PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton - I've forgotten the day (Thank God)

bedrockboy
05.20.05, 07:48 PM
an absolute disgrace. This show was like a lowlight reel for 2004. There was nothing good about the show. If I was there by myself I would have left 2 songs in. Being that I was there in a group I was forced to suffer through the 2 hours. A drunken Eddie, an overall sloppy performance, a very unfortable exchange between Sam & Ed. It was very hard to watch the trainwreck that night.

Van Squalen
05.20.05, 08:28 PM
You sound awfully familiar. Are you sure we don't know you? :)

LittleGuitars99
05.20.05, 09:42 PM
You sound awfully familiar. Are you sure we don't know you? :)

Tell me about it. :thumb:

atomicpunk151
05.21.05, 12:16 AM
an absolute disgrace. This show was like a lowlight reel for 2004. There was nothing good about the show. If I was there by myself I would have left 2 songs in. Being that I was there in a group I was forced to suffer through the 2 hours. A drunken Eddie, an overall sloppy performance, a very unfortable exchange between Sam & Ed. It was very hard to watch the trainwreck that night.

I was there. My friend and I drove from Detroit to be at that show and it was the first time I ever heard Eddie actually get booed during his solo. Although I did enjoy the the show Eddie couldn't have played any worse, it was like he was in his own world. I still say if Eddie is going to run around like he did on this tour I'll take the sloppy playing anyday!!

YankeeRose
05.21.05, 12:38 AM
You should have went to the Toronto show instead. Eddie was awesome that day!

Guitman777
05.21.05, 02:11 AM
At $90 to a $100 a ticket EVH should have played great every night, anything less is unacceptable. Remember when Ed and Al were on MTV after the failed Roth reunion and how they said having Roth back in the band would be an embarassment and a ripoff to the fans. Well thats what EVH has become sure is ironic. The only thing Ed or VH owes it's fans is good music and good live performances, anyone who says VH doesn't owe us anything is wrong. They may not owe us an autograph or to pose for a picture for our digital cameras at the airport, but for our hard earned money they owe us good product. Bottom line...I am in Ed's corner though and i hope he gets it together, he needs to get a handle on the drinking, when you let it interfere with your job and life like he has, then it's time to get a grip, which i believe he will. I believe they will be back with Roth or Sam or maybe someone else and Ed will kick butt again, he/they are a living legend at some point you've got to wake up and realize this and want to prove to yourself and the world that you've still got it. It may not be as commercially successful as in the past, but who cares i'll take quality over quanity any day

Wolfgang Slinger
05.21.05, 02:38 AM

I'll friggin' say!

MF5150
05.21.05, 07:38 AM
I'll friggin' say!

I would also concur with that statement.

concur means Agree right?

bedrockboy
05.21.05, 10:02 AM

i was at the toronto show and he wasn't anywhere near awesome (maybe compared to Hamilton he was) but he was very sloppy that night. Toronto was a fun show that at least. Hamilton was a very hard to watch.

bedrockboy
05.21.05, 10:07 AM
Tell me about it. :thumb:

where u at the show LG? If yes give your opinion, if no the fuck off. As usual all you simply do is sit back and criticize others on this board (me usually). Sounds like a jealous man who is pissed that he is incapable of any original thought. Now why don't you go back to that convenience store that you work at & start checking people's lottery tickets (soft drink supervisor, lol - like we can't figure out what that is)

dr.bullet
05.21.05, 10:21 AM
i had 7th row for the hamilton show and thought it was awesome. i wished that roth were singing that night though. i think people hate the show because there were about 400 people in attendance.

oooowwwww!!!

lubey dubey dub dub

bedrockboy
05.21.05, 10:26 AM
i had 7th row for the hamilton show and thought it was awesome. i wished that roth were singing that night though. i think people hate the show because there were about 400 people in attendance.

oooowwwww!!!

lubey dubey dub dub
There was probably about 8000 at the show, the whole lower level was basically full. The show was awful, i take it that was your first halen show. I can't imagine that they've ever played worse.

bangarang
05.21.05, 10:54 AM
yeah, i remember coming off the toronto show thinking it was the greatest concert i had ever seen in my life, and prayed for them to come back one more time that tour... and when they came to hamilton, i dont know if it was disappointment... i still enjoyed the show no matter how terrible it was, i just didnt get the same feeling i did in toronto. ill remember july 3rd 2004 for the rest of my life!

