PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Sam Update

ravid dee loth
03.04.06, 02:18 PM
Found this at blabbermouth.net. Nothing too exciting, but a bit of an update none the less...:
According to a posting on VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony's official web site, Anthony will be touring with Sammy Hagar this summer as part of THE OTHER HALF, also featuring Vic Johnson and David Lauser. "It's gonna be a hell of a fiesta as a Cabo Wabo village is planned jammed with bikini girls, body builders, mariachi bands, food, drink, contests and probably some other cool stuff to boot!" reads the posting on Anthony's site. Headlining the "Livin' It Up" tour will be Hagar and his band THE WABOS.

Unchainme
03.04.06, 03:35 PM
Found this at blabbermouth.net. Nothing too exciting, but a bit of an update none the less...:
According to a posting on VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony's official web site, Anthony will be touring with Sammy Hagar this summer as part of THE OTHER HALF, also featuring Vic Johnson and David Lauser. "It's gonna be a hell of a fiesta as a Cabo Wabo village is planned jammed with bikini girls, body builders, mariachi bands, food, drink, contests and probably some other cool stuff to boot!" reads the posting on Anthony's site. Headlining the "Livin' It Up" tour will be Hagar and his band THE WABOS.

LMMFAO, sounds like A Sheep Carnival.

smithjc
03.04.06, 03:36 PM
Yeah I'm gonna have to pass on this one.

Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love
03.04.06, 03:55 PM
I'm happy Mikey is touring with Sammy, it's far better then him being a damn hermit like Eddie & Alex.

atomicpunk5150
03.04.06, 04:12 PM
Vic Johnson can't play VH for shit. And as much as I love Sammy...ENOUGH WITH THE TEQUILA THEMED BULLSHIT ALREADY!

Van Squalen
03.04.06, 05:25 PM
So there it's yesterday.

Half of Van Halen playing the old stuff is better than no live Halen at all, and certainly better than sitting at home with a thumb up your butt.

Besides...I love tequila and hot sauce. :cool:

voivod
03.04.06, 05:30 PM
Vic Johnson can't play VH for shit. And as much as I love Sammy...ENOUGH WITH THE TEQUILA THEMED BULLSHIT ALREADY!

Seriously!

It's not like the shut-in hermet theme hasn't worked for Eddie and Alex...

Phatie
03.04.06, 06:21 PM
Sammy Hagar and Van Halen Bassist Michael Anthony To Hit The Road As The Other Half

By Newsferatu, Writer
Saturday, March 4, 2006 @ 12:33 AM

Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony has issued the following update via his website (www.madanthonycafe.com):

"Michael, Sammy Hagar, Vic Johnson and David Lauser will be "Livin' It Up" this summer as Mad Anthony himself will be going out on the road with Hagar as The Other Half; part of Hagar's Livin' It Up 2006 North American Summer Tour!

It's gonna be a hell of a fiesta as a Cabo Wabo village is planned jammed with bikini girls, body builders, mariachi bands, food, drink, contests and probably some other cool stuff to boot!

We'll post tour dates when we get 'em. In the mean time, check out www.redrocker.com for additional info. See ya this summer!"

http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=4391

Wickett
03.04.06, 06:55 PM
So there it's yesterday.

Half of Van Halen playing the old stuff is better than no live Halen at all, and certainly better than sitting at home with a thumb up your butt.

Besides...I love tequila and hot sauce. :cool:

Agreed..

If memory serves from a New Years Eve several years ago, Tequila and hot sauce shot is a "prarie fire."

I'll definitely make the show, but I don't recommend the drink.

TheresOnlyOneWay
03.04.06, 06:59 PM
LMMFAO, sounds like A Sheep Carnival.

At least there is a carnival, eh?

Van Squalen
03.04.06, 07:07 PM
Agreed..

If memory serves from a New Years Eve several years ago, Tequila and hot sauce shot is a "prarie fire."

I'll definitely make the show, but I don't recommend the drink.

LOL, agreed. The version I've had is called a 'prairie dog', and it was a one ounce shot of Bacardi 151 topped off with a big dollop of habanero sauce, then lit on fire.

Yuck.

The 'Mad Anthony' is much more palette pleasing.

Wickett
03.04.06, 07:12 PM
LOL, agreed. The version I've had is called a 'prairie dog', and it was a one ounce shot of Bacardi 151 topped off with a big dollop of habanero sauce, then lit on fire.

Yuck.

The 'Mad Anthony' is much more palette pleasing.

sounds like it would go great with a big 'ol plate of BBQ...

Van Squalen
03.04.06, 07:19 PM
I always forget the damn recipe for a true Mad Anthony, but it's something like 2 oz. of Cabo tequila, 1 oz. of lime juice, 1 oz. of Grand Marnier, and generous dashes of Mike's hot sauce.

Anytime there's tequila and lime, it's good BBQ. :thumb:

Ed shred
03.04.06, 08:24 PM

thats what i said about 5 years ago, thank you!

Raldo
03.05.06, 03:01 PM
If they come close enough to CT, I'll be there!!!

ddzavis
03.05.06, 04:22 PM
Here's hoping they make their way to Scranton to play at Montage. I'm in. Break out the limes. Waitess!! :D

servoguy101
03.06.06, 06:00 AM

enjoy life from your cubicle...

Greenpaw
03.06.06, 07:11 AM
I'll be there. :thumb:

I can do without all the sideshow stuff, the Tequila pimpin doesn't bother me, I'm there for the music, I tune out the commercials. (Really, he doesn't need to push the Cabo, it sells itself. One of the best tequila's out there - THE Best IMO)

And there's no denying the guy gives you your money's worth in concert. Usually 2.5 to 3 hours, old songs, new songs, cover songs... he never plays the same show. Add a set of VH tunes with Mikey, shit........it's a done deal.

People just like to bitch about Sammy, that's cool, it comes across as sour grapes though, but whatever floats your boat.

TheresOnlyOneWay
03.06.06, 08:24 AM
Sam likes my area. We'd better be one of the stops!!!

grifhaln
03.18.06, 03:46 PM

You actually prefer Dave's "freak show/pervert" theme??
what kind of pussy boy cant relate to Tequila?? and why would Sammy stop doing something that his fans love?? who gives a rats ass what someone, who wouldnt go either way, thinks??

btw....you dont sound very bright saying Vic cant play vh for shit! I respect an opinion if you dont like the way Vic plays vh...but dont make foolish comments like he "cant"....do you really think Sammy would continue to tour with someone who "cant" play his music?? I think that fact that Sammy keeps him in his band...speaks the truth! Vic kicks some ass! he stays true to the original and adds a little of his own flavor! which I like better than someone who just tries to play a carbon copy of Eddie version.

Grif

ZachenFoot
03.18.06, 04:42 PM
You actually prefer Dave's "freak show/pervert" theme??
what kind of pussy boy cant relate to Tequila?? and why would Sammy stop doing something that his fans love?? who gives a rats ass what someone, who wouldnt go either way, thinks??

btw....you dont sound very bright saying Vic cant play vh for shit! I respect an opinion if you dont like the way Vic plays vh...but dont make foolish comments like he "cant"....do you really think Sammy would continue to tour with someone who "cant" play his music?? I think that fact that Sammy keeps him in his band...speaks the truth! Vic kicks some ass! he stays true to the original and adds a little of his own flavor! which I like better than someone who just tries to play a carbon copy of Eddie version.

Grif

Someone missed his last attitude adjustment appointment :sssh:

OLO
03.18.06, 05:21 PM
Sounds like a cool show to me. I hope they make it to Seattle are, better yet The Claw. :thumb: