South for this tour?

LLFHS
06.26.06, 06:53 PM
Oh boy.....another "piss on Sam" thread.

:rolleyes:

Let me just add this.....that wasn't Sam I saw screwing "Jump" straight up the ass on Leno the other week. At least he's doing the CVH songs on his current tour the way they should be done - plugged into the amps and in your face.

RKVH5150
06.26.06, 06:59 PM
How do you explain the cancelled dates in the South for this tour?

Birmingham was cancelled before the tickets even went on sale. The on sale date was announced it was put on ticketmaster then the show was cancelled. Nobody knows why.

Atlanta was probably because of low ticket sales as even Van Halen in 2004 didn't come close to selling out Phillips arena...even Bruce Springsteen's last two shows in Atlanta weren't sellouts. Metallica was in the smaller Gwinnette Center with Godsmack and didn't sell out. Unless you are U2 or the Stones, Atlanta is a bad town for attendance. Check out the Atlanta Braves attendance even during their best years.

Those are the only two dates that I have seen cancelled and I watched both of them closely as I was going to go to them and Nashville.

Seriously Fair Warning Rocks, who are you a fan of? What is your angle that you are trying to get across? We get that you like to bash on Sammy, but who do you like or are you just here to talk smack and make up your own stories about what you think is going on and post them as fact? Just curious as to who you are a fan of, and what your angle is. Did someone in Sammy's band or Sammy sleep with your wife? You seem bitter over anyone saying anything good about him.

grifhaln
06.26.06, 09:32 PM
They were not all 5000_ seat theatres. And everyone of those cities had large arenas for indoor shows...nice try. How do you explain the cancelled dates in the South for this tour?

Im guessing the reason you used the vague, "not all of them" comment....you will continue to "reach" for anything you can to pretend Sam doesnt have a major following! come on genius...most theatres(in this group) are just as big as any pavilion! so what the hell is the big difference...lawn suckers?!
cancelled dates in the south! your kidding! Georgia and the Carolinas are usually huge supporters of rock bands! but I guess your right, he didnt draw 5000 people at the canceled shows!

10-13
06.27.06, 06:43 AM
Good crowd in Columbus this weekend - 9000.

jrk5150
06.27.06, 08:20 AM
Folks - this entire thread was originated to bash Sam. Why on Earth would anyone care if any show sells out unless it's to rub it in that it doesn't? A Sam fan wouldn't have asked that question - they'd have posted that shows have sold out, but certainly wouldn't have opened up an obvious shit stirring thread. The title of the thread gave it away to anyone who's been around here more than a day. Why is anyone suprised? :rolleyes:

Apocalypso
06.27.06, 03:15 PM
The majority of the venues he plays at are the same ones that hes played at since '97...dont just make up things to make your "delusional" point!

First off, my point was that Hagar couldn't continue to book and play the larger outdoor sheds such as Devore (which holds almost 50,000, yet Hagar reportedly sold barely 1/4th of the venue) based on his dwindling record sales and appeal without some sort of added incentive, in this case, adding Mchael Anthony and plugging the fact that he and Mike play a large selection of Van Halen tunes. Second, and pay close attention to this one, Sammy ain't coming close to selling out any of these large outdoor sheds. In fact, Sammy isn't even selling out many of the small indoor shows at clubs and theaters:

Venue: House of Blues
City/State: New Orleans, La.
Date: June 13, 2006
Gross Sales: $36,750
Attendance: 980
Capacity: 1,000

BTW, what's with the Roth sniveling. I was unaware there was some sort of competition with some of you between Hagar and Roth. Whatever venues or numbers Roth plays to has no bearing on what I said.

Have a nice day!

T.B.

Apocalypso
06.27.06, 03:19 PM
Folks - this entire thread was originated to bash Sam. Why on Earth would anyone care if any show sells out unless it's to rub it in that it doesn't? A Sam fan wouldn't have asked that question - they'd have posted that shows have sold out, but certainly wouldn't have opened up an obvious shit stirring thread. The title of the thread gave it away to anyone who's been around here more than a day. Why is anyone suprised? :rolleyes:

I think you're being a bit insecure regarding the subject matter. Like many other bands and artists I like, I'm personally curious how good they do on the road.

T.B.

jrk5150
06.27.06, 03:32 PM
Bullshit, go troll somewhere else.

RKVH5150
06.27.06, 03:49 PM
BTW, what's with the Roth sniveling. I was unaware there was some sort of competition with some of you between Hagar and Roth. Whatever venues or numbers Roth plays to has no bearing on what I said.

It does if you are a die hard Roth trying to twist stats in your favor.

Because for the most part, the people who post things like this are Roth fans trying hard to get any dig in on Hagar. That's why on threads like this I try to ask questions back to the people making a big deal about it.

Apocalypso
06.27.06, 04:15 PM
Bullshit, go troll somewhere else.

Thanks for answering my question.

T.B.

grifhaln
06.27.06, 06:20 PM
Venue: House of Blues
City/State: New Orleans, La.
Date: June 13, 2006
Gross Sales: $36,750
Attendance: 980
Capacity: 1,000

T.B.

as I've said, Sam draws 5000-6000 everywhere he goes! and do you really consider 980/1000...not a "sell out"...gimme a break! you know damn well the public doesnt even have access to all tickets!
keep twistin! its quite funny!

Grif

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.27.06, 07:53 PM
Everywhere? Well we know that is not true in Atlanta and Birmingham, where they cancelled his shows. And it is not just $am, it is $am and Mike. And let us not forget, it is $10 tickets also. Take the Phoenix show....$95,000 gross sales, 5670 tickets...averages out to about $16 ticket. Cheap ticket prices and Mike on tour and he is still only filling 25% of the venue.

Greenpaw
06.27.06, 08:05 PM
Let us also not forget, that not one of these people have sited a source as to where these stats came from.

I'm sure they are legit, so lets see a source.:)

Jim Douglas
06.27.06, 08:22 PM

Right on IUD

RKVH5150
06.27.06, 09:32 PM
Everywhere? Well we know that is not true in Atlanta and Birmingham, where they cancelled his shows. And it is not just $am, it is $am and Mike. And let us not forget, it is $10 tickets also. Take the Phoenix show....$95,000 gross sales, 5670 tickets...averages out to about $16 ticket. Cheap ticket prices and Mike on tour and he is still only filling 25% of the venue.

You gotta love agendas...and completly ignoring anything that doesn't fit the agenda.

grifhaln
06.27.06, 09:45 PM

Ok, one more time fucko, the $10 are for the LAWN!!! most are around $60...not sure why this matters, but you believe what you want.
and didnt I already admit that the attendence was low at the canceled shows!!
...for the love of god why are you quoting "% of venue"...does it hurt you to admit he can draw 5000 people?...with or without Mikey! Why in the hell would anyone care what the capacity is at each venue??...that has NOTHING to do with what I said Sam draws at each show!
One final question for you to ponder....if Sam is all about milking every last $ and Mikey is the "big" draw...take a look at the promo poster....why is the pic of Mike so small and the "Other Half" is in small print at the bottom (next to the $10 Lawn Ticket star)??
....that should about wrap this up!

Grif

Apocalypso
06.27.06, 10:28 PM
as I've said, Sam draws 5000-6000 everywhere he goes! and do you really consider 980/1000...not a "sell out"...gimme a break! you know damn well the public doesnt even have access to all tickets!
keep twistin! its quite funny!
Grif

"the public doesnt even have access to all tickets......" WTF?!?

Is this some new super-duper strategy by Sammy to *keep his shows from selling out* or something? So what, are you implying that say, at the Arizona show, Sammy purposely kept about 14 thousand of nearly 20 thousand tickets away from the public?!? You make zero sense.

The whole point of what I'm saying, my brain dead li'l buddy, is that Hagar is booking this tour mostly in far larger venues then he is capable of selling out even with the "incentive" of playing a lot more VH songs then usual and with Mike as well. If he'd play theater sized venues, not only would he probably be selling them out and making more money (but it probably wouldn't suit his ego playing smaller places) but the shows themselves would be a lot more enjoyable then playing hot, smelly outdoor sheds with all-day drunks puking by nightfall.

T.B.

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.28.06, 05:21 AM
Ok, one more time fucko, the $10 are for the LAWN!!! most are around $60...not sure why this matters, but you believe what you want.
and didnt I already admit that the attendence was low at the canceled shows!!
...for the love of god why are you quoting "% of venue"...does it hurt you to admit he can draw 5000 people?...with or without Mikey! Why in the hell would anyone care what the capacity is at each venue??...that has NOTHING to do with what I said Sam draws at each show!
One final question for you to ponder....if Sam is all about milking every last $ and Mikey is the "big" draw...take a look at the promo poster....why is the pic of Mike so small and the "Other Half" is in small print at the bottom (next to the $10 Lawn Ticket star)??
....that should about wrap this up!

GrifLook shit-for-brains...if the average ticket price from the gross sales is about $16, that means he is selling mostly $10 tickets. Obviously this is over your head. And $am is the opening act...the Other Half is the headliner. And it is advertised that way.

grifhaln
06.28.06, 06:41 AM
"the public doesnt even have access to all tickets......" WTF?!?
Sammy purposely kept about 14 thousand of nearly 20 thousand tickets away from the public?!? You make zero sense.
The whole point of what I'm saying, my brain dead li'l buddy,
T.B.

now stay with me...No goofball! I was talking about the House of Blues show!!! you couldnt figure that out for yourself!?...those types of show always have "saved" tickets for the powers that be....I just thought your listing of "980 out of 1000" as a "non" sell out was just tad silly!

before you comment on someones brain power...you may want to use some of your own!

Grif

RKVH5150
06.28.06, 06:46 AM
Look shit-for-brains...if the average ticket price from the gross sales is about $16, that means he is selling mostly $10 tickets. Obviously this is over your head. And $am is the opening act...the Other Half is the headliner. And it is advertised that way.

Actually if you have seen any of the posters for the show it is not advertised that way, which was already pointed out to you.

However, keep doing what you are doing with the ignoring the things that contradict what you say.

Name any ampitheaters across the country that only hold 7,000 or so people? There aren't many. Since he's doing the whole Cabo Villiage type thing on this tour that doesn't work for theaters.

You contradict yourself. You say Sammy is all about $, then you say he could make more money selling out theaters rather than doing the outdoor shows. Which is it? Also, why are you so concerned about Sammy Hagar's finances?

However as you say $ammy is all about money, I guess Eddie, Alex, Mikey & Dave just toured for free and there was no money in it at all.

Again I ask, what's the purpose or your posts?

grifhaln
06.28.06, 07:23 AM
Look shit-for-brains...if the average ticket price from the gross sales is about $16, that means he is selling mostly $10 tickets. Obviously this is over your head. And $am is the opening act...the Other Half is the headliner. And it is advertised that way.

so your saying most of the sales are lawn seats(those are the only ones that go for $10)??? now thats just silly! maybe some pictures will help you understand...if not, ticketmaster would be glad to help you choose you price level! save your accounting lessons for someone else!...go to ticketmaster...then look at the pics...and repeat as needed.

sure doesnt look like these people are sitting on the lawn! (and again, when you look at the poster and you need help...the "Other Half" part is at the bottom...by the "$10 Lawn Tickets" ad!)

imap://grifhaln@imap.mail.netcenter.com:143/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E445701?part=1.2&type=image/jpeg&filename=Livin%20it%20up.jpg

imap://grifhaln@imap.mail.netcenter.com:143/fetch>UID>/INBOX>445703?part=1.2&type=image/jpeg&filename=P6170616.JPG

imap://grifhaln@imap.mail.netcenter.com:143/fetch>UID>/INBOX>445705?part=1.2&type=image/jpeg&filename=P6170639.JPG

imap://grifhaln@imap.mail.netcenter.com:143/fetch>UID>/INBOX>445707?part=1.2&type=image/jpeg&filename=UpFront2.jpg

imap://grifhaln@imap.mail.netcenter.com:143/fetch>UID>/INBOX>445709?part=1.2&type=image/jpeg&filename=061606-01-012.jpg

Greenpaw
06.28.06, 07:37 AM
...if the average ticket price from the gross sales is about $16, that means he is selling mostly $10 tickets.

Where are these numbers coming from? I'm sure they are factual, but without a source they are useless. Almost as useless as this thread.

And $am is the opening act...the Other Half is the headliner. And it is advertised that way.

Well if that's how it is advertised, then you should have no problem showing us at least ONE ad or something that does. I have yet to see one.

Van Squalen
06.28.06, 09:28 AM
Apparently it's all just agenda.

Surprise. :)

Apocalypso
06.28.06, 09:49 AM
now stay with me...No goofball! I was talking about the House of Blues show!!! you couldnt figure that out for yourself!?...those types of show always have "saved" tickets for the powers that be....I just thought your listing of "980 out of 1000" as a "non" sell out was just tad silly!

before you comment on someones brain power...you may want to use some of your own!

Grif

So how does your cool theory explain the outdoor shows doing only mediocre business?

T.B.

RKVH5150
06.28.06, 10:53 AM
So how does your cool theory explain the outdoor shows doing only mediocre business?

T.B.

Mediocre compared to who?

U2?

It's great business compared to the Dixie Chicks who have had far more airplay and TV time but are doing 3K & 4K per show.

It all depends on what the artist expects and what they feels makes it a successful show. None of us knows what the bottom line is and how much is needed to break even or make money. Combine tickets sales with cabo sales, and he might be turning a proffit. As long as when I'm in the audience the show is fun and entertaining I don't really care. Why people who aren't even a fan of the particular artist spend so much time researching how they are doing just to pick on someone on the internet is odd to me. Seems like a lot of wasted time and energy, but as John Lennon wrote "whatever gets your through the night is alright."

grifhaln
06.28.06, 01:29 PM

T.B.

what theory?? "mediocre business" is just a tad subjective....my comment regarding, Sam consistantly drawing 5000(on average), is based on facts!....and yes, I realize there were not 5000 people at the canceled shows or at venues that dont hold that many people!

Grif

RKVH5150
06.28.06, 01:40 PM
what theory?? "mediocre business" is just a tad subjective....my comment regarding, Sam consistantly drawing 5000(on average), is based on facts!....and yes, I realize there were not 5000 people at the canceled shows or at venues that dont hold that many people!

Grif

...also as I stated before the Birmingham show was cancelled before the on sale date, so who knows what happened with it.

jrk5150
06.29.06, 08:48 AM
Paw, I'm a little surprised at you here. Why lower yourself?

This is a thread where post counts are absolutely informative. :sleep:

Greenpaw
06.29.06, 09:39 AM

LOL, you're right bro, it's like shooting fish in a paper cup. My bad.

Foamfoot
06.29.06, 01:35 PM
yeah, Paw.. I say f' em. Sammy's doin' just fine.. certainly better than any of these guys want. That's why most of their arguments are pathetic.

They remind me of the Iraqi media relations dude who was telling the world that Iraq had stopped coalition forces at the border, even though US tanks were over his shoulder in the distance. "If I say it's true, SOMEONE will believe me!!!"

And whatever happened to that guy?....

Greenpaw
06.29.06, 02:20 PM
They remind me of the Iraqi media relations dude who was telling the world that Iraq had stopped coalition forces at the border, even though US tanks were over his shoulder in the distance. "If I say it's true, SOMEONE will believe me!!!"

And whatever happened to that guy?....

He became a MOD at the VH LINKS :p

"Click me, I will tell you the truth!"
http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/8434/iraqiinformationminister8el.jpg (http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/member.php?u=134)

RKVH5150
06.29.06, 05:31 PM
By the way, in a recent interview Sammy said "Not 4 Sale" was his lowest selling album, and it sold 70,000. So almost double what that guy was saying earlier. (Still not great)

Q: I don't have an advance of your new disc. What's it sound like?

A: You don't have an advance because this record was finished four months ago. I love this record. This will be one of my favorite records right up there with Standing Hampton and Not for Sale, which is my least successful record but my favorite record.

Q: Maybe you screwed yourself by naming it Not For Sale. Maybe fans took the title literally.

A: You know what, I hope you're right because I love that record. It only sold about 70,000 records.

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.29.06, 06:58 PM
And once again you believe everything $ammy says.

LLFHS
06.29.06, 07:04 PM

Intriguing.....
Can you give any reason why anyone posting to the thread should believe you over Sam? :confused:

Greenpaw
06.29.06, 07:26 PM

And once again you can't prove a single thing you've said, but you criticize a guy who actually MADE the albums.

Amazing.

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.29.06, 07:34 PM
His record sale figures have been posted on this site before....you have been around here long enough to know that. What is funny is you girls acting like "around 70,000" would be a great accomplishment!

SuckaInA3Piece
06.29.06, 07:39 PM

I second that.

And I must have missed the meeting where we turned this room into Opinions/Speculations.

If you do not care for Sam, or this Other Half tour, you really should not be in here arguing over sales figures.

It's just rock 'n roll.

Greenpaw
06.29.06, 07:46 PM
I second that.

And I must have missed the meeting where we turned this room into Opinions/Speculations.

If you do not care for Sam, or this Other Half tour, you really should not be in here arguing over sales figures.

It's just rock 'n roll.

All I asked was a source to prove all these so-called common knowledge stats.:confused:

Since no one can provide any, I'll just go ahead and dismiss them as false. Problem solved :)

SuckaInA3Piece
06.29.06, 07:48 PM
I hear ya, Paw. This thread started out ok, then Fanatic posted and the train started rolling.

Bottom line. Sam and Mike are both healthy, enjoy life, and still put on a great live show. Wether it's for 1 person, or 6,000 really doesn't matter to them. That's what I dig about Sam and Mike, and I'm a CVH fan to the max. Fuck the negativity, just get out there and play. And that's what they're doing for the fans.

So bring up all the attendance numbers ya want, but in the end it won't matter. I'll be there, and I'll have a great time. Period.

That's what matters.

LLFHS
06.29.06, 07:57 PM
I hear ya, Paw. This thread started out ok, then Fanatic posted and the train started rolling.

Bottom line. Sam and Mike are both healthy, enjoy life, and still put on a great live show. Wether it's for 1 person, or 6,000 really doesn't matter to them. That's what I dig about Sam and Mike, and I'm a CVH fan to the max. Fuck the negativity, just get out there and play. And that's what they're doing for the fans.

So bring up all the attendance numbers ya want, but in the end it won't matter. I'll be there, and I'll have a great time. Period.

That's what matters.

Damn straight! :thumb:

Now 'scuse me while I make travel plans for....FWR. <Click!>

Greenpaw
06.29.06, 08:09 PM

That's what matters.

Seems easy enough to understand don't it? :)

I only need ONE ticket, I could give a shit if theres 5 people or 50,000 people sitting around me. :D

Van Squalen
06.29.06, 08:20 PM
Real Anti-Sammites wouldn't be caught dead in this thread. :cool:

hatchetforce
06.29.06, 08:34 PM
The Beatles were right:

http://www.mvps.org/st-software/Movie_Collection/images/11298f.jpg

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.29.06, 09:27 PM
LMAO!

RKVH5150
06.29.06, 10:45 PM
His record sale figures have been posted on this site before....you have been around here long enough to know that. What is funny is you girls acting like "around 70,000" would be a great accomplishment!

Your reading comprehension really sucks. You never seem to read the whole statement you just respond.

"By the way, in a recent interview Sammy said "Not 4 Sale" was his lowest selling album, and it sold 70,000. So almost double what that guy was saying earlier. (Still not great)"

I guess the "Still not great" part went right past you.

Again, I ask...what is your purpose on here?

timmytripper
06.29.06, 11:58 PM

As the starter of this thread, I must say that I am a HUGE HUGE Hagar fan (I've got my Cleveland tickets right in front of me), and the purpose of the thread was not to "rub it in." I was just wondering how the shows were doing. So, the above quote could not be more wrong.

Bob_R
06.30.06, 09:18 PM
This thread started out ok, then Fanatic posted and the train started rolling.

xx

ron
07.06.06, 07:10 AM
Green Bay is sold out...
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060706/GPG07/607060373
Friday's Carrie Underwood concert at the casino is the start of a string of sellouts at the Pavilion Nights tent. The Goos are sold out, as is Sammy Hagar on July 18.

Ashe
07.06.06, 08:28 AM
fart

VanFreakinHalen
08.12.06, 10:58 AM
Any update on tour numbers? I was at the Chicago show and there appeared to be about 10,000/12,000 people there. Me and my wife had a great time, even with the 100 degree plus heat. MY guess is he did well in the midwest.

Bluetooth
08.24.06, 06:17 PM
A friend of mine was in New Jersey on a business trip. So he attended the June 30th show and he said it was a good time but the place was at least half empty.