PDA

View Full Version : First show from "The Other Half"

Little Dreamer
05.05.06, 06:44 PM
I know tonite is their first show. Just starting a thread so people can post their reviews here as well as the set list.

Rock on.

BBB
05.06.06, 10:10 AM
According to my sources this is what the setlist was:
1. Not 4 Sale
2. 3 Lock Box
3. There's Only One Way To Rock
4. The Girl Gets Around
5. Everybody Must Get Stoned
6. I Love This Bar
7. Shaka Doobie
8. Little White Lie
9. Sam I Am
10. I Cant Drive 55
11. Heavy Metal
12. Tun Up The Music / Fight For Your Right To Party / Let Sally Drive :
medely
(break)
13. Mikey Bass Solo
14. Runnin With The Devil (Mikey on vocals / Sammy on background vocals
15. Top Of The World
16. Humans Being
17. Why Cant This Be Love
18. Up For Breakfast
19. Good Enough
19. Poundcake
21. Judgement Day
22. Right Now
23. Best Of Both Worlds
24. Mas Tequila (with everybody)
(mikey leaves & the wabos play the last 3 songs)
25. Cabo Wabo (acoustic)
26. Let Me Take You There
27. Livin It Up

Van Squalen
05.06.06, 10:47 AM
16. Humans Being

19. Good Enough

21. Judgement Day

If true...bitchin'.

LLFHS
05.06.06, 11:00 AM
One half of Halen doing a Beastie Boys cover......

I've officially heard it all. :D

vistadelrey
05.06.06, 01:57 PM
awesome!

BradS
05.06.06, 01:59 PM
According to my sources this is what the setlist was:
1. Not 4 Sale
2. 3 Lock Box
3. There's Only One Way To Rock
4. The Girl Gets Around
5. Everybody Must Get Stoned
6. I Love This Bar
7. Shaka Doobie
8. Little White Lie
9. Sam I Am
10. I Cant Drive 55
11. Heavy Metal
12. Tun Up The Music / Fight For Your Right To Party / Let Sally Drive :
medely
(break)
13. Mikey Bass Solo
14. Runnin With The Devil (Mikey on vocals / Sammy on background vocals
15. Top Of The World
16. Humans Being
17. Why Cant This Be Love
18. Up For Breakfast
19. Good Enough
19. Poundcake
21. Judgement Day
22. Right Now
23. Best Of Both Worlds
24. Mas Tequila (with everybody)
(mikey leaves & the wabos play the last 3 songs)
25. Cabo Wabo (acoustic)
26. Let Me Take You There
27. Livin It Up

Good set. Hell, I would have paid just to get to hear Good Enough.

Lance
05.06.06, 02:07 PM
Hey, How was Livin' It Up? I haven't heard that one, yet?

Menlow
05.06.06, 04:18 PM
Good Enough and Judgement Day is a great start, but I would love to see them shake it up even more. WCTBL, Right Now,TOTW--all tired songs. It'll be interesting to see if they dust off some other songs. If Summer Nights makes it in, I may have to go check it out myself.

Greenpaw
05.06.06, 05:12 PM
fuck yeah that looks cool as hell!

voivod
05.06.06, 05:18 PM
Looks like a 2.5 hour show...

Little Dreamer
05.06.06, 07:05 PM
Let's not kid ourselves and think they're gonna remove all the hits - not gonna happen. That would totally alienate the casual fans. They were probably thinking the band was doin a cover when they played 'good enough!"
I think this setlist is as good as it's gonna get, except maybe replacing RWTD by SGMAD.

The only thing I would say is this: ad "Drop Dead Legs." Mike could sing it, it fits the Sammy vibe, it's not hard to play, it's an awesome song and one of Mike's favorite. It would rock!!! I think I'm buying my ticket for the San Bernardino show anyways.

Dance The Night Away
05.06.06, 07:11 PM
Cool setlist. The only song I wouldn't want to hear is Up for Breakfast.

Eddymon
05.06.06, 07:31 PM
If Eddie ain't playing, I ain't going to see Sammy anymore, even if Mike is with him.
Same goes for Dave, if Eddie's not a part of it I am not as well.

dropped-d
05.06.06, 07:37 PM

strongly agree - the rest kicks. A+ for effort

VH122
05.06.06, 07:39 PM
It does sound like a really good setlist,but I'd rather hear Seventh Seal other than Humans Being.

voivod
05.06.06, 07:58 PM
If Eddie ain't playing, I ain't going to see Sammy anymore, even if Mike is with him.

Thanks for the extra ticket! ;)

F'nRockstar
05.06.06, 08:24 PM
Eddymon,

You aren't going to be going to a lot of shows...

RcoasterA
05.06.06, 08:25 PM
It does sound like a really good setlist,but I'd rather hear Seventh Seal other than Humans Being.

Totally Agree. Other than that, what an awesome set! So whats going on with this tour? We get there at 3 right? Is this when the mariachi and party starts, or that before and 3 is when the concert begins?

TheresOnlyOneWay
05.06.06, 08:48 PM
What a blast.

MAX
05.06.06, 08:55 PM

However, you'll still be front and center at ANY Cherone show though. "Vagina Monologues" anyone?

voivod
05.06.06, 09:07 PM
However, you'll still be front and center at ANY Cherone show though. "Vagina Monologues" anyone?

1998 called, they want their Cherone jokes back... :D

LLFHS
05.06.06, 09:56 PM
1998 called, they want their Cherone jokes back... :D

No offense to my good buddy Max, but..... :funny:
http://usera.imagecave.com/LLFHS/CLASSIC.jpg

5150rob
05.07.06, 05:10 AM
actually Vic does a pretty good job with "Up For Breakfast."
I have a boot from a couple years ago where Sam and the Wabos play that and Amsterdam. Pretty cool. Vic is starting to catch on the Eddie vibe. Still no where near the man but not too bad.
But I totally agree, Seventh Seal is AWESOME!! They have played that one too but I would like to see them add it back in the set.
Rob

cabo_brent
05.07.06, 07:05 AM
sounds like a great setlist...hope they continue with it throughout the coming summer tour...

F'nRockstar
05.07.06, 09:09 AM
Knowing Sam, they will shake it up a bit... He is always tweakin a little here and there!

Lance
05.07.06, 09:58 AM
Knowing Sam, they will shake it up a bit... He is always tweakin a little here and there!

Yeah, that's the great part of his shows. It's always something different. It's not the same exact set list, every single night. Adding Good Enough and Judgement Day is awesome. I wish he'd do a USO tour of Iraq, so I could see that.

Greenpaw
05.07.06, 10:58 AM
LOL, all the pre-crying about the CVH songs being disrespectfully played and Mikey only did ONE.

Let me guess, now the bitching will be that they ONLY play one song :rolleyes: :p

Lance
05.07.06, 11:24 AM
LOL, all the pre-crying about the CVH songs being disrespectfully played and Mikey only did ONE.

Let me guess, now the bitching will be that they ONLY play one song :rolleyes: :p

Oh you know it! I think that some of the people on here exist, solely to bitch. If they didn't have something to bitch about, the pressure would build, and they'd explode. Now watch, they'll all starting bitching about me outing them in front of everybody!!!!

Menlow
05.07.06, 12:35 PM

I hear they did more during soundcheck but Sam didn't want to perform them. ;)

Michaels
05.07.06, 12:50 PM
Not for Sale :confused: Shaka Doobie :confused: WTF
Right now must be dropped and Good God playing Let me take you there WHY?? Cabo WABO IS GREAT, BUT PLAY IT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!! This accoustic crap is getting old.

Van Squalen
05.07.06, 12:54 PM
I hear they did more during soundcheck but Sam didn't want to perform them. ;)

:funny: :sssh:

I'm_your_IceCreamMan
05.07.06, 12:56 PM
Not for Sale :confused: Shaka Doobie :confused: WTF
Right now must be dropped and Good God playing Let me take you there WHY?? Cabo WABO IS GREAT, BUT PLAY IT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!! This accoustic crap is getting old.

