PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Cabo Village

centralsteve
06.07.06, 07:42 PM
I was wondering if the people who have been to the shows this week can fill me on the pre partying outside the venue. I have seen the video on Sammy's site but I am looking for specifics. Are they serving actual Cabo drinks??How much and how much for the food outside?? Any other things that they are doing and is there a cost associated with it?? I am wondering if they are offering Cabo drinks(booze) in venues that just sell beer and wine like in Dallas. How much are those t-shirts?? Any info would be much appreciated

xjohn5150x
06.07.06, 07:57 PM
yeahh im wonderin' the same thing for Jersey...i kno there are definitely "tequila stands"..so the waborita drinks will be selling in the village area...I know sammy likes to keep ticket prices slow..but i doubt the shirts and drinks will be anything new..i usually wait til after the show and get um for like 10-20 bucks cheaper

Van Squalen
06.07.06, 09:39 PM
truckloads of sand brought in
volleyball
bikini contests
mariachi bands
karaoke contests and stages
jam area for guitarists and drummers
merchandise booths
tequila bar - Waboritas
VIP areas
BBQ buffets
donkey rides
taco stands

Prices pretty standard for festival fare.

Cabo Wabo is sponsoring all his shows, so yeah, there's tequila, but it's in the village, which is usually set up somewhere in the venue parking lot areas and surroundings, not inside the arena.

Tees 35-40 bucks. FYI, 'Other Half' shirts sold only at shows, not on Sammy's site like the rest of the shirts. Posters, guitar pick packs, bandannas, baseball caps also sold at kiosks.

AJHV
06.07.06, 11:18 PM
beer is $10
cabo drink is $13

MattyT5150
06.08.06, 10:28 PM
Last year at DTE (Detroit) the beers were around $6 and the margarita type drinks were $8.. These might not be exact, but they are close. As for the food, i'm not sure how much because I didn't have any, but my friend had some and he loved it. As for the Cabo Wabo, they had some there. That's what they were making the margarita's with.

If the shows are like last year once you go inside the pre-party you can't leave. So I'd advise to have a few before the pre-party.

vh_chick
06.09.06, 09:32 AM
Last year at DTE (Detroit) the beers were around $6 and the margarita type drinks were $8.. These might not be exact, but they are close. As for the food, i'm not sure how much because I didn't have any, but my friend had some and he loved it. As for the Cabo Wabo, they had some there. That's what they were making the margarita's with.

If the shows are like last year once you go inside the pre-party you can't leave. So I'd advise to have a few before the pre-party.

The food was awesome, and CHEAP! I want to say it was $5 or $7 for a pretty full plate of Mexican food. Definitely affordable and filling! There were Waboritas to be had, and they were really good, too! We also had a pinata contest, with tickets for upcoming shows, t-shirts, etc. as prizes. Classic car contest, Sammy-oke, beach volleyball, and other fun stuff.

And yes, once you're in, you can't go back out. Slap on your sunscreen BEFORE you go in!

Matty, you going on July 8th?

Shari

RcoasterA
06.09.06, 09:41 PM
So these T-shirts that are cheaper after the show... WHere exactly do u find them at the merchandise booth? Im sorry if thats a dumb question but I havent been to sammy show before so Im curious

Phatie
06.10.06, 04:28 PM
beer is $10
cabo drink is $13

Coronas $4 Cabo shots $4

I had a talk with the distributor and asked him to have the bartenders put the tequila in the ice. My first shot was about 140 degrees because they put it in the sun. The bartender said, "we don't want anyone to reach for it." That shit changed real quick once the cabo distributor found out.

xjohn5150x
06.10.06, 08:27 PM
well atleast here in Jersey at PNC...you grab a shirt on your way to your car in the parking lot..ppl get um and then sell them...check ur shirt b4 for holes or rips b4 paying..but its the same as buying at the merchandise booth

sisca
06.10.06, 11:46 PM
beer is $10
cabo drink is $13if i pay 10 bucks for a beer it better give me a bj as well. :D

SNIC
06.11.06, 12:13 AM
if i pay 10 bucks for a beer it better give me a bj as well. :D

If I can get a bj for 10 bucks I don't even need the beer... :D

Lodewijk
06.11.06, 08:50 AM
Not to get off topic....but I got a $50 BJ from a hooker when I was 15, so to me , $10 would be a bargain !

I was expecting change, but it didn't happen ! She must have seen my green ass coming a mile away ! :brickwall

Live and learn ! :thumb:

MattyT5150
06.11.06, 12:38 PM
Oh Yeah I'll be there on the 8th! I can't wait.. Always a great show at DTE!

bluecami
06.12.06, 06:10 PM
Here's some pictures of the "cabo village" and whatnot if your interested in looking.

http://www.detroitip.com/Sammy_DTE01.htm

-Cami

Lodewijk
06.12.06, 06:15 PM
Sorry....but that looks lame as shit !

Sam , quit the cheap church fundraiser crap and just show up and rock...PLEASE ! :rolleyes:

P.S.......See ya' in Jersey ! :thumb:

VHfanOU812
06.13.06, 07:15 PM
Coronas $4 Cabo shots $4

I'm not sure where you saw these prices. I just got back from the Dallas show, and I assure you it was beer $10 and super small Cabo shot $13.

Bring lots of cash if you plan on drinking! :D

Phatie
06.13.06, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Phatie

Coronas $4 Cabo shots $4

I'm not sure where you saw these prices. I just got back from the Dallas show, and I assure you it was beer $10 and super small Cabo shot $13.

Bring lots of cash if you plan on drinking! :D

...I guess ya just gotta be on the volume discount program..
3 rounds in 3 hours (Coronas $4 Cabo shots $4/ ea) , 2 different bartenters. If you rap with the cabo girls, they show you the secret handshake, and drinks are 1/2 price, and (@)(@) sea gratis. Los camareros hermosos de Latina me hacen sediento. Repeat after me: leche conseguida? :thumb: