PDA

View Full Version : VH 2004: The Same Old Show

ACK
05.07.05, 11:18 AM
Before you guys start getting ready to hurl things at me, hear me out.

It was great to see VH on the reunion tour in 2004 - it had been nine years since the Hagar lineup toured and eight years since the breakup.

Now there were some new wrinkles:
* New stage set
* new songs from the "best of"
* A couple of vintage VH tunes performed.

However, when all is said and done, it was basically a warmed-over '90s show.

Think about it:

* Same long, boring solos (except for Mikey's, which was brief and to the point)
* "Panama" for the zillionth time (drop this song, please!)
* Same mix of old Van Hagar era tunes (the only exception was the lack of any songs from Balance - bad call on the band's part )

The performance I saw in Worcester, MA was good - it was great to see Eddie and Mikey running and goofing around onstage once again and Sammy was the master of ceremonies. Alex kept the bottom end solid and appeared to be having a great time.

But I didn't walk away feeling like I'd seen something new. And for the high ticket price ($100), I guess I expected more.

However, I went because I figured this might be my last chance to see VH and from what I can see, I made a good decision as VH is back in limbo once again.

I know some of you are going to hang me out to dry because I disrespected the Mighty Van Halen...but I just wanted to state how I felt for the record.

Van Squalen
05.07.05, 11:25 AM
Seventh Seal was from Balance, of course.

Sorry you were disappointed. Apparently, lots of folks were, so you're not alone. Me, I'm one of the oddballs, as I saw one of the best VH shows of my tenure, in Los Angeles.

Well, anyway, I'm sure Brett will log your official statement into the official archived records. ;)

ACK
05.07.05, 11:33 AM
Seventh Seal was from Balance, of course.

Sorry you were disappointed. Apparently, lots of folks were, so you're not alone. Me, I'm one of the oddballs, as I saw one of the best VH shows of my tenure, in Los Angeles.

Well, anyway, I'm sure Brett will log your official statement into the official archived records. ;)

They didn't perform "Seventh Seal" when I saw them. It was a Balance-free show. :{

And thanks for respectfully "agreeing to disagree" with me. I'm glad you enjoyed your show. Like I said, I did have a good time...it just wasn't what it could have been.

Then again, nothing will ever top the first time I saw them - 5150 tour - the band was "on their honeymoon" and energized like they never would be again.

Van Squalen
05.07.05, 11:56 AM
They didn't perform "Seventh Seal" when I saw them. It was a Balance-free show. :{

That means you must've seen Learning to See live, then....which I would've preferred, having seen the Balance tour and such.

VH RightNow
05.07.05, 12:02 PM
they played seventh seal the second night......it kicked ass.....cummon man they have to play the hits..panama is a classic...i mean do they play the deeper cuts for a hunderd hardcores or the hits for 13000?

TheArchitect
05.07.05, 12:11 PM

It was great to see VH on the reunion tour in 2004 - it had been nine years since the Hagar lineup toured and eight years since the breakup.

* New stage set

Think about it:

* Same long, boring solos (except for Mikey's, which was brief and to the point)
* Same mix of old Van Hagar era tunes (the only exception was the lack of any songs from Balance - bad call on the band's part )

The performance I saw in Worcester, MA was good - it was great to see Eddie and Mikey running and goofing around onstage once again and Sammy was the master of ceremonies. Alex kept the bottom end solid and appeared to be having a great time.

But I didn't walk away feeling like I'd seen something new. And for the high ticket price ($100), I guess I expected more.

However, I went because I figured this might be my last chance to see VH and from what I can see, I made a good decision as VH is back in limbo once again.

I know some of you are going to hang me out to dry because I disrespected the Mighty Van Halen...but I just wanted to state how I felt for the record.

Your posting this shit a year later? WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK AT THIS POINT. THE TOUR IS OVER.

lal5150
05.07.05, 12:45 PM
glad to see the vh haters are out in force...... aint deomocracy grand....

Guitman777
05.07.05, 01:57 PM
Actually the guy was just expressing an opinion and people are getting pissed because they don't agree. The tours over it's a year later who gives a F*** well obviously he does and has a right to express that, and also has a right to expect to enter in to a respectful discussion of such, but NO! if you express any negativity about the MIGHTY Van Halen! you can expect to get flamed, that is sooo wrong. Well i happen to agree with this post, i am a huge VH fan also but i found the show i saw in Atlanta on the 04' tour to be boring. Actually to me in paled in comparison to any VH show i have ever seen, with Roth or Sam, to me it wasn't even on par with the F.U.C.K. or Balance tours. I don't think they were necessarily rehashing the past i just think it was a poorly planned reunion with very little rehearsal and pre-production time invested before hand and it showed, plus they were touring in support of a greatest hits record so the set list reflected that, they were trying to promote it after all. Whether you agree with this guy or me is beside the fact, people deserve to be treated with respect especially if they show respect in a post that is of a critical nature, which i believe this guy has done with this thread. He's a VH hater because of what he said, because he was disapointed.....that is very lame.....

lal5150
05.07.05, 02:21 PM
at first i was not going to respond to the previous comment. well since my post was mis read by the reader. all i was doing was making fun of all the comments and fuss being made over vh.. i saw the 9/11 show in ft.lauderdale.and they seemed to be hitting on all cyclinders that night. i disagree with you on the stage set up it was nice to see vh in that kind of enviorment. up close and personal. also on the 3tour i really enjoyed gary cherone.lets all remember thats its not life or death we are dealing with . its only a band and music.

OLO
05.07.05, 02:33 PM
All oppinions are WELCOME!!

Everyone chill.

jws5150
05.07.05, 02:34 PM
lets all remember thats its not life or death we are dealing with . its only a band and music.

No, it's life or death....get it straight dude!

ACK
05.07.05, 07:12 PM
Actually the guy was just expressing an opinion and people are getting pissed because they don't agree.

Guitman 777, thank you. You hit it right on the head.

If anyone else expressed what I'd said and I challenged them, I'd be the bad guy. I guess I'm the bad guy for some people here whichever way you look at it. However, there have been those such as yourself who are respectful, so it works both ways.

I think also with the benefit of time, we're able to put things in proper perspective. Some people forget that I said I had a good time at the show.

At least I got to see VH one last time. If they never reunite, I'll always have that. :thumb:

James in New York
05.07.05, 08:46 PM
"Same long, boring solos (except for Mikey's, which was brief and to the point)"
:eek:

Eddie's solo was not the same at all-
it was different, in the moment, and wild...

I wouldnt want to go see VH if Eddie didn't solo.

Wolfgang Slinger
05.07.05, 08:52 PM

From what I've listened to, Ed's solo was just about different every night. He may have included the samething's as a previous night, but they were either doctored of so out of whack that it was cooler than ever.

bedrockboy
05.07.05, 10:10 PM
From what I've listened to, Ed's solo was just about different every night. He may have included the samething's as a previous night, but they were either doctored of so out of whack that it was cooler than ever.
From what I saw from Ed's solos (Toronto & Hamilton) I would have strongly preferred the old, boring, genius, Ed solo. What I received was a new, drunken, barely listenable solo. I saw sure saw different, but different ain't always good. :)

bedrockboy
05.07.05, 10:14 PM

* New stage set

Think about it:

ACK,

I tend to agree with 90% of your post. Any VH fan who was thrilled with that tour don't have their standards set very high, in my opinion. It was, at best, an average tour. When you get as many bad nights as they put in, from what I've heard - I saw 2 shows (Toronto - bad, and Hamilton - worse) no one can honestly see that as a success.

VivaVH
05.07.05, 10:22 PM
Any VH fan who was thrilled with that tour don't have their standards set very high, in my opinion.

What about those of us who had never seen them live before?

Wolfgang Slinger
05.08.05, 03:03 AM
ACK,

I tend to agree with 90% of your post. Any VH fan who was thrilled with that tour don't have their standards set very high, in my opinion. It was, at best, an average tour. When you get as many bad nights as they put in, from what I've heard - I saw 2 shows (Toronto - bad, and Hamilton - worse) no one can honestly see that as a success.

I'm not to sure about Hamilton, but Toronto?! What show were you watching? :wtf:

WinterlessIceness
05.08.05, 05:11 AM
Your posting this shit a year later? WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK AT THIS POINT. THE TOUR IS OVER.
And Fair Warning was released 24 years ago, who gives a swimming crap either?

TheArchitect
05.08.05, 05:17 AM
And Fair Warning was released 24 years ago, who gives a swimming crap either?

Yeah, but I haven't seen anyone reviewing the record lately either.

Wolfgang Slinger
05.08.05, 05:32 AM
a swimming crap

What do those look like? :D

WinterlessIceness
05.08.05, 07:07 AM
Yeah, but I haven't seen anyone reviewing the record lately either.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=25798

vheddyrmv8
05.08.05, 07:14 AM

Damn, I was about to go find the link, you beat me to it :thumb:

WinterlessIceness
05.08.05, 07:25 AM
^ I had it ready to use :cool:

bedrockboy
05.08.05, 08:00 AM
I'm not to sure about Hamilton, but Toronto?! What show were you watching? :wtf:
same show you were I'm sure. It was an incredibly sloppy performance. It was a fun show (nice seeing the band again) but compared to other shows I've seen from them not in the same class. I've seen them 7 or 8 times before that and it was easily the worst of the shows. That said, when you compare it to the heaping pile of shit they pulled in Hamilton, the Toronto show was a classic.

bedrockboy
05.08.05, 08:03 AM
What about those of us who had never seen them live before?
then you have nothing to compare it and (this is gonna sound bad) but your opinions don't count as much. You don't ask the virgin you just slept with if you were great, if she says you were what does it really mean? :)

Wolfgang Slinger
05.08.05, 08:37 AM
same show you were I'm sure. It was an incredibly sloppy performance. It was a fun show (nice seeing the band again) but compared to other shows I've seen from them not in the same class. I've seen them 7 or 8 times before that and it was easily the worst of the shows. That said, when you compare it to the heaping pile of shit they pulled in Hamilton, the Toronto show was a classic.

Yeah, I guess you've got your opinion and I've got mine. Nothin' wrong with that. :)

I found the show in Montreal (I think it was 2 days before Hamilton) in November was a lot better than the show in Toronto performance wise, mind you.

VivaVH
05.08.05, 08:49 AM
then you have nothing to compare it and (this is gonna sound bad) but your opinions don't count as much. You don't ask the virgin you just slept with if you were great, if she says you were what does it really mean? :)

Ha ha, well technically speaking, she could still tell you that you were bad, but nine times out of ten you'd practically have to not be able to get it up the entire night in order for that virgin to tell you that you were bad.

In keeping with the (great) analogy, I think VH had some "up" moments on this past tour. I had a great time both times I saw them and I was happy to be devirginized :D

Wolfgang Slinger
05.08.05, 08:49 AM

Now I think that's complete horse shit.

I saw Van Halen before the 2004 Tour as well and I don't see that somebody's opinion coming from somebody that never saw them before matters less at all.

It's opinion about music. It's like having an opinion on food or cars. I could say this about any band, but saying it about Van Halen is as good as an example as any...

Most people who went to see Van Halen in 2004 knew what the band was all about whether it be live, studio or demo tapes, whatever. People have seen the bootlegs, people have seen the PPV specials, people have seen the DVD's and heard the live CD's. Regardless of whether you saw Van Halen in 1992 when LRHRN was released or in 1995 when they had their PPV concert from Toronto aired, or saw them for the first time in 2004, you have a just as much of right to judge a show and give your opinion as somebody who's seen them 60 times. More opinions does not mean more important and valid opinions.

bedrockboy
05.08.05, 09:32 AM
Now I think that's complete horse shit.

I saw Van Halen before the 2004 Tour as well and I don't see that somebody's opinion coming from somebody that never saw them before matters less at all.

It's opinion about music. It's like having an opinion on food or cars. I could say this about any band, but saying it about Van Halen is as good as an example as any...

Most people who went to see Van Halen in 2004 knew what the band was all about whether it be live, studio or demo tapes, whatever. People have seen the bootlegs, people have seen the PPV specials, people have seen the DVD's and heard the live CD's. Regardless of whether you saw Van Halen in 1992 when LRHRN was released or in 1995 when they had their PPV concert from Toronto aired, or saw them for the first time in 2004, you have a just as much of right to judge a show and give your opinion as somebody who's seen them 60 times. More opinions does not mean more important and valid opinions.
I'm not saying that a first time Halen concert-goers opinion doesn't count at all, what I'm saying is that a first timer is much more likely to come out happy and that their opinions will be skewed by that fact. When I first saw Halen in (i want to say 91 at Skydome) I thought it was the greatest show ever. I would have argued against anyone who said it wasn't the greatest show ever. But you know what? It wasn't. I had seen bootlegs, and owned LWAN but your first time live is different. The excitement of seeing the band will overshadow the sound. You're so excited to be there that you will not notice imperfections, you're just so excited to be there. It's only in hindsight, when you have something to compare it to that you can give it a real honest take (hence my virgin comparison). :p

bedrockboy
05.08.05, 09:33 AM
Ha ha, well technically speaking, she could still tell you that you were bad, but nine times out of ten you'd practically have to not be able to get it up the entire night in order for that virgin to tell you that you were bad.

In keeping with the (great) analogy, I think VH had some "up" moments on this past tour. I had a great time both times I saw them and I was happy to be devirginized :D
very true, they had some "up" nights and some nights when they couldn't "get it up". Hope you enjoyed your first time, you'll never forget it.

bedrockboy
05.08.05, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I guess you've got your opinion and I've got mine. Nothin' wrong with that. :)

I found the show in Montreal (I think it was 2 days before Hamilton) in November was a lot better than the show in Toronto performance wise, mind you.
I heard that some of the shows on this tour were smokin, I;m just unlucky that I didn't see one I guess. Can't complain though, Toronto is usually a great show just not this time. :(

Wolfgang Slinger
05.08.05, 09:46 AM
I'm not saying that a first time Halen concert-goers opinion doesn't count at all, what I'm saying is that a first timer is much more likely to come out happy and that their opinions will be skewed by that fact. When I first saw Halen in (i want to say 91 at Skydome) I thought it was the greatest show ever. I would have argued against anyone who said it wasn't the greatest show ever. But you know what? It wasn't. I had seen bootlegs, and owned LWAN but your first time live is different. The excitement of seeing the band will overshadow the sound. You're so excited to be there that you will not notice imperfections, you're just so excited to be there. It's only in hindsight, when you have something to compare it to that you can give it a real honest take (hence my virgin comparison). :p

I guess that's somewhat true.

But I actually still think my first show was the best for some reason! lol

Wolfgang Slinger
05.08.05, 09:49 AM
I heard that some of the shows on this tour were smokin, I;m just unlucky that I didn't see one I guess. Can't complain though, Toronto is usually a great show just not this time. :(

That's a shame, man. Ah well, such as life, right?

I think all the guys that went to the Toronto show thought something great about it. Hell, we had a about a 170 page/1,200 post thread going just titled 'Toronto?' Besides the last night of the tour, dare say it was the most talked about show on the tour. :)

TheArchitect
05.08.05, 02:33 PM

You call that a review? You must work for Rolling Stone.

Wolfgang Slinger
05.08.05, 02:45 PM
You call that a review? You must work for Rolling Stone.

So people saying:

- "It's a brilliant album"
- "Their masterpiece! Fair Warning Rocks!"
- "Greatest rock and roll album ever made."
- "this album does kick ass every song is pure VH"

and everything else in there that go into detail about Fair Warning ISN'T a review? :confused:

If Mishar worked for Rolling Stone, he'd be reviewing the plastic that the CD case is made of and how the shine resmebles J-Lo's new make-up line.

vheddyrmv8
05.08.05, 03:15 PM
He's just pissed that he got proven wrong.

TheArchitect
05.08.05, 04:06 PM

Wrong? hardly.

Try again junior. That thread wasn't started for the express purpose of reviewing it like this thread was which was my point. Perhaps it was too subtle for those blinded by VH worship to grasp. I certainly don't consider random comments a review by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm stunned that you people have nothing better to talk about than a tour that ended a year ago or a record that was released 24 years ago. Let me repeat that, 24 YEARS AGO. Was endless speculation as to why the brothers crawled back under their rock getting a bit dull? Don't any of you ever wonder what else might be going on in music since 1998 since they released their lastreal album?

WinterlessIceness
05.08.05, 04:39 PM
I'm stunned that you people have nothing better to talk about than a tour that ended a year ago or a record that was released 24 years ago.

There is a 'Skip-Thread' option for your type. Or skip a forum or a board for that matter

And not for the first time

vheddyrmv8
05.08.05, 05:14 PM
Wrong? hardly.

Try again junior. That thread wasn't started for the express purpose of reviewing it like this thread was which was my point. Perhaps it was too subtle for those blinded by VH worship to grasp. I certainly don't consider random comments a review by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm stunned that you people have nothing better to talk about than a tour that ended a year ago or a record that was released 24 years ago. Let me repeat that, 24 YEARS AGO. Was endless speculation as to why the brothers crawled back under their rock getting a bit dull? Don't any of you ever wonder what else might be going on in music since 1998 since they released their lastreal album?

Oh so I suppose we shouldn't care about the holocaust or 9/11 then should we since they were so long ago. Give me a damn break. You don't like it, don't read it, no one's forcing you. If it's so horrible here then don't stay. Not all of us are completely obsessed with VH. I honesly haven't listened to a van halen song in 3 or 4 months. But VH is my favorite band and I like to talk about them, there's not that many forums like VHLinks for other bands. It's ironic how you think it's dumb yet you keep replying to the thread. It's the 2004 tour section, if it didn't matter, why did you look at it in the first place?

Bye, Junior :thumb:

Wolfgang Slinger
05.08.05, 06:25 PM

After saying that, don't you have to ask yourself whether reading any of this is relevant to you? Or, maybe, there might not be a reason for you to be here if you don't like what you see?

Don't get me wrong, the better at the VHLinks the better and I'd actually hate to see you go or not be here, but, gezzus kryst, man! Nobody likes anybody that constantly posts "Bitch, Complain, Nagg" all the time.

Bitching about what's old news, what's important, what's not and what matters is anything anybody wants to read. Just ignore it if you don't like what you see. :)

bedrockboy
05.14.05, 04:08 PM
"Same long, boring solos (except for Mikey's, which was brief and to the point)"
:eek:

Eddie's solo was not the same at all-
it was different, in the moment, and wild...

I wouldnt want to go see VH if Eddie didn't solo.
funnily enough, that "in the moment and wild" part was what I hated most about this tour. I didn't pay that sort of money to see eddie fuck around and try to land on this feet. We don't buy cds full of demos we buy the finished product. When I see him solo live, I'd like to hear something that he has played before and that sounds good, not a bunch of incoherenr noodling.

Wolfgang Slinger
05.14.05, 04:22 PM
I'd pay money to see half the shit that Eddie did played by some hack that spends his time in guitar stores trying to impress somebody.

bedrockboy
05.14.05, 04:30 PM
I'd pay money to see half the shit that Eddie did played by some hack that spends his time in guitar stores trying to impress somebody.
huh?

doublep
05.14.05, 11:11 PM
evidently wolfgang slinger will now be known as wolfgang moron!!!!!!!
i saw 3 shows on this tour, 1 great one, one good one and one disgraceful one. eddie's solo was the only consistent part of the shows..................he was fucking terrible! i love ed and the band, but i call it like it is and ed was brutal!!!

Wolfgang Slinger
05.15.05, 04:30 AM

I'm glad you think that.

Is that what you say when your mom or dad has an opinion that differs from yours? "Well, mom is officially a MORON!" Wouldn't suprise me, but it's still uncalled for.

Around here, we have something called "opinions" and especially in this forum, all opinions are welcome. Actually, this forum is deticated to reviews from the 2004 tour, not opinions on people who post here.

If you think I'm a moron, great. I couldn't care less about what some jack-off hiding behind his computer screen thinks of me or my opinions. If you think my opinion sucks, great. Post yours. If you think my opinion is WRONG, well, that my friend is pretty ignorant because I'm intitled to mine.

I wrote this because I think it will be good for you to learn for the next time you think about slandin' somebody around here, you could lose some respect and credibility as to what in the hell you're talking about. You've already lost mine.

WinterlessIceness
05.15.05, 04:42 AM

What are you barking at, dude?

bedrockboy
05.15.05, 10:51 AM
i saw 3 shows on this tour, 1 great one, one good one and one disgraceful one. eddie's solo was the only consistent part of the shows..................he was fucking terrible! i love ed and the band, but i call it like it is and ed was brutal!!!
Wolfgang,

In all fairness, when Douple P referred to you as a moron he was likely referring to posts like this:

"I'd pay money to see half the shit that Eddie did played by some hack that spends his time in guitar stores trying to impress somebody."

What does that mean? I have no idea what you were trying to say. If you meant that you'd pay money to see some guy at a guitar shop noodle around and accomplish nothing (that's what Eddie typically accomplished during his solo) then I think Douple P's moron comment is fair. Why pay for it when you can just stroll into a guitar shop and hear it for free? If you meant something else, please let me know.

WinterlessIceness
05.15.05, 11:09 AM
^ so what was triple p arguing about then? Read his reply

bedrockboy
05.15.05, 01:27 PM
^ so what was triple p arguing about then? Read his reply

I read his reply and tend to agree with his take on the tour, Eddie was terrible.

I still don't know what you meant by:

"I'd pay money to see half the shit that Eddie did played by some hack that spends his time in guitar stores trying to impress somebody."

Can u fill me in?

Wolfgang Slinger
05.15.05, 02:02 PM
I still don't know what you meant by:

Can u fill me in?

First of all, that wasn't even that important of a statment. As the matter of fact, it doesn't even matter what I meant by it, it's pretty selfy-explanitory, but here... I'll explain it.

Rather than something I've heard 4 million times from Eddie like "Cathedral", "Eruption", "Spanish Fly" and everything else that somebody that walks into a music store and irritates all of the empoyees working there because they've heard it it all before.

It's a guitar shop reference... It's a guitar player reference... Get it? Play guitar? :confused:

Wolfgang Slinger
05.15.05, 02:07 PM
Wolfgang,

In all fairness, when Douple P referred to you as a moron he was likely referring to posts like this:

Is that really a vehicle or an excuse to call somebody a moron? Did I call anybody an names?

I understand that we're in the little world of the internet that gives everybody a voice and opinion that they DON'T seem to have in the real world... :rolleyes: But come on.

bedrockboy
05.15.05, 02:25 PM
First of all, that wasn't even that important of a statment. As the matter of fact, it doesn't even matter what I meant by it, it's pretty selfy-explanitory, but here... I'll explain it.

Rather than something I've heard 4 million times from Eddie like "Cathedral", "Eruption", "Spanish Fly" and everything else that somebody that walks into a music store and irritates all of the empoyees working there because they've heard it it all before.

It's a guitar shop reference... It's a guitar player reference... Get it? Play guitar? :confused:

Actually I don't play guitar, I'm a keyboard player.

It's an interesting theory you have though. I guess you'd rather them not play anything except It's About Time, Learning to See & and Up for Breakfast. Since you've heard all their other stuff a million times maybe then they can kick into some sort of jam session that you've never heard before, better then hearing Panama and Poundcake for the twentieth time live (the guys in the guitars shops probably play those songs too).

So I take it you hated Eddie's solo on every other tour except for this one? It wasn't nearly as original as this tour.

Wolfgang Slinger
05.15.05, 03:11 PM

It's an interesting theory you have though. I guess you'd rather them not play anything except It's About Time, Learning to See & and Up for Breakfast. Since you've heard all their other stuff a million times maybe then they can kick into some sort of jam session that you've never heard before, better then hearing Panama and Poundcake for the twentieth time live (the guys in the guitars shops probably play those songs too).

So I take it you hated Eddie's solo on every other tour except for this one? It wasn't nearly as original as this tour.

In the first part of this post, are you talking about Van Halen or people in music stores? If you're talking about people in music stores (like the one I work at) then yeah, that would be nice and refreshing to hear anything but a half-assed version of Panama. If you're talking about Van Halen, then no, a standard setlist is good enough for me.

As far as Ed's solo goes on previous tours, I enjoyed those as well. But to me, after seeing seeing 3 of his solo's live and hearing and seeing many more thanks to bootlegs, I've learned a lot more as a musician from this past tour compared to what seemed like him going through the same old motions as he did on previous tours.

If I wanted to hear "Eruption", "Cathedral" or an intro to "Mean Streets" as if it were played right off a record, I'd stay at home and listen to the record. :thumb: That's what I thought was great about this past tour. What seems like "fucking up" by Ed to so many people, I take as improv and something sounds really cool.

Maybe it's just little ol' me seeing the glass half-full, but if you can grab some bootlegs of songs like "Unchained", "It's About Time" or even "Runaround" from this past your and listen to the intro's and some of the solo's, hopefully you'll know what I mean or you'll have your own opinion on it and love it even more, or hate it even more than you do now. Who knows?

My point in all this is, I was never tired of Eddie's solo's on this tour and it's one of the tracks I look most forward to listening to when I get a bootleg. It was different every night regardless of whether he was playing the same riff, or not, he's change something. On two occassions when I saw him, he said "I'm gonna do some stuff for you and if you don't like it, let me know by yelling at me or throw some tomato's..." I never seemed to see any tomato's being thrown at him.

Wolfgang Slinger
05.15.05, 03:12 PM

Wanna start a band? I'm looking for a really good keyboard player, actually! LOL

You guys aren't easy to come by. :brickwall

OLO
05.15.05, 03:19 PM
Time to close this one.