Agreed. Throw in some more CVH and take those out! :thumb: Not that it matters because they're gonna play what Sammy is comfortable playing, but didn't they say they were gonna do more CVH than just one song? Like that Good Enough and Judgement Day were included - can't wait to hear those two live again!

the_atomic_punks_rule
05.07.06, 05:11 PM
Oh you know it! I think that some of the people on here exist, solely to bitch. If they didn't have something to bitch about, the pressure would build, and they'd explode. Now watch, they'll all starting bitching about me outing them in front of everybody!!!!

actually this post sounds like bitching...

Lance
05.07.06, 06:11 PM
actually this post sounds like bitching...

No, just an attempt at humor, that apparently was lost on some.

the_atomic_punks_rule
05.07.06, 06:39 PM
No, just an attempt at humor, that apparently was lost on some.
i too was kidding

MAX
05.07.06, 08:51 PM
No offense to my good buddy Max, but.....

Absolutely none taken at all. Since I dish it out so much, I better be able to take it, you know? I just cannot help it whenever Eddymon posts. He just invites it and it would be rude of me not to comply. :devil:

Wray
05.07.06, 08:59 PM

Like that wasn't a big fucking invitation. Straight from Hallmark and all.

extreme red roth
05.07.06, 09:17 PM
I like most of the tunes, but could do without all the filler...

Everybody must get stoned, acoustic cabo wabo, let me take you there, i love this bar...they should be replaced...how about...

marching to mars
baby's on fire
serious juju
cruisin' and boozin'

instead...

extreme red roth
05.07.06, 09:19 PM
why doesn't sam play his real old stuff like cruisin and boozin? You know some of the capital stuff? Even Bad Motor Scooter and Red are better than I love this bar and let me take you there....

But I'm going....and have a big group talked into going...maybe they will change it a bit every night?

Greenpaw
05.07.06, 09:24 PM
why doesn't sam play his real old stuff like cruisin and boozin? You know some of the capital stuff? Even Bad Motor Scooter and Red are better than I love this bar and let me take you there....

But I'm going....and have a big group talked into going...maybe they will change it a bit every night?

I'm almost positive that they did play RED and Bad Motor Scooter last summer (well, at the Rosemont Theatre at least :) )

Not sure what he'll do about the VH portion of the show, but Sam definitely mixes up the setlist on his stuff from night to night.

ZachenFoot
05.07.06, 09:27 PM
I'm almost positive that they did play RED and Bad Motor Scooter last summer (well, at the Rosemont Theatre at least :) )

Not sure what he'll do about the VH portion of the show, but Sam definitely mixes up the setlist on his stuff from night to night.

Hell, he always did with his Los Tres Gusanos stuff. I'm expecting some "Other Half" shake ups too.

I got my tickets, cant wait to see what he does!

loveevhsince79
05.08.06, 06:43 AM
Good Enough and Judgement Day, excellent choices. Human Beings not so great a choice to me. That is Edwards song to shine on that was bringing back a darker vibe to his music. It was also a bone of contention between Sam and Edward that brought about the end. The solo is one of my favorites and often times have rewound just to hear it over and over. I want it to be Edward playing it which unfortunately is not going to happen.

Greenpaw
05.08.06, 08:14 AM
Human Beings not so great a choice to me. That is Edwards song to shine on that was bringing back a darker vibe to his music.

On the album, but live in 2004, that was one of Eddie's not-so-great songs. It still rocked, but it just didn't sound right the times I saw them that year and pretty much any bootleg you can watch/listen.

It'll be interesting to hear how Vic handles that one, especially the solo. :eek:

WinterlessIceness
05.09.06, 10:31 AM
Oh you know it! I think that some of the people on here exist, solely to bitch.

That's why they're called "bitches" :drunk: