PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta show cancelled?

BenHalen
06.08.06, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know why the Atlanta show has been cancelled? Birmingham is also listed as cancelled. This must have just happened, I just ordered tickets last week!

Ticketmaster.com and redrocker.com are both showing it as cancelled. No explanation given..

NoBrownM&M's
06.08.06, 04:17 PM
That's cause Mikey will need to start rehearsing with Alex Ed and Dave :D

BenHalen
06.08.06, 04:20 PM
they better honor my tickets then and let me sit in on that rehearsal!!!

JMJ
06.08.06, 05:42 PM
here we go round n round n round :D

Wickett
06.08.06, 07:03 PM
That's cause Mikey will need to start rehearsing with Alex Ed and Dave :D

Dream another dream, this dream is over :)

vistadelrey
06.08.06, 07:10 PM
cuz right now sammy is a joke

RKVH5150
06.08.06, 09:44 PM
Does anyone know why the Atlanta show has been cancelled? Birmingham is also listed as cancelled. This must have just happened, I just ordered tickets last week!

Ticketmaster.com and redrocker.com are both showing it as cancelled. No explanation given..

Birmingham was cancelled months ago when Nashville and Atlanta were added putting 3 shows in the same general area. So I guess they thought too many venues for the same fan base.

Atlanta I'm sure was cancelled due to poor ticket sales. Atlanta radio only plays new stuff. All the promotion there is horrible overall and I think Sammy picked a venue that was too big. I've been to several concerts in Atlanta and unless you are a huge name like U2 or the Stones you aren't selling out. I think the Atlanta show was one of the very few that Springsteen didn't sell out last year.

RKVH5150
06.08.06, 09:45 PM

And nobody was making jokes about DLR over his radio show or his Leno appearance.

Can't someone post something about either Dave or Sammy without it breaking down into a Dave vs Sammy post in 3 posts or less?

NoBrownM&M's
06.08.06, 10:00 PM
And nobody was making jokes about DLR over his radio show or his Leno appearance.

They weren't?

RKVH5150
06.08.06, 10:02 PM
They weren't?

Ok, maybe I was being a bit sarcastic to the guy who wanted to rip on one lead singer for being a joke when the other one seems to be the butt of a few jokes these days as well.

AVH Blues
06.09.06, 02:46 PM
I was planning the 6 hour drive to Atlanta. Just read that the show was cancelled today, this means I need to put together plans for Tampa (10 hours) or Nashville (8.5 hours). That sucks! I could do the Myrtle Beach (3.5 hours) House of Blues but that doesn't seem to have the "Other Half" playing and the pre-party doesn't seem to be a part of the show either.

MrBrownSound
06.09.06, 08:13 PM

Yeah and that's why Sammy's playing real concert venues and Dave is playing Ribfest or whatever the hell again this year. Wake up dude, Sammy's career is doing just fine and Dave's sucks as usual.

the_atomic_punks_rule
06.09.06, 08:48 PM
Yeah and that's why Sammy's playing real concert venues and Dave is playing Ribfest or whatever the hell again this year. Wake up dude, Sammy's career is doing just fine and Dave's sucks as usual.

Right now I was just reading about all the rockers that said Sammy influenced them......

RKVH5150
06.10.06, 07:34 AM
Right now I was just reading about all the rockers that said Sammy influenced them......

Which is more important influence or current success?

06.10.06, 08:46 AM
I hope the fact that DLR is coming to Atlantic City within 2 weeks of Sammy being in New Jersey doesn't effect ticket sales.... :wtf:

servoguy101
06.12.06, 06:03 AM
sooooo anyway, back to the topic, has there been any updated explainations?

RKVH5150
06.12.06, 06:27 AM
sooooo anyway, back to the topic, has there been any updated explainations?

One can only assume low ticket sales and bad promotion. That seems to happen in Atlanta a lot. If you're not U2, The Stones or someone on that level in Atlanta you don't get the promotion on local radio.

However generally when shows are cancelled they don't give reasons, just that it's cancelled. However if sales were going well, then they would say "rescheduled" and not "cancelled".

BenHalen
06.12.06, 08:02 AM
That's what my friends in town are thinking too. Atlanta just can't get people to go out and do things (like the awful attendance rates at Braves games). The first show that I saw in Atlanta when I moved here was VH (with Gary) and I was shocked at how few people there was at the show. I guess I am spoiled growing up in such a VH lovin' town like St. Louis.
Oh, well - looks like a ROAD TRIP!!

One can only assume low ticket sales and bad promotion. That seems to happen in Atlanta a lot. If you're not U2, The Stones or someone on that level in Atlanta you don't get the promotion on local radio.

However generally when shows are cancelled they don't give reasons, just that it's cancelled. However if sales were going well, then they would say "rescheduled" and not "cancelled".

BenHalen
06.12.06, 08:06 AM
Oh yeah, Ticketmaster is refunding my money(minus their monopoly B.S. fees), so that means no rescheduled date. I wish Sammy would play a smaller venue in ATL though. There sure are plenty of places in town, and the sound would be much better than that crappy Ampitheatre.

RKVH5150
06.12.06, 08:42 AM
Oh yeah, Ticketmaster is refunding my money(minus their monopoly B.S. fees), so that means no rescheduled date. I wish Sammy would play a smaller venue in ATL though. There sure are plenty of places in town, and the sound would be much better than that crappy Ampitheatre.

I hate that Ampitheater...it's located in a horrible part of town and after every show I have been to there they re-route traffic on the way out different than how you come in and through some really bad parts of Atlanta.

Attendance in Atlanta for concerts and sporting events isn't great. Springsteen didn't sell out Atlanta his last time through, only bands like U2 can do that. Van Halen at Phillips Arena in 2004 sold out the floor and the lower bowl but barely anything in the upper levels, so it was like 12,000 or so in a 20,000 seat building. Matchbox Twenty did pretty much the same thing in 2003 in the same building and they announced they were taping their DVD there that night.

servoguy101
06.14.06, 06:18 AM
I hate that Ampitheater...it's located in a horrible part of town and after every show I have been to there they re-route traffic on the way out different than how you come in and through some really bad parts of Atlanta.

Attendance in Atlanta for concerts and sporting events isn't great. Springsteen didn't sell out Atlanta his last time through, only bands like U2 can do that. Van Halen at Phillips Arena in 2004 sold out the floor and the lower bowl but barely anything in the upper levels, so it was like 12,000 or so in a 20,000 seat building. Matchbox Twenty did pretty much the same thing in 2003 in the same building and they announced they were taping their DVD there that night.

I saw him at hte fox, great party/ better part of town..

namedmydaughterHALEN
06.14.06, 08:41 AM
I was planning the 6 hour drive to Atlanta. Just read that the show was cancelled today, this means I need to put together plans for Tampa (10 hours) or Nashville (8.5 hours). That sucks! I could do the Myrtle Beach (3.5 hours) House of Blues but that doesn't seem to have the "Other Half" playing and the pre-party doesn't seem to be a part of the show either.
where are you getting this info about the other half not being part of the show? it has been said that mike will be on the entire tour, with the exception being that date in may where he couldnt make it. i can see the pre party due to lack of space not being done.
mikes web page has tour dates of all "other half" shows and myrtle beach is listed.