PDA

View Full Version : The "Other Half"- Song Request Thread

Greenpaw
03.17.06, 11:36 AM
Given that the set is within a Wabos set, I figure they would play maybe 7 - 8 songs, so here's what I'd love to here them play:

(Mike on vocals)

Drop Dead Legs
D.O.A.
Dance The Night Away
Jaime's Cryin

(Sam on Vocals)

Summer Nights
Cabo Wabo
Don't Tell Me
Judgement Day

Van Squalen
03.17.06, 12:11 PM
Good thread idea.

Is it 'within' the Wabo set proper, or do they close the second half of the show with The Other Half?

Anyway...I'll presume (with high hopes) it'll be at least a ten song set.

Mike on vocals:

Dance the Night Away
Hot for Teacher
Mean Street
The Full Bug

Sam on vocals:

Humans Being
Summer Nights
Don't Tell Me
Mine all Mine
Judgment Day
Cabo Wabo

Greenpaw
03.17.06, 01:03 PM
The Dave stuff is kinda hard to pick because some of those songs like "Romeo Delight" or "Take Your Whiskey Home" are just TOO Dave for Mike to pull it off successfully. Not range wise, just attitude wise I guess.

Not to mention you don't have Eddie there, so it adds another handicap :(

Bad to the Bone
03.17.06, 01:24 PM
I just don't know what Vic can pull off. Remember when they did 5150 on the Sam and Dave tour and they only did the middle part, no intro and no solo. I'd like to see them stretch out and do some really cool shit but I don't know what..

Van Squalen
03.17.06, 01:49 PM
The Dave stuff is kinda hard to pick because some of those songs like "Romeo Delight" or "Take Your Whiskey Home" are just TOO Dave for Mike to pull it off successfully. Not range wise, just attitude wise I guess.

Exactly. While I'd really love to suggest Simple Rhyme (since Mikey's vocals are such a KEY component of that tune), plus my faves from the Dave era like Little Guitars, Hear About it Later, On Fire, Girl Gone Bad, etc...some of them are just so DAVE it's hard to imagine a version without him.

But I think Mike and Vic could pull off a mean version of The Full Bug, and I"m sure it's such a fun audience pumping song to play.

Greenpaw
03.17.06, 01:59 PM
People also need to keep in mind that Vic is no Ed. No one can play like Ed (not even Ed anymore :( ) And that's cool, it's just a chance for these guys to play the songs we wanna hear, nuthin wrong with that :thumb:

Sam could have found an Eddie clone if he wanted to, but why do that? Vic rips and has his own style and give him a ton of credit for that, he's takin a tough role by playing VH songs and giving them his flavor. :cool:

79th and Sunset
03.19.06, 04:10 PM
How about having Sammy play guitar, and Mikey play bass for some Van Hagar era songs. How about GET UP ?

Just an idea :p

LLFHS
03.19.06, 07:40 PM
Vic has been doing a fuckin bang-up job with the VH material, I don't give two-shits in a cowboy hat what anyone else says. This phobia about him is stupid.

As for the song list goes....I say they mix it the fuck up as mucho as possible.

Dirty Movies
Atomic Punk
Seventh Seal
Fire In The Hole......yeah that's right. I think Sammy could put some gonads on this tune.
Light Up The Sky
Unchained
Get Up
Source of Infection
Little Guitars
You're No Good
Romeo Delight
Where Have All The Good Times Gone
Girl Gone Bad

Van Squalen
03.19.06, 07:57 PM

Dirty Movies
Atomic Punk
Seventh Seal
Fire In The Hole......yeah that's right. I think Sammy could put some gonads on this tune.
Light Up The Sky
Unchained
Get Up
Source of Infection
Little Guitars
You're No Good
Romeo Delight
Where Have All The Good Times Gone
Girl Gone Bad

Holy crap, you're not fuckin' around. :thumb:

Raldo
03.20.06, 07:17 AM
8 songs:

(Sam on vocals)

Summer Nights
Cabo Wabo
Amsterdam

(Mike on vocals)

Runnin' With the Devil
Mean Street
Dance the Night Away
In A Simple Rhyme

vh_chick
03.20.06, 07:39 AM
OOO! Great thread idea, 'Paw!

Mike on vocals:
Jamie's Cryin'
Dance the Night Away
Little Guitars (why the hell not??!! Vic, get workin' on this one!)
SGMAD is good, but we've seen that a few times now, so pull out something else!

Sammy:
Poundcake
Humans Being
I happen to really like Deja' Vu.

And while we're here Sammy, please play "Can't Get Loose" when you're in Detroit!!!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Shari

Damn, I like LLFHS's ideas, as well!

Brian Elliott
03.20.06, 04:06 PM
Oh man, I would love to hear Dance The Night Away. :)

LLFHS
03.20.06, 07:22 PM
Holy crap, you're not fuckin' around. :thumb:

I think we've all heard "Runnin w/ the Devil" and WCTBL enough times, don't you?

Van Squalen
03.20.06, 07:32 PM
I think we've all heard "Runnin w/ the Devil" and WCTBL enough times, don't you?

I can easily live the rest of my life without ever hearing Jump and When it's Love live EVER again, no matter who's singing it, with a fat fucking smile, even.

I was particularly impressed with your inclusion of FITH. If Gary joins them at the Boston date, that might even be feasible. And hella cool.

Shit, if Mike and Vic cranked out Girl Gone Bad, I think I'd have to crap my pants, maybe. :p

LLFHS
03.20.06, 07:34 PM
Hey Mikey.....you readin this?

:D

BBB
03.20.06, 08:06 PM
As long as they play Best Of Both Worlds I'm down for anything else. It would be nice to hear Humans Being and 5150 and some CVH tunes like So This Is Love? or I'm The One. And if he did FITH that would kick ass too

Dan Halen
03.21.06, 04:25 AM
Dave set:

Panama
Unchained
Runnin' With The Devil
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Sammy set:

"5150"
Cabo Wabo
Poundcake
Amsterdam

StonewallVH5150
03.27.06, 01:53 AM
This is Mike & Sam's way of trying to get the brothers to come out of their cave... what do you think?

vhrocker
05.26.06, 03:16 AM
Bottoms Up
Feel Your Love Tonight
Mean Street
Black and Blue
Good Enough
Sucka In a 3 Peice
Big Fat Money

MF5150
05.26.06, 10:34 AM
Bottoms Up
Feel Your Love Tonight
Mean Street
Black and Blue
Good Enough
Sucka In a 3 Peice
Big Fat Money

Now thinking about it Feel Your Love Tonight would be an awesome song for the Other Half to play. That song sounds like it would be right up Sam's alley. I'd love to heard Good Enough too.

Rack of WHAT!!!?.... Well I'll have some of THAT!!!!!!!!