PDA

View Full Version : So my friend saw Mikey at LAX yesterday...

onefootoutthedoor
05.09.06, 11:25 AM
Not too big of a deal to him, but he did call me right afterwards. My friend said that he had just landed and saw a guy that looked so familiar to him. He then realized who it was and called me up. I explained to him that he had played in Tahoe over the weekend and was headed to San Diego. I know it's not a big deal, but my friend got a kick out of it and thought he'd call me up. So there is the extent of excitement in my world right now. :)

Van Squalen
05.09.06, 11:30 AM
:funny:

An old buddy of mine sat beside Mikey's cabana at the Hard Rock Hotel pool in Vegas for a whole day once. Chatted for several hours about vintage cars and motors while Mike's girls played in the pool. Not once did Van Halen ever come up. Thought that was decent of him. It's so easy to go all 'fan-boy' in the presence of long revered musicians.

mistershow
05.09.06, 02:15 PM
Haha, celebrities are so non-chalant when you see them in person. I LOVE that.

coyote
05.09.06, 06:07 PM
Not too big of a deal to him, but he did call me right afterwards. My friend said that he had just landed and saw a guy that looked so familiar to him. He then realized who it was and called me up. I explained to him that he had played in Tahoe over the weekend and was headed to San Diego. I know it's not a big deal, but my friend got a kick out of it and thought he'd call me up. So there is the extent of excitement in my world right now. :)

Cool. My friend flew to LA from Reno to take the family to Disneyland. Mike was on the flight. Mikey flies Southwest if you can believe that. He talked to him on the plane and played it cool (no fanboy behavior), but when Mike was getting his bags he was right next to him, so he got a picture with him by the baggage claim. Not that I was jealous when he called me from the hotel or anything.

Eddymon
05.14.06, 11:25 AM
ARMBI

micker
05.17.06, 02:13 AM
can someone please tell me what ARMBI stands for. I see it all the time on here??? thank you

vh_chick
05.17.06, 07:40 AM
A Reunion Must Be Imminent.

Anything that happens - ANYTHING - can be a sign of a reunion. Mikey was at the airport? ARMBI Dave lost his radio gig? ARMBI. Cloudy where you live? ARMBI. And the like...

Shari