PDA

View Full Version : Is The Tour Doing Well?

Apocalypso
06.17.06, 09:06 AM
Can people who've been to any of the shows so far say how full the venues have been? Looking at a few shows being cancelled so far, the incredibly great seats available on Ticketmaster for upcoming shows and reports that some earlier shows like Devore were barely 1/4th sold it seems this tour isn't doing so hot.

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.17.06, 09:36 AM
I was searching for concert attendance figures yesterday and could not find any. My bet is the tour is not selling well. Let's face it...anything Sam or Dave does outside of VH is not going to draw very many fans. Their solo careers are over.

The J Man
06.17.06, 11:37 AM
I'll agree with Dave but not Sam. Hagar did sell out both times he came to the Detroit arena in 2005. Granted, the Fox Theatre holds 5,000 people but DTE holds 15,000+ and he sold out. As far as Dave playing DTE, I went to Ticketmaster this morning with no line and got good seats...we'll see how he does. I think what makes Hagar the attractive package is the amount of time his shows are and the ticket prices.

Sunya
06.17.06, 12:38 PM
I tried to get tickets for Tampa tonight and couldn't. They were sold out. Only thing I could find were scalpers asking over $600 a ticket. That sounds like they are doing well at least here in the Tampa area.

Van Squalen
06.17.06, 01:22 PM
LOL, Devore was full. The lawn area wasn't shoulder to shoulder, but the all the loge were. It was surely 10k strong.

MrBrownSound
06.17.06, 01:50 PM
I was searching for concert attendance figures yesterday and could not find any. My bet is the tour is not selling well. Let's face it...anything Sam or Dave does outside of VH is not going to draw very many fans. Their solo careers are over.

Hate to disagree with you man, but you could not be more wrong. Every Sammy show I've been to since MTM in '97 has been packed. By contrast, I've seen a couple of Dave shows in the past few years and they haven't exactly been wall-to-wall. "Their solo careers are over", I hardly think so.

RKVH5150
06.17.06, 01:59 PM
Can people who've been to any of the shows so far say how full the venues have been? Looking at a few shows being cancelled so far, the incredibly great seats available on Ticketmaster for upcoming shows and reports that some earlier shows like Devore were barely 1/4th sold it seems this tour isn't doing so hot.

I haven't seen anything on shows that were 1/4 sold, but I might have missed that review. I'd say any show in the 7,000-10,000 range is a good seller in this day and time for Sammy or Dave. Even Van Halen in 2004 weren't selling shows out.

I know Atlanta was cancelled probably due to low ticket sales, but shows in Atlanta don't do well unless you are U2 or someone on that scale.

charlesresta
06.17.06, 03:43 PM
I went to the show last night in WEST PALM and it was a late crowd but
a good crowd...about 11K or so. Ohh by the way, GOOD ENOUGH live is just awesome. Too bad VH never played it live outside of the 5150 tour...DAMMIT!!

AJHV
06.17.06, 03:59 PM
does this look dead to u

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4708/dscn18426ey.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

RKVH5150
06.17.06, 04:32 PM
does this look dead to u

No, it just looks far too big for this page.

muffdiver
06.17.06, 05:32 PM
This is a big thread...thread...thread...

The J Man
06.17.06, 07:34 PM
A little self centered there, Hagar? Who wants to stare at you sitting on a beach for 3 hours before the show starts?

LLFHS
06.17.06, 09:22 PM
A little self centered there, Hagar? Who wants to stare at you sitting on a beach for 3 hours before the show starts?

That would be the Sammy Hagar fans who came to the Sammy Hagar concert........to see Sammy Hagar.

cabo_brent
06.18.06, 05:23 AM
Brilliant!

Fair Warning Rocks!
06.18.06, 07:37 AM
LOL, Devore was full. The lawn area wasn't shoulder to shoulder, but the all the loge were. It was surely 10k strong.I would expect good crowds in California...there has always been strong support for rock concerts there. The Scorpions, for instance, are playing a grand total of 3 concerts in the US this summer...2 of them are in Calf and 1 in Vegas. But what about outside of Calf? What about the cancelled shows in the South? I know the last time Sam played my area (in 2002 with DLR) they were giving away hundreds of tickets and the crowd was very small.

grifhaln
06.20.06, 08:29 PM

I havent seen any actual numbers...but I was at West Palm and Tampa..on stage!...my est at the West Palm show was about 8000+ and Tampa was probably around 6500-7000. The crowds were rockin and had 95% of the pavilions(sp?) packed! Pretty good size crowds...seeing that most "older" acts seem to need to tour with another band to get decent/consistant crowds. If you havent seen a Sam show in awhile...you need to go!! it feels the way vh shows used to feel...just balls out rock and roll...they way its supposed to be...fun!!!! without all of the bs...just a bunch of friends havin one hell of a time and playin the music they love to play!!

Grif