Wolfgang Slinger
05.21.05, 01:20 PM
Geez, this show sounded like it was pretty bad. :wtf:

dr.bullet
05.21.05, 01:35 PM
i think the problem is that a lot of the toronto show people went to the hamilton show....with a half full house, a shitty city, a horrible venue all just added up to a shit concert....i had never been to the copps coliseum but it sucked ass....gross city too. yuck.

lal5150
05.21.05, 03:17 PM
i know for damn sure they kicked ass in ft.lauderdale on 9/11. i would say eddie was on fire that night.

doublep
05.21.05, 05:16 PM
HAMILTON WAS A FUCKING DISGRACE. WHAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF IS THE TORONTO SHOW WAS FUN, AND THAT WAS FINE WITH ME BECAUSE IT WAS EARLY IN THE TOUR. I WAS IN VEGAS FOR THE AUGUST 6 SHOW AND THEY WERE FUCKING AMAZING!! YES, FUCKING AMAZING! I COME HOME AND TELL MY BROTHER (BEDROCK BOY) THAT HE MISSED THE BEST FUCKING VAN HALEN CONCERT I EVER SAW! THEY ANNOUNCE HAMILTON AND I TELL MY BRO GET READY BECAUSE IF THEY ARE HALF AS GOOD AS THEY WERE IN VEGAS YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME. THE BAND HITS THE STAGE IN HAMILTON AND BY SONG TWO I WANTED TO CRY! VAN HALEN IS LIKE FAMILY TO MY BRO AND I AND WATCHING ED WAS LIKE WATCHING A FAMILT MEMBER WASTING AWAY AND NOT BEING ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. WE WALKED OUT AND OUR GROUP OF FOUR DIEHARD FANS AGREED THAT VAN HALEN WAS DONE. ED, FOR FUCK SAKES PLEASE PROVE US WRONG! WATCH L.W.A.N. LOOK AT YOUR BAND AND HOW HAPPY YOU GUYS WERE, FUCK THE EGOS AND PLAY! PLEASE, I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO EVER HAVE TO SEE MY HERO EMBARASS HIMSELF THE WAY YOU DID IN HAMILTON! FUCK YOUR FANS, DO IT FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE I DON'T WANT WOLFIE TO HAVE TO BURY HIS FATHER!

ZORBA5150
05.21.05, 06:02 PM
HAMILTON WAS A FUCKING DISGRACE. WHAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF IS THE TORONTO SHOW WAS FUN, AND THAT WAS FINE WITH ME BECAUSE IT WAS EARLY IN THE TOUR. I WAS IN VEGAS FOR THE AUGUST 6 SHOW AND THEY WERE FUCKING AMAZING!! YES, FUCKING AMAZING! I COME HOME AND TELL MY BROTHER (BEDROCK BOY) THAT HE MISSED THE BEST FUCKING VAN HALEN CONCERT I EVER SAW! THEY ANNOUNCE HAMILTON AND I TELL MY BRO GET READY BECAUSE IF THEY ARE HALF AS GOOD AS THEY WERE IN VEGAS YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME. THE BAND HITS THE STAGE IN HAMILTON AND BY SONG TWO I WANTED TO CRY! VAN HALEN IS LIKE FAMILY TO MY BRO AND I AND WATCHING ED WAS LIKE WATCHING A FAMILT MEMBER WASTING AWAY AND NOT BEING ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. WE WALKED OUT AND OUR GROUP OF FOUR DIEHARD FANS AGREED THAT VAN HALEN WAS DONE. ED, FOR FUCK SAKES PLEASE PROVE US WRONG! WATCH L.W.A.N. LOOK AT YOUR BAND AND HOW HAPPY YOU GUYS WERE, FUCK THE EGOS AND PLAY! PLEASE, I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO EVER HAVE TO SEE MY HERO EMBARASS HIMSELF THE WAY YOU DID IN HAMILTON! FUCK YOUR FANS, DO IT FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE I DON'T WANT WOLFIE TO HAVE TO BURY HIS FATHER!

Relax with the caps. Sucks for you. I saw them on 6/22 in NJ, and they (including Eddie) were great

doublep
05.21.05, 06:29 PM
it seems some people do not know how to read. lets recap:

1/ toronto show was okay and a lot of fun.

2/ vegas show was outstanding

3/ hamilton show was a disgrace.

people who have a problem reading, please do not respond to my comments.

doublep
05.21.05, 06:30 PM
yes ZORBA5150 i mean you. if you can't read go back to school and learn.

Wolfgang Slinger
05.21.05, 07:22 PM
Dude, you've made your point time and time again in every thread that has to do with the tour/Toronto/Hamilton.

We get the point.

And I don't think people complaining about you writing in caps has anything to do with their reading ability. It's pretty unanimous whenever you post in caps, everybody says something.

ZORBA5150
05.21.05, 07:30 PM
yes ZORBA5150 i mean you. if you can't read go back to school and learn.

Fuck you. It was unfortunate you saw them on an off night, but I did not. In fact saw them play even tighter during Labor Day weekend in Atlantic City!

bedrockboy
05.21.05, 07:35 PM
Fuck you. It was unfortunate you saw them on an off night, but I did not. In fact saw them play even tighter during Labor Day weekend in Atlantic City!

congratulations zorba.

Wolfgang Slinger
05.21.05, 07:43 PM
Well, this is just a nice countdown to see when this thread get's closed... :rolleyes:

OLO
05.21.05, 09:00 PM
I just dont see much of a point in keeping this open.

Typing in all CAPS is considered YELLING. Dont type in all CAPS!!