PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Tuesday Night!

Sportscaster
06.12.06, 01:27 PM
Who's going to be there? I know I will be. I'll be the good looking young guy with the black Van Halen T-shirt. HA!

Seriously, I heard rumors that Mikey may not show. That will seriously suck if he doesn't! No offense, but I want to hear more than just 3 or 4 VH tunes. I don't need to hear a bunch of "Shaka Dobbie" and "Red Voodoo".

N'Awlins needs a good show in these post-Katrina days! Bring it Sammy and Mike!

janthraxx
06.12.06, 01:32 PM
I'm sad--I'm gonna be in New Orleans starting one week after the show. Wish he was playing a week later :(

5150theriot
06.12.06, 08:43 PM
:D :D :D I will be thier!!!! leaving in the morning, i live about 2 hours from new orleans,in st.martinville,la. so the wife and i will be heading out to enjoy new orleans for the day and night!!! Hope she drives home cuz i will be drinking some CABO WABO!!!!

Sportscaster
06.12.06, 09:10 PM
Hey 5150theriot...I live in Baton Rouge...so will look for you there!

5150theriot
06.13.06, 11:20 AM
ok sportscaster, dont know what i have on but ill be wearing my "faith" hat.. cuz i also love the saints...i know , i know, but cant help it i just do...

5150theriot
06.14.06, 10:42 AM
Show was great, but no Mikey, why sell shirts with other half on them if no mikey!!!!

RKVH5150
06.14.06, 12:58 PM
As I stated in the other New Orleans topic, Mikey wasn't scheduled for this show according to his webpage.

Did they advertise Sammy Hagar w/The Other Half in the promo's for the show?

NoBrownM&M's
06.14.06, 12:59 PM
Show was great, but no Mikey, why sell shirts with other half on them if no mikey!!!!

That's because he's rehearsing with Ed Alex and Dave.

Phatie
06.14.06, 01:38 PM
As I stated in the other New Orleans topic, Mikey wasn't scheduled for this show according to his webpage.

Did they advertise Sammy Hagar w/The Other Half in the promo's for the show?

My theory is that Mike found out he not only relinquished his rights to use the VH logo, but also the rights to perform the VH songs.

Just a theory. I hope its wrong.

Van Squalen
06.14.06, 01:45 PM
Nah, despite what some have said, Mike is NOT hitting all the shows. Access isn't a reliable source, nor is his website.

There's gonna be a skip or two back east, is what I understand. And he missed the second set of Tahoe shows as well.

OnTheInside1985
06.14.06, 02:01 PM
My theory is that Mike found out he not only relinquished his rights to use the VH logo, but also the rights to perform the VH songs.

Just a theory. I hope its wrong.
But David and Vic are?....ooooookay. I could go out and perform a Van Halen song right now if I wanted to.

Phatie
06.14.06, 02:23 PM
But David and Vic are?....ooooookay. I could go out and perform a Van Halen song right now if I wanted to.

I know bar owners who pay fees to have bands play cover tunes. I do believe the right to play a tune could be revoked by the owner of that music. You owe Jacko if you play a Beatles tune.

I'm not an attorney, so ask one. I disclaimed it was my theory, and I believe VH could have put that in the fine print when Ed designed the contract that screwed Mike over.

F'nRockstar
06.14.06, 06:59 PM
Our band plays cover tunes all over hell. You don't have to pay anybody shit, unless you record it and sell it.

The VH cover bands do not pay VH anything.

Wolfie FT
06.14.06, 07:30 PM
I was there last night Sammy signed my shrit. I got three picks fron Vic and one from Mona. You know what I found was werid, The Van Halen Stripes on The Cabo tower on the backdrop

10-13
06.15.06, 12:13 PM
Mike can not be forbidden from playong VH tunes. Anyone can play them at any time as long as the venue has an ASCAP licence (which any place with a jukebox or live music has to